Problem with window.opener AND window.name IN firefox

Hello eveybody

Here's my problem:

I have 2 files:

File A.html:
---------------->
<script>
window.name='test';
alert("cette fenetre s'apelle:"+window.name);
</script>

File B.html:
---------------->
<script>
alert("normalement yahoo devrait s'ouvrir dans la page ou a �t� load�
A.html")
window.open('http://www.yahoo.com','test')
</script>

I open A.html in a window (or tab), and after, i open B.html in another
new window (or tab).
Yahoo should be open in the same window that A.html but firefox open me
a new window.
Why?

If you have any comments... thx a lot!
Have a good day.

Atlas
0
atlas

atlas wrote:

> Yahoo should be open in the same window that A.html but firefox open me
> a new window.
> Why?

Security, there were potential exploits reported where people tried to
look at the window or frame names one web site (e.g. a bank web site)
and then to use e.g.
   window.open('http://example.com/spoofBankInput.html',
'bankLoginFrameName')
to get their own pages opened in a frame belonging to another website
and then use script to capture keys entered.

--

	Martin Honnen
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/