Instance java.lang.Object.getClass() of Class Java Method on OO Tumia

Hi,

You are kindly invited to check out the Instance
java.lang.Object.getClass() of Class Java Method on the object
oriented directory Tumia:
http://www.tumia.org/en/directory/en/java.lang.object.getclass%28%29_p1.html
- Click some java.lang.Object.getClass() links or in the upper
toolbar:
- click the "-->"-button for the following java.lang.Object.getClass()
links or
- use the Tumia Instance combobox to select another Instance or
- use the Tumia Class combobox to select another Class or
- use the Relat. Instan. combobox to select a Related Instance.

Kind regards, Paka Small
0
paka-en (25)
1/25/2012 3:05:37 PM
comp.lang.java.softwaretools 2938 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class java.lang.reflect.Method? Please reply with YES or NO.
Hi, Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class java.lang.reflect.Method? Please put YES or NO as the first word in your reply. Add comments after it if you wish. I'll make a YES/NO count after some time. Kind regards, Paka Paka Small wrote: > Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class > java.lang.reflect.Method? It's not subject to vote. It's defined by the language. You might as well ask, "Is 'int' a primitive or a reference type?". Your vote will not change reality. > Please put YES or NO as the first word in your reply. Add comments > after it if you wish. > > I'll make a YES/NO count after some time. And what exactly do you hope to accomplish by this exercise? Distinguish who knows Java from those who don't? A method is not a class, and a class is not a method. That's reality in Java. The law of gravity is not subject to repeal by opinion, and neither is this. Instead of wasting your time and trying to waste ours conducting meaningless polls, why don't you read the material linked upthread and learn the truth for yourself? Learn the truth and it will set you free, or at least keep you from making errors like claiming that methods and classes are the same in Java. -- Lew On 5 feb, 20:38, Lew <lewbl...@gmail.com> wrote: > Paka Small wrote: > > Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class > > java.lang.reflect.Method? > > It's not sub...

Navigate between Sibling Java Methods of java.lang.Object on OO Tumia
Hi, Your are kindly invited to check out the scenario "Navigate between Sibling Java Methods of java.lang.Object": 1. The user surfs to for example java.lang.Object.equals(java.lang.Object): http://www.tumia.org/en/directory/en/java.lang.object.equals%28java.lang.object%29_p1.html 2. The user selects some external links about java.lang.Object.equals(java.lang.Object). 3. The user selects a Related Instance (for example java.lang.Object.getClass()) that as a Sibling of java.lang.Object.equals(java.lang.Object) is a method of java.lang.Object. 4. The system displays http://www.tumia.org/en/directory/en/java.lang.object.getclass%28%29_p1.html 5. The user selects some external links about java.lang.Object.getClass(). The user repeats steps 3-5 for other sibling java methods until done. On the object-oriented directory Tumia "Navigate between Sibling Java Methods of java.lang.Object" is a specific scenario of the use case "Navigate to Related Tumia Instances". In fact this sibling relationship between the concerned java methods is automatically derived from the link "of java.lang.Object" those java methods have in common. By the way troughout Tumia these kind of sibling relationships derived from a common link are being automatically realised and presented to the user for navigating. Sibling Energy Instances that Mitigate Earth Global Warming 2000 AD are a similar example: http://www.tumia.org/en/directory/en/nuclear_energy_p1.html Kind...

[...]

Good day to all, I have installed the j2se/netbeans binary bundle on red hat 9. I can run everything perfectly as root but when I try to compile with any other user I get: Error occurred during intialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object When I saw this it seemed like a permissions problem but I checked the permissions and everything seemed fine. All users have execute permissions of javac and java. I have read other threads dealing with the same or similar problem but have not reached any solution yet. I would appreciate if anyone that has run into this type of problem and has solved it if he/she could give me a hand or if anyone could just point out what I should be looking for in this type of problem. Thanks in advance... gek ...

Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object (ant/tomcat/spring)
Hi, I've been trying to get Spring working with ant and tomcat. Ant was building just fine, but I came in today and tried to build it and got this: Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object ?!?! Makes no sense to me. There _is_ an older version of java installed on my machine; but JAVA_HOME and ANT_HOME are set to the correct paths, and <which java>and <java -version> produce the correct version. Any help would greatly alleviate my frustration! Thanks in advance... Courtney ...

Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object (ant/tomcat/spring)
Hi, I've been trying to get Spring working with ant and tomcat. Ant was building just fine, but I came in today and tried to build it and got this: Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object ?!?! Makes no sense to me. There _is_ an older version of java installed on my machine; but JAVA_HOME and ANT_HOME are set to the correct paths, and <which java>and <java -version> produce the correct version. Any help would greatly alleviate my frustration! Thanks in advance... Courtney ...

How to define java.lang.Object using java IDL
Hi all, I have a function like: boolean method(java.lang.Object param). How can I define this using java IDL? In another words, I need to pass an instance of java.lang.Object from Client to Server using CORBA. Is this possible? I would be nice simply to typecast the Object at Server-side into whatever needed. How about without typecasts, is this possible in any way, for example using a helper function like: java.lang.Object anyToJavaLangObject(Any value) Code examples ?!? Thanks in advance Juha Rossi ...

CheckBox in Column of JTable: Exception: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Boolean
Hello, I have discovered a hidden error. My project was working for awhile, but then I started to get the below error. My error comes from the fact that I'm using a checkbox in a jtable, and I'm using the below "getColumnClass". Thank you, compile: run: Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Boolean at javax.swing.JTable$BooleanRenderer.getTableCellRendererComponent(JTable.java:5412) at javax.swing.JTable.prepareRenderer(JTable.java:5735) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableUI.paintCell(BasicTableUI.java:2114) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableUI.paintCells(BasicTableUI.java:2016) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableUI.paint(BasicTableUI.java:1812) at javax.swing.plaf.ComponentUI.update(ComponentUI.java:161) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintComponent(JComponent.java:778) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1054) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintToOffscreen(JComponent.java:5221) at javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paintDoubleBuffered(RepaintManager.java:1482) at javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paint(RepaintManager.java:1413) at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paint(RepaintManager.java:1206) at javax.swing.JComponent._paintImmediately(JComponent.java:5169) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintImmediately(JComponent.java:4980) at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(RepaintManager.java:770) at javax.swing.RepaintM...

java.lang vs java.util
Surprising to see something defined in java.lang <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on something defined in java.util <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? On 4/1/2011 9:11 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote: > Surprising to see something defined in java.lang > <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on > something defined in java.util > <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. > > Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? I think Iterable may make it into java.lang because of its significance in the foreach statement. Patricia On 04/02/2011 12:23 AM, Patricia Shanahan wrote: > On 4/1/2011 9:11 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote: >> Surprising to see something defined in java.lang >> <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on >> something defined in java.util >> <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. >> >> Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? Not if it wants to be consistent with http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/ don't'cha think? And the so-called "hierarchy" of java.util and java.lang is that they are equal. The language reserves for itself the entire panoply of java.* and javax.* packages. > I think It...

-verbose:class and java.lang.Object[]
I tried the option -verbose:class to JVM, and I am little confused bythe output.IMO, -verbose:class will tell us what classes are loaded by JVM,however, in the output, we find some arrays, such as,class load: java/lang/Object....class load: java/io/ObjectStreamField[]class load: java/lang/Class[]class load: java/lang/Object[] ....class load: java/lang/Thread[]class load: java/lang/ThreadGroup[]class load: java/lang/ThreadGroup$ChildrenGroupsLockclass load: java/lang/ThreadGroup$ChildrenThreadsLockclass load: java/lang/Thre...

java.io.File to java.lang.String
What's the best way to get the contents of a file represented by ajava.io.File object into a String? Benjamin wrote:> What's the best way to get the contents of a file represented by a> java.io.File object into a String?> You don't specify what you consider best so how about simple as best? Now for my curiosity, why would you want to do this?import java.io.*;public class test { public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception { ByteArrayOutputStream baos = new ByteArrayOutputStream(); File f = new File(args[0]); FileInputStream fis = new ...

