f



Invalid argument error in IE

Hi,

I have created two javascript classes in the following way.

//Script tag starts here

function ClassA(textBoxID, objB)	{
	this.textBox = document.getElementById(textBoxID);
	this.objB = objB;

	//some other methods
}

function ClassB()	{
	this.propertyA = "some value";

	//some other methods
}

var objA = null, objB = null;

function body_onLoad()	{
	objB = new ClassB();

	objA = new ClassA("aTextBoxID", objB);
}

//Script tag ends here

This approach runs as expected in Firefox but in Internet Explorer, I
get a script error "Invalid Argument" at a line number which contains
the script's closing tag.

Can anybody enlighten me about what may be the problem with this code?

Regards,
Shalin.

0
8/10/2006 8:15:24 AM
comp.lang.javascript 38370 articles. 1 followers. javascript4 (1315) is leader. Post Follow

1 Replies
522 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 0

When I call body_onLoad() in IE 6, I don't get an error; and objB and
objA both get defined.  Perhaps you should post the complete code?


shalinmangar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have created two javascript classes in the following way.
>
> //Script tag starts here
>
> function ClassA(textBoxID, objB)	{
> 	this.textBox = document.getElementById(textBoxID);
> 	this.objB = objB;
>
> 	//some other methods
> }
>
> function ClassB()	{
> 	this.propertyA = "some value";
>
> 	//some other methods
> }
>
> var objA = null, objB = null;
>
> function body_onLoad()	{
> 	objB = new ClassB();
>
> 	objA = new ClassA("aTextBoxID", objB);
> }
>
> //Script tag ends here
>
> This approach runs as expected in Firefox but in Internet Explorer, I
> get a script error "Invalid Argument" at a line number which contains
> the script's closing tag.
>
> Can anybody enlighten me about what may be the problem with this code?
> 
> Regards,
> Shalin.

0
Noah
8/10/2006 12:29:41 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

3146 Error, and Invalid Argument Value error
I have recently upsized a client database to SQL Server. The application is used to book people onto courses at a Conference Centre/Adult Study Centre. It was originally an Access FE/BE, all written by my client. While it's not bad as an "amateur" database, it has all the expected failings of the inexperienced developer (poor table design, queries operating on whole tables, macros running hither and yon mixed with code etc.) The FE resides on a server, and all users (about four or five at most) connect to it. The BE resides on a different server. Recently, the users have been getting intermittent ODBC error messages - mostly 3146 ODBC Call Failed, but also ODBC Call Failed [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Invalid Argument Value (#0) What makes this very difficult to diagnose is that the errors are not persistent. Yesterday, for example, certain processes threw 3146 errors constantly. Today, the same processes run without problems. What I would REALLY like to do is to rationalise/normalise the data design, move ALL the macros to code and redesign all the queries. Sadly their budget is very limited. Does anyone have any ideas about how to resolve the immediate, intermittent problem? Many thanks Edward you should have upsized to ADP instead of linked front end. Jet doesn't give concise, clear reliable error messages. Only through cutting out the Jet _BS_ can you get to the root of the problem. On Dec 9, 1:26=A0am, teddysn...@hotmail.com wrote:...

why this ie javascript error?
IE keeps popping up an error "expected string identifier" for the following snippet when a page is loading: The debugger goes to the line with ,'querystring': bar, but it doesn't highlight it. All the variables are declared, and the code runs fine in firefox. function foo( { 'url':url ,'onSuccess':dofunction ,'onError':function(req)doerrorfunction ,'parameters':{ 'param1':value, 'param2:'another value', } ,'querystring': bar } ); but when I change the code to: function foo( { 'url':url ,'onSuccess':dofunction ,'onError':function(req)doerrorfunction ,'parameters':{ 'param1':value, 'param2':'another value', 'bar':'bar value' } } ); dave wrote: > 'onError':function(req)doerrorfunction What do you mean? function(reg) {doerrorfunction();} ? The original string has no sense in JavaScript. > ,'parameters':{ 'param1':value, 'param2:'another value', You seem already found this error - a quote is missing, must be 'param2':'another value', VK wrote: > dave wrote: > > 'onError':function(req)doerrorfunction > > What do you mean? > function(reg) {doe...

