Link and Anchor, what is the difference ???

What is the difference between a link and an anchor in Javascript (DOM level
0) ?

Ton

--
Computer museum tonh: http://www.tonh.net/museum - 10.000 visitors !!
GGGallery website generator: http://www.tonh.net/gggallery

0
Ton
1/12/2004 2:47:35 PM
comp.lang.javascript 38092 articles. 0 followers. javascript4 (1315) is leader. Post Follow

Ton den Hartog said:

>What is the difference between a link and an anchor in Javascript (DOM level
>0) ?

A Link has an HREF attribute.  An Anchor does not.

0
Lee
1/12/2004 3:02:58 PM
> >What is the difference between a link and an anchor in Javascript (DOM
level
> >0) ?

> A Link has an HREF attribute.  An Anchor does not.

No ? :-)

Maybe the question is, what IS a link and an anchor..... ?

Ton

0
Ton
1/12/2004 9:00:57 PM
On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 22:00:57 +0100, Ton den Hartog
<ton.den.hartog.removespam@tonh.net> wrote:

> Maybe the question is, what IS a link and an anchor..... ?

Typically:

   A link is used to take the user to a new location, or to perform an
action (if scripting is used).

   An anchor is a destination that can be targeted by a link.

The former is acheived with the A element. The latter can also be done
with the A element and its name attribute, or by specifying a value for
the id attribute in other elements. To target an anchor, use a fragment
identifier (#frag-id) in the URI:

<A href="#Section-1">Section 1</A>
<A href="#Section-2">Section 2</A>
<H1><A name="Section-1">Section 1</A></H1>
<H1 id="Section-2">Section 2</H1>

For more information, see:

   Links -

       http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/links.html

   Fragment Identifiers -

       http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/intro/intro.html#fragment-uri

Both are taken from the W3C's HTML 4.01 Specification. There are too many
bits within the 'Links' section to reference individually, so just read it
all. :)

Hope that helps somewhat,
Mike

--
Michael Winter
M.Winter@blueyonder.co.invalid (replace ".invalid" with ".uk" to reply)

Rebuilding Links to Attachments?
A corrupt hard drive recently forced me to reinstall Eudora's latest and greatest for OS X, and revert to a backup of my Eudora folder. It wasn't until a week or so later when I noticed that I couldn't open older attachments from any mailbox window; I had to get the name of the attachment from the bottom of the message and open it manually from my attachments folder. Is there any way I can rebuild the links between my messages and the attachments that were delivered with them? Thanks, Andrew Andrew Currie <me@NEINSPAMMENandrewcurrie.ca> wrote: > A...

Popups from links
Heya all I have a script that allows my website to display the contents of a folder as links. I want those links to open as their MIME type (MP3 files) in a small window, displaying that file's name as an H2 tag. Can someone help me out? Here's the script that I have: $imagepath="/media/mp3s/new_tunes"; $realpath=$_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']."$imagepath"; $n=0; $list=array(); if ($dir = @opendir($realpath)) { while (($file = readdir($dir)) !== false) { if(is_file("$realpath/$file") && ($file!=".htaccess")){ $n++; $list[]...

link issue #2
Im trying to create soft link to a directory.... in / I do the following ln -s /incoming-dw/incoming-cc incoming and as expected it does create the soft link in / as below lrwxrwxrwx 1 root system 34 16 Oct 13:48 incoming-cc - > /incoming-dw/incoming-cc But the problem is if I try to cd incoming-cc pwd /incoming-cc How is this possible ? Should I not be in /incoming-dw-data/incoming- cc ? On 16 Oct, 14:50, invincible <imanuk2...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Im trying to create soft link to a directory.... > > in / I do the following > > ln -s /inco...

CL-FAD:list-directory and dead links
Hi, I just used cl-fad:list-directory to go through some files and extract some information there. During that CMUCL signaled an error for a non exisiting file: File-error in function TRUENAME: The file "/path/to/dir/.#findcmd.lisp" does not exist. [Condition of type KERNEL:SIMPLE-FILE-ERROR] Restarts: 0: [ABORT-REQUEST] Abort handling SLIME request. 1: [ABORT] Return to Top-Level. Backtrace: 0: (TRUENAME "/path/to/dir/.#findcmd.lisp") 1: (DIRECTORY #P"./*.*" :ALL T :CHECK-FOR-SUBDIRS ...) 2: (FIND-TEX-COMMANDS-IN-DIR ".") (findc...

Strong Link Found Between Concussions And Brain Tissue Injury
Strong Link Found Between Concussions And Brain Tissue Injury ScienceDaily (Aug. 25, 2009) =97 Concussions, whether from an accident, sporting event, or combat, can lead to permanent loss of higher level mental processes. Scientists have debated for centuries whether concussions involve structural damage to brain tissue or whether physiological changes that merely impair the way brain cells function, explain this loss. Now, for the first time, researchers at Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University have linked areas of brain injury to specific altered mental processes caused ...

