How do I create a javascript subscription page

What I am trying to do is create a form that people can use to enter
their email address to sign up for a mailing list.  Once they enter
their email address, I want the script to open up a txt file that is
stored on the server and write the email adress to the bottom of the
txt file.  Then close and save the file.

Is this at all possible to do with client side script on any kind?

go to http://www.thetimelineband.com/emailform.html to see a same of
what the page would look like.  Currently, all this form does is email
the info to me and then I have to enter the persons email address
manually into the file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks gurus.

Phil
philmaz@optonline.net

0
philmaz (1)

On Mar 22, 8:28 pm, "philmaz" <phil...@optonline.net> wrote:
> What I am trying to do is create a form that people can use to enter
> their email address to sign up for a mailing list.  Once they enter
> their email address, I want the script to open up a txt file that is
> stored on the server and write the email adress to the bottom of the
> txt file.  Then close and save the file.
>
> Is this at all possible to do with client side script on any kind?
No, JavaScript can not write files on the server. You have to do this
with a server-side language like PHP.

> go tohttp://www.thetimelineband.com/emailform.htmlto see a same of
> what the page would look like.  Currently, all this form does is email
> the info to me and then I have to enter the persons email address
> manually into the file.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks gurus.
>
> Phil
> phil...@optonline.net

0
Benjamin

javascript within a javascript
Hello, I have a multi-frame page. The frames are named Frame_1, Frame_2 and Frame_3. Frame_1 has a drop down box. When a value is selected in this drop down box, Frame_2 is updated using an asp file (as I have to read from a back-end access database). In turn in the asp file, I have a Body onload tag to execute a javascript function within Frame_2. this function updates the contents of Frame_3. Till now this is working fine. Here is the problem. Frame_3 has a form with a radio button. When a radio button is selected, I want that a function be executed in Frame_3. However since conte...

JSP and Javascripts on same page (Passing values to JSP from Javascript)
Hello. I have a button on a form which goes to a function validate in javascript as shown below: <input type="button" name="<%= i%>" value="Edit" onclick="validate(this.name)"> The javascript: <script language="javascript"> var Action=""; function validate(Action){ var actstring = Action.toString(); ivalue = parseInt(actstring); return confirm('Ok for this action : '+ivalue+' ?'); //this is to test } </script> I am changing the ivalue to an integer which eventually will access an array b...

create a web page with javascript on fly
Hi, Is that posible to create a web page completely with javascript and open it without request to server? Please show a simple sample. Thanks in advance! Jack datactrl said: > >Hi, > >Is that posible to create a web page completely with javascript and open it >without request to server? Please show a simple sample. Thanks in advance! Sure it is, but it has to be loaded from someplace, and it's also very simple to store a complete web page on the local disk. What, exactly, are you looking for? "datactrl" <quals@tpg.com.au> wrote in message news:4165f...

Access denied in javascript when try to see contents of page in javascript opened window
Hello I am trying to write some javascript that will open a new web-page in a new window and then be able to determine if the web-page that has been opened contains certain text. I am opening the new window with: newpage = window.open("http://www.somewebaddress.com/ index.html","newpage","width=400,height=200,left=400,top=300,resizable=1,status=1,scrollbars=1"); I am then trying to see if it contains certain text by using: if(newpage.document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0].innerHTML = = "text") alert("contains the text"); However...

Javascript used to create unique member pages?
I am trying to write a website that accepts paying members. Each member will have their own pages to create as they wish (similar to myspace). I know that as soon as the member has signed up, I will need to have in my program something that gives them a member # that is unique. I need the site to pull their individual member #'s to create their blank pages for them to re-create. I want the pages that the member creates to be accessible by anyone with the URL address, but the pages where the member does the creation to only be accessible by the member. Is it javascript that is used to c...

JavaScript and AngularJs :how to set path or creating dynamic folder/directory to store uploaded images in javascript
hello guys, Novice in Jscrip, am trying to store uploaded image files in my any of local drive, plus it should be lied in dynamically created folder. like: parentFolder-->childFolder-->img.jepg/png Ex: UserUploads-->Customer!-->img.jpeg/png. if i run below code, its just show uploaded image name next to choose file icon, if i click upload button, it has shows me directories dynamically..!!! could any tell me what's wrong here, hope anyone of you people help me complete this code.. thanks in advance. <!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head>...

Web-page that *BOTH* changes current page + displays a Pop-up page from JavaScript
I'm having trouble accomplishing the subject task in an HTML JavaScript. When I initially spec'd the function, I envisioned JavaScript source with the following flow: 1) Create pop-up window via popupWindow = window.open(...) 2) Change current page via window.location.replace(URL) 3) Change focus to put pop-up window back on top via popupWindow.focus () I did not anticipate that my JavaScript would terminate upon the completion of the method in #2 above. As a result, I have created a pop-down window, hidden behind the new page. Is there a methodology I can use to ...