IE
I've had my round with this page for the past few days and can't figure out why I'm getting this error. Any help would be wonderful. When you mouse over stuff in IE you get an Invalid Argument error. http://65.61.134.86/tour.asp?ctSelect=0 The code that it shows me when it breaks is: function zot_on(zid){ if(zid != zotOn){ //Breaks here $("ct_zot_"+zid).style.backgroundImage = "url('/images/ct_zot_" + zid + ".jpg');" $("ct_zot_"+zid).style.backgroundRepeat = "no-repeat;" } } Thanks ...

Invalid Argument with IE
I wrote this function to open a pop-up window and it works great on every browser except IE. IE gives an 'Invalid Argument' error on this line: var w = window.open(theURL,winName,features); <script language="JavaScript"> function openWindow(theURL,winName,features) { try { if (document.SectionE.list.options[document.SectionE.list.selectedIndex].value == 'e_tax.pdf' || document.SectionE.list.options[document.SectionE.list.selectedIndex]...

Javascript error reporting for IE
I have written some Javascript that works perfectly in Firefox - no errors reported. The dreaded MSIE 6 produces nothing but a long line of 'undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefined ....' Each 'undefined' represents a text node or element I have interted into the DOM. As far as I can see I have declared all variables and asigned values so I just can't see what is wrong. Unfortunately the error reporting in MSIE is very poor indeed. The line number it reports , for the 'error', is not of any use because I have my javascripts in separate file to the html. IE...

Invalid Argument error on boot
I have a SunFire V210 which is spitting out a "Invalid Argument" error during boot. The error occurs immediately following the "normal" error messages you get when loading the volume manager on Solaris 9: WARNING: forceload of misc/md_trans failed WARNING: forceload of misc/md_raid failed WARNING: forceload of misc/md_hotspares failed Invalid Argument: Operation failed I had recently made a bunch of changes to the security configuration of the system. My guess is I fat-fingered something and didn't catch it. Any tips for finding out exactly where this is occuring?...

Javascript Error in IE 6
Hi Friends, I am having this error in javascript . This error comes in IE6 but not in Mozilla. Can you help? function startSpellCheck( baseUrl, /* Array of Form Elements */ elements ) { alert("baseURL->"+baseUrl); var params='?op=1'; for( var x = 0; x < elements.length; x++ ) { alert("element-x="+x); var form = elements[x].form; alert("form in startspellcheck="+form); var formsNumber = getFormsNumber( form ); alert("In start-spellchecker.js file--formnumber"+formsNumber); params = pa...

Access Query and Invalid Argument Error
Hi, I have very serious problem with query in Access. I have, in my DB, a lot of forms with some buttons that I use to do query. When I press that buttons and query start I have "Invalid Argument" error because memo field lenght is greater than 128 char. If the type field is memo why I have this error? How I make to resolve this problem? Thanks Mara ...

CompactDatabase fails with Invalid Argument error
Hello. For years I've been using the DBEngine.CompactDatabase code to make backups of backend databases. But now I've struck a baffling problem where I get an Invalid Argument error. This happens on an XPHome machine with both A97 and A2000 installed. I simplified the code and the error still occurs. In the following new test database containing only this procedure, dbSource refers to a brand new database with no objects which is closed. dbDest does not yet exist. On the last line I get the error message 'Invalid Argument'. The same happens if I leave the dbLangGeneral out. Dim dbSource As String, dbDest As String dbSource = "C:\oj\aa\development\DBSource.mdb" dbDest = "C:\oj\aa\development\DBDest.mdb" DBEngine.CompactDatabase dbSource, dbDest, dbLangGeneral Any suggestions? Owen Jenkins I've since found that this problem is related to having A97 and A2000 on the same machine. The compact process works OK in A2000 on a machine with only A2000, and works OK in A97 on a machine with only A97. It also works OK in A2000 on a machine with both A97 and A2000, but on the same machine, it doesn't work in A97. So having A2000 on the same machine, prevents the A97 compact process working. Any ideas why? It doesn't appear to be a references issue. Owen Owen Jenkins wrote: > Hello. > > For years I've been using the DBEngine.CompactDatabase code to make > backups of backend databases. But now I...

Error: Invalid Procedure call or argument
I run a program which read emails from a text file. There is some thing invalid in one or more text file. When program is busy doing parsing it shows that error and process stop. I dont know which text file has that error. Is it possible that i can handle that error during processing some thing i mean ignore line, email so that my process will not be interrupt. Error: Invalid Procedure call or argument Run time error 5 I want to handle this error by means of skip that line, email or any thing but not to stop the parsing. Might help maybe just a little bit if you let us in on a BIG secret. The actual CODE that's causing the error. Think of this NG this way... if you want an answer you can use, provide just enough information so that anyone reading your post can at least accurately recreate the problem you're having. Otherwise you're pissing in the wind. ON Error Resume Next, maybe? pietlinden@hotmail.com wrote in news:1155265184.830339.248180 @i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com: > Might help maybe just a little bit if you let us in on a BIG secret. > The actual CODE that's causing the error. Think of this NG this way... > if you want an answer you can use, provide just enough information so > that anyone reading your post can at least accurately recreate the > problem you're having. Otherwise you're pissing in the wind. I like you, Piet. -- Lyle Fairfield Lyle Fairfield wrote: > pietlinden@hotmail.com wrote in news:1155265...

IE javascript:function() link error
Some windows IE users encounter an error when launching javascript from my links. An error is generated before the window opens. For example: <a href="javascript:PlayCosmos('pr-08-highlights-eurosport','7385866', 13,4,2008);">One Minute Race Highlights from Paris-Roubaix</a> function PlayCosmos(title, id, day, month, year) { url = 'http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/index.php? cl='+id; NewWindow(url,title,430,426,'no'); } function NewWindow(mypage, title, w, h, scroll) { OpenWindow(mypage, title, w, h, scroll); ...

ioctl program giving invalid argument error
I am trying to successfully run the following program that I downloaded from the net.I have commented some part.The program compiles and executable is formed fine.But when I give the command line arguments on giving -s option I get the error of invalid argument :- #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/socket.h> #include <netinet/in.h> #include <arpa/inet.h> #include <sys/ioctl.h> #include <errno.h> #include <netdb.h> //#include "nlist.h" #include <net/if.h> #include <netinet/if_ether.h> e...

makeconnection errors: "Invalid argument"
Having a problem I could find nothing on using Google. I'm getting a -lot- of the following errors in my maillog: i43ERpEZ018812: makeconnection (xxxx) failed: Invalid argument xxxx being almost every single mail server I try to send mail to. From one sendmail server to another it'll even do this. It'll fail the first try, and on the second try it'll go through. It doesn't do this with mail that stays on the server, but from the best I can tell (and from numerous test messages) it'll do this with every single outgoing message. Anybody know how I can fix this? Mail still seems to get where it's going, but needing to resend each message twice has got to be slowing things down. Thanks, Chris I'm running: OBSD 3.4 Sendmail 8.12.9 ..mc file: divert(0)dnl VERSIONID(`@(#)openbsd-proto.mc $Revision: 1.6 $') OSTYPE(openbsd) FEATURE(nouucp, `reject') FEATURE(`no_default_msa') FEATURE(`use_cw_file')dnl FEATURE(`virtusertable')dnl FEATURE(`genericstable')dnl FEATURE(`access_db')dnl FEATURE(`local_procmail')dnl GENERICS_DOMAIN_FILE(`/etc/mail/generics-domains')dnl define(`confAUTH_MECHANISMS',`CRAM-MD5 PLAIN LOGIN')dnl TRUST_AUTH_MECH(`CRAM-MD5 PLAIN LOGIN')dnl DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Name=MTA') MAILER(local) MAILER(smtp) MAILER(procmail) Chris Cameron wrote: > Having a problem I could find nothing on using Google. > > I'm getting a -lot- of the following errors in my maillog: > >...

error message"invalid argument"
my daughter was sending pics of my grandaughters, i right clicked on them and saved them as a screensaver to look at daily(1st twin grandchildren) now i keep getting invalid argument error and can't do it anymore can someone tell me what to do please........ On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 21:49:26 -0700, jjelswick@yahoo.com wrote: >my daughter was sending pics of my grandaughters, i right clicked on >them and saved them as a screensaver to look at daily(1st twin >grandchildren) now i keep getting invalid argument error and can't do >it anymore can someone tell me what to do please........ This newsgroup is devoted to Microsoft Access, the database product. You'll get better answers to your questions in a newsgroup devoted to your partciular OS (i.e. Windows XP, Windows Vista, etc). Scott McDaniel scott@takemeout_infotrakker.com www.infotrakker.com ...

