Page-in-page

What I need to do is open one page "inside" of another without using frames.
For example:  page1.html (somewhere in this page i have a table where i want
"page2.php" to show). I have looked and looked for the code to do this, but
had no luck. If I use document.open , it has a popup, don't want that. I
hope this is clear as to what i'm trying to do. thanks in advance.

0
Panther

Panther wrote:
> What I need to do is open one page "inside" of another without using frames.
> For example:  page1.html (somewhere in this page i have a table where i want
> "page2.php" to show). I have looked and looked for the code to do this, but
> had no luck. If I use document.open , it has a popup, don't want that. I
> hope this is clear as to what i'm trying to do. thanks in advance.

Just use an iframe. It's by far the easiest thing for you if you really can't find any clues for yourself.
0
TheBagbournes
1/25/2007 8:05:28 PM
"TheBagbournes" <noway@noway.com> wrote in message
> Panther wrote:
>> What I need to do is open one page "inside" of another without using
>> frames.
>> For example:  page1.html (somewhere in this page i have a table where i
>> want
>> "page2.php" to show). I have looked and looked for the code to do this,
>> but
>> had no luck. If I use document.open , it has a popup, don't want that. I
>> hope this is clear as to what i'm trying to do. thanks in advance.
>
> Just use an iframe. It's by far the easiest thing for you if you really
> can't find any clues for yourself.

I actually like the way iframe looks from the <object> tag ...Thanks

0
Panther
1/25/2007 9:09:41 PM
On Jan 25, 10:36 pm, "Panther" <pantherh...@comcast.net> wrote:
> What I need to do is open one page "inside" of another without using frames.

Your only universal option is <iframe>. Purely theoretically you can
also use <object> with codetype="text/html" and codebase="yourURL" but
this way is hardkilled on the majority of UAs as an endless source of
security exploits.

Are you having some particular problems with <iframe> object or you
just don't like anything containing "frame" chars sequence in it?

0
VK

Web-page that *BOTH* changes current page + displays a Pop-up page from JavaScript
I'm having trouble accomplishing the subject task in an HTML JavaScript. When I initially spec'd the function, I envisioned JavaScript source with the following flow: 1) Create pop-up window via popupWindow = window.open(...) 2) Change current page via window.location.replace(URL) 3) Change focus to put pop-up window back on top via popupWindow.focus () I did not anticipate that my JavaScript would terminate upon the completion of the method in #2 above. As a result, I have created a pop-down window, hidden behind the new page. Is there a methodology I can use to ...

Web-page that *BOTH* changes current page + displays a Pop-up page from JavaScript
I'm having trouble accomplishing the subject task in an HTML JavaScript. When I initially spec'd the function, I envisioned JavaScript source with the following flow: 1) Create pop-up window via popupWindow = window.open(...) 2) Change current page via window.location.replace(URL) 3) Change focus to put pop-up window back on top via popupWindow.focus () I did not anticipate that my JavaScript would terminate upon the completion of the method in #2 above. As a result, I have created a pop-down window, hidden behind the new page. Is there a methodology I can use to accomplish the ...

Javascript to make a page your home page
Hello, I'd like to find out if the following can be done. When someone comes to my site I would like to check to see if their homepage is set to my site. If it is then nothing is done. If it is not then I'd like a link to appear that asks if they'd like to set their home page to my site. Can this be done? If so can someone post the code to do it? Thanks, Sean http://www.Aquaria.Info http://www.CleanLiving.com http://www.DigFishDig.com un1xg33k@gmail.com wrote: > When someone comes to my site I would like to check to see if their > homepage is set to my site. If it...

sections on the same page + page nummber on title page
hi! I don't really understand what happened but sections now are on the same page... and I get page number on title.. how to get rid of that? and why it's happened? Thanx in advance :) \documentclass[a4paper]{article} \usepackage[english]{babel} \usepackage[latin1]{inputenc} \usepackage{hyperref} \usepackage{verbatim} \usepackage{graphicx} \usepackage{amsmath} \usepackage{fancyhdr} \usepackage{array} \usepackage{newalg} \title{Algorithms } \author{Author} \parindent 0in \parskip 11pt \headheight 24pt \textheight 609pt \newcommand{\note}{\textit{\textbf{NOTE: }}} \begin{document} \...