Web-page that *BOTH* changes current page + displays a Pop-up page from JavaScript
I'm having trouble accomplishing the subject task in an HTML JavaScript. When I initially spec'd the function, I envisioned JavaScript source with the following flow: 1) Create pop-up window via popupWindow = window.open(...) 2) Change current page via window.location.replace(URL) 3) Change focus to put pop-up window back on top via popupWindow.focus () I did not anticipate that my JavaScript would terminate upon the completion of the method in #2 above. As a result, I have created a pop-down window, hidden behind the new page. Is there a methodology I can use to accomplish the ...

Is javascript useful for creating powerpoint like presentation of html pages
I am accumulating over 80 pages per day into an archive that I will need to be able to present sequentially to viewers. Using html to viewing a page, then click on back to return to my archive index is so awkward it is not useful for my presentations. Can javascript be used to create a powerpoint like presentation of html files (with gif hyperlinks)sequentially from html page to page? Is so, could someone suggest where I could find a sample of how to use a javascript program to efficiently navigate viewer through a date based archive or suggest how to solve my problem? Harry Ok Harry, I...

Javascript and IE? Javascript and C#?
While my question might be simple, the environment around it is terribly messy and so I will try to keep this clear and simple by only including the relevant code - however, as I will soon suggest, I worry that the problem isnt in what would seem to be the relevant code but instead is lost somewhere in the do-and-donts of the peripheral code. So at the end, i'll try to include all the affected code and you can see if any of its actually relevant. I know there is a lot going on... sorry, but I tried to write this clearly. So here is what I imagine to be relevant. I'm working with a pa...

Javascript to make a page your home page
Hello, I'd like to find out if the following can be done. When someone comes to my site I would like to check to see if their homepage is set to my site. If it is then nothing is done. If it is not then I'd like a link to appear that asks if they'd like to set their home page to my site. Can this be done? If so can someone post the code to do it? Thanks, Sean http://www.Aquaria.Info http://www.CleanLiving.com http://www.DigFishDig.com un1xg33k@gmail.com wrote: > When someone comes to my site I would like to check to see if their > homepage is set to my site. If it...

dynamic load javascript from javascript
hi, from here: http://www.activewidgets.com/javascript.forum.6114.15/dynamic-load-javascript-from-javascript.html there is a method to load js from js, e.g. //--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- var script = document.createElement('script'); script.type = 'text/javascript'; script.src = 'snip.js'; document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(script); //--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- this method works great, but there is a bug(?) when using wit...

Standalone .js file creates IE, and call javascript functions in the page
Hi, my friends, The flow: A standalone .js file creates an IE window, the IE window loads a page containing javascript codes. The problem: How to call the javascript functions in the IE window from the .js file? How to set parameters and how to get return values? And more important: How to respond to the events in the IE window? (Is it possible?) How to call back, that is, call functions in .js file from the IE window? Thanks in advance! Any help will be appreciated! On Dec 10, 1:45=A0am, Zhiguo <zhiguoyo...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, my friends, > > The f...

is dynamically creating a new field on a page DHTML, Javascript, XML or a combination?
I want to learn moer of what I saw in a recent example. They create a page that created new fields/element. It's not like they were hidden and they displayed them, they were not there, then the script created them. It used things like parentnode, insertBefore, appendChildNode,... Any ideas/direction is appreciated. "NotGiven" <noname@nonegiven.net> wrote in message news:V1E2d.150662$0o5.36812@bignews1.bellsouth.net... > I want to learn moer of what I saw in a recent example. They create a page > that created new fields/element. It's not like they were ...

JavaScript
Guys, anybody know if is possible "to press" a button linked a javascript function using python? My Firefox send something like that: POST /msgs.aspx TOKEN=B8B83BGDBC191B9FE0A0BE1393294FAB&sig=gpaiOqbp0Nr %2BoecRLF4FGGDOAao %3D&toUserId=1331299&rawAddedDate=1188546666&fromUserId=23029&Action.delete=Send +data python has modules for forms and other things... and for it? Thank you for help... zowtar >python has modules for forms and other things... and for it? Check out httplib and urlib2, it might be useful for you. Hi! I know "how to", but o...

Create IE object in .vbs file, and control the javascript tinymce editor in the page
In a standalone .vbs file, I create an ie object and navigate to a page containing a javascript tinymce editor. Now I want to get/set the content of the tinymce editor. Is it possible to do that? P.S. Can javacript be run as standalone application, just like the .vbs file? Thanks! Any help will be appreciated! On Dec 8, 11:09=A0am, Zhiguo <zhiguoyo...@gmail.com> wrote: > In a standalone .vbs file, I create an ie object and navigate to a > page containing a javascript tinymce editor. Now I want to get/set the > content of the tinymce editor. Is it possible to do tha...

javascript
Hi all I wounder if some one can help me i have to write a program that sums numbe3rs together using a for loop. The numbers are 1 to 10 then one to 20 then 1 to 10,000. // A program for summing numbers from one to biggestNumber Var biggestNumber; Var theSum = 0; its got to start like this. Im having problems with this one viicki -- v davies Message posted via JavaKB.com http://www.javakb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/java-tools/200512/1 On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 11:27:29 GMT, "vicki via JavaKB.com" <u16404@uwe> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said : >// A program fo...