Javascript and IE? Javascript and C#?
While my question might be simple, the environment around it is terribly messy and so I will try to keep this clear and simple by only including the relevant code - however, as I will soon suggest, I worry that the problem isnt in what would seem to be the relevant code but instead is lost somewhere in the do-and-donts of the peripheral code. So at the end, i'll try to include all the affected code and you can see if any of its actually relevant. I know there is a lot going on... sorry, but I tried to write this clearly. So here is what I imagine to be relevant. I'm working with a page that uses a very simple javascript function change the style of an <li> element (display=block;). The code is simple...which is why I cant understand my problem. This function is being called by <body onload="fop()"> // Javascript function function fop() { var dropDown = document.getElementById("region"); var firstName = dropDown.name; var fload = document.getElementById(firstName); fload.style.display = "block"; } // This is where it grabs the name value. "View Source" confrims the values work, (eg. name="ZHT") <select name="<%=Request.QueryString("lang")%>" id="region" onchange="selectMenu();"> //This is one of the <li> tags <li class="operatorLI" id="ZHT"> // Later for testing, I tried this (see below) <li class="op...

access2007 create table error
I've got a 2nd MDB with a table (tblPersonalInfo) and I'm trying to create a linked table strsql is the path to that mdb this works Set db = CurrentDb Set tbl = db.CreateTableDef("tblPersonalInfo." & lngEmpCode, _ dbHiddenObject, _ "tblPersonalInfo", _ strSql) but if I use, dbAttachedODBC, I get an error, invalid argument yet if I use the link table manager to link to the table and I display its attribute property it is set...

Error: Invalid procedure call or argument (5)?
I=92m using A2007 (12.0.6334.5000) SP1 Jet 4.0 SP-8 WinXp SP2 I=92m opening/running a Access 2000 FE.mdb with Access 2007 with Custom Menus (no Ribbons) in legacy mode. I have a Custom Menu Bar, when I select: Tools, Compact and Repair Database=85 It runs: CommandBars("Menu Bar"). _ Controls("Tools"). _ Controls("Database Utilities"). _ Controls("Compact and Repair Database..."). _ AccDoDefaultAction I=92m getting the following error: Microsoft Office Access Error: Invalid procedure call or argument (5) OK This same codehas worked OK for years with no error messages on a2k thru a2k3 computers What does the (5) represent? How do I recode this so it will run on Access 2000 and Access 2007? Any thoughts? Thanks, John PS: AutoCorrect is off Reviewed all suggestion and processed all SP1 and all Hotfixes mentioned on: Allen Brown http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html Tony Toews http://www.granite.ab.ca/ 11397335 ...

iptables
Hello everyone, Why does this entry below result in a iptables error message? iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 192.168.0.0/24 -j MASQUERADE Results in "iptables: invalid argument" And where might I find any documentation on the error messages for iptables? Thanks Luther martin02 wrote: > Why does this entry below result in a iptables error message? > > iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 192.168.0.0/24 -j MASQUERADE > > Results in "iptables: invalid argument" > > And where might I find any documentation on the error messages for iptables? One thing I can think of is that the nat table is not supported by Your kernel. - In /var/log/messages, You might see a corresponding message. Try lsmod and in Your kernel tree, see /net/ipv4/netfilter for the names of the modules that You might need, especially all *nat* modules. Then, You could try to insmod or modprobe these modules, where the ones starting with "iptable_*" are the tables, "ipt_*" with capital letters are Your targets and all others are matches. This will also help with Your problem in the other thread You started. Cheers, Jack. -- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- My personal reading of the string "MicroSoft" expands to "NanoWeak"... On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 15:02:44 -0400, martin02 <lutherpFORTY@bellsouth.net> fought his way into comp.os.linux.networking, paused briefly and let fort...

