java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00020: maximum number of processes (100) exceeded

Hello Friends,

I am getting the following error.
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00020: maximum number of processes (100)
exceeded

I am closing all my resultsets and all my connections in the try
block.
should i close ResultSets and Connections in the catch block aswell?.

or the problem is due to the connection pool settings in weblogic or
on the oracle side instead of in my application.

Thanks in Advance
sumithradevi
10/30/2003 3:03:00 AM
comp.lang.java 3285 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

You need to close at least your Connection object in the finally
clause, like this:

Connection conn = null;
try  {
     //get connection...

     //do stuff...

}  catch (SQLException sqle)  {
    e.printStackTrace();
}  finally {
    try { conn.close(); } catch (Exception e) { //do nothing }
}

If your application hits the database a lot, you might want to have
your DBA increase the maximum number of processes (I'm not a DBA, so I
don't know how to do this, or what side-effects it might have).

-Nathan

sumithradevi@hotmail.com wrote in message news:<2eee46ec.0310291902.4ee0527@posting.google.com>...
> Hello Friends,
>
> I am getting the following error.
> java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00020: maximum number of processes (100)
> exceeded
>
> I am closing all my resultsets and all my connections in the try
> block.
> should i close ResultSets and Connections in the catch block aswell?.
>
> or the problem is due to the connection pool settings in weblogic or
> on the oracle side instead of in my application.
>
> Thanks in Advance
nathanz
10/30/2003 7:31:07 PM

<sumithradevi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| Hello Friends,
|
| I am getting the following error.
| java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00020: maximum number of processes (100)
| exceeded
|
| I am closing all my resultsets and all my connections in the try
| block.
| should i close ResultSets and Connections in the catch block aswell?.
|
| or the problem is due to the connection pool settings in weblogic or
| on the oracle side instead of in my application.
|
| Thanks in Advance

You should try to close them in a finally block (checking first to see that
the connection is not null) this way you will be sure that they get closed.
How many multiple connections do you get on your server? If it is a busy
website you may well need in excess of 100 connections in the pool. We have
max connections set to 200 in ours. A good way to close your connections so
that you don't have to have too many nested connections is as follows:

try{
    Connection con = myDataSource.getConnection();
    try{
        // database call code here
        }
        finally{
            if(con != null){
                con.close();
            }
        }
}
catch(SQLException sqle){
    //handle exception here
}
--
-P

0
PerfectDayToChaseTor
10/30/2003 7:32:42 PM
OOps 'nested connections' should say nested try catch finally blocks :-)
Long day at work ;-)
--
-P

0
PerfectDayToChaseTor
10/30/2003 8:06:49 PM
PerfectDayToChaseTornados wrote:

> You should try to close them in a finally block (checking first to see that
> the connection is not null) this way you will be sure that they get closed.
> How many multiple connections do you get on your server? If it is a busy
> website you may well need in excess of 100 connections in the pool. We have
> max connections set to 200 in ours. A good way to close your connections so
> that you don't have to have too many nested connections is as follows:
>
> try{
>     Connection con = myDataSource.getConnection();
>     try{
>         // database call code here
>         }
>         finally{
>             if(con != null){
>                 con.close();
>             }
>         }
> }
> catch(SQLException sqle){
>     //handle exception here
> }
Hmmm; don't you risk the possibility that an exception on the
con.close() will overshadow another exception and make debugging more
difficult?

I usually use the following pattern:

Connection conn = null;
try
{
     conn = getConnection();
     // use connection
}
catch (final SQLException sqle)
{
     // handle exception; call conn.rollback() if desired
}
finally
{
     try
     {
         if (conn != null)
         {
             conn.close();
         }
     }
     catch (final SQLException sqle)
     {
         // log exception
     }
}

The nesting is no deeper than the original code.

Actually, this kind of issue makes me wish that Java supported the
notion of attaching a finally block to a method. The syntax would look like:

public void doStuff()
{
     // do stuff
}
finally
{
     // clean up
}

That would make a lot of code look cleaner.

Ray

0
Raymond

java.sql.SQLException: java.sql.Time
I get the following error message... java.sql.SQLException: Value '00:00:00 can not be represented as java.sql.Time >From the following SQL call... SELECT COUNT(pageurl) AS PageCount, pageurl, MAX(datetime) AS LastAccess, SUM(VisitLength) as TotalVisitLength, VisitLength, RecordNum, SUM(CASE WHEN VisitLength IS NULL THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) AS NullVisits FROM clubvisits WHERE groupid = #clubid# GROUP BY pageurl ORDER BY #OrderKey# I am using ColdFusion 7 (not my choice - don't laugh) on MySQL 4.1.12a. The error refers to the "VisitLength" field which is a "time" da...

java.sql.SQLException: java.sql.Time
I get the following error message... java.sql.SQLException: Value '00:00:00 can not be represented as java.sql.Time >From the following SQL call... SELECT COUNT(pageurl) AS PageCount, pageurl, MAX(datetime) AS LastAccess, SUM(VisitLength) as TotalVisitLength, VisitLength, RecordNum, SUM(CASE WHEN VisitLength IS NULL THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) AS NullVisits FROM clubvisits WHERE groupid = #clubid# GROUP BY pageurl ORDER BY #OrderKey# I am using ColdFusion 7 on MySQL 4.1.12a. I'm not a Java programmer - I don't know any Java, but ColdFusion acts essentially as a script la...

