disable minimize button in pop up window

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi all,
I am using javascript to open a popup window. Is there any way we can
disable the minimize button in this window? The maximize button is
disabled. I want the same for the minimize button.

Here is the javascript code that opens the window :

child = window.open('NewWindow.aspx',  null, 'width=850, height=450,
directories=no, menubar=no, resizable=no, scrollbars=no, status=no,
toolbar=no, directories=no');

don't bother about the query string parameters. Any help in this
matter will be greatly appreciated. Can u also send replies to my
hotmail address (prashantjoshi20@hotmail.com)

Thanks and regards,
Prashant
-1
Reply prashantjoshi20 (2) 9/5/2003 1:26:48 PM

See related articles to this posting

Prashant Joshi wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am using javascript to open a popup window. Is there any way we can
> disable the minimize button in this window? The maximize button is
> disabled. I want the same for the minimize button.
>
> Here is the javascript code that opens the window :
>
> child = window.open('NewWindow.aspx',  null, 'width=850, height=450,
> directories=no, menubar=no, resizable=no, scrollbars=no, status=no,
> toolbar=no, directories=no');
>
> don't bother about the query string parameters. Any help in this
> matter will be greatly appreciated. Can u also send replies to my
> hotmail address (prashantjoshi20@hotmail.com)
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Prashant

No, you have no control over the minimize button of a new window (unless
you're talking about Microsoft specific modal dialogs, in which case you
might, I don't use them enough to know one way or another). Quite
frankly, you can't be guaranteed anything about your call to
window.open() anyway, so trying to control what the user can do with a
window that you aren't even sure is the size you want, has the chrome you
want or is even open is rather pointless.

Also, the attributes parameter should be a comma-separated list of values
with no spaces. Some browsers will not give you the desired attributes if
you include spaces in the attributes string.

--
| Grant Wagner <gwagner@agricoreunited.com>

*

*

-1
Reply Grant 9/5/2003 2:41:25 PM
comp.lang.javascript 37848 articles. 16 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

How to disable minimize button of figure window?
Hello: I want to disable all windows operation buttons, such as minimize, resize and close. I used the following commands to control resize and close, but I don't know how to disable minimize button. hfig = figure( 'WindowStyle','modal',... 'Resize', 'off'.. 'CloseRequestFcn', []); thank you -Daniel ...

Disabling minimize button on Document Window
Hi, I would just like to ask if it would be possible to disable the minimize button on a LDialogBox ? I need to disable it so that it would function as a messagebox with the Close button as the only way to dismiss the message.... In article <f36ec00d3b377f3a09f738e05f17005b@localhost.talkaboutmac.com>, "AVT" <aivy@mail.com> wrote: >Hi, I would just like to ask if it would be possible to disable the >minimize button on a LDialogBox ? I need to disable it so that it would >function as a messagebox with the Close button as the only way to dismiss &g...

in wxPython, how to minimize the window in absence of minimize button?
Hello All, I now have a wx.NO_BORDER frame that I have written dragging code for... I like my window this way as it looks sleeker and I am now installing some image buttons. Now I would like to create a new minimize button from an image, and then capture that mouse down and cause it to minimize the window... I can make buttons all day long, despite all of my googling I still cannot figure out what method I should call with my minimize button... Please help thank you, -Erik Damn, I am dumb... self.Iconize( True ) Sorry. But a helpful tip is that the demo code *surrounding* the wxPytho...

Un-minimizing frame or disabling minimize button in 1.1
Hello, Our applet needs to support Java 1.1. We currently have multiple frames in our app that the user can close/hide. Based on an event in the app we currently need to show the frame if it is hidden and bring it to the front. This is easily done with toFront() and show(). The problem is that if the user minimizes the window first, then show() and toFront() will not restore the window and the user will not see it. I need some way around this, and we are limited in 1.1 with what can be done, so I am looking for a way to do any of the following: 1. Disable the minimize button 2. Ability to un-...

How To Remove Maximize/Minimize Button from Window Manager on My Main Window
I need to disallow the user from resizing my main window using the Maximize/Minimize button in the window manager's title bar. Is there any way for me to tell the window manager via a hint or something to not display this capability in the title bar? Or, at least for my program to handle ignoring it via a callback? Thank you for your help ! Julie "julie" <jrsugar@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1164895366.675295.271460@80g2000cwy.googlegroups.com... >I need to disallow the user from resizing my main window using the > Maximize/Minimize button in...

