Windows Script 5.7 for Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003

This post was originally made in microsoft.public.scripting.jscript by
Michael Harris and I am reposting it here for the people who don't/can't
subscribe to the microsoft groups. The original thread can be read here:

Windows Script 5.7 for Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003

Download details: Windows Script 5.7 for Windows 2000
<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=c03d3e49-b40e-4ca1-a0c7-cc135ec4d2be&displaylang=en&tm>

Download details: Windows Script 5.7 for Windows XP
<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=47809025-d896-482e-a0d6-524e7e844d81&displaylang=en&tm>

Download details: Windows Script 5.7 for Windows Server 2003
<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=f00cb8c0-32e9-411d-a896-f2cd5ef21eb4&displaylang=en&tm>

--
Randy
Chance Favors The Prepared Mind

In comp.lang.javascript message <fZ-dnUyF3KVAA1nbRVn_vw@giganews.com>,
Thu, 16 Aug 2007 15:00:49, Randy Webb <HikksNotAtHome@aol.com> posted:
>This post was originally made in microsoft.public.scripting.jscript by
>Michael Harris and I am reposting it here for the people who
>don't/can't subscribe to the microsoft groups. The original thread can
>be read here:

That was cross-posted too widely for me to have seen it.

I see that MS still use FFF dates in a cited page.

Has an ISO week number fix, affecting 2007-12-31, been applied?

--
 (c) John Stockton, Surrey, UK.  ?@merlyn.demon.co.uk   Turnpike v6.05   IE 6
  <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/vb-dates.htm> VB maths, dates, sources.
Dr J R Stockton said the following on 8/17/2007 8:56 AM:
> In comp.lang.javascript message <fZ-dnUyF3KVAA1nbRVn_vw@giganews.com>,
> Thu, 16 Aug 2007 15:00:49, Randy Webb <HikksNotAtHome@aol.com> posted:
>> This post was originally made in microsoft.public.scripting.jscript by
>> Michael Harris and I am reposting it here for the people who
>> don't/can't subscribe to the microsoft groups. The original thread can
>> be read here:

> That was cross-posted too widely for me to have seen it.

That's nice. [1]

> I see that MS still use FFF dates in a cited page.

That's nice. [1]

> Has an ISO week number fix, affecting 2007-12-31, been applied?

No. If you could be bothered to read the thread you would know what has
been changed.

[1] http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/hikksnotathome/thatsNice.html
--
Randy
Chance Favors The Prepared Mind
Randy
8/21/2007 1:59:47 AM
In comp.lang.javascript message <deOdnVe3d66J2lfbRVn_vw@giganews.com>,
Mon, 20 Aug 2007 21:59:47, Randy Webb <HikksNotAtHome@aol.com> posted:
>Dr J R Stockton said the following on 8/17/2007 8:56 AM:
                 ^^^^                  ^^^^ Ugh! ^^^^^^^ too early
                 I never spoke.

>> Has an ISO week number fix, affecting 2007-12-31, been applied?
>
>No. If you could be bothered to read the thread you would know what has
>been changed.

I did read the whole thread, and it contained no answer to that point.

As you by now may have deduced, a fix (although one has been on the MS
site for a long while) has not been applied.  I have a better one, which
also fixes the rarer fault which they did not mention.

--
 (c) John Stockton, Surrey, UK.  ?@merlyn.demon.co.uk   Turnpike v6.05   IE 6.
 Web  <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/> - w. FAQish topics, links, acronyms
Dr J R Stockton said the following on 8/21/2007 2:17 PM:
> In comp.lang.javascript message <deOdnVe3d66J2lfbRVn_vw@giganews.com>,
> Mon, 20 Aug 2007 21:59:47, Randy Webb <HikksNotAtHome@aol.com> posted:
>> Dr J R Stockton said the following on 8/17/2007 8:56 AM:
>                  ^^^^                  ^^^^ Ugh! ^^^^^^^ too early
>                  I never spoke.

