HELP!! (VB.NET programmer trying to doe something useful with JavaScript)

Hello,

I have a JavaScript function to "jump" from one column to the next for
forms with large amounts of controls (code below).

The code does work, but it overrides the <Enter> key, which normally
submits the form.  How can I handle the keys while allowing the <Enter>
key to still work?

Thank you,

Eric

\\\
function JumpColumns() {

	// The <Ctrl> key was pressed.
	if (window.event.ctrlKey) {

		// '[' (left) was pressed.
		if (window.event.keyCode == 221) {

			// code to jump left

		// ']' (right) was pressed.
		} else if (window.event.keyCode == 219) {

			// code to jump right
		}
	}
}
///

Eric

In article <412bad0e$0$14427$c397aba@news.newsgroups.ws>,
ericnlisa@hotmail.com enlightened us with...
> Hello,
>
> I have a JavaScript function to "jump" from one column to the next for
> forms with large amounts of controls (code below).
>
> The code does work, but it overrides the <Enter> key, which normally
> submits the form.  How can I handle the keys while allowing the <Enter>
> key to still work?

<snip>

Has this code been tested in a browser besides IE?
Is it meant to work in a browser besides IE?  ;)

Post fully testable code or a URL for more help.

~kaeli~
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball!
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace