Introduction to JavaScript Programming

Learn on-line at your own in a user-centered format with plenty of
interaction and personal attention.

This is a basic level coursed designed to introduce the novice to
intermediate computer user to the JavaScript language, and focuses on
creating user interactivity on personal websites. This Object Oriented
Language is known for creating a high level of interactivity with minimal
coding, and is fairly simple to learn.

We will begin with an overview of Javascript, describe its applications and
compare it to other web programming languages. Flash integration with
Javascript will also be addressed throughout the course. Topics we will be
covering include, Incorporating Javascript into an HTML page, Simple
Scripting, Time and Date,Data Variables,Writing Output, User Prompts,
Working with images, Creative Scripting, Data Types, and Navigation with
Javascript.

Objective:
To provide the student with an enjoyable learning experience complete with
personalized instruction.

Course Requirements:

Internet and Email Access
Text Editor Such as Notepad or Textpad
Ability to send attachments,
or webspace to post assignments
Netscape 6 or later
Internet Explorer 5.5 or later

Preferred but not mandatory

HTML Editor ( *Dreamweaver MX has some nice features)
Flash 5 or Flash MX
Printer Access (printing out the lessons can be very helpful)

Introduction to JavaScript, currently only $20 per six-week session!

To enroll visit us on-line at:

The Eclectic Academy
http://www.eclecticacademy.com
'The Better Choice in On-Line Learning'

0
lorena29 (5)

In article <2vzMb.40803$qC.12990@bignews3.bellsouth.net>, lorena29
@bellsouth.net enlightened us with...
> Learn on-line at your own in a user-centered format with plenty of
> interaction and personal attention.

If your JS is as good as your grammar, I'll pass.

~kaeli~
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

0
kaeli
1/12/2004 4:38:17 PM
I do apologize for the singular typo in the last posting,  but I'll pass on
you as a student as well.

Thank you.

"kaeli" <tiny_one@NOSPAM.comcast.net> wrote in message
> In article <2vzMb.40803$qC.12990@bignews3.bellsouth.net>, lorena29
> @bellsouth.net enlightened us with...
> > Learn on-line at your own in a user-centered format with plenty of
> > interaction and personal attention.
> >

> If your JS is as good as your grammar, I'll pass.
>
> --
> --
> ~kaeli~
> Press any key to continue or any other key to quit
> http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
> http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

0
Charlene
1/12/2004 5:34:54 PM
In article <swAMb.2901$eq.2460@bignews6.bellsouth.net>, lorena29
@bellsouth.net enlightened us with...
> I do apologize for the singular typo in the last posting,  but I'll pass on
> you as a student as well.
>
> Thank you.

Grammar is your friend. If you found only one typo, you either need to
proofread better or to stop relying on your spell-checker.
You have run-on sentences, missing words, and incorrect punctuation.

This is normally not all that important, but you're spamming an advert
for a learning institution. So, I get to pick on you.

Have a nice day!

~kaeli~
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

0
kaeli

Introduction to Javascript Programming
Learn on-line at your own convenience in a user-centered format, with plenty of interaction and personal attention. This is a basic level coursed designed to introduce the novice to intermediate computer user to the JavaScript language, and focuses upon creating custom user interactivity on personal websites. This Object Oriented Language is known for creating a high level of interactivity with minimal coding, and is fairly simple to learn. We will begin with an overview of Javascript, describe its applications and compare it to other web programming languages. Flash integration ...

javascript within a javascript
Hello, I have a multi-frame page. The frames are named Frame_1, Frame_2 and Frame_3. Frame_1 has a drop down box. When a value is selected in this drop down box, Frame_2 is updated using an asp file (as I have to read from a back-end access database). In turn in the asp file, I have a Body onload tag to execute a javascript function within Frame_2. this function updates the contents of Frame_3. Till now this is working fine. Here is the problem. Frame_3 has a form with a radio button. When a radio button is selected, I want that a function be executed in Frame_3. However since conte...

Introduction to JavaScript
Learn on-line at your own convenience in a user-centered format, with plenty of interaction and personal attention. This is a basic level coursed designed to introduce the novice to intermediate computer user to the JavaScript language, and focuses upon creating custom user interactivity on personal websites. This Object Oriented Language is known for creating a high level of interactivity with minimal coding, and is extremely simple to learn. We will begin with an overview of Javascript, describe its applications and compare it to other web programming languages. Flash integratio...