Link Errors
Hi, I have an app that I wrote with 2.5.3. It works fine with that version of wxWidgits. When I tried to use 2.6.0 It gives me these link errors. error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall wxAppConsole::HandleEvent(class wxEvtHandler *,void (__thiscall wxEvtHandler::*)(class wxEvent &),class wxEvent &)const " (?HandleEvent@wxAppConsole@@UBE XPAVwxEvtHandler@@P82@AEXAAVwxEvent@@@Z1@Z) error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall wxAppConsole::OnUnhandledException(void)" (?OnUnhandledExcept...

Scilabs pdiv gives different result to Matlabs deconv
Hi, I'm converting a Matlab function to Scilab which uses Matlabs deconv function, I used Scilabs pdiv function in place of deconv, however I get different results. can anyone explain why? In Matlab: a=[5 23 12 8]; b=[5 2 7]; [q,rem]=deconv(a,b) q = 1.00000 4.20000 rem = 0.00000 0.00000 -0.34000 -2.14000 In Scilab: z=poly(0,"z") a=5+23*z+12*z^2+8*z^3; b=5+2*z+7*z^2; [rem,q]=pdiv(a,b) q= 1.3877551 + 1.1428571z rem = - 1.9387755 + 14.510204z best regards Albert I realise now that polynomials in Matlab are in descending ord...

About Linked List
Hi All, i have a small doubt about linked list . how can i know that a linked list has a loop or not if yes then which node does it . pls i need some technically code . any body pls help me [ See http://www.gotw.ca/resources/clcm.htm for info about ] [ comp.lang.c++.moderated. First time posters: Do this! ] sonu wrote: > Hi All, > i have a small doubt about linked list . how can i know that a linked > list has a loop or not if yes then which node does it . pls i need some > technically code . any body pls help me Have two pointers point to the first element of ...

FAQ 4.46 How do I handle linked lists? #16
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq4.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . -------------------------------------------------------------------- 4.46: How do I handle linked lists? In general, you usually don't need a linked list in Perl, since with regular arrays, you can push and pop or shift and unshift at either end, or you can use splice to add ...

Re: [tao-users] Linking a simple TAO app, unresolved _getfp
Hi, > > It still complains, however, that _getfp is an undefined symbol = needed > > by libACE.so. >=20 > It suddenly dawned upon me that perhaps I should search the Solaris > developer forums for this rather than TAO ones and I quickly found > that I need to link in libpthread to make it work. >=20 > So never mind me. I now have a server app that at least runs and > writes its ior to file. That's a start :-) I would recommend you to use MPC to generate your makefiles, that = prevents these kind of issues. REgads, Johnny Willemsen ...

MSVC++ linking with Intel libs
Hey all. I am trying to link my application with a threaded image library which tries to link to (at least) libmmt.lib and libirc.lib. >From good-ole google, these appear to be part of the Intel compiler and I am using MSVC++ 2005 Express Edition. Can anyone help me link these? I don't even appear to have these files on the computer. Surely there is a way. ...

How to anchor thinlet controls??
How to anchor thinlet controls?? -Sundar ...

directionfields from StreamPlot looks different from solution
I don't think I'm using StreamPlot properly. Consider the following non-autonomous ODE y'[t] == (t^2) - y[t] Solutions for various ICs can be viewed by the following. sol= Table[NDSolve[{y'[t] == (t^2) - y[t], y[0] == y0}, y[t], {t, -4, 4}], {y0, 0, 6, 0.5}]; Plot[Evaluate[y[t] /. sol], {t, -4, 4}, PlotRange -> {{-4, 4}, {-2, 10}}] Shouldn't Vector fields be similar to the solutions above? If I plot t on x-axis vs. t^2-y on y axis... VectorPlot[{t, (t^2) - y}, {t, -4, 4}, {y, -2, 10}] StreamPlot[{t, (t^2) - y}, {t, -4, 4}, {y, -2, 10}] I don...

SHARING A X25 LINK
Hy all, I would like to know your opinion about this situation: Up to now, I have a PAD application running in a machine. This application was developd by us using C under UNIX and the Solstice X.25 9.2 libraries. Basically, this application receives traffic from IP (with data to process in a host) and adapts it to x.25 protocol, sending these data to a x.25 host. We use only one x.25 link, configured with 1000 SVC. It is quite enough because our application (PAD) receives only a few (10-20) of calls per second (and their durations are not too long). Now, we want to have two appl...

link register(lr) or pragram counter(pc)
Hi, I tried to dump the stack trace when an exception happens. But I'm not sure which I should use to get the innermost address, lr or pc in REG_SET. I'm using PowerPC G4. Thanks in advance. BTW, does powerpc has PC? regards yong ...

One alias for two different hosts in /etc/hosts
Can I have one alias pointing to two different hosts in /etc/ hosts?.Incase if one host is down,i should be able to connect to the other using the alias. We don`t have dns or nis configured.Can this be accomplished using / etc/hosts? govindo@gmail.com writes: > Can I have one alias pointing to two different hosts in /etc/ > hosts?.Incase if one host is down,i should be able to connect to the > other using the alias. Yes. > We don`t have dns or nis configured.Can this be accomplished using / > etc/hosts? Just add two entries with the same name. 10.0.0.1 foo ...