Page Count for title page and abstract page
I'm typing a thesis, for which I use documentclass{report} Following the required format, I must page count the title page and abstract also (just not print the page number). Would somebody show me how to do it? I did as following: \setcounter{page}{20} \addcontentsline{toc}{chapter}{Abstract} \begin{abstract} This is the abstract \end{abstract} \tableofcontents But the page of the abstract in the TOC is i instead of xx. I don't know why. Thanks a lot. DT You can use the command \thispagestyle{empty} immediately after the \maketitle command and the abstract. Mauricio Orozco Alzate Web Site: http://orozco.co.nr/ You can use the command \thispagestyle{empty} immediately after the \maketitle command and the abstract. Mauricio Orozco Alzate Web Site: http://orozco.co.nr/ ...

Page up/page down for iPod
With 60Gb of storage on my iPod, I end up with a lot of titles/artists/albums to scroll through. It's frustrating to have to spin the wheel about a zillion times to get from "A' to "Z". A simple "page down"/"page up" feature would be a great help. Is there any way to do this on an iPod, or am I relegated to mindlessly spinning the wheel over and over again? Thanks. In article <1156442902.304146.295970@74g2000cwt.googlegroups.com>, "JB" <irish1982e@yahoo.com> wrote: > With 60Gb of storage on my iPod, I en...

paging page trouble
Hi I got a little trouble while trying to create index of pages I want to to something like : <0-> <-1-> <-2-> <-3-> once user click <-3-> new page counter start with <4-> <-5-> <-6-> <-7-> .. I do like that : local our $nb_page = arrondi ($total / 4, 1); local our $min_index = $query->param("min_index") || '0'; local our $max_index = $query->param("max_index") || '4'; local our $page_nbr = $query->param("pagenbr") ; local our $page_start = $query-&...

Is paging on Paging Space ?
Hi All Is paging on Paging Space ? moonhkt On Apr 22, 4:33 pm, moonhkt <moon...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All > > Is paging on Paging Space ? > > moonhkt That depends on what you mean by "paging". Since code on JFS or JFS2 in AIX is readonly, it is not necessary to pageout code, only to pagein. And since I only need to pagein, code is only paged from the filesystem. Code on NFS behaves differently. On Apr 22, 11:52 pm, sjm <sjm_n...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > On Apr 22, 4:33 pm, moonhkt <moon...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > Hi All > > > I...

Paging out, never page in
Hi, I have some paging that I'd like to be able to explain on an AIX 5300-09-03-0918 server with 12288MB of memory (it runs WebSphere Message Broker). From the below collected info, I can see: 1. Computational memory usage is reasonable (6363MB), file cache is 5722MB (numclient = 47.7%) 2. Paging out to paging space (paging space outs) occurred at a rate of 21.88 pages/sec over a interval of about 5hrs. 3. But no paging-ins from paging space occurred at all and paging space usage is only 20MB! On this server we have: lru_file_repage = 0 maxperm% = 90 minperm% = 5 maxclient% = 80 with s...

