Filters reset to defaults in asp files (javascript)

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi,

I have a bug on my website that I'm trying to fix.  I have filters
(drop down menus and click-calendar date range) that narrow down
searches on my website by pulling out the information from the
database.  Problem is as follows:

1)  I select my filters, the database choices are narrowed.
2)  I get multiple pages (a filtered list from the database).
3)  I click to go to the second page.
4)  The filters reset to their defaults and I end up with the entire
database again.  I cannot view the second page (or any other page) of
the filtered list.  Only the first page.

I am working on ASP files, Javascript and some html.  Any suggestions
on how I can fix this?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

TV
0
Reply tyv 2/27/2008 7:08:44 PM

See related articles to this posting

On Feb 27, 1:08=A0pm, tyv <vyts...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a bug on my website that I'm trying to fix. =A0I have filters
> (drop down menus and click-calendar date range) that narrow down
> searches on my website by pulling out the information from the
> database. =A0Problem is as follows:
>
> 1) =A0I select my filters, the database choices are narrowed.
> 2) =A0I get multiple pages (a filtered list from the database).
> 3) =A0I click to go to the second page.
> 4) =A0The filters reset to their defaults and I end up with the entire
> database again. =A0I cannot view the second page (or any other page) of
> the filtered list. =A0Only the first page.
>
> I am working on ASP files, Javascript and some html. =A0Any suggestions
> on how I can fix this?
>
> Thanks for any help you can offer!
>
> TV

This is going to be a DB and ASP problem. The link for the second page
should actually cause the DB to be queried again, except it will have
params in the URL that the ASP code on the 2nd page will use to
construct a different SQL query.
0
Reply Doug 2/27/2008 8:38:02 PM

On Feb 27, 2:38=A0pm, Doug Gunnoe <douggun...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is going to be a DB and ASP problem. The link for the second page
> should actually cause the DB to be queried again, except it will have
> params in the URL that the ASP code on the 2nd page will use to
> construct a different SQL query.- Hide quoted text -

And it wouldn't actually be a '2nd' page exactly. Most likely the same
"page", but you know...

At any rate I doubt this would be a javascript problem.

Good Luck.
0
Reply Doug 2/27/2008 8:50:27 PM
comp.lang.javascript 37746 articles. 15 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

All my setting have been reset to default and all my files..
All my settings have been reset to default and all my files are not being shown in the finder (mpg mp3 doc etc) but the harddrive space is still occupied with those files but they are just not showing up and for some reason my wallpaper has been set to default can someone help me? Thanks Joe -- Posted using the http://www.macforumz.com interface, at author's request Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards Topic URL: http://www.macforumz.com/General-Discussion-setting-reset-default-files-ftopict157140.html Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). ...

upload a file with ASP code and Javascript only
Hello, I'm using the GoAhead embedded Webserver (http://webserver.goahead.com/webserver/webserver.htm) which can use only ASP and a set of javascript instructions. I'm trying to make an upload of a file from the client computer to the embedded server and to store it in the memory of the server. All the ASP upload scripts I've found use vbscript functions but this is not possible with the GoAhead Webserver. Does anyone have an upload script which use only javascript ? thanks fred4534. My experience is limited, but in all my searching on this issue, I do not think it can be done...

How to modify a javascript .js file from ASP
Hello everybody, I have this problem: I have a file javascript xxx.js that I include in my asp page as <SCRIPT SRC="scripts/xxx.js"> It's possible to modify content of xxx.js at runtime... I need to create row depending on how read from Db so I try to insert vbscript block <% %> in my xxx.js file but i have always error. Someone could help me? Thanks in advance Luca Luca Giannoni wrote: > I need to create row depending on how read from Db so I try to insert > vbscript block <% %> in my xxx.js file but i have always error. You have to configure yo...

Default JAWS File Retrieval
ACE VERSION: 5.5.7 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: N/A. TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): N/A DESCRIPTION: I'm trying to expose an HTTP interface to an existing application (written in ACE). I thought JAWS would be a good project to utilize in order to do so...but I'm having trouble understanding how to extend/ customize JAWS. Compiling ACE_ROOT/apps/JAWS/server as it's packaged from the download gives me an HTTP server that attempts to return files that a client requests. From reading ...

How to remove JFileChooser default accept all file filter?
Accept all file filter is default for JFileChooser. I want to remove it. How to do it? Allen wrote: > Accept all file filter is default for JFileChooser. I want to remove > it. How to do it? Allen wrote: > Accept all file filter is default for JFileChooser. I want to remove > it. How to do it? You don't. You replace it. -- John W. Kennedy "The blind rulers of Logres Nourished the land on a fallacy of rational virtue." -- Charles Williams. "Taliessin through Logres: Prelude" John W. Kennedy wrote: > Allen wrote: > > Accept all file filter...

