read excel file using java script

any one suggest a way to read the excel file from a java script code..  (should not use any html)
0
Shankara
7/7/2015 5:25:02 AM
comp.lang.javascript 38370 articles. 1 followers. javascript4 (1315) is leader. Post Follow

On Mon, 6 Jul 2015 22:25:02 -0700 (PDT), Shankara Subramanian
wrote:

>any one suggest a way to read the excel file from a java script code..  (should not use any html)

You would have to rewrite a good part of Excel in JavaScript. A
couple of years of work, perhaps?

It may be easier just to pick strings from the Excel file, but
you would not get the whole structure that way.

The easiest way would be to export the data from Excel in a
format that is much easier to handle, such as TXT, PRN, or CSV.

Hans-Georg
0
Hans
7/7/2015 7:01:40 AM
Shankara Subramanian <hs.shankarasubramanian@gmail.com> wrote on 07 Jul
2015 in comp.lang.javascript:

> any one suggest a way to read the excel file from a java script code..
> (should not use any html)

"java script" != "javascript"

Why this "(should not use any html)"?

A school assignment?

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.
On Tuesday, July 7, 2015 at 12:25:14 AM UTC-5, Shankara Subramanian wrote:
> any one suggest a way to read the excel file from a java script code..  (should not use any html)

That would depend on where the ECMAScript variant is running.

If you are running this in classic ASP or in WSH (JScript), then there is an API available through:

var excel = new ActiveXObject("Excel.Application");

If you are running this in a webpage that is NOT an *.hta file, then you would need to be more creative. Newer versions of Excel files *.xslx are zipped files that contain a number of resources including an XML representation of the document.

Therefore you could unzip the *.xlsx file, modify its resources and then zip it back up.

if you are on Node.js or another environment I don't know what is available but the unzipping tactic would work there as well.
0
Michael
7/7/2015 1:35:20 PM
On Tue, 7 Jul 2015 06:35:20 -0700 (PDT), Michael Haufe (TNO) wrote:

> If you are running this in classic ASP or in WSH (JScript), then there is
> an API available through:
>
> var excel = new ActiveXObject("Excel.Application");

Assuming that the system has Microsoft Excel installed.
0
JJ

How to read an Excel file using TCL Scripts
Hi all, I have an excel file test.xls.It is created manually and few values are added manually. I Want to read each column of the excel and store in some variable using TCL Scripts. I went thro lot of examples but nothing related to above requirement I found. Please give suggestions or links where this code is given. Thanks in Advance, RAGHU On 25 =D0=BD=D0=BE=D1=8F, 12:55, RAGHU <ragh...@gmail.com> wrote: > I Want to read each column of the excel and store in some variable > using TCL Scripts. Open http://wiki.tcl.tk/tcom and search for "Extract so...

Read/write Excel files using Java! Which is the best solution?
What is the best solution for reading/writing Excel files with Java? I am interested in open source solutions like Jakarta POI Thanks, O Ovidiu.Silaghi wrote: > What is the best solution for reading/writing Excel files with Java? I > am interested in open source solutions like Jakarta POI > > Thanks, > O > JExcelApi, see http://jexcelapi.sourceforge.net/ Ovidiu.Silaghi wrote: > What is the best solution for reading/writing Excel files with Java? I > am interested in open source solutions like Jakarta POI None is perfect. I have used both POI and the JDBC-ODBC b...

Reading an Excel .xls File without using Excel.Application?
Hi all, My VB6 app needs to be able to read from an Excel .xls file. However, the target computer won't have Excel installed. All the online examples I've found for reading Excel files assume you're doing this... Dim xl As Excel.Application Dim xlsheet As Excel.Worksheet Dim xlwbook As Excel.Workbook ...which obviously won't work. How else can I go about it? Or, what's the bare minimum I could install to get this functionality? Thanks, Leif -- Leif Bloomquist leif(at)schemafactor(dot)com http://home.ica.net/~leifb/ "Once secure, saturate the area with pl...