XmScrolledText : page up and page down ?
I have a read-only ( XmEditable set to false) Scrolled Text widget. This is part of a form containing a scrolled list and some labels. I can select text from the ScrolledText, and the scroll bars work fine. However, the page/up and page-down keyboartd kest , as well as arrow up and down do not work. Is this normal behaviour in a read-only text widget ? or must I somehow tell the system that the focus is on the scrolled text so that keyboard events will go to it and it can then translate a page-up/down into appropriate scrolling commands ? Also, in a semi-related question: ...

including pages in pages
Just a quick question... When including a page inside another (include('page.php')), is it bad for the second document to also have <head> and <body> tags etc? Im using iframes currently, and it works, but getting the page to match the content is kind of a javascript hack that only works after the page is loaded, not counting the images. So the new page loads, doesnt fit the old page size, and its changed. Not exactly fluid. Thx *** Theo wrote/escribi� (Tue, 28 Sep 2004 06:26:08 -0000): > When including a page inside another (include('page.php')), is it b...

Splitting 2 pages/page landscape postscript file into two single page portrait pages
Hi, I am a newbie. I have a book.ps file which has all the pages, having two facing pages per portrait page like this: +---------------+--------------+ | | | | | | +---------------+--------------+ I want to split the two pages. I dont want to scan the pages and then make bulky images out of compact pdf file. The file was generated from a dvi and latex that are no longer available. The author has died. The ps was made to save the number of printed pages in an era before pdf. So there are two problems: (1) split the ps into single pages (2) split each page in the center to to two successive pages. (3) then combine all the ps (4) I would like the ps to be converted to pdf so that it is searcheable, if possible. Steps 1-2 are the most important. Vasantha vasan999@hotmail.com wrote: > Hi, I am a newbie. > > I have a book.ps file which has all the pages, having two facing pages > per portrait page like this: > > +---------------+--------------+ > | | | > | | | > +---------------+--------------+ > > I want to split the two pages. I dont want to scan the pages and then > make bulky images out of compact pdf file. The file was generated from > a dvi and latex that are no longer available. The > author has died. The ps was made to save the number of printed > pages in an era before pdf. > > So there are tw...

Subfiles page up and page down
I have a question.... When using the page up and page down, after some records are displayed the page down key does work. The subfile remains on the current screen and will not load the next records. The next records to be displayed has some of the same data as the last record being displayed. Thanks for any advice..... additional information.... using SFLDROP SFLPAG <> SFLSIZ On Apr 3, 2:47 am, mk4ucch...@hotmail.com wrote: > I have a question.... > > When using the page up and page down, after some records are displayed > the page down key does work. The subfile r...

How to send javascript object from one page to another page?
Assume i have javascript object called "call" and i have stored some values in it and i want to access the same object "call" not values. This type of approach is it possible? If yes plese explain with simple example. I know there are several ways we can send the object properties values from one page to another page by using post url, header, cookies so on but my requirment to access the whole object instanse form one page to another page. Anything in this regard highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Girish Kaltippi <girish.kaltippi@gmail.com> wrote on 31 jan 2014 in comp.lang.javascript: > Assume i have javascript object called "call" and i have stored some > values in it and i want to access the same object "call" not values. > This type of approach is it possible? > > If yes plese explain with simple example. > > I know there are several ways we can send the object properties values > from one page to another page by using post url, header, cookies so on > but my requirment to access the whole object instanse form one page to > another page. Well that is a nicely put question in your exam, then we should share in the honours. Especially the assuming bit makes this a clear examination Q, in this NG we are more into real world scripting problems. > Anything in this regard highly appreciated. I imagine so. > Thanks in advance. Indeed? -- ...

Paging Long Page
Hi all I have a problem and I cannot solve it. I want to divide a long page in pages, I know how to do it if I use recordset (ADODB). But if I have a loop or a long page so how can I divide it, using ASP (VBScript, JS) or CSS ..... Any Idea PLEASE Hi again Any Idea about divide long html page using asp without recordset ...

Page footer with page total and previous page total
I know the basics about access reports and putting page totals in the page footers. What I can't figure out is along with the current page total to display the previous page total: At the bottom of every page: Page 1 page footer: Total brought forward= $0.00 Current Page total = $100.00 Grand Total= $100.00 Page 2 page footer: Total brought forward= $100.00 Current Page total = $75.00 Grand Total = $175.00 Page 3 page footer Total Brought forward= $175.00 Page Total= $20.00 Grand Total= $195.00 How can I get the the prev...