[...]

dynamic load javascript from javascript
hi, from here: http://www.activewidgets.com/javascript.forum.6114.15/dynamic-load-javascript-from-javascript.html there is a method to load js from js, e.g. //--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- var script = document.createElement('script'); script.type = 'text/javascript'; script.src = 'snip.js'; document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(script); //--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- this method works great, but there is a bug(?) when using wit...

Javascript and IE? Javascript and C#?
While my question might be simple, the environment around it is terribly messy and so I will try to keep this clear and simple by only including the relevant code - however, as I will soon suggest, I worry that the problem isnt in what would seem to be the relevant code but instead is lost somewhere in the do-and-donts of the peripheral code. So at the end, i'll try to include all the affected code and you can see if any of its actually relevant. I know there is a lot going on... sorry, but I tried to write this clearly. So here is what I imagine to be relevant. I'm working with a page that uses a very simple javascript function change the style of an <li> element (display=block;). The code is simple...which is why I cant understand my problem. This function is being called by <body onload="fop()"> // Javascript function function fop() { var dropDown = document.getElementById("region"); var firstName = dropDown.name; var fload = document.getElementById(firstName); fload.style.display = "block"; } // This is where it grabs the name value. "View Source" confrims the values work, (eg. name="ZHT") <select name="<%=Request.QueryString("lang")%>" id="region" onchange="selectMenu();"> //This is one of the <li> tags <li class="operatorLI" id="ZHT"> // Later for testing, I tried this (see below) <li class="op...

Introduction to JavaScript
Learn on-line at your own in a user-centered format with plenty of interaction and personal attention. This is a basic level coursed designed to introduce the novice to intermediate computer user to the JavaScript language, and focuses on creating user interactivity on personal websites. This Object Oriented Language is known for creating a high level of interactivity with minimal coding, and is fairly simple to learn. We will begin with an overview of Javascript, describe its applications and compare it to other web programming languages. Flash integration with Javascript will al...

Javascript
Hello people, I'm trying to make a regional map in html and javascript, I'm sure how to d= o the following: to hover over the city, he should change the city's image with another clea= rer, and clicking in the city he should get a darker color than the picture= when we hover. Until there all right, but when I click it gets darker image and move the m= ouse in another city he immediately removes the dark image and return to th= e clearer picture. How to keep the image when I click on it and still the effect of passing th= e mouse? --------------------- the other t...

javascript
Cut'n'paste from "my" ticket 202 at www.ecomstation.com as they seem to have come to a halt... :-( ################################ Recenty I went from w4 fp17 to eCS 1.2. I get the odd behavior described beneath. Both boxes sees, and uses the same installations and user profiles. Clean install(s) of both Moz and FF has been done several times. Starting FF or Moz clean (no userprofiles), doesn't make any differnce. FIREFOX: The Weather extension i.e doesn't show it's 'mouseover' info, and it refreshes slow. Unit change which ...

JavaScript
Javascript has it's own significance Amit Patel wrote: > Javascript has it's own significance Mr Patel, Stop using that stuff, it's bad for your brains. :P "Amit Patel" <amit2749@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:5f04ccb8.0401210427.3f93300c@posting.google.com... | Javascript has it's own significance It also has it's own group.. news:comp.lang.javascript ...

JavaScript
If I have Options/ViewingMail/AllowExecutables unchecked does Eudora strip out the JavaScript? Or just refuse to execute it? TIA... Bob "Bob Bailey" <ebiz@usa.net> wrote in message news:rfOdnaRVycZZNzXenZ2dnUVZ_v-dnZ2d@rcn.net... > If I have Options/ViewingMail/AllowExecutables unchecked does Eudora strip > out the JavaScript? Or just refuse to execute it? OK. I've answered my own question but that begs a new one. (Eudora strips the JS.) Having allowed Executables it only works if I open, not preview, the message and then it insists on ope...

JavaScript
Guys, anybody know if is possible "to press" a button linked a javascript function using python? My Firefox send something like that: POST /msgs.aspx TOKEN=B8B83BGDBC191B9FE0A0BE1393294FAB&sig=gpaiOqbp0Nr %2BoecRLF4FGGDOAao %3D&toUserId=1331299&rawAddedDate=1188546666&fromUserId=23029&Action.delete=Send +data python has modules for forms and other things... and for it? Thank you for help... zowtar >python has modules for forms and other things... and for it? Check out httplib and urlib2, it might be useful for you. Hi! I know "how to", but o...

javascript
Hi all I wounder if some one can help me i have to write a program that sums numbe3rs together using a for loop. The numbers are 1 to 10 then one to 20 then 1 to 10,000. // A program for summing numbers from one to biggestNumber Var biggestNumber; Var theSum = 0; its got to start like this. Im having problems with this one viicki -- v davies Message posted via JavaKB.com http://www.javakb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/java-tools/200512/1 On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 11:27:29 GMT, "vicki via JavaKB.com" <u16404@uwe> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said : >// A program fo...