Are we going into the attribution BS mode again?

>>> Has an ISO week number fix, affecting 2007-12-31, been applied?
>> No. If you could be bothered to read the thread you would know what has
>> been changed.
> I did read the whole thread, and it contained no answer to that point.

Then I won't ask why you felt it necessary to ask a question that you
already knew the answer to.

> As you by now may have deduced, a fix (although one has been on the MS
> site for a long while) has not been applied.

And you may have deduced, by me saying "No." that one had not been applied.

> I have a better one, which also fixes the rarer fault which they did not mention.

Thats nice.

--
Randy
Chance Favors The Prepared Mind
Randy

troubles building python 2.5 on Windows XP x64 Windows Server 2003 sp1 Platform SDK
I am needing to build python 2.5 on Windows XP x64 Windows Server 2003 sp1 Platform SDK and am not finding anything documented on the process to use. Has anyone had any success with this? If so has anyone documented it? The documentation that resides in pcbuild/readme.txt is not helpful at all. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Brad bhochstetler@gmail.com wrote: > I am needing to build python 2.5 on Windows XP x64 Windows Server 2003 > sp1 Platform SDK and am not finding anything documented on the process > to use. Has anyone had any success with this? If so has anyone > d...

Using Eudora 6.0.1.1 in Windows 2000/XP with Application Data Redirected to Windows 2003 Server
Does anybody have any experience with using Eudora 6.0 on Windows 2000/XP machines? Per the installation guide we are using Eudora with user data stored in the Application Data folder for the user. Problems have arisen as we've migrated to Windows 2003 Server and Active Directory. Users now have roaming profiles (stored on the server) and redirected folders (My Documents and Application Data) also stored on the server. Some users also are using laptops with 'Offline Files' turned on. The problems we are seeing are... - OWNER.LOK files are not getting deleted when Eudora quits (or they are getting syncronized from the Client Side Cache to the server on log out) causing multiple instance of Eudora messages. Proceeding with "Accept the consequences" is resulting in TOC and/or MBX corruption. - We seem to be getting corruption of IN.TOC on the file server. Does Eudora support writing this file over a network connection or only to the local machines file system? Thanks for any insight. Trevor Cooper UCSD ...

Multiples Instance of SQL server 2000/SQL server 7.0 on Windows server 2003
Hi, Is it possible to install on a Windows server 2003, SQL SERVER 2000 in the folowing configuration : SQL server 7.0 as a default Instance and SQL server 2000 as a named instance. Thanks for your answer. riless (g.carali@voila.fr) writes: > Is it possible to install on a Windows server 2003, > SQL SERVER 2000 in the folowing configuration : > > SQL server 7.0 as a default Instance > > and > > SQL server 2000 as a named instance. If SQL 7 can be installed on Win2003, yes. But I would not really expect SQL 7 to be welcome on Windows 2003, although I don't...

Windows 2003 Server (SP2) vs Windows 2000 Server TCP/IP Performance
Hi, I have a W2K and a W2K3 server under test. The test program has two components: 1. a simple TCP/IP test server 2. a simple TCP/IP test client Both are very small programs (written in VB using a third party COM component for sockets). Both are running on the same machine. i.e. the whole test is local to the machine. The TCP/IP test server listens on a particular port (9000) on 127.0.0.1. Two TCP/IP test clients attempt to connect to the TCP/IP test server, get a few bytes of test data (less than 100bytes) and close the connection. They repeat this process 1000 tim...

Windows 2003 Server (SP2) vs Windows 2000 Server TCP/IP Performance
Hi, I have a W2K and a W2K3 server under test. The test program has two components: 1. a simple TCP/IP test server 2. a simple TCP/IP test client Both are very small programs (written in VB using a third party COM component for sockets). Both are running on the same machine. i.e. the whole test is local to the machine. The TCP/IP test server listens on a particular port (9000) on 127.0.0.1. Two TCP/IP test clients attempt to connect to the TCP/IP test server, get a few bytes of test data (less than 100bytes) and close the connection. They repeat this process 1000 tim...