Javascript source files are acting strange with asp
I have two applications that I wrote that use asp and javascript source files. Recently both of these applications starting acting strange on my test box. Image icons will randomly stop showing up and any javascript that I use a src file with <script language="javascript" src="mytest.js"></script> ) returns random errors. Javascript on the page itself works fine. If I click f5 multiple times I will get different results. I am thinking that this may be a problem with IIS. The applications work flawlessly on my live web server. They just don't seem to ...

ANN: JavaScript-Obfuscator for MS ASP files (Beta)
Semantic Designs has extended its pure JavaScript obfuscator to also handle ASP files with either client or server-side JavaScript. A beta is available. See http://www.semdesigns.com/Products/Obfuscators/ECMAScriptObfuscator.html ...

ntp configuration file keeps resetting to installation default
I'm trying to setup ntpd for my network but am having numerous problems. For the moment, I have only one question for a single problem that has really annoyed me for over a week now. My /etc/ntp.conf keeps resetting to the default conf from the install, every time I boot the computer. The old ntp.conf gets moved to /etc/ntp.conf.sv and the default conf takes its place. Since the default conf is not suitable (no ntp sync servers listed) this will not do at all. I'm having to manually # cp /etc/ntp.conf.sv /etc/ntp.conf # /etc/init.d/ntpd start each time I boot the computer. He...

Antigen found FILE FILTER= File Filter List: *.zip file
Antigen for SMTP found lkovlgr.zip matching FILE FILTER= File Filter List: *.zip file filter. The file is currently Purged. The message, "Returned mail: Data format error", was sent from wx-users@lists.wxwindows.org and was discovered in SMTP Messages\Inbound And Outbound located at GDOT/GDOT-GOVM-SMTP2. --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwidgets.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwidgets.org ...

File Format of Filters File Filters.pce
Hi: Does anyone have, or know of a way to get the file format / rule set for the filters.pce file? I am trying to write a utility that would make managing the filters easier. Thanks, John ...

Disadvantage of including JavaScript files within a JavaScript file?
What's the possible disadvantage of including JavaScript files within a JavaScript file? Why I needed it? For the sake of easy management, perhaps? Any load speed disadvantage? Example below: document.write('<script type="text/javascript" src="'+libraryName+'">< \/script>'); vunet wrote: > What's the possible disadvantage of including JavaScript files within > a JavaScript file? Unreliability. > Why I needed it? For the sake of easy management, perhaps? I do not need it. I do not know know why you did. > Any load speed ...

Default font defaults to italics in ALL programs
Hello! Having a strange problem here. I searched previous posts, but found nothing. My Windows2000 computer - the default TYPING font has change to italics. In EVERY program (Word, IE forms, etc), when I type, it types in italics. What happened? How can I change this? Thanks! -Mike --- *If you want to email me directly: 1) Remove the 1st letter, so it starts with K 2) and switch the 2-digit number to number format. ("64") ----== Posted via Newsfeed.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 ...

include js file in the javascript file
Dear Everyone, Is there any way to include the .js file in the javascript file? Say I have a javascript file called "dosomething.js" I add the following line in the file, but i can't call anyfunction from myscript.js What's the problem? <script src="myscript.js" type="text/javascript" > function DoSomething() { alert( "Do Something!!!" ); myscriptFunction( ); } Shinya Koizumi Windows Tips http://www.smartestdesign.com ( underconstruction ) I want to put on my website www.srananodokalender.com with ...

Javascript of Google inside my javascript file
Good Morning, I would want to insert the javascript of google adsense in my site, here it is : <script type="text/javascript"><!-- google_ad_client = "pub-4902392511135327"; google_ad_width = 728; google_ad_height = 90; google_ad_format = "728x90_as"; google_ad_channel =""; //--></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js"> </script> the problem is that I want to insert it inside a javascript file I already use in a way that I've not to in...

tar --files-from= and filter files from folders
Hi, I want to tar a selection of folders and files from a debian server. To make it simple I want to use a list of file and foldernames using the parameters in the subject. However I need to distinguish between files and folders. Is this possible using tar's --files-from files list? Say I have: /usr/myfolder1 (from where I want to copy all files and subfolders) /usr/myfolder2 (from where I want to only copy all files starting with @00* but NO subfolders, if possible) /usr/myfolder3 (from where I want to copy all subfolders but NO files, if possible) Thanks for comments and...

