Can't find javax.* and other "extra" packages

I'm using JDK 1.4.1 for Java 2.  According to the API docs, I can use javax
packages, but when I add:

import javax.crypto;

I get an error that it can't find the package.  Is there some special way to
get javax packages?  According to a web page at Sun, the crypto is supposed
to be included with 1.4.  (That's how they write it -- no 1.4.1 or 1.4.2,
just written as 1.4.)

And, along with this, I've found references to a java.mail API.  I can't
find anything like that documented in the JDK references.  Where can I find
this package?  It would be a huge help to have that instead of having to
write my own POP3/SMTP routines.

Thanks for any help!

Hal
0
Hal
8/7/2003 6:26:49 PM
comp.lang.java 3285 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Chris wrote:

0
Hal