error writing "sock????": invalid argument
Hello everyone, I am experiencing problems using smtp/mime packages, as it raises an error after sending an email: this is part of my code: set body "some plain text" set unMsg [mime::initialize -canonical text/plain -string $body] set unXLS [mime::initialize -canonical application/vnd.ms-excel - file excelfile.xls -param [list name "excelfile.xls"]] set multiT [mime::initialize -canonical multipart/mixed -parts [list $unMsg $unXLS]] set smtpserver smtp.myisp.com set from [format "Informes de Producci=F3n <%s>" erpreps@acompany.com] set to [format "%s <%s>" {Nombre de Persona} fakeid@foo.bar] set hashString [format %s%s%s $from $to [clock seconds]] set checksum [crc::cksum $hashString] set msgId [format "<%s.ip3gA@acompany>" $checksum] smtp::sendmessage $multiT \ -username myUsername \ -password myPassword \ -usetls true \ -servers $smtpserver \ -header [list From $from] \ -header [list To $to] \ -header [list Subject "Your requested report"] \ -debug 1] Its execution leads to this: Trying smtp.fakeisp.com... <-- 220 lnldap3.fakeisp.com ESMTP Welcome to lnldap3.fakeisp.com --> EHLO ofiura (wait upto 300 seconds) <-- 250-lnldap3.fakeisp.com Welcome to lnldap3.fakeisp.com <-- 250-PIPELINING <-- 250-SIZE 15240000 <-- 250-DATAZ <-- 250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN <-- 250 ...

package require "invalid argument" error
Hello I'm getting an error of "invalid argument" when trying to add a package...is there a way to debug what is wrong or what files are missing, etc? Thanks AC amir.companieh@gmail.com wrote: > I'm getting an error of "invalid argument" when trying to add a > package...is there a way to debug what is wrong or what files are > missing, etc? Here's how to start. I'll assume the command [package require foo] returns that error. First, find out what versions of "foo" are known to the package system with [package versions foo]. Look through those versions and determine which one Tcl is trying to provide. This depends on what's available, what requirement you've specified, etc. If you don't know how to do this, write again with more actual detail. Let's say you determine Tcl is trying to provide "foo 2.3". Next, find out what script is registered to provide "foo 2.3", with [package ifneeded foo 2.3]. That will return the script which is raising the error, and you can continue debugging of that script. I expect that the script will look something like [load /path/to/foo23.dll Foo], and the actual problem is that Tcl's [load] command does not like your foo23.dll file. It's unforunate that the system loader doesn't give a more meaningful error message than it does, but the problem is in the dll. Review the expectations of both Tcl and your system for such [load]able thin...

JavaScript Works With IE Gives Error in Notes Client ..Why?
Hi All ! My below mentioned code snippet works well in IE but gives error in Notes Client can some one tell me the reason why ? Erro : ToObjectError : window.document.forms[0].elements[i] has no properties Four simple text field & code to check whether all fileds are filled with information or not. <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE> Text Field Validation </TITLE> <SCRIPT Language="JavaScript"> function verify(f1) { var len=f1.elements.length; var flag=0; alert(len); for(i=0;i<len;i++) { alert('Checking...

error passing a very large string as Javascript function argument
Hi, I'm trying to call a javascript function from my aspx page. the javascrpt function call looks like this <a href="javascript:initializepage('<%Replace(DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"BIGXMLFILE1"),"""","")%>','<%Replace(DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"BIGXMLFILE2"),"""","")%>')">Click This Link</a> I am basically passing the content of 2 large XML files to the javascript function. When the XML files are of a reasonable size 1 kb - 2 kb it works fine b...