Javascript
Recently, I have had the role of being the Javascript guru at work. You know, one peeve I have about COLA is that it seems too oriented around client applications, when the the majority of the world is about Web applications. We talk about OO -- but javascript has always been there. As has DOM, and DHTML. A web developer is a fully OO programmer. In article <5%LCb.2953$Pg1.2136@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net> John Bailo <ten@lnilhtrea.oliabaj> wrote: >Recently, I have had the role of being the Javascript guru at work. For single man garage business, you sure have. ...

JavaScript
Javascript has it's own significance Amit Patel wrote: > Javascript has it's own significance Mr Patel, Stop using that stuff, it's bad for your brains. :P "Amit Patel" <amit2749@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:5f04ccb8.0401210427.3f93300c@posting.google.com... | Javascript has it's own significance It also has it's own group.. news:comp.lang.javascript ...

JavaScript
If I have Options/ViewingMail/AllowExecutables unchecked does Eudora strip out the JavaScript? Or just refuse to execute it? TIA... Bob "Bob Bailey" <ebiz@usa.net> wrote in message news:rfOdnaRVycZZNzXenZ2dnUVZ_v-dnZ2d@rcn.net... > If I have Options/ViewingMail/AllowExecutables unchecked does Eudora strip > out the JavaScript? Or just refuse to execute it? OK. I've answered my own question but that begs a new one. (Eudora strips the JS.) Having allowed Executables it only works if I open, not preview, the message and then it insists on ope...

javascript
Cut'n'paste from "my" ticket 202 at www.ecomstation.com as they seem to have come to a halt... :-( ################################ Recenty I went from w4 fp17 to eCS 1.2. I get the odd behavior described beneath. Both boxes sees, and uses the same installations and user profiles. Clean install(s) of both Moz and FF has been done several times. Starting FF or Moz clean (no userprofiles), doesn't make any differnce. FIREFOX: The Weather extension i.e doesn't show it's 'mouseover' info, and it refreshes slow. Unit change which ...

Javascript
Would anyone know whether Javascript works well with sound files? Tina Host wrote: > Would anyone know whether Javascript works well with sound files? Exactly as well as it works with files of any other type. -- |_ CJSonnack <Chris@Sonnack.com> _____________| How's my programming? | |_ http://www.Sonnack.com/ ___________________| Call: 1-800-DEV-NULL | |_____________________________________________|_______________________| ...

Javascript
Hello people, I'm trying to make a regional map in html and javascript, I'm sure how to d= o the following: to hover over the city, he should change the city's image with another clea= rer, and clicking in the city he should get a darker color than the picture= when we hover. Until there all right, but when I click it gets darker image and move the m= ouse in another city he immediately removes the dark image and return to th= e clearer picture. How to keep the image when I click on it and still the effect of passing th= e mouse? --------------------- the other t...

How to send javascript object from one page to another page?
Assume i have javascript object called "call" and i have stored some values in it and i want to access the same object "call" not values. This type of approach is it possible? If yes plese explain with simple example. I know there are several ways we can send the object properties values from one page to another page by using post url, header, cookies so on but my requirment to access the whole object instanse form one page to another page. Anything in this regard highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Girish Kaltippi <girish.kaltippi@gmail.com> wrote on 31...

Web resources about - How do I create a javascript subscription page - comp.lang.javascript

List of countries by number of broadband Internet subscriptions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The following is a list of countries by fixed (wired) broadband Internet subscriptions and penetration rate, compiled by the International Telecommunication ...

Test Users Allow Developers To Vet Facebook Subscription Payments Process
Facebook is now allowing developers that are implementing subscription payments to use test users in order to ensure that the entire process ...

Subscriptions - The Post and Courier - Charleston SC, News, Sports, Entertainment
postandcourier.com delivers the latest breaking news and information on the latest top stories, weather, business, entertainment, politics, and ...

Introducing subscriptions and local currency pricing
Today, we’re announcing two updates to our payments product: subscriptions and local currency pricing. New ways to monetize with subscriptions ...

Facebook updates payments terms to reflect addition of subscriptions, Credits phase out and more
Facebook has updated its payment terms for both users and developers following Tuesday’s announcement that it would support monthly subscription ...

Scripting News: I had to get a NYT Digital Subscription to figure out what's wrong.
Yesterday I posted a tweet with some feedback for the NY Times marketers. Getting a NYT Digital Subscription should open up something new and ...

Ultimate Guitar Tabs HD - Subscription for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Ultimate Guitar Tabs HD - Subscription on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Loot Crate - Epic Geek and Gamer Subscription - YouTube
Get Loot Crate: http://bit.ly/grabsomeloot - EPIC saves 10%! Real Loot Crate subscribers were invited to give their honest and unscripted opinions ...

YouTube Planning Paid Subscription Channels For $US1.99 A Month
YouTube plans to offer paid subscription channels in the next few weeks, sources with knowledge of the matter said.