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01036: illegal variable name/number
Hi, I have a simple java classes trying to call a function in a database. Below is the function signature. function search_pipe_out (p_matching_ids in varchar2 ,p_return_pipe in varchar2 ,p_errorcode in varchar2 )return number is // implementation start here.... My Java Program public class Test { public static void main(String[] args) { CallableStatement csmt = null; Connection con = null; csmt = null; try{ Class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"); System.out.println("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver was loaded successfully"); con = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:oci8:@ORAWTCP","zzndn07","atlantis"); System.out.println(con.toString()); csmt =con.prepareCall( " { call ? := BU00153P.search_pipe_out ( ?, ?, ? ) }"); csmt.registerOutParameter(1, Types.NUMERIC); csmt.setString(2,"24598520,47162288,47162289"); csmt.setString(3, "BIP1PIPE$00400F450001"); csmt.setString(4,"0"); System.out.println(csmt.toString()); csmt.execute(); System.out.println("Done."); csmt.close(); con.close(); }catch(Exception e) {e.printStackTrace();} } } I get these error at the execute statement. java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01036: illegal variable name/number at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:134) at oracle.jdb...

SQL ERROR while executing the code java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01008: not all variables bound
Hi all i'm getting the above error plz tell me how to solve that error the code snippet is as bellow while(rst.next()){ con1=DriverManager.getConnection(url2,"rcxdev1","rcxdev1"); PreparedStatement pstmt=null; pstmt=con1.prepareStatement(sb.toString()); for(int i=0;i<mp.size();i++){ if((mp.get(rst.getMetaData().getColumnLabel(i+1)).equals("NUMBER"))) { pstmt.setInt(i+1,rst.getInt(i+1)); System.out.println("number "+i+" "+rst.getInt(i+1)); } if((mp.get(rst...

java.sql.SQLException:ORA-00904
Hi All, I am getting below error while executing my query in java program however when I run the same query on Toad/ sqlplus the query runs fine resulting the desired results. java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00904: : invalid identifier at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:114) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTIoer.processError(TTIoer.java:208) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.Oall7.receive(Oall7.java:542) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.doOall7(TTC7Protocol.java:1333) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.parseExecuteDescribe(TTC7Protocol.java:617) at oracle.jdbc.driver.Oracle...

Java in Java
Is it possible to download a Java app (applet etc?) and run it inside a desktop Java app? -- Dirk http://www.transcendence.me.uk/ - Transcendence UK http://www.theconsensus.org/ - A UK political party http://www.onetribe.me.uk/wordpress/?cat=5 - Our podcasts on weird stuff Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote: > Is it possible to download a Java app (applet etc?) and run it inside a > desktop Java app? > Quite likely, but you won't necessarily get the same security model, unless you were careful about it. -- Daniel Pitts' Tech Blog: <http://virtualinfinity.net/wordpress/&g...

Java Java
Have my first Open Source Linux Java Project. Working on a second right now. Coming out with a distro called OPEN*WINDOWS. It will be at www.black-and-company.com tab wrote: > Have my first Open Source Linux Java Project. > Working on a second right now. > > Coming out with a distro called OPEN*WINDOWS. > > It will be at www.black-and-company.com > Wasn't that the whole point of Lindows? Oh, right, we didn't care for that either. tab wrote: > Have my first Open Source Linux Java Project. > Working on a second right now. > > Coming out with a ...

Hi, I am new to DB2. I am getting this error while loading the DB2Driver. I don't have any idea about where i might have gone wrong. please help me. Below is the stack trace. Stack Trace: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.SQLAllocEnv(Native Method) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<init>(DB2Driver.java:245) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<clinit>(DB2Driver.java:130) at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Cla...

java.sql.SQLException: Bigger type length than Maximum
Hi, I use: WebLogic Platform 8.1 Service Pack 5 Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.5.0 Web application that use Oracle JDBC driver Version 10.1.0.2.0 to query the DB. I call this procedure: /*//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////*/ procedure GET_PROGECT_GID( progectID in INTEGER, int_table in VARCHAR2, outCursor out dnCursor) IS localCursor dnCursor; BEGIN OPEN localCursor FOR 'SELECT pr.GID, pr.ESEQ '|| 'FROM SIGRAFWEB.'||int_table||' pr '|| 'WHERE pr.PREVENTIVO = '||progectID||''; outCursor := localCursor; END...