IE form.submit() proudces invalid syntax error
Hi all. I'm trying to diagnose/solve a problem with internet explorer, whereby sometimes the form submits, and other times IE produces an 'invalid syntax' error. First, I have a form, and within the form is a button bar and a <div> block which contains a table of parameters. The div block is used to create a layer. Now, when the table contains 15 or less rows in it, any button on the button bar which calls form.submit() works as it should, however, where the table has 16 or more rows, the form.submit generates an "invalid syntax" error. IE doesnt provide any more detail on this error. Mozilla/Netscape works as expected regardless of the number of rows. I am using IE 6.0.2600.0000 but have also tried on other versions of IE 6 and get the same results. The code is as follows: function _runButton() { document.getElementById('count_groups_form').submit(); } <!-- Extra HTML removed --> <form action="UpdateCount" method="get" id="count_groups_form" enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded"> <input type="hidden" name="edit" value="0"> <input type="hidden" name="new_order" value="0"> <input type="hidden" name="action" value=""> <input type="hidden" name="has_changed" value="0&quo...

Error 3001: Invalid Argument
I Googled around a little. Seems like the consensus was that it's something to to with a corrupted DB. But I suspect it's not in my case. The query in question runs fine when I spoon-feed it manually. It's going south when I load it in code. I've written all the parms to Debug.Print and then pasted them into a manual invocation of the query one-by-one and it worked also. I'm dead in the water on this one. Anybody been here? -- PeteCresswell Per (Pete Cresswell): >I'm dead in the water on this one. Fixed it. Didn't find it....but I fixed it.... Deleted the Append query in question after copying the SQL. Created a new query, pasted the SQL into it....Ran a-ok. Sheesh!!!! -- PeteCresswell "(Pete Cresswell)" <x@y.z> wrote in news:qq1ht0lpbt4opc1jp6td8t7etj0bdftccf@4ax.com: > Per (Pete Cresswell): >>I'm dead in the water on this one. > > Fixed it. Didn't find it....but I fixed it.... > > Deleted the Append query in question after copying the SQL. > Created a new query, pasted the SQL into it....Ran a-ok. > > Sheesh!!!! Sounds like a case where the compilation of the query was out of synch with the SQL text of the query. I've seen that and the solution you found has always been the only way to fix it. However, do note that it's possible with queries that exhibit that problem to have it recur in the new query, as well. There appear to be certain types of SQL that a...

Web resources about - Invalid argument error in IE - comp.lang.javascript

Argument (linguistics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In linguistics , an argument is an expression that helps complete the meaning of a predicate . Most predicates take one, two, or three arguments. ...

Brisbane news: Man killed in argument in Murrarie - The Courier-Mail Search Search
A MAN has been charged with manslaughter over the death of his housemate in East Brisbane overnight.

'I have people inside the police': Salim Mehajer allegedly threatened Bruce Herat during heated argument ...
Salim Mehajer has denied threatening the father of a&nbsp;Lindt&nbsp;cafe siege survivor following an argument over weights at a Burwood gym. ...

Argument escalates into shooting outside Memorial City Mall
Police say an argument escalated into a shooting outside Memorial City Mall Friday evening, and the gunmen are still on the run.

The "startling moment" in the argument about Obamacare and religious accommodations when Justice Kennedy ...
Lyle Denniston describes today's oral argument in Zubik v. Burwell : “Hijacking” is what a long list of religious institutions that object for ...

How to win an argument with a headstrong genius like Steve Jobs
... no question that Steve Jobs was a visionary and a genius. But, like others of his ilk, he was also known to be difficult, headstrong and argumentative. ...

Staples, Office Max, And FTC Make Opening Arguments In Merger Hearing
... whether a proposed merger of the two companies would be beneficial to or terrible for consumers. Today, both sides made their opening arguments. ...

Former CIA Director Blasts Obama For ‘Straw Man’ Arguments In Fight Against Islamic Terrorism
Former CIA Director Blasts Obama For ‘Straw Man’ Arguments In Fight Against Islamic Terrorism

Obamacare birth control mandate arguments hinge on 'burden' and what's 'objectionable'
The Supreme Court heard arguments in Zubik v. Burwell Wednesday, the case in which a number of non-profits are arguing against a provision of ...

Three Arguments For and Against Toyota Buying Robot Company Boston Dynamics From Google
Boston Dynamics' Cheetah Robot runs during a demonstration at the finals of the DARPA Robotics Challenge - Credit: MARK RALSTON/AFP/Getty Images ...

Resources last updated: 3/29/2016 6:59:56 PM