How to read in all excel files from a excel file folder
Hello! I#ve one question. I want to read in all excel files from a file folder into matlab. How can i create a m.file witch reads in all my excel files????? thx i first get all files into a variable: FileNames=dir('*.xls'); then crate a loop to open each excelfile: for i=1:size(FileNames,1) A=xlsread(Filenames(i,1).name; end good luck Iris E.. wrote: > > > Hello! > > I#ve one question. I want to read in all excel files from a file > folder into matlab. > How can i create a m.file witch reads in all my excel files????? > > thx > i ...

reading data from a spooled file with java or c (without using the toolkit for java preferably)
hi, I'm trying to programmatically read (and later analize) data that gets written to a spooled file. My approach with java and CL has been to get the copy the spooled file into an IFS file. (the way i found to do something which i think is what i want is to go from spooled file -> database file -> ifs file (import file?)). Here are the commands in CL: (i'm trying to capture the command for showing jvm jobs but it could be any other command) PGM DSPJVMJOB OUTPUT(*PRINT) /* Show jvm jobs. */ CRTPF FILE(ITESTJ50/DMPJVMDBFL) RCDLEN(132) /* create physical/databas...

Reading file using Java
Hi all, got one question regarding file reading. How do I directly access a certain byte or line of a file using Java? the time complexity should be O(1). Thank you. On 9 Jan 2004 00:18:10 -0800, Hyden Zeng wrote: > How do I directly access a certain byte or line of a file using > Java? the time complexity should be O(1). Open the file using a RandomAccessFile. Use seek() to get to the desired location. Use an appropriate read method from that class to get the data. /gordon -- [ do not email me copies of your followups ] g o r d o n + n e w s @ b a l d e r 1 3 . s e Hyden Zeng: ...

reading excel files in Java
What's the best way to read Excel files in Java? tx NickPick wrote: > What's the best way to read Excel files in Java? > tx Google being your friend, try this: http://www.google.com/search?q=java+excel -- Dave Miller Java Web Hosting http://www.cheap-jsp-hosting.com/ NickPick wrote: > What's the best way to read Excel files in Java? There are no good ways. :-) But try one of: - Apache POI - ODBC and JDBC ODBC Bridge Arne Arne Vajh�j wrote: > NickPick wrote: >> What's the best way to read Excel files in Java? > > There are no good ways. Agreed...

How to open a logical partition and read all of its file using windows function ReadFile() ? Question How to open a logical partition and read all of its file using windows function ReadFile() ?
Hii In my application , wanna copy all files from one partition to another partition. First I copied a file that I taken default and copied to another partition. The above operation is done by using the control code "FSCTL_GET_RETRIEVAL_POINTERS". The clusters used are read and wrote into destination volume using readfile() and writefile() windows functions. Now I gotta copy all files..... So how to proceed ....?? Thanking you. On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 09:37:42 -0700 (PDT), krish <krishnampkkm@gmail.com> wrote: >Hii > >In my applicatio...

[xlsread()] is there a diff between (french) excel 2010 and (french) excel 2003 when using xlsread() to read ".csv" files
Hi, I am successfully reading decimal numbers (french format with ",") from ".csv" files (french .csv format with ";" as delimiter) using xlsread() on a PC with Windows 7 and (french) Excel 2010. Then i am using the MATLAB compiler (R2013a) to generate a standalone Windows executable MainApp.exe but when i execute my MainApp.exe (together with MCR v81) on another PC with Windows 7 and (french) Excel 2003 it looks that xlsread() does not recognize decimal numbers using ",". Both Microsoft Excels are French versions! Did anyone face a similar issue? Re...

I want to rename 660 files using a script I wrote in Javascript
I've a friend who needs to rename 660 EPS files. I thought a script would be the way to do it. Trying to help them out, so I'm trying to write a script using Javascript that will allow a string to be added to every file in a folder. Below you'll see what I've got so far. Is 'e' as in 'edit' the correct mode to open these files in? Would 'r' as in 'read' mode be safer and still allow the name change? var selectedFolder = Folder.selectDialog("Select the folder to run this script on. All files in the folder will be affected."); var all...