Windows Time, Windows 2000 server and XP Client
Hi, We currently have a windows 2000 machine that has an atomic clock on it. Our PDC (NT 4.0 Server) looks at this to get it's time, and all our NT 4.0 Workstations get the time from this. We are rolling out windows XP, and are trying to build a standard image that look at for the time on either the windows 2000 server or the NT 4.0 PDC. I can't get this working at the moment - if i choose to 'Synchronize with an Internet Time Server', and name either the PDC or Windows 2000 server, it fails. Also, if I type 'NET TIME' from a command prompt, it locates...

Wasatch Softrip V4.5 DC052003 [3 CDs], Windows Server 2003, OFFICE SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL V2003 - MICROSOFT [5 CDs], vs.net 2003 [10 CDs], LIVE COMMUNICATIONS SERVER 2003 STANDARD *ENGLISH*
Wasatch Softrip V4.5 DC052003 [3 CDs], Windows Server 2003, OFFICE SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL V2003 - MICROSOFT [5 CDs], vs.net 2003 [10 CDs], LIVE COMMUNICATIONS SERVER 2003 STANDARD *ENGLISH* - MICROSOFT, IBM Everyplace Mobile Device Enterprise Toolkit v2.0 WS, AutoRoute 2004 [2 CDs], MapPoint Europe 2004 [2 CDs], DVD 01 Microsoft Encarta Reference Library Plus DVD 2004, Paloalto Business Plan Pro 2004, Peachtree First Accounting 2004, for more .nfo, please send e-mail -> tel2003@pathfinder.gr, tel2003@popmail.com, msteve@otenet.gr, and for the complete list of 12,000 PC tutorials, for 300 Medical CDs and DVDs, and 400 MAC tutorials ...

Really really confused: Matlab's tricky window behavior on Linux, Windows 2000 and Window XP (was: why my matlab program on Linux and Windows XP behave so differently?)
"gino" <mizhael@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:cd5a6s$due$1@news.Stanford.EDU... > Hi folks, > > The matlab program is supposed to be cross platform compatible. Since matlab > uses Java, it should behave the same for the GUI to display on Windows XP > and Linux. But now, the GUI window was completely random showing on Linux > and on Windows XP. Manu UI control components are off their place. If I fix > this problem on Linux, the the UI controls will be off their place on > Windows; if I fix this problem on Windows, then the UI controls will be off >...

VW 7.5 behavior while dragging a window on Windows XP
Can anyone tell me how to keep VW 7.5 from erasing the contents of all the VW windows while dragging another VW window? I can wipe out the contents of all of my windows as if the window being dragged is a giant eraser in a paint program! It repaints when the drag operation is complete, but is very annoying! Note that VW windows retain their contents if I drag a window across them from another program (like this browser, for example). Is this a Windows thing? It seems like I am missing a checkbox somewhere that says something like "repaint windows while dragging!" Th...

Deployment of SNMP on all windows devices, windows XP , 2003 server
I was thinking one could use VBS or a login script to install SNMP components and services, using something like psexec. the client computers are windows xp pro with limited user accounts. And a few windows 2003 servers. Any one have any ideas? ...

Deployment of SNMP on all windows devices, windows XP , 2003 server
I was thinking one could use VBS or a login script to install SNMP components and services, using something like psexec. the client computers are windows xp pro with limited user accounts. And a few windows 2003 servers. Any one have any ideas? ...

Windows NT vs Windows 2000 vs Windows XP
Hi, I am pretty ignorant when it comes to computers. I posted in another thread that I just purchased a used computer for close to nothing. I have an old windows NT workstation which I plan on installing. My question is : A friend of mine can sell me a Windows 2000 or Windows XP license for cheap. Is there any reason I need to spend $40 to buy any one of these two operating systems for an old Pentium II computer, instead of a free windows NT workstation system that I already have ? For general home use : access internet, typing documents, etc, is there any difference in us...

