Filters reset to defaults in asp files (javascript)

Hi,

I have a bug on my website that I'm trying to fix.  I have filters
(drop down menus and click-calendar date range) that narrow down
searches on my website by pulling out the information from the
database.  Problem is as follows:

1)  I select my filters, the database choices are narrowed.
2)  I get multiple pages (a filtered list from the database).
3)  I click to go to the second page.
4)  The filters reset to their defaults and I end up with the entire
database again.  I cannot view the second page (or any other page) of
the filtered list.  Only the first page.

I am working on ASP files, Javascript and some html.  Any suggestions
on how I can fix this?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

TV
0
tyv
2/27/2008 7:08:44 PM
comp.lang.javascript 38350 articles. 0 followers. javascript4 (1315) is leader. Post Follow

On Feb 27, 1:08=A0pm, tyv <vyts...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a bug on my website that I'm trying to fix. =A0I have filters
> (drop down menus and click-calendar date range) that narrow down
> searches on my website by pulling out the information from the
> database. =A0Problem is as follows:
>
> 1) =A0I select my filters, the database choices are narrowed.
> 2) =A0I get multiple pages (a filtered list from the database).
> 3) =A0I click to go to the second page.
> 4) =A0The filters reset to their defaults and I end up with the entire
> database again. =A0I cannot view the second page (or any other page) of
> the filtered list. =A0Only the first page.
>
> I am working on ASP files, Javascript and some html. =A0Any suggestions
> on how I can fix this?
>
> Thanks for any help you can offer!
>
> TV

This is going to be a DB and ASP problem. The link for the second page
should actually cause the DB to be queried again, except it will have
params in the URL that the ASP code on the 2nd page will use to
construct a different SQL query.
0
Doug
2/27/2008 8:38:02 PM
On Feb 27, 2:38=A0pm, Doug Gunnoe <douggun...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is going to be a DB and ASP problem. The link for the second page
> should actually cause the DB to be queried again, except it will have
> params in the URL that the ASP code on the 2nd page will use to
> construct a different SQL query.- Hide quoted text -

And it wouldn't actually be a '2nd' page exactly. Most likely the same
"page", but you know...

At any rate I doubt this would be a javascript problem.

Good Luck.
0
Doug

Disadvantage of including JavaScript files within a JavaScript file?
What's the possible disadvantage of including JavaScript files within a JavaScript file? Why I needed it? For the sake of easy management, perhaps? Any load speed disadvantage? Example below: document.write('<script type="text/javascript" src="'+libraryName+'">< \/script>'); vunet wrote: > What's the possible disadvantage of including JavaScript files within > a JavaScript file? Unreliability. > Why I needed it? For the sake of easy management, perhaps? I do not need it. I do not know know why you did. > Any load speed ...

Javascript of Google inside my javascript file
Good Morning, I would want to insert the javascript of google adsense in my site, here it is : <script type="text/javascript"><!-- google_ad_client = "pub-4902392511135327"; google_ad_width = 728; google_ad_height = 90; google_ad_format = "728x90_as"; google_ad_channel =""; //--></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js"> </script> the problem is that I want to insert it inside a javascript file I already use in a way that I've not to in...

javascript within a javascript
Hello, I have a multi-frame page. The frames are named Frame_1, Frame_2 and Frame_3. Frame_1 has a drop down box. When a value is selected in this drop down box, Frame_2 is updated using an asp file (as I have to read from a back-end access database). In turn in the asp file, I have a Body onload tag to execute a javascript function within Frame_2. this function updates the contents of Frame_3. Till now this is working fine. Here is the problem. Frame_3 has a form with a radio button. When a radio button is selected, I want that a function be executed in Frame_3. However since conte...

Javascript -> Applet: variable reset after method call from javascript?!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C68E27.C5661C30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi all, I 've got this strange (?) problem. I call a method from javascript, = setting a private member variable USERENTERED. Within the method, = everything goes fine, if I print the variable it has changed. However, = as soon as I use the variable in another method, it has changed back to = its initial value (which is -1 in my case).=20 I don't see what I'm doing wrong, the variable is no...

upload a file with ASP code and Javascript only
Hello, I'm using the GoAhead embedded Webserver (http://webserver.goahead.com/webserver/webserver.htm) which can use only ASP and a set of javascript instructions. I'm trying to make an upload of a file from the client computer to the embedded server and to store it in the memory of the server. All the ASP upload scripts I've found use vbscript functions but this is not possible with the GoAhead Webserver. Does anyone have an upload script which use only javascript ? thanks fred4534. My experience is limited, but in all my searching on this issue, I do not think it can be done...