Default File location for File Attachments
I am an ND6 users. I receive a Word document from a colleague. I decide to Edit the file. So I right click the file and choose Edit. Notes makes a temporary copy of the file in Documents and Settinngs\PhilipDay\LocalSettings\temp\Notes2CBB50 and then launches the file with whatever application is suitable. My questions is ... Can I set the location where the file is detached to? My users would prefer if it went to My Documents. They are used to that place. Thanks for reading On 5 Nov 2003 08:12:56 -0800, philip_a_day@hotmail.com (Philip) wrote: >I am an ND6 user...

Antigen found FILE FILTER= *.* file
Antigen for Exchange found application.pif matching FILE FILTER= *.* file filter. The file is currently Removed. The message, "Re: Details", was sent from pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org and was discovered in IMC Queues\Inbound located at Royal Group Technologies Limited/Royalgroup/MAILDEPOT. PRIVILEGED / CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby on notice that you are in possession of confidential and privileged i...

Filtering files in GetOpenFileName by file content
Is it possible to extend the GetOpenFileName dialog so that it will filter by file CONTENT as well as filename extension? For example, so that it will list *.AVI files, but only those containing DV data. Or is there another way to do this? Thanks I took a quick look at the documentation and it says to set lpfnHook and OFN_ENABLEINCLUDENOTIFY and respond to the CDN_INCLUDEITEM message. On 8 Dec 2003 04:06:10 -0800, cbdeja@my-deja.com (-) wrote: >Is it possible to extend the GetOpenFileName dialog so that it will >filter by file CONTENT as well as filename extension? ...

File Filters in Find File or Dired
Hello: How can I implement file masking in file visiting or Dired? In other words, what is the dired equivalent of ls *.py? TIA tim -- Tim Johnson <tim@johnsons-web.com> http://www.alaska-internet-solutions.com Tim Johnson <tim@johnsons-web.com> writes: > Hello: > How can I implement file masking in > file visiting or Dired? > > In other words, what is the dired equivalent > of ls *.py? C-x d ~/lisp/*.el RET seems to work for me. -- I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. On 2004-01-10, Ti...

default file name when saving a file PSPx
try as i might, i can't recall or find the correct place to do the following: i develop as many as 100 files daily and want to save them at the end of the work day as a ".gif" file. in the past (other versions of PSP), i could do this. but in PSPx, the help file isn't very helpful. can someone gently guide me how to do this? Thanks in advance for genuine help "ThomAla" <tjjay@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1131633535.673986.324710@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > try as i might, i can't recall or find the correct place to do the > following:...

Reading files inside zip files from Javascript
I have some xml files which are zipped. I want to read them using Ajax (Javascript). may anybody suggest some way to do so?? I otherway, Do http protocol support reading or getting files inside a zip file? Something like http://localhost/MySlideshow.odp{/Images/Thumbnail.png} ?? I want to get such files using Ajax. Do we have any possible solution at client side where we get one zip file and unzip using Javascript and read files ? "Narendra Sisodiya" <narendra.sisodiya@gmail.com> wrote in message news:17da918d-5026-4e5d-bad1-aafb7da01925@u1g2000pre.googlegrou...

JavaScript in .XML file vs .HTML file
I'm trying to understand the difference between using JavaScript in XML and XHTML. I have a valid XHTML file with a form and some JavaScript. If I save it as a .html file (this is under Windows), it all works fine, but if I save it as a .xml file, the script can no longer reference the form. In the code extract below, when run as xml in Mozilla throws an error on the line trying to access tf.fname.value saying "tf has no properties". Why is this? <script type="text/javascript"> function validate() { tf = document.taxform; // Check that required fiel...

Antigen found FILE FILTER= *.scr* file
Antigen for Exchange found Body of Message->C:\Documents and Settings\Jay Davis\My Documents\bots\crypt\post\Copy (31) of Neighbor Tanning Nude.scr matching FILE FILTER= *.scr* file filter. The file is currently Removed. The message, "Neighbor Tanning Nude 601", was sent from SAS(r) Discussion and was discovered in SMTP Messages\Inbound And Outbound located at CTBR-org/First Administrative Group/MAIL2. ...

wxMac help on File dialog and file filtering
------_=_NextPart_001_01C6AF35.B5A802E8 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello. =20 I have app running on wxMac, recently Mac OS was updated from 10.3.9 to 10.4.1. the problem I run into are: =20 1. when I open the app by double clicking the app icon, the menu for file open dialog is Disabled, but if I open the app from cmd line by ../MyApp.app/Content/MacOS/app_exe &, the menu For file open dialog is enabled. =20 2. I have file filtering strings as _T("OMSSA FILES...