java.lang.IllegalStateException: No Java compiler available
tearing my hair out on this one.Thuis started as an upgrade issue till i realised that my un-usedtomcat5 installation didn't work either with my test jsp.I have, in desparation, un-installed all java / tomcat libs and re-installed only those required to get thetomcat6-6.0.14-1jpp.noarch.rpm (and the band-waggon) loadedfirst I installed java_app_platform_sdk-5_02-linux.binthis shows (after I set alternatives to point to the /opt/SDK/jdkdirecrtory)[root@squirrel ~]# javac -versionjavac 1.6.0java shows the same.I have set the following in profileCLASSPATH=$JDKHOME:$JDKHOME/lib/tools.jarJAVA_H...

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no lsxbe in java.library.path
Hello i got following exception: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no lsxbe in java.library.path My source code looks like the examples of the Notes homepage. import lotus.domino.*; public class Main extends NotesThread{ public static void main(String argv[]){ System.err.println(System.getProperty("java.library.path")); // System.load("C:/Programme/lotus/notes/lsxbe.dll"); Main t = new Main(); t.start(); } public void runNotes(){ try{ Session s = NotesFactory.createSession("localhost&qu...

warning: [deprecation] in java.util.Date(java.lang.String) has been deprecated
Dear Java Programmers, When compiling my Java program I get the following warning: "warning: [deprecation] in java.util.Date(java.lang.String) has been deprecated" on for example this statement: new Date("09/23/2003") The code is used to generate the dates on a webpage. Depending on the language of the webpage the generated format is different. For example English (see "Date" and "Choose publication" on the page opened): http://home.scarlet.be/kenya-belgium/list_5_en/a_kenyan_birthday_party_and_a_belgian_birthday_party.html French: http://home.scarlet....

java.lang.VerifyError: class org.omg.PortableServer.AdapterActivatorPOA overrides final method
I am facing this problem when running my component. Can any one suggest the root cause of this. I am using JDK 1.4 ...

Error in creating java object from a class defined in a self defined java package
Hello all, Could anyone gives some suggestions on an error that I have encountered in creating a java object from a self defined class in my self defined java package. The console listing in MatLab (R14) is listed below : >> myObj = mypackage.myclass() ??? Undefined variable "mypackage" or class "mypackage.myclass". >> exist('mypackage.myclass','class') ans = 0 I have packaged "myclass.class" in a jar file called "mypackagejar.jar" under the path "mypackage\" and have added the classpath to this ...

Compiling Java from Java
I wish to write a Java program which can compile and run java source code. Can this be done without resorting to OS-specific calls to javac? I've seen suggestions that Ant might allow me to do this, but I've looking through the Ant manual, I can't see anything about it. Any hints? Malcolm Malcolm Ryan wrote: > I wish to write a Java program which can compile and run java source > code. Can this be done without resorting to OS-specific calls to javac? > I've seen suggestions that Ant might allow me to do this, but I've > looking through the Ant manual, I can&#...

How to modify java.lang.Object
I just started reading Java Performance Tuning. In the section on object-creation profiling, page 44, it mentions changing java.lang.Object. Two additional constructors need to be added. It states that it is an unsupported hack. I have to compile the new class, create a jar and make sure the jar is first in the boot classpath. so my question is, how do I change the Object class? Do I need the original class and change the code? If so where do I get it. If someone could clue me in as to what steps I need to do to mod java.lang.Object I would appreciate it. thanks for your help john coltra...

Hello all, how is everyone doing; good I hope. Anyways, I was wondering how I can edit the jvm settings. I have the following error: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space I read that this is caused by not having the jvm set high enough in memory; or an infinite loop. If I try to edit the jvm settings; do I do this in eclipse or add some commands to my actually code? Any thoughs, always apprecited thanks again. "Michael" <mbialowas@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:TtWZf.8710$nf7.4484@pd7tw1no... > Hello all, how is everyone doing; good I hope. Anyways, I was wondering how > I can edit the jvm settings. I have the following error: > Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space > > I read that this is caused by not having the jvm set high enough in memory; > or an infinite loop. > > If I try to edit the jvm settings; do I do this in eclipse or add some > commands to my actually code? > > Any thoughs, always apprecited thanks again. Hi, If you're using Eclipse, try adding the following: choose the menu option "run", the "run" again, and you get an option screen. There, you choose "new" to define a new configuration for your current project. As soon as you have done that (or select an existing project), there are several tabs on the right. One of them reads "(x)= Arguments". Select that one, and add th...