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
Hi! As you'll notice I'm new to oracel :) I set up 9i r2 on a linux machine but the attempt to connect to a database (java, jdbc) ends up with the following: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01034: ORACLE not available ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist Linux Error: 2: No such file or directory at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:134) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTIoer.processError(TTIoer.java:289) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.O3log.receive1st(O3log.java:407) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.logon(TTC7Protocol.java:259) at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(OracleConnection.java:346) at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.getConnectionInstance(OracleDriver.java:468) at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:314) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:512) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:140) at com.onseven.dbvis.wrapper.DriverManagerImpl.getConnection(DriverManagerImpl.java:40) at com.onseven.dbvis.sql.Database.doConnect(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.sql.Database.access$000(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.sql.Database$ConnectionCommand.execute(Unknown Source) at se.pureit.util.ThreadCommand.runExecute(Unknown Source) at se.pureit.util.ThreadCommand.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534) ...

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00905: missing keyword
while executing via Ant following statement CREATE TABLE "ODDO_Securities" ( "C_ID" NUMBER NOT NULL, "SYSTEM_ID" NUMBER NOT NULL, "SUBBRANCH_CODE" NUMBER NOT NULL, "OPER_ID" NUMBER, "CC_CODE" NUMBER NOT NULL, "PRICE" DOUBLE, "NOMINAL" NUMBER NOT NULL, "ID_TYPE" NUMBER, "EMITENT_CODE" NUMBER(9), "PACK_CODE" NUMBER(9), "BRAND" VARCHAR2, "LIGATURA_MASS" NUMBER, "CHEMICAL_MASS" NUMBER, "HALLMAR...

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00904: invalid identifier
Hi, I'm using Java 1.5 with WebLogic 9.2.2 connected to an Oracle 10 db. I'm getting the below error but what is odd is that I can run the offending SQL statement fine using PL/SQL Developer. I have verified that the connection information is the same. Any way to tell exactly what is the "Invalid identifier"? Thanks, - Dave java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00904: "NPS_LOG"."PKG_NPSLOG"."GET_LKUP": invalid identifier at weblogic.rjvm.ResponseImpl.unmarshalReturn(ResponseImpl.java:211) at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicR...

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01006: bind variable does not exist
ps = conn.prepareStatement(" UPDATE USF_HEA_BENEFIT_AMOUNTS SET " + " BENEFIT_1_2_AMT = ?, " + " BENEFIT_3_5_AMT = ?, " + " BENEFIT_6_PLUS_AMT = ?, " + " CREATED_BY = '?' " + " WHERE " + " HEA_BENEFIT_CATEGORY_CDE = '?' AND " + ...

Intermittent java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00902: invalid datatype
Hi, We are getting java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00902: invalid datatype exception intermittently while saving the data in db using java, most of the times it is working for the same data elements, We are using Oracle SQL types to save the data in Oracle9i database! Please give some suggestions why we are getting this exception only in some times -? On Feb 12, 12:24=A0am, Suresh <eluri.sur...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > We are getting java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00902: invalid datatype > exception intermittently while saving the data in db using java, most > of the times i...

ORA-00036 maximum number of recursive SQL levels (string) exceeded
Platform: Solaris 9, Oracle EE 8.1.7.4, Oracle EE 10.2.0.1 Two databases on the same box, call them eps8pd (8.1.7.4) and epspd (10.2.0.1) In eps8pd, I created a db link pointing to epspd: CREATE PUBLIC DATABASE LINK "LNK_EPSPD" CONNECT TO "NOBELEPS" IDENTIFIED BY "********" USING 'EPSPD' then, connected to eps8pd as NOBELEPS (same user exists on both db's): Connected to: Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.4.0 - Production With the Partitioning option JServer Release 8.1.7.4.0 - Production SQL> select count(*) from user_tables@...

to use import java.lang.* or import java.lang.Math or none at all?
Hi guys, i knew that by default all java.lang classes will be imported by the compiler during compilation. but, to make it easier for the computer, should i specify which class i really will be using? does this action will boost the performance during compilation and runtime or not a matter at all? the answer to this post will definitely affect my programming style in the future when i'm considering "to import or not to import"... hmm,,, thanks in advance. JPractitioner wrote: > i knew that by default all java.lang classes will be imported by the > compiler during compilation. but, to make it easier for the computer, > should i specify which class i really will be using? does this action > will boost the performance during compilation and runtime or not a > matter at all? Whether and how you import classes has exactly zero effect at runtime. Imports (with or without wildcards) are only a kind of abbreviation provided by the compiler to save us the effort of typing in fully-qualified type names every time. In theory explicit importing should make compilation faster -- by a very tiny amount. I've never heard anyone claim that they've even managed to measure a difference let alone found a case where it made a practical difference. So the question comes down to how to write your code for maximum clarity. One school of thought asserts that you should always import each class explicitly (rather than by a wildcard). There's a fai...