How do I disable the minimize button
Hi! I would like to ask help from you regarding window manipulation.. I would like to disable the minimize button of the window of my program so that it stays on top of the screen no matter what. How do I do this? Also I would like that my window can't be dragged anywhere but stays where it orginally pops out.. Thanks! Mitzi * mitzikaren@gmail.com | I would like to disable the minimize button of the window of my | program so that it stays on top of the screen no matter what. How do | I do this? Also I would like that my window can't be dragged | anywhere but stays where it orginall...

disabling minimize button of a figure?
Hi all, Would anyone tell me how to disable the minimize button of a figure in GUI? Thanks On Oct 28, 4:58 pm, VijaKhara <VijaKh...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > Would anyone tell me how to disable the minimize button of a figure in > GUI? > > Thanks Hi, I'd recently contacted TMW tech support with the same question. This was their response: "The minimize button at the top right hand side of the toolbar is inherited from the operating system, and therefore can not be disabled in MATLAB. Hence it is not possible to prevent the figure from being minimized...

Disable GUI Minimize Button
I have programmed a GUI. I know how to disable to maximize/restore button, but I would also like to disable the minimize button on the GUI window. Is this possible to do? If so, how? Thanks. ...

How to add minimize button to all windows...
C55, Clarion (Legacy) I know I have to have an icon specified for a window in order to get the minimize button. I have a Clarion (Legacy) app with lots of windows - is there a global template somewhere to stick an icon on every window for me? Thanks, Rocky Rocky I dont know of a template, but what about doing the following Add an icon to 1 window Look at the window code for that window so you can see where the icon was added Export to a TXA Edit the txa to add the icon Import the TXA Would that work? I never tried it, just thought of it -- Eric Jacobowitz Castle Computer Technologi...

JFrame, disabling the minimize and maximize buttons
hi guys, a student asks if is it possible to create java windows (no pun intended) without the minimize and maximize buttons. so in effect, creating a window with just the "X" button. creating such windows is easily done in VB. i cant remember what property i have to set in VB but im sure its possible. im not sure if its also possible for java. help please! Hi, You may want to use a JDialog instead of the JFrame. (JDialog displays only the "close" button). Regards, Arnaud "leggolas" <leggolas@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message news: 1111406337.93...

Disabled Close Button in the Window Title ...
Hello, I built a starpack on my computer (MS Windows XP SP2) with tcl 8.5a3 and gave it to my colleagues to test it. Most of my colleagues have no problem, but one, who reported that the close button on the right side of the title bar of the root widget is disabled. He reported this behaviour to be found on his workstation and on his notebook. Am I able to controll this close button, or is this caused by tcl? Or do I have to look for some "external" software manipulating the tilte bar? Has anyone a suggestion? Best regards, Martin Lemburg UGS - Transforming the Process of Inno...

overriding the minimize button of the browser window
Hi all, There is a small problem. I open a new window (using window.open()) function of Java script when the user clicks on a button. Now i have put resizable=no in the options, so the maximise button is disabled. I also wanted the minimize button to be disabled, however, this does not seem to be possible. So, i now want to at least override the minimize button, if i can't disable it. i think the onResize event can do it, however, i'm not sure about how to do it. Any tips on the onResize event? any help will be greatly appreciated. also, do i have to give it like this : document.onresi...

Winclicker is not clicking the button on pop-up window.
Hi, I have to create an script where i have to open an page in IE7. Once page is opened, i have to click the "Delete" button. As soon as i press the "Delete" button, an Windows Internet explorer window [small window] pop up with options "Ok" and "Cancel". But using watir code im not able to click "Ok" button. I have tried writing code like this -- def jsAlert(button, waitTime = 3) w = WinClicker.new longName = $ie.dir.gsub("/" , "\\" ) shortName = w.getShortFileName(longName) c = "start ruby #{shortName}\\watir\\c...

How to remove minimize/maximize buttons in window?
I want to remove the minimize and maximize buttons in my "About Box"-window (for my GUI) and just leave the exit button. Tcl/tk is new for me so if anyone knows I would be really happy. Anders Johannesson You can use wm overrideredirect . 1 But that OS-provided [X] exit button will disappear too. The entire caption bar will disappear. You will have to build your own Exit button on another spot of the GUI. -- Luciano ES <lucianoav@ggmmxx.nneett> Santos, SP - Brasil <-quote-> ************************************************** Anders Johannesson wrote on 22 jul 2003:...

How do I disable the Windows Close Button in a GUI?
I have a GUI that uses three separate windows; a main window and two auxiliary windows. When the aux windows are not being used, they are still open, but set to invisible. I am trying to make it impossible for the user to close the window using the Windows red "X" Close button in the top right of the Window. If the user clicks on the Close button the window can never be opened again as data is lost. I would like to either: 1) Disable the Close button to force the user to press a Close button I have created which just makes the window invisible, or 2) Program the close button ...

