disable minimize button in pop up window

Hi all,
I am using javascript to open a popup window. Is there any way we can
disable the minimize button in this window? The maximize button is
disabled. I want the same for the minimize button.

Here is the javascript code that opens the window :

child = window.open('NewWindow.aspx',  null, 'width=850, height=450,
directories=no, menubar=no, resizable=no, scrollbars=no, status=no,
toolbar=no, directories=no');

don't bother about the query string parameters. Any help in this
matter will be greatly appreciated. Can u also send replies to my
hotmail address (prashantjoshi20@hotmail.com)

Thanks and regards,
Prashant
-1
9/5/2003 1:26:48 PM
comp.lang.javascript 38094 articles. 0 followers. javascript4 (1315) is leader. Post Follow

Prashant Joshi wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am using javascript to open a popup window. Is there any way we can
> disable the minimize button in this window? The maximize button is
> disabled. I want the same for the minimize button.
>
> Here is the javascript code that opens the window :
>
> child = window.open('NewWindow.aspx',  null, 'width=850, height=450,
> directories=no, menubar=no, resizable=no, scrollbars=no, status=no,
> toolbar=no, directories=no');
>
> don't bother about the query string parameters. Any help in this
> matter will be greatly appreciated. Can u also send replies to my
> hotmail address (prashantjoshi20@hotmail.com)
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Prashant

No, you have no control over the minimize button of a new window (unless
you're talking about Microsoft specific modal dialogs, in which case you
might, I don't use them enough to know one way or another). Quite
frankly, you can't be guaranteed anything about your call to
window.open() anyway, so trying to control what the user can do with a
window that you aren't even sure is the size you want, has the chrome you
want or is even open is rather pointless.

Also, the attributes parameter should be a comma-separated list of values
with no spaces. Some browsers will not give you the desired attributes if
you include spaces in the attributes string.

--
| Grant Wagner <gwagner@agricoreunited.com>

*

*

-1
Grant

[ANN] CodeWarrior Development Studio for Windows Version 9.4
The 9.4 update for CodeWarrior Development Studio for Windows Version 9 is a maintenance release of the CodeWarrior Development Studio for Windows tools. The 9.4 update includes bug fixes to the C/C++ compiler, MSL, and IDE. It also contains prior Version 9 updates to the C/C++ compiler, IDE, Debugger, MSL, and Windows Support. The release notes contain details for each of these changed components. Complete release notes can be downloaded from the update page. This update should only be applied to registered users of: CodeWarrior Development Studio for Windows Version 9...

=?windows-1256?B?4+be2iDh3crNIMfh4+bH3togx+HjzczmyOUg5g==?= =?windows-1256?B?x+Hj4+Tm2uUg5sfh49Td0eU=?=
4+be2iDh3crNIMfh4+bH3togx+HjzczmyOUg5sfh4+Pk5trlIObH4ePU3dHlCgpodHRwOi8vbmF0 aWdhYXM3YWIubmV0L3dwLz9wPTE0NTU2 ...

Good News Mr 142.179.22.210 flood microsoft.public.kr.windows.server.general
Cox and Telus will not act unless they have a police file number so you may as well flood microsoft.public.kr.windows.server.general my home Usenet group. have a nice day.Me I am nearing about TrueCrype -- They are providing in relation to the monument now, won't obscure defaults later. -- Michael Yardley ...

How to disable preview?
10.2 allowed me to turn off the Finder column view preview, how might I do this in 10.3? -- Gnarlie In article <cee5d8f67040726c864b343ee1442539@news.teranews.com>, Gnarlodious <gnarlodiousNULL@VOID.invalid.yahoo.com> wrote: > 10.2 allowed me to turn off the Finder column view preview, how might I do > this in 10.3? Put a window in preview mode. Press command-J. It's there in the window. Although the View Options window for column view doesn't have a This-window-only/all-windows selector, it is global to all windows. -- Never play strip tarot. Gnarlodiou...

[News] [Rival] Serious Flaw Found in Windows Live ID
Microsoft Flaw Opened Door to Scammers, Analysts Say ,----[ Quote ] | It's unclear how long the flaw may have existed or how many accounts | with deceptive instant-messenger IDs could have been created. Duindam | said a fake ID he created was still active on Tuesday morning. `---- http://www.cio.com/article/120100/Microsoft_Flaw_Opened_Door_to_Scammers_Analysts_Say "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote in message news:3215641.ez1cgSPuVq@schestowitz.com... > Microsoft Flaw Opened Door to Scammers, Analysts Say > > ,----[ Quote ] > | It's...

Re: Re: Help, BIND9 initialization error on Windows 2000! #5
joe wrote: >Can you post your options settings from the named.conf. When >have installed BIND 9 in the past on either win2k or win2k03 >servers it was the path in the named.conf that was messing >up the star up for named. >Also post here what you get when you run named -g... i don't think the settings of named.conf is a problem, becuase named.exe had no chance to read named.conf before failed in my case. in fact i made a test moving named.conf away on my running machine, starting BIND would led to "named.conf not found" and "loading configurati...