java.lang.NullPointerException at com.sun.kvem.midp.MIDP.run(MIDP.java:651)
Hi Friends, Does any one has any idea about the following StackTrace. I am using CLDC1.1 and MIDP2.0 with Sun Java Studio Mobility. Any help will be highly appreciated. java.lang.NullPointerException at com.sun.kvem.midp.MIDP.run(MIDP.java:651) at com.sun.kvem.environment.EmulatorInvoker.runEmulatorImpl(EmulatorInvoker.java:116) at com.sun.kvem.environment.EmulatorInvoker.runEmulatorSameVM(EmulatorInvoker.java:105) at com.sun.kvem.environment.EmulatorInvoker.runEmulator(EmulatorInvoker.java:63) at com.sun.kvem.environment.ProfileEnvironment$KVMThread.runEmulator (ProfileEnvironment.java:240) at com.sun.kvem.environment.ProfileEnvironment$KVMThread.run(ProfileEnvironment.java:262) Greetings, -- ...

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
I'm using matlab 7.9.0 and I got this error: Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space how can I solve this error? I create a file C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2009b\bin\win32 with the name java.opts with -Xmx2024m and I got the same error "Norberto Barroca" <norberto.barroca@hotmail.com> wrote in message <hh5gga$nc8$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I'm using matlab 7.9.0 and I got this error: > Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space > > how ...

SGI Java issue "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: poll0"
Hello all; I'm trying to debug an issue with a java script called, SelectSockets. It appears to be a fairly common one found on the web. I downloaded the SGI Java v1.4.1 installation from SGI's webpage and installed it using SGI's swmgr application. The installation was very straight forward and there were no errors when I installed the package. Then I ran /usr/java2/bin/javac SelectSockets.java to make the SelectSockets.class file. Then I ran /usr/java2/bin/java SelectSockets, and got the following error message: =================================================...

Web resources about - Instance java.lang.Object.getClass() of Class Java Method on OO Tumia - comp.lang.java.softwaretools

Tribunal de grande instance de Paris - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
TGI is found in the Palace of Justice on the Île de la Cité along with Court of Appeal of Paris and Court of Cassation . This site (formerly ...

Facebook At SXSW: More Than 1 Billion Instances Of App Activity Shared Daily
More than 1 billion instances of application activity are shared via Facebook on a daily basis, and a total of more than 400 billion open graph ...

Changed the AWS instance size on the Trex server from small to large, and now it runs much better. ;-) ...
... piece. The one that made the big difference came from my longtime programming friend Chuck Shotton. We increased the size of the AWS instance ...

The Instance - Podcast App on the App Store on iTunes
Get The Instance - Podcast App on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

An instance of the fingerpost - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Quite literally a fingerpost. Pelsall, Walsall, West Midlands. I had to drive past it to get to a meeting today. Great isn't it?

Buzzfeed Cans Editor After Uncovering '40 Instances' Of Plagiarism
... Editor-In-Chief Ben Smith announced his decision to fire the site’s “viral politics” writer Benny Johnson after finding at least “40 instances” ...

ACORN website allows Canberrans to report growing instances of cybercrime
A new website to fight cybercrime is set to save police an enormous amount of time and money.

Abbott's shift on settlements one more instance of secrecy
At least the Abbott government is doing its bit for the reading skills of journalists within Australia. Since there are fewer news conferences, ...

ACORN website allows Australians to report growing instances of cybercrime
A new website to fight cybercrime is set to save police an enormous amount of time and money.

Queensland Police are investigating several instances of looting in Bundaberg and Gympie
POLICE are investigating several instances of looting in Gympie and Bundaberg in the wake of flooding.