How to modify a javascript .js file from ASP
Hello everybody, I have this problem: I have a file javascript xxx.js that I include in my asp page as <SCRIPT SRC="scripts/xxx.js"> It's possible to modify content of xxx.js at runtime... I need to create row depending on how read from Db so I try to insert vbscript block <% %> in my xxx.js file but i have always error. Someone could help me? Thanks in advance Luca Luca Giannoni wrote: > I need to create row depending on how read from Db so I try to insert > vbscript block <% %> in my xxx.js file but i have always error. You have to configure yo...

Javascript source files are acting strange with asp
I have two applications that I wrote that use asp and javascript source files. Recently both of these applications starting acting strange on my test box. Image icons will randomly stop showing up and any javascript that I use a src file with <script language="javascript" src="mytest.js"></script> ) returns random errors. Javascript on the page itself works fine. If I click f5 multiple times I will get different results. I am thinking that this may be a problem with IIS. The applications work flawlessly on my live web server. They just don't seem to ...

ANN: JavaScript-Obfuscator for MS ASP files (Beta)
Semantic Designs has extended its pure JavaScript obfuscator to also handle ASP files with either client or server-side JavaScript. A beta is available. See http://www.semdesigns.com/Products/Obfuscators/ECMAScriptObfuscator.html ...

JavaScript and ASP
My goal: Customer.aspx: Text Field: customernametxt Button: submitbtn and a Formview Control Result.aspx: Gridview I would like to submit the search and pass the value in customernametxt to the results page in a new pop up window. When the user selects the Customer, it will post back to customer.aspx populating the formview with the record set selected from Gridview. I can get this to work by omitting the pop up window. I understand passing querystring parameters between asp pages. What I am struggling with is I had to implement JavaScripts window.open function to create the popup window...

Javascript
I have a page written in ASP and I added some Javascript code to ensure the input boxes are filled with correct data. That check is performed every time the user moves out from a textbox. Now right before I submit the form to the server for processing, I want to make a final test on the values. <input type="submit" onClick="testResults(this.form)" value="Submit" > The problem here is that I make the check in the testResults function and popup an alert, but still the page goes in the server for processing. How to make it like when there is problem after cli...

Javascript in ASP
Hi. I have a problem with a little javascript to open up a pop-up window in my search results page. I get a debug pop-up every time the page loads, and I've gone over the code several times, and I can't figure out what's wrong. I'm a newbie, though, so that doesn't mean much. I'm doing a lot of work on the page now, so the code's kind of sloppy. But, if anyone could take a look at the link below and give a suggestion, I'd be a happy Hoosier. Thanks in advance, James http://www.jlhufford.com/search_results.asp?txtsearchParamTxt=h20&txtsearchP aramType=A...

dynamic load javascript from javascript
hi, from here: http://www.activewidgets.com/javascript.forum.6114.15/dynamic-load-javascript-from-javascript.html there is a method to load js from js, e.g. //--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- var script = document.createElement('script'); script.type = 'text/javascript'; script.src = 'snip.js'; document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(script); //--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- this method works great, but there is a bug(?) when using wit...

Javascript and IE? Javascript and C#?
While my question might be simple, the environment around it is terribly messy and so I will try to keep this clear and simple by only including the relevant code - however, as I will soon suggest, I worry that the problem isnt in what would seem to be the relevant code but instead is lost somewhere in the do-and-donts of the peripheral code. So at the end, i'll try to include all the affected code and you can see if any of its actually relevant. I know there is a lot going on... sorry, but I tried to write this clearly. So here is what I imagine to be relevant. I'm working with a pa...

include js file in the javascript file
Dear Everyone, Is there any way to include the .js file in the javascript file? Say I have a javascript file called "dosomething.js" I add the following line in the file, but i can't call anyfunction from myscript.js What's the problem? <script src="myscript.js" type="text/javascript" > function DoSomething() { alert( "Do Something!!!" ); myscriptFunction( ); } Shinya Koizumi Windows Tips http://www.smartestdesign.com ( underconstruction ) I want to put on my website www.srananodokalender.com with ...

Web resources about - Filters reset to defaults in asp files (javascript) - comp.lang.javascript

JavaScript - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
programming styles. JavaScript was formalized in the ECMAScript language standard and is primarily used in the form of client-side JavaScript ...

... editor - report abuse/spam - help the entire directory only in Tools/Obfuscators Description Top : Computers : Programming : Languages : JavaScript ...

JavaScript
The Facebook SDK for JavaScript provides a rich set of client-side functionality for adding Social Plugins, making API calls and implementing ...