How do I remotely access Scheduled Tasks from Windows XP to Windows Server 2003?
How can I access and manipulate Scheduled Tasks in Windows using Python? I have a Windows XP workstation running Python 2.4.4 using the win32all modules to control the windows services on multiple Windows 2003 servers. It works great. However, I also need to remotely collect the settings for the scheduled tasks (on those same Windows 2003 servers) and then manipulate those task settings. At the very least, I need to find out which ones are enabled and then be able to disable and re-enable those tasks at will. It would be better to be able to also detect the account each task runs as so that I could only disable selected tasks, but I'll any help I can get. Thanks, "kj7ny" wrote: > How can I access and manipulate Scheduled Tasks in Windows using > Python? > > I have a Windows XP workstation running Python 2.4.4 using the > win32all modules to control the windows services on multiple Windows > 2003 servers. It works great. > > However, I also need to remotely collect the settings for the > scheduled tasks (on those same Windows 2003 servers) and then > manipulate those task settings. > > At the very least, I need to find out which ones are enabled and then > be able to disable and re-enable those tasks at will. It would be > better to be able to also detect the account each task runs as so that > I could only disable selected tasks, but I'll any help I can get. > > Thanks, > Pywin32 comes with a ...

WINDOWS XP PRO --> WINDOWS 2003 SERVER
Hello, I want to add to the domain a computer but I can't. Client PC with Windows XP Pro can only see itself and the same with the windows 2003 server. The ping doesn't work. Maybe the problems are the IP numbers? Hardware is correctly installed and appears in both computers the network icon working. Can someone help me? Thanks in advance. PeeWee You must get basic network TCP/IP connectivity working first. PING tests will help. Once that happens then try joining the PC to the domain. Can you describe your network and TCP/IP network addressing? ...

Question regarding python2.5 migration from windows xp to windows 7
Hi, We have a Python based test framework which is being used in various projects. Our current environment is Python (ver 2.5.1) wxPython (wxPython2.8-win32-ansi-2.8.6.0-py25) pywin32-210.win32-py2.5 vcredist_x86.exe pyserial-2.2 Our Framework is being currently used in Windows XP. The issue is: Soon our environment will be migrated from Windows XP to Windows 7. In this regard, I would be in need of suggestions/ideas/information regarding migration of our existing framework into windows 7 environment. Do i need to migrate our framework from Python 2.5 to either Python ...

Putty from Windows XP to Windows 2000 pro server
I've been using Putty telnet for some time (and very satisfactorily) to connect to a Solaris server. Now I'm trying to use it to connect to a Windows 2000 server. The character based application on the server uses tip files to control screen addressing - line draw chars, cursor movement, reverse type etc. - and to interpret function, delete, insert keys etc. However I can't find a combination of putty configuration setting and tip file which is entirely OK. On unix it's easy to trap function key sequences and modify tip files, but how do you do this on windows? I'd be grateful for help with this. ...

could not telnet windows XP to unix box through windows 2000 server configured as a router
Anyone, Please help! ...

installing "oracle 81.5 for windows nt" on windows xp/2000
Hi I'm using Pentium IV 3.0 GHz (HT enabled) with Windows XP (SP2) as my home pc. I was able to install Oracle 8.1.5 Enterprise Edition for Windows NT in this machine (perhaps, successfully) . Immediately upon installing, I was able to login and create a user, and things like that. But after i shutdown and restart the OS, the OracleStartServiceId service is shown as "Starting" in the windows services utility(start->settings->control panel->administrative tools->services) and the service would not just start. All other oracle services are able to get started and runni...

