disable ActiveX warning

I have an HTML file containing some JScript that creates a
"WScript.Shell" ActiveX object.  When it loads, Internet Explorer
says:

    "An ActiveX control on this page might be unsafe
    to interact with other parts of the page.  Do you
    want to allow this interaction?"

I would like to suppress this message, but even when I set all
ActiveX-related security settings to "Enable", it still appears.

I also tried to add this file to the Trusted Sites zone.  When I
clicked Add, it said, "You have entered an invalid wildcard sequence."
(I did not use any wildcards.)

I'm using IE 6 on Windows XP (without SP2).  The file in question
resides on the local hard drive.

How can I get rid of the message?

Thanks in advance,
Steve
0
Steven
4/18/2005 10:30:36 PM
comp.lang.javascript 38370 articles. 0 followers. javascript4 (1315) is leader. Post Follow

Steven Kobes wrote:

> I'm using IE 6 on Windows XP (without SP2).  The file in question
> resides on the local hard drive.
>
> How can I get rid of the message?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/hta/overview/htaoverview.asp

ciao, dhgm
0
Dietmar
4/19/2005 12:02:36 AM
Also, here is an article that gives a general overview of this behaviour and
a few things you can do:

http://www.phdcc.com/xpsp2.htm

"Steven Kobes" <stevenkobes@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have an HTML file containing some JScript that creates a
> "WScript.Shell" ActiveX object.  When it loads, Internet Explorer
> says:
>
>    "An ActiveX control on this page might be unsafe
>    to interact with other parts of the page.  Do you
>    want to allow this interaction?"
>
> I would like to suppress this message, but even when I set all
> ActiveX-related security settings to "Enable", it still appears.
>
> I also tried to add this file to the Trusted Sites zone.  When I
> clicked Add, it said, "You have entered an invalid wildcard sequence."
> (I did not use any wildcards.)
>
> I'm using IE 6 on Windows XP (without SP2).  The file in question
> resides on the local hard drive.
>
> How can I get rid of the message?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Steve