java.lang vs java.util
Surprising to see something defined in java.lang <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on something defined in java.util <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? On 4/1/2011 9:11 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote: > Surprising to see something defined in java.lang > <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on > something defined in java.util > <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. > > Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? I think Iterable may make it into java.lang because of its significance in the foreach statement. Patricia On 04/02/2011 12:23 AM, Patricia Shanahan wrote: > On 4/1/2011 9:11 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote: >> Surprising to see something defined in java.lang >> <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on >> something defined in java.util >> <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. >> >> Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? Not if it wants to be consistent with http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/ don't'cha think? And the so-called "hierarchy" of java.util and java.lang is that they are equal. The language reserves for itself the entire panoply of java.* and javax.* packages. > I think It...

modifying java.lang.String.java
Hi, I'm trying to modify java.lang.String.java and add the modified String.class to rt.jar [THIS IS FOR MYSELF ONLY AND WILL NOT BE DEPLOYED]. I cannot add "private final boolean tainted[] = new boolean[5];" to String.java. If I do, it still compiles and I can add it to rt.jar and compile a test program against it. However, the JVM crashes with a strange message: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: name can't be empty at java.security.BasicPermission.init(Unknown Source) at java.security.BasicPermission.<init>(Unknown Source) at java....

Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object
I downloaded jdk-6u7-solaris-sparcv9.tar.Z and installed it by these commands: # zcat jdk-6u7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z | tar -xf - # pkgadd -d . SUNWj6rtx SUNWj6dvx SUNWj6dmx # /usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.6.0/bin/sparcv9/java -version Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object # ls /usr/jdk/instances/ jdk1.5.0 jdk1.6.0 # uname -a SunOS sun1 5.10 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-2500 Please help to fix the error. Thanks. TsanChung wrote: > I downloaded jdk-6u7-solaris-sparcv9.tar.Z and installed it by these > commands: > # zcat jdk-6u7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z | tar -xf - > # pkgadd -d . SUNWj6rtx SUNWj6dvx SUNWj6dmx > > # /usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.6.0/bin/sparcv9/java -version > Error occurred during initialization of VM > java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object It's missing or can't find rt.jar, right? How does the Solaris version find it's runtime files? Can you show us where rt.jar is? On Aug 20, 6:24=A0pm, Mark Space <marksp...@sbc.global.net> wrote: > TsanChung wrote: > > I downloaded jdk-6u7-solaris-sparcv9.tar.Z and installed it by these > > commands: > > # zcat jdk-6u7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z | tar -xf - > > # pkgadd -d . SUNWj6rtx SUNWj6dvx SUNWj6dmx > > > # /usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.6.0/bin/sparcv9/java -version > > Error occurred during initialization of VM > > java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object > > It'...

Good day to all, I have installed the j2se/netbeans binary bundle on red hat 9. I can run everything perfectly as root but when I try to compile with any other user I get: Error occurred during intialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object When I saw this it seemed like a permissions problem but I checked the permissions and everything seemed fine. All users have execute permissions of javac and java. I have read other threads dealing with the same or similar problem but have not reached any solution yet. I would appreciate if anyone that has run into this type o...

Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class java.lang.reflect.Method? Please reply with YES or NO.
Hi, Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class java.lang.reflect.Method? Please put YES or NO as the first word in your reply. Add comments after it if you wish. I'll make a YES/NO count after some time. Kind regards, Paka Paka Small wrote: > Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class > java.lang.reflect.Method? It's not subject to vote. It's defined by the language. You might as well ask, "Is 'int' a primitive or a reference type?". Your vote will not change reality. > Please put YES or NO as the first word in your reply. Add c...

EJBException, causedBy: javax.ejb.FinderException: Find failed: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
EJBException, causedBy:javax.ejb.FinderException: Find failed: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist I get this error when I try to access (read) the table through an entity bean (CMP). I am using Jboss 3.2.2 and CMP 2.x and xdoclet tags to generate the code. When I check the jbosscmp-jdbc.xml, I am not seeing "<table-name>" tag. But I have @ejb.persistence table-name="GROUP_NAME" @jboss.persistence table-name="GROUP_NAME" as tags defined in the code. Please help! Thanks in advance! psamuel psamuel schrieb:...

Web resources about - java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00020: maximum number of processes (100) exceeded - comp.lang.java