Installed Printers - Printer Selection

Hi,

We want to make it possible for our Users to link a printer to a document
type.
Doing that we need to know how we can load the installed printers on the
client system and how we can autoselect an printer using JavaScript

Thanks in advice

Jo

0
Jo

Jo Claes wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We want to make it possible for our Users to link a printer to a document
> type.
> Doing that we need to know how we can load the installed printers on the
> client system and how we can autoselect an printer using JavaScript
>
> Thanks in advice
>
> Jo

Client-side JavaScript does not have the capability to select a printer or
control any aspects of the printing process (beyond bringing up the system
default print dialog with window.print()). CSS gives you some print
formatting control through @media print { display:none; } type constructs and
page-break-before/after.

Perhaps the ActiveX control described at <url:
http://jibbering.com/faq/#FAQ4_23 /> may provide the functionality you
require.

--
| Grant Wagner <gwagner@agricoreunited.com>

*

*

* Tips for upgrading JavaScript for Netscape 6/7 and Mozilla

Grant