Using pscp from a Windows service
I've been trying to get the pscp client (from putty) to work while being called by a Windows service, but I'm having problems. For background, we have a web authoring environment on a Windows 2000 server which used to deploy via FTP to the website; in our new environment, we want to use SSH for deployment and I've written (and tested) a batch script to handle the pscp commands to deploy the site. However, when running this from the service, I get the "server's host key is not cached in the registry" error as the service runs as "local system" (previous tes...

Configuring (seeing) Orinoco card in Windows 2000
You're absolutely right: It isn't easy to configure this card with Windows 2000 There aren't any drivers on the Lucent site and not much on the agere site: What there are on the Procom site don't work and when one downloads agere or procom drivers from driverguide, (either a 5.25 meg file or a less than one meg file with no distinctions as to which does what) they don't install. And Procom seems to have a (possibly?) newer driver which doesn't work either. If you plug the card in either before or after inserting the card, the light goes on, the card lights up but th...

disable "disable dynamic updating?"?
How do I tell Mathematica to stop asking me if I want to "Disable Dynamic Updating"? It's really getting on my nerves. On Dec 13, 12:26 am, "dabro...@indiana.edu" <dabro...@indiana.edu> wrote: > How do I tell Mathematica to stop asking me if I want to "Disable > Dynamic Updating"? It's really getting on my nerves. As is stated in the dialog you mention, edit the values of the TrustedPath and/or UntrustedPath options in the Preferences dialog. Though before doing so, please take a moment to consider the security implications. ...

Re: Moving about the window
zzapper wrote > VIM is full of really simple features often neglected > > H (High) Move to top of window M Middle L (Low) Bottom > > check what 4H, 3L does > > z. Move cursor and current line to Middle of Screen In addition to these, Vile has zm Synomym for 'z.'. z+ (or 'zt' or 'zh') Move cursor and current line to top of screen. z- (or 'zb' or 'zl') Move cursor and current line to bottom of screen. ...

matlab minimizing problem
I am trying to fit a g and h distribution to my data for some oprisk modeling.I am having a problem with the fminsearch/fmincon.Both get stuck with the guess values and return the same as results for large data.They work only for minor data which is quite the opposite of what i require.Please tell me what i should use (fmincon/search or somethin else) to avoid getting stuck at the guess values sriregu wrote: > > > I am trying to fit a g and h distribution to my data for some > oprisk > modeling.I am having a problem with the fminsearch/fmincon.Both get > stuck with the guess...

MS Windows specific libraries -- are there any?
Hi, I just finished looking through the tcl.tk website on the tcllib extensions and didn't see anything that would fit my bill. What I'm looking for is some tcl libs that will allow me to map shares in Windows without having to use: exec net use xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Does there exist a freely available library that will accomplish this for me? Thanks --------------------------------------------- Andrew R. Falanga (a non-HP employee) Hewlett-Packard Company 11311 Chinden Blvd. Boise, Idaho --------------------------------------------- Please note: The e-mail address is purposely mang...

Finding if Python Is Running In Console (python.exe) or Window (pythonw.exe)
Does anyone know how to find where python is running from. I cant find the answer to this anywahere on google or the docs. I know its there because Ive seen ti done before. Thanks. Chaos wrote: > Does anyone know how to find where python is running from. I cant find > the answer to this anywahere on google or the docs. I know its there > because Ive seen ti done before. Thanks. Hopefully It is still there. In module "sys" as "executable". Juergen ...

URGENT help needed to filter browse from button
Hi all, I'm doing a searchform with a number of fields and a listbox. In this form the user can fill out a number of fields (or not fill them). For example she can fill out two of 5 fields and press the button Search. I then construct a filter expression that I would like to apply to the listbox. The question is in wich embed point do I do this and wich methods to I call to reset the list with the new filter? -- Regards, Henrik Kartin Kartin Data Denmark Henrik, > I'm doing a searchform with a number of fields and a listbox. In this form > the user can fill out a num...

interrupt disabling question
Pardon me for being paranoid and uncertain. move #$4000,intena+custom # disable interrupts inst1 inst2 move #$c000,intena+custom # enable interrupts Is it possible that a maskable interrupt happens between inst1 and inst2? On 68000 I would be fairly confident to say 'no'. But how is it on 68060? As a paranoid person I might put a few 'nops' after disabling interrupts. This is not a practical problem for me since I'm coding for UAE, and I know how UAE operates. Just curious. -- Heikki Orsila There has yet to be any innovation, new heikki.orsila@e...

Newbie: Windows to OSX conversion
I am on the brink of making the switch from Windows to OSX. I have a few nagging questions that I need answered before I become a convert Can I add on 3rd party stuff like: - memory - hard drive - burners - multi-button scroll mouse - keyboard Do they just work? Do the 3rd party vendors have to supply Mac drivers or does apple do it? - is it easy to compile and run UNIX stuff, bash shell, and X stuff? I need apache, mysql, tomcat, etc... Are there any *nix/Linux apps that DON'T compile? What is actually involved in getting a bash shell to pop-up? - Can I move my home directory to ...

