java error message?

Recently I've been getting the following message when I visit different
sites:  "Internet Explorer can not open this helper application for
dtdp://748/331/1/jgen44.cjt1.net/HTM/704/0/javasiterequest.asp?LV=60008DC=453&NFD&IW=7208JH=300&ORD=1111355390281?&.
The protocol specified in this address is not valid.  Make sure the address
is correct and try again."  I think I copied it correctly (kinda blurry, had
to copy as bitmap).  Any idea what is missing here?  What "request" is being
made from this site, or what helper application is missing?  Was it
something I did during my recent cleanup of the registry, or something
SpyBot S&D has shut down?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
John

0
John
3/24/2005 2:13:48 AM
comp.lang.java 3285 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

I am getting the same one.  Did you resolve this issue?

"John E." <jeaddy83@gte.net> wrote in message
> Recently I've been getting the following message when I visit different
> sites:  "Internet Explorer can not open this helper application for
> dtdp://748/331/1/jgen44.cjt1.net/HTM/704/0/javasiterequest.asp?LV=60008DC=453&NFD&IW=7208JH=300&ORD=1111355390281?&.
> The protocol specified in this address is not valid.  Make sure the
> address
> is correct and try again."  I think I copied it correctly (kinda blurry,
> had
> to copy as bitmap).  Any idea what is missing here?  What "request" is
> being made from this site, or what helper application is missing?  Was it
> something I did during my recent cleanup of the registry, or something
> SpyBot S&D has shut down?
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
> Thanks
> John

0
Flint
4/1/2005 12:10:36 AM
No.  No response from the group.  Any ideas?  I've updated java from their
site but that is not the problem.
If you find out, please let me know and I will do the same.
Thanks
John

"Flint" <scardone@rogers.com> wrote in message
>I am getting the same one.  Did you resolve this issue?
>
> "John E." <jeaddy83@gte.net> wrote in message
>> Recently I've been getting the following message when I visit different
>> sites:  "Internet Explorer can not open this helper application for
>> dtdp://748/331/1/jgen44.cjt1.net/HTM/704/0/javasiterequest.asp?LV=60008DC=453&NFD&IW=7208JH=300&ORD=1111355390281?&.
>> The protocol specified in this address is not valid.  Make sure the
>> address
>> is correct and try again."  I think I copied it correctly (kinda blurry,
>> had
>> to copy as bitmap).  Any idea what is missing here?  What "request" is
>> being made from this site, or what helper application is missing?  Was it
>> something I did during my recent cleanup of the registry, or something
>> SpyBot S&D has shut down?
>> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>> Thanks
>> John

0
John
4/1/2005 11:58:10 PM
I think that its part of a bundled package called kazaa. An adware program
called cydoor is bundled with that software. There must still be bits and
peices of the program still in the system. Of course kazaa isn't the only
program that has that adware. You could reinstall the program and then let
adware removal program get rid of it. Other than that I haven't come across
anything yet that will help.
0
Ray