where are the javascripts?

On the link below:

http://www.zytrax.com/books/dns/

I couldn't find the javascript codes (mouseover) needed for the Dynamic
HTML menu at the top of the page. How did the site hide those codes?

--
   .~.    Might, Courage, Vision. In Linux We Trust.
  / v \   http://www.linux-sxs.org

toylet wrote:
> On the link below:
>
> http://www.zytrax.com/books/dns/
>
> I couldn't find the javascript codes (mouseover) needed for the
> Dynamic HTML menu at the top of the page. How did the site hide those
> codes?

First off I say "What DHTML menu" as in Opera without using IE spoof
mode all I see is a mess of superimposed text. Secondly if I view the
source the script is written inline for all to see.
--
Andrew Urquhart
- FAQ: http://jibbering.com/faq

0
Andrew
3/3/2004 1:27:38 PM
>> I couldn't find the javascript codes (mouseover) needed for the
>> Dynamic HTML menu at the top of the page. How did the site hide those
>> codes?
>
> First off I say "What DHTML menu" as in Opera without using IE spoof
> mode all I see is a mess of superimposed text. Secondly if I view the
> source the script is written inline for all to see.

I saw only 3 javascript functions that were not related to the menu. You
should need a lot of javascript functions to drive the menus, not just 3.

--
   .~.    Might, Courage, Vision. In Linux We Trust.
  / v \   http://www.linux-sxs.org
/( _ )\  Linux 2.4.22-xfs
   ^ ^    10:20pm up 2 days 12:47 load average: 1.01 1.01 1.00
0
toylet
3/3/2004 2:21:26 PM
toylet wrote:
>>> I couldn't find the javascript codes (mouseover) needed for the
>>> Dynamic HTML menu at the top of the page. How did the site hide
>>> those codes?
>>
>> First off I say "What DHTML menu" as in Opera without using IE spoof
>> mode all I see is a mess of superimposed text. Secondly if I view the
>> source the script is written inline for all to see.
>
> I saw only 3 javascript functions that were not related to the menu.
> You should need a lot of javascript functions to drive the menus, not
> just 3.

Sorry, I don't agree with your premise!
--
Andrew Urquhart
Reply: www.andrewu.co.uk/about/contact/

0
Andrew
3/3/2004 2:38:32 PM
>>> First off I say "What DHTML menu" as in Opera without using IE spoof
>>> mode all I see is a mess of superimposed text. Secondly if I view the
>>> source the script is written inline for all to see.
>> I saw only 3 javascript functions that were not related to the menu.
>> You should need a lot of javascript functions to drive the menus, not
>> just 3.
> Sorry, I don't agree with your premise!

I didn't see any inline javascript stuffs. Could You cut-and-paste what
you saw? I only see a <script></script> section that contained
javascript. I am using mozilla 1.7a.

--
   .~.    Might, Courage, Vision. In Linux We Trust.
  / v \   http://www.linux-sxs.org
/( _ )\  Linux 2.4.22-xfs
   ^ ^    10:42pm up 2 days 13:09 load average: 1.00 1.01 1.00
0
toylet
3/3/2004 2:43:05 PM
toylet said:

>On the link below:
>
>http://www.zytrax.com/books/dns/
>
>I couldn't find the javascript codes (mouseover) needed for the Dynamic
>HTML menu at the top of the page. How did the site hide those codes?

That site implements the "mouseover" functionality via CSS,
rather than Javascript.  Note all of the "hover" definitions.

0
Lee
3/3/2004 3:08:20 PM
toylet wrote:
>>> I saw only 3 javascript functions that were not related to the menu.
>>> You should need a lot of javascript functions to drive the menus,
>>> not just 3.
>> Sorry, I don't agree with your premise!
>
> I didn't see any inline javascript stuffs. Could You cut-and-paste
> what you saw? I only see a <script></script> section that contained
> javascript. I am using mozilla 1.7a.

Actually you are seeing a different page to me because it looks like
they've attempted to sniff the browser on the server and accordingly
have modified the markup sent to the client. In Mozilla 1.6 I see DHTML
menus implemented with nested lists through CSS. IMHO they really should
have implemented the nested lists method for all browsers and then
provided a single graceful fallback for the browsers that don't support
the methods needed. If you want to see the IE script, assuming you're on
Linux, I suggest you get Opera and enable the IE spoof mode. Certainly
no script is 'hidden' from the view-source though.
--
Andrew Urquhart
- FAQ: http://jibbering.com/faq
- Archive: http://groups.google.com/groups?group=comp.lang.javascript
- Reply: www.andrewu.co.uk/about/contact/

0
Andrew
3/3/2004 3:28:05 PM
>>I couldn't find the javascript codes (mouseover) needed for the Dynamic
>>HTML menu at the top of the page. How did the site hide those codes?
>
> That site implements the "mouseover" functionality via CSS,
> rather than Javascript.  Note all of the "hover" definitions.

Thank you. I am learning...

--
   .~.    Might, Courage, Vision. In Linux We Trust.
  / v \   http://www.linux-sxs.org
/( _ )\  Linux 2.4.22-xfs
   ^ ^    11:02am up 3 days 1:29 load average: 1.54 1.16 1.05
0
toylet