RealBasic 2005
I didn't find anything about enhances on language. Does that mean RealBasic 2005 would not add any language reserved words, constructs or anything else? Thanks in Advance. -- Xenophaw In article <7Vi%d.23201$zZ1.626958@twister1.libero.it>, "Xenophaw" <xenophaw@avpnet.org> wrote: > I didn't find anything about enhances on language. Does that mean > RealBasic 2005 would not add any language reserved words, constructs or > anything else? When REALbasic 2005 is released, it will include release notes that describe all the change...

Help with C linked function! Is this a bug?
Hi everyone. I must create under Windows a PostgreSQL 8.1 db, and I have created a schema with a function linked to a C function contained in a dll file. The problem is that if I use the "MessageBox" function of the Win32 API, both PgAdminIII AND psql crash when I execute this function!!! Example C code: /----------------------------------------------------*/ #include "dll.h" #include <windows.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> DLLIMPORT void test_function (void) { MessageBox (0, "Hello World from DLL!\n",...

Re: surpressing Excel pop messages about linked files when using #3
Can you put a startup macro (on workbook, that gets called on open) that sets the excel option to disable prompts? I think this would do it: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Application.DisplayAlerts = False End Sub Of course you have to set the macro security properly. -Joe On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 2:05 PM, Nat Wooding <Nathaniel.Wooding@dom.com>wrote: > Data Null > > Many thanks. This looks like one of the solutions that I tried and the > problem is that I still get the popup message to which I have to reply. I > need to surpress that message. > > Nat > >...

dynamic linking vs. static linking
Please advise on how to invoke static linking. 1) Without a Makefile CC test.C -o test1 // force static linking 2) Using a Makefile Thank You -- In article <aZmdnflpstJGx1ii4p2dnA@comcast.com>, "Sharon and James" <sjbright3@comcast.net> writes: > Please advise on how to invoke static linking. Static link against what? Static linking against system libraries isn't supported, and from Solaris 10, isn't possible at all as the static libraries are no longer supplied. -- Andrew Gabriel Consultant Software Engineer UNIX sys admin suggestion: &q...

Difference between alt.lang.BASIC and comp.lang.basic.misc
Is there a big difference between the alt.lang.basic Newsgroup and the comp.lang.basic.misc Newsgroup? What is the difference? What is not allowed here in the sence of BASIC? Greetings, Gordon In article <4aecd8ef$0$1649$703f8584@textnews.kpn.nl>, "Gordon Rahman" <grahman@planet.nl> wrote: >Is there a big difference between the >alt.lang.basic Newsgroup and the comp.lang.basic.misc Newsgroup? No. >What is the difference? a.l.b may not have as many readers as c.l.b.m because many corporate/government sites do not carry alt.* groups. Ho...

link underline and no underline how to?
the site we're working on has some anchor links, you click them they scroll to the bottom of the page with the answers to the questions linked on to. is there anyway to make it so that the links are not underlined when the page loads, when the user moves the mouse over it's underlined, mouse out no underline. i tried: <a href="#section14" class="drkblue08bold" style="text-decoration:none"> but that left the underline gone forever, the class there is just for color, color does not change no need to, also tried: <a href="#se...

Re-linking hard links
Hello, I have a situation where I have numerous files with numerous hard links to each of them on an ext3 RHEL4.2 system. Some of these files are duplicates of the others. I would like to re-link all of the duplicates to point to a single inode. For instance if file1 has hardlinks link1 and link2, and file2 has hardlinks link3 and link4, I need to change it so that link1, link2 (these two are already correct), file2, link3, and link4 are all hardinks to file1. The only information I have to start with are the inode numbers of file1 and file2 and the pathnames of file1 and file2. Any idea...

ACE static linking
I am trying to build a static library with just ACE 5.5 (no CORBA, TAO, etc.) The linker cannot find implementation on the certain methods, i.e. ACE_Thread::getprio() ACE_Thread::join() and some others resulting in "Unsatisfied symbol" message. I searched the distribution codebase in ACE_wrappers/ace and cannot find implementation code for these methods, just the definitions in the header files. Am I looking in the wrong place? Hi, >I am trying to build a static library with just ACE 5.5 (no CORBA, TAO, >etc.) To ensure that we have proper version/plat...

link web pages
I am trying to use Photoshop 7 and ImageReady to build a web site. The dificulty I am having is when I try to link pages together. Can anyone point me towards a website with a tutorial. Cheers >I am trying to use Photoshop 7 and ImageReady to build a web site. Okay, you're in for a lot of frustration...this is a bit like trying to build a house with only a screwdriver. Photoshop and ImageReady are the best tools you will find for creating graphics for a Web page. They are NOT intended to build the Web page. >The dificulty I am having is when I try to link pages together. ...