Nixing Javascript via javascript: pseudoproto?
This is a question about defensive web browsing. Ocassionally I run into a page whose JavaScript does something that I find obnoxious. I would like to turn off JavaScript only for that page (instead of disabling it globally). It would be cool if there were some way to do this through a "bookmarkable" JavaScript snippet using the javascript: pseudoprotocol. Does anyone know any trick to do any of this? Many thanks! -bill "bill" wrote > This is a question about defensive web browsing. Ocassionally I > run into a page whose JavaScript does something that I fi...

How do you stop a javascript program?
While running a program that exceeds the array limits it issues an alert. I want to then stop the program after filling in the output boxes with blanks. How do you stop the program? I have worked on this for days and tried searching the net, but have found nothing. I jsut searched groups for stop javascript and found the answer. The answer is to label loops and then use a break loop statement. electrician@electrician.com wrote: [Added attribution and quotation] > electrician@electrician.com wrote: >> While running a program that exceeds the array limits it issues an >> a...

About Javascript.
I wish to know more about javascript. Hope that have somebody can help me solve this problem. Just tell me which types of javescript is easy to learn and easy to use. Thank. "Joanne" <Joanne_9989@yahoo.com.sg> wrote in message news:bi3ulh$id7$1@ftp.curtin.edu.au... > I wish to know more about javascript. Hope that have somebody can help me > solve this problem. Just tell me which types of javescript is easy to learn > and easy to use. Thank. There *technically* is only one type of javascript - so I would suggest learning that one - there is a great beginners prime...

Javascript with %%%%%%?
Hi,I had this guy post some spam to my site and now I'm on a mission tofind out who it is. He's got a site that redirects you elsewhere, inthat site I hit stop on the browser so I could see it. It containedthis script:SCRIPT type='text/javascript'>var ibnfbpy="%3c%73c%72%69pt%20"+""+"%74%79"+"p%65%3d%27%74ex"+"%74%2f%6a%61%76%61s%63%72%69%70%74%27%3e%0a%77i%6ed%6f%77%2e%6c%6f%63a%74%69%6fn%2e%68%72ef%3d%22%68t%74%70%"+"3a%2f%2f"+"%78%61%6e%61x%37%37%37"+"%70%69%6c%6c%73%2e%63o%6d%2f%71%2eph%"+&...

Including a javascript relative to its own location from another javascript
Hello, I want to include a javascript from another javascript. I know that I can do that by document.write("<script src='another.js'>"); I am exposing my main.js (which contains the above code) directly, intending it to be used via cross-site scripting (xss). In this case, the above code doesn't work. Because an external html which is using my main.js will look for another.js in its local directory. I have to change 'another.js' to '<absolute path>/another.js' for it to work. But now if I change the location of main.js I have to make chang...

tricky javascript problem requires javascript guru !
Hi, I am complete JavaScript novice and would really appreciate some help with this code: ===================================================================== <%@LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%> <!--#include file="Connections/ssdb.asp" --> <% Dim rs_news_edit Dim rs_news_edit_numRows Set rs_news_edit = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") rs_news_edit.ActiveConnection = MM_ssdb_STRING rs_news_edit.Source = "SELECT * FROM tblnews" rs_news_edit.CursorType = 0 rs_news_edit.CursorLocation = 2 rs_news_edit.LockType = 1 rs_news_edit.Open() rs_news_edit_numRows = 0 %> <% Dim Repeat1__numRows Dim Repeat1__index Repeat1__numRows = -1 Repeat1__index = 0 rs_news_edit_numRows = rs_news_edit_numRows + Repeat1__numRows %> <% Dim MM_paramName %> <% ' *** Go To Record and Move To Record: create strings for maintaining URL and Form parameters Dim MM_keepNone Dim MM_keepURL Dim MM_keepForm Dim MM_keepBoth Dim MM_removeList Dim MM_item Dim MM_nextItem ' create the list of parameters which should not be maintained MM_removeList = "&index=" If (MM_paramName <> "") Then MM_removeList = MM_removeList & "&" & MM_paramName & "=" End If MM_keepURL="" MM_keepForm="" MM_keepBoth="" MM_keepNone="" ' add the URL parameters to the MM_keepURL string For Each MM_item In Request.QueryStrin...

where are the javascripts?
On the link below: http://www.zytrax.com/books/dns/ I couldn't find the javascript codes (mouseover) needed for the Dynamic HTML menu at the top of the page. How did the site hide those codes? -- .~. Might, Courage, Vision. In Linux We Trust. / v \ http://www.linux-sxs.org /( _ )\ Linux 2.4.22-xfs ^ ^ 9:04pm up 2 days 11:31 load average: 1.08 1.20 1.08 toylet wrote: > On the link below: > > http://www.zytrax.com/books/dns/ > > I couldn't find the javascript codes (mouseover) needed for the > Dynamic HTML menu at the top of the page. How did the ...

JavaScript?
I have a question, and I hope this one hasn't been asked too frequently; if so, I apologize in advance. I've heard over time that it isn't a good idea to intermingle JavaScript with PHP code. Maybe that's a fallacy, and maybe not, but if so, would someone care to enlighten me as to why this might be the case? Thanks in advance for any responses. -- Randy Jackson http://fourcolorexplosion.com On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 16:32:43 GMT, Randy Jackson <randyjackson@ignorethispartfourcolorexplosion.com> wrote: >I have a question, and I hope this one hasn't been asked t...

Javascript?
Why is it that we can not have Javascript on RiscOS? Simply please. Dave. -- D In message <27bce4234f.David@mail.daveandsylvia.plus.com> Dave <mail@daveandsylvia.plus.com> wrote: > Why is it that we can not have Javascript on RiscOS? Simply please. > Dave. We do have Javascript: - Firefox Oregano 1 and 2 WebsterXL Fresco I believe with the exception of Firefox, all the other browsers feature either incomplete or non current versions of Javascript Someone please feel free to correct me, but I do not believe any of the above browsers are ...

** Dynamically writing html/javascript from a javascript function **
I'm working on some code and am running into brick walls. I'm trying to write out Javascript with Javascript and I've read the clj Meta FAQ and didn't see the answer, read many similar posts (with no luck though), and searched through the IRT.ORG Faqs (www.irt.org/script/script.htm). The Javascript is designed to open an popup window and then inside that window call another script which will resize that window. There may be another way around this but the reason I tried this approach initially was that I wanted to call the onload handler in the popup window to resize the image only after the image had completely loaded. I've had some code in the primary Javascript file (showimage.js) before that works if the image has been cached but on the first load, it doesn't resize properly which tells me it is probably because it is trying to resize the window based on the image size but it isn't completely known at that point. So I removed that code and tried placing the resizing code in the second Javascript file (resizewindow.js). BTW I've tried other code to open a popup image and automatically size it ie Q1443 at irt.org but that doesn't do exactly what we need. Even if there is another way to do this with one file, I still want to figure out why this isn't working in case I run into it in the future. I thought what I would need to do to use document.writeln to write Javascript would be to escape any special characters and to break apa...

Web resources about - Introduction to JavaScript Programming - comp.lang.javascript

Introduction to gauge theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is an accessible, non-technical introduction to the subject. For the main encyclopedia article, see Gauge theory . Modern physical ...

Sheryl Sandberg Talks ‘Lean In,’ Women In The Workplace At Introduction Of Her Book
“There are Facebook employees we’ve never met,” Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg said in response to a question about Yahoo ’s recent ...

Introduction to Business Manager - Facebook-Hilfebereich - Facebook
You can access ads manager and Power Editor from your Business Manager. To get to your ads manager from Business Manager, go to Business Manager ...

An Introduction to Facebook Mobile Ads
This article originally appeared in the Facebook Marketing Bible , our subscription product for marketers and advertisers looking to better understand ...

LIQUID COMICS : SNAKEWOMAN INTRODUCTION : ISSUE # 0 for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get LIQUID COMICS : SNAKEWOMAN INTRODUCTION : ISSUE # 0 on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

iPhone introduction - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore mil8's photos on Flickr. mil8 has uploaded 2198 photos to Flickr.

An Introduction To 4Q: Now Be Truly Customer Centric! - YouTube
4Q is a free online survey from iPerceptions & Avinash Kaushik. 4Q helps capture critical Voice of Customer to help you identify actionable insights ...

MWC 2016: Sony smartphones evolve with introduction of Xperia X line
Sony has announced new additions to its Xperia family of smartphones at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, but this time the Japanese company ...

Opinion: 6 years after its introduction, iPad remains a long play for Apple
... never watched the demo or haven’t seen it lately, queue it up and see for yourself how much it stands out from nearly every other product introduction. ...

Embracing Computer Programming and Business law, UW students run from Problems of American Racial and ...
These kids today! So practical, so averse to the wisdom of their elders... For more analysis, here's the Cap Times article "Introductory politics ...