Page down and page up keys
hello all, i want to capture the page down and page up keys in order to move through my data but i dont know which values should i use. Does anybody knows that .. I am using the following code: function check_keypress(obj,event) currChar = get(figure_handle,'CurrentCharacter'); if currChar =='pageup' display('hi'); end But the above code not working. Any suggestions.. -thanks Amit wrote: > > > hello all, > i want to capture the page down and page up keys in order to move > through my data but i dont know which values should i us...

Load HTML page into another HTML page using Javascript

Refreshing page 1 after page 2 has been called from page 1
Hello, I have page one that open page 2 but when page 2 gets loaded, I need to refresh page 1. I tried few things but nothing worked can someone tell me what I can do? Page 2 is a new page and not a pop up. Thanks for any help. patrice.fiset@gmail.com said the following on 6/20/2007 3:48 PM: > Hello, I have page one that open page 2 but when page 2 gets loaded, I > need to refresh page 1. I tried few things but nothing worked can > someone tell me what I can do? Page 2 is a new page and not a pop up. If it is a new page then why do you need to refresh it automatically? What is th...

How to access the reference page (the Page that sent the user to the current page)?
Can someone tell me how to access which page url sent the user to the current page? I don't know the technical term, and would appreciate any input on this. I guess it would be something similar (but not limited to) displaying the page that would be returned to if with javascript's history.back(). Thanks in advance for any suggestions or comments. -- L. James ----------------------- L. D. James ljames@apollo3.com www.apollo3.com/~ljames -- PLEASE NOTE: comp.infos...

How to call a page in a remote site and get the result within your page with javascript
I want to know if it's possible to call, within my cgi page, using javascript, a remote url and get the result without changing my actual page. To say more, I have a page result appaired to the customer. And I want to call, during this, a remote server to send the result of the operation (ok/nok). I don't want to use 'window.open' because it can be blocked by the browser (pop-up). "nabilo" <nabiloussibrahim@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1127476745.157353.242610@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I want to know if it's possible to call, within my cgi ...

PHP Page Need to pass Javascript calculated value to redirect page
Hi All, I'm trying to do something I thought would be simple (of course!) 1) ON a php page, calculate fees based upon user entires. I'm calculating it in a javascript function and that is working well(based upun using alerts to view values). However, I need to take that calculated amount and pass it to a new page on redirect. This is the calc function which seems to be working ok: <code> <script language="JavaScript"> function calc(fees){ var Discount = 0.90; var WitnessCity1Loc = document.form1.WitnessCity1.value; var Witness1Fee = 0; var WitnessCity2Loc = ...

RH & HP4050N PCL
I have 3 different PCL compatible printers that all do the same thing when used from my Redhat9 server. The primary one I would like to get working is a HP4050N. They all are network connected (with their own IP and jetdirect card). I can print to all of them using numerous drivers without significant problem. When I print a multi page document, it prints a page, then pauses, then prints page 2, then pauses, and so on. When printing a 5 page document, I am ok with that. In the future we want to be able to print 50 and 100 page documents, and the pause will no longer be tolerable. I am using ...

Page not found error when navigating from the child page back to the parent page
Hi all, Can somebody please urgently let me know why this is happening? I have ROOT//Admissions-Project-context-root/viewForm.do?form_id=14 a page which has a hyperlink in it. When I click on hyperlink, it will open a new window which is ROOT//Admissions-Project-context-root/Housing/ResidencyAgreementStudent.jsp. I have a password field in this page which needs to be checked before clicking on the submit. If the password is correct for the first time, then its going to the parent page. If the password is wrong for the first time, then a popup message is displayed. If the user enters the cor...

Web resources about - Page-in-page - comp.lang.javascript