Want a minimize/maximize button on window?
I find that creating a window as follows does not create a maximize or a minimize button: hwnd = CreateWindowEx( 0, WC_DIALOG, "Example", WS_OVERLAPPED | WS_VISIBLE, CW_USEDEFAULT, CW_USEDEFAULT, 800,550, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL); How do I create a window with a) one of the buttons or b) with both buttons? --deostroll On Oct 3, 8:11 am, deostroll <deostr...@gmail.com> wrote: > I find that creating a window as follows does not create a maximize or > a minimi...

Disabling the close button on a console window
I've pretty much given up on convincing windows my program hasn't stopped responding if it doesn't immediatly. If no one knows how to prevent this, then maybe someone knows how to keep a console from being closable at all? On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 23:07:01 GMT, "Xzyx987X" <Xzyx987X@mn.rr.com> wrote: >I've pretty much given up on convincing windows my program hasn't stopped >responding if it doesn't immediatly. If no one knows how to prevent this, >then maybe someone knows how to keep a console from being closable at all? > Once yo...

How do I disable the windows maximize, minimize and close icons?
This may seem odd but it is really quite practical for our problem. &nbsp; I want to be able to launch my LabView application automatically when the computer&nbsp;is switched on, maximize the window and then not allow the window to be minimized or closed (except perhaps under password control). The reason for this (which may help you understand the problem) is that the software is to be used in an environment where the computer needs to be protected from being mis-used. Essentially I want the computer to become a terminal for using the one application ONLY (unless say a password is gi...

I found a sollution to disable minimize and maximize buttons
Dear all, I believe many people have this problem. I wanted to disable the minimize and maximize buttons in my popup window. It is impossible, I know, but I found something else... Using showModalDialog. It is THE sollution!! Take a look at this link. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/methods/showmodaldialog.asp There's a demo and a nice description. Godfried van Loo The Netherlands In article <ef7d6766.0312050311.31f72524@posting.google.com>, tochmaarniet@hotmail.com enlightened us with... > I believe many people have t...

Access 2000 Disable Close and Minimize Buttons
Hi Everybody On Report Preview Does anyone know of a way to disable the Minimum, Maximum and Close buttons, so that the user cannot close by any other means that the Toolbar button that I have supplied. This is easy enough on Access 2000 FORMS in Properties>>Format etc, but this is not available on a REPORT. I am trying get the users to close the report USING the Toolbar button that I have supplied Regards Bob Hi, maybe this link will be usefull for you. http://www.mvp-access.com/accessvbafaq/item.asp?pagina=71 there is a function called ActivateControlBox that deactivates/a...

Windows without minimize, resize and close buttons
Hi All, Is it possible to create windows in VW smalltalk without minimize, resize and close buttons? Any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks and regards, Suresh. Look at windowType: typeName and openWithExtent: extent andType: aType Suresh Kumar wrote: > Hi All, > > Is it possible to create windows in VW smalltalk without minimize, resize > and close buttons? > > Any suggestions will be helpful. > > Thanks and regards, > > Suresh. ...

RP3 disable one or more buttons of the preview window
Can I disable one or more buttons of the preview window? in particular export and print. Thanks Danilo Danilo, 1) Create a new class: CLASS MyPreviewDlg INHERIT rpPrintPreviewDlg 2) Create a show method for this class: METHOD show() CLASS MyPreviewDlg SELF:oCCPrintBtn:hide() SELF:oCCExportBtn:hide() 3) use this class as the 8th parameter: oReport:PrintPreview(cJob,cPrint2File,cCaption,cMessage,TRUE,SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED,ZOOM_100,#MyPreviewDlg) Camille Danilo Giuliani wrote: > Can I disable one or more buttons of the preview window? > in particular e...

disable print button in reportpro preview window
Hi, I want to disable the 'Print' function in ReportPro print preview mode. I am using VO2.6 with ReportPro 2.11. Danny Wong Hi Danny, On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, at 13:07:12 [GMT +0800] (which was 6:07 where I live) you wrote about: 'disable print button in reportpro preview window' > I want to disable the 'Print' function in ReportPro print preview > mode. I am using VO2.6 with ReportPro 2.11. Subclass the RpPrintPreviewDlg or rpPrintPreviewMDI class For RpPrintPreviewDlg disable the button oCCPrintBtn in your init method...

Disable close button in management window.(KDE- pyQT)
Hi,,, Is possible disable the close button in KDE management window? Using python+qt? thanks Gabriel - BR wrote: > Hi,,, > Is possible disable the close button in KDE management window? Using > python+qt? Can you say exactly which window you're talking about? The "Control Center" or something else? David HI, I am talking about the close button "X", that appears when I execute my application (pyQt), in kde. Thanks.. David Boddie escreveu: > Gabriel - BR wrote: > > Hi,,, > > Is possible disable the close button in KDE management window...