Disabling Buttons?
How can I disable a button once it has been clicked? I want to prevent the user from clicking on it twice if they have a slow connection. Thanks... Ralph Freshour wrote: > How can I disable a button once it has been clicked? I want to prevent > the user from clicking on it twice if they have a slow connection. > > Thanks... <input type="button" value="Please click me" class="button" onclick="return singleClick(this, 'Please wait...');" /> <script type="text/javascript"> function singleClick(b, s) { // m...

Mac 2 Button mouse poll article
http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/main_news.cfm?NewsID=6359 I find it strange that Apple still ships a one button mouse when the majority of users want 2. In article <BaHrb.12542$jy.5643@clgrps13>, "Martik" <martik@telus.net> wrote: > http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/main_news.cfm?NewsID=6359 > > I find it strange that Apple still ships a one button mouse when the > majority of users want 2. Steve is in charge of user interface testing and dveleopment. He reduced Apple's expenditures in that area by firing everybody. Now they sort of build stuff that ...

Disable "Press any key to continue..."
Hello group! I'm trying to find a way to disable the message "Press any key to continue..." in a Universe NT system. The messsage is displayed in a BASIC program. I have tried CRT @(0) in various places in the program, but no luck. I can't use NOPAGE becasue it is not a LIST or SORT. Here is a sample of the program HEADER := \PART NUMBER DESCRIPTION'L'\ HEADER := \--------------------------------- -- ----------\ HEADING HEADER **** Here is BASIC commands with CRT functions. The TERM command controls the page break and the heading. *** I'm l...

Close Button
Hi folks. J have a little problem: I build a small java editor. I have the menubar. I would like to have a close button (x) on the most right place of the menubar. Is there a way to do this painless...? On 2-8-2004 16:12, jacov wrote: > Hi folks. J have a little problem: > I build a small java editor. I have the menubar. I would like to have a > close button (x) on the most right place of the menubar. > Is there a way to do this painless...? > > javax.swing.Box.createGlue() will create a "greedy" component: when it is added to a container it takes all remain...

LabVIEW 8 & Windows XP Embedded?
We have a system running XP Embedded and I would like to run a compiled LV8 application on it.&nbsp; It requires one of the DAQCards (1200) to gather data.&nbsp; I guess I'm just not sure how this will all fit on the system.&nbsp; Traditional NI-DAQ 7.4.1 is a 386MB zip file.&nbsp; The LV8 Run-Time install is 85.4MB, although there is a 24MB reduced functionality download.&nbsp; Is there anyway of reducing the size of these installs?&nbsp; I don't need to support every single card NI makes - just the card for my system.&nbsp; Any ideas from those that have d...

4.1.4 sed for windows auto-strips CR
My lab uses a program that requires text files to be read in the dos carriage return format (CRLF). When using sed 4.1.4 under windows, when I perform a global find and replace such as: sed -i "s/hello there/hi there/g" <file> The resultant file returns with just LF after each line. I couldn't find any options to adjust this anywhere in sed. I've resorted to using unix2dos as a fix, but was wondering why sed would strip the CR when I never specified it to (other than that UNIX only needs LF, and therefore the CR should be stripped auto). Sorry if this is in the wr...

Disabling password
My old computer has been passed along to my wife. When I had it, I put in a password on my account. I want to take that off (while retaining the Admin password). I did system pref->security and unchecked require password. Yet it is still asking for it. Did I miss something? Kurt -- America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."-- Claire Wolfe In article <h-udnRkEKuD70xzNnZ2dnUVZ_rqXnZ2d@earthlink.com>, Kurt Ullman <kurtullman@yahoo.com> wrote: > My old computer has been passed alo...

disable index without asterisks in \section commands
Hi, does anyone know whether there's any way to avoid \section (\subsection and so on) appearing in the document index ? I rather don't use \section*{} because I'm referencing documents that I use in other places and I need it to have the section numbering. What I'd like is that if I have a file a.tex: % a.tex ------------------ \section{My Section} % 1. \subsection{My Subsection} % 1.1 ... % ------------------------ I'd like to use it in b.tex without interfering the index % b.tex ------------------ \makeindex .... \input{a} % ------...

More than 2 Gamepads under Windows XP
Hello list, I am working on an application that uses gamepad input for behavioural experiments (WinXP, wx 2.6.2). We use 3 identical USB gamepads attached directly to the computer (i.e. no hub). If I have not misread the documentation, we should be able to use 16 gamepads, so 3 should not cause a problem. The gamepads are detected alright, but the 3rd gamepad cannot be captured. I eventually added some debugging output to joystick.cpp. When trying to set the capture target of the 3rd gamepad, windows returns MMSYSERR_NODRIVER -- which seems odd to me, as the first 2 (ide...