Want to generate Excel charts inside Excel files by Perl CGI generating Excel files using WriteExcel.pm
Hi all, My web-based application requires me to generate an Excel file with the results of an analysis in the server--something I can now do using the WriteExcel.pm module, but I'd like to do more in my Perl CGI. Specifically, I'd like to generate a graph/chart plotting values in column C in a worksheet with values in column A, and also values in column B against values in column A, both in the same graph/chart. Please note that I know how to plot a graph/chart once I open a file in Excel--my question is what I can do in the Perl CGI using WriteExcel (or associated or other Perl modul...

how to read .dld file Using Java
Hi All, could any one please let me know how to read .dld file using Java. Actually the task is convert .dld file(files with .dld extension) in to .txt file using Java. Thanks and Regards, Mukund ...

How to use Java to read a binary file?
Hi, I have a binary file. I have no idea what is inside. They could be numbers, or chars. I am trying to use Java to read it and print out to the screen. Following is my program: <Java> import java.io.*; public class CopyBytes { public static void main(String[] args) throws IOException { DataInputStream in = null; try { in = new DataInputStream(new FileInputStream("binary_file_name")); char c; while ((c = in.readChar()) != -1) { System.out.print(c); } } finally { ...

Reading Excel files using PHP
Hello there, Could someone pls give me pointers (or examples) on how to use PHP (installed on a linux) to read & write MS Excel spreadsheets. So far I've been converting a spreadsheet to text (as tab separated values) and processing the text file. I'm wondering if I can avoid this step and process the .xls file directly. I found a thread in this group - related to this topic - but it says, MS excel needs to be installed on target machine to use PHP's COM. I assume he's talking about PHP running on windows target machine. How can I use a similar approach on linux machine? ...

Web resources about - read excel file using java script - comp.lang.javascript

Seal script - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Seal script ( simplified Chinese : 篆书 ; traditional Chinese : 篆書 ; pinyin : zhuànshū ) is an ancient style of Chinese calligraphy . It evolved ...

China must follow its own reform script
Can China's authorities loosen up enough for China to complete its economic transition?

Bahamas man accused of hacking celebs, stealing movie scripts & sex tapes
... who stands accused of hacking into the e-mail accounts of celebrities and entertainment studios, then trying to sell off unreleased scripts, ...

Hacker arrested for stealing celebrities’ movie scripts and sex tapes
A 23-year-old hacker from the Bahamas was arrested after he managed to access personal data belonging to certain celebrities, including scripts ...

Gilead Sciences, Inc. Faces Troubled HCV Scripts as AbbVie Inc Scripts Go Up
Gilead HCV prescriptions decline, while AbbVie sees an increase in HCV scripts.

Google Apps Script: Tracking add-on usage with Google Analytics
... blog Posted by Romain Vialard, a Google Developer Expert and developer of Yet Another Mail Merge , a Google Sheets add-on. Google Apps Script ...

Studio: Tupac Shakur film script was offered by hacker
"Celebrity hacker" allegedly accessed more than 100 email accounts of actors, athletes and media personnel and tried to sell unreleased scripts ...

Bulls flip the script in stunning Christmas Day victory over Thunder
Chicago Tribune Bulls flip the script in stunning Christmas Day victory over Thunder Chicago Tribune The Bulls swept away their negative vibes ...

The Hateful Eight Ending Differences from Script Revealed - Collider
Brian Formo attended a live read of 'The Hateful Eight' in 2014 and he reveals all the ending changes from Quentin Tarantino's script to the ...

John Boyega Says Star Wars Episode VIII Has A Much Darker Script
, then Episode VIII will take cues from The Empire Strikes Back, adopting a darker tone, according [...]