SilverStream 3.7.5 running on Windows 2003 Server
Does any one know if SilverStream 3.7.5 can run on a Windows 2003 server? If it can, Do you know how to get it working? thanks for any help! Scott ...

Multicast NTP client for Windows XP and Server 2000/2003
I want to replace W32TIME on all PCs and servers in a single domain with six different sites with a very accurate time service. I want something that is easy to globally deploy and manage and I want to use Multicast rather than client polling to to set the clocks. Domain II time from Symmetricom does all this but it uses a proprietary time protocol and would prefer to stick with NTP. Can anyone recommend a NTP option that supports multicast synchronization and works on Windows XP (SP2), Windows 2000 SP4 and Windows 2003 SP1. Thank you ...

Installing "oralce 8i (8.1.5) for windows nt" on windows xp/2000
Hi I'm using Pentium IV 3.0 GHz (HT enabled) with Windows XP (SP2) as my home pc. I was able to install Oracle 8.1.5 Enterprise Edition for Windows NT in this machine (perhaps, successfully) . Immediately upon installing, I was able to login and create a user, and things like that. But after i shutdown and restart the OS, the OracleStartServiceId service is shown as "Starting" in the windows services utility(start->settings->control panel->administrative tools->services) and the service would not just start. All other oracle services are able to get started and running. I also installed on windows 2000, same result as mentioned above. Now, please help me with the following : 1. Is it problem of installing of oracle database meant for windows nt but installed on windows xp 2. Is it Pentium-IV related problem. 3. Is it Pentium-IV HT related prob. (disabling HT in the bios solves the prob?) Appreciate greatly for the HELP to overcome this installation problem. TIA Best regards dream liner ...

installing "oracle 8i (8.1.5) for windows nt" on windows xp/2000
Hi I'm using Pentium IV 3.0 GHz (HT enabled) with Windows XP (SP2) as my home pc. I was able to install Oracle 8.1.5 Enterprise Edition for Windows NT in this machine (perhaps, successfully) . Immediately upon installing, I was able to login and create a user, and things like that. But after i shutdown and restart the OS, the OracleStartServiceId service is shown as "Starting" in the windows services control panel and the service would not just start. All other oracle services are able to get started and running. I also installed on windows 2000, same result as mentioned above. Now, please help me with the following : 1. Is it problem of installing of oracle database meant for windows nt but installed on windows xp 2. Is it Pentium-IV related problem. 3. Is it Pentium-IV HT related prob. (disabling HT in the bios solves the prob?) Appreciate greatly for the HELP to overcome this installation problem. TIA Best regards dream liner <venugopal.sistla@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1135827253.474446.317520@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Hi > I'm using Pentium IV 3.0 GHz (HT enabled) with Windows XP (SP2) as my > home pc. I was able to install Oracle 8.1.5 Enterprise Edition for > Windows NT in this machine (perhaps, successfully) . Immediately upon > installing, I was able to login and create a user, and things like > that. > > But after i shutdown and restart the OS, the OracleStart...

Installation of "oracle 8i (8.1.5) for windows nt" on windows xp/2000
dream liner Dec 28, 9:29 am show options Newsgroups: comp.databases.oracle.server From: "dream liner" <venugopal.sis...@gmail.com> - Find messages by this author Date: 27 Dec 2005 20:29:14 -0800 Local: Wed, Dec 28 2005 9:29 am Subject: installing "oracle 81.5 for windows nt" on windows xp/2000 Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse Hi I'm using Pentium IV 3.0 GHz (HT enabled) with Windows XP (SP2) as my home pc. I was able to install Oracle 8.1.5 Enterprise Edition for Windows NT in this machine (perhaps...

filemaker server 5 and windows 2000 server
I wave a win2000 fileserver supporting 10 workstations. Do you thing that is possible to install FM server on the same system to support 3 FM concurrent users (for a small database) or should I use a dedicated machine just for FM server (witch I don't have). You may want to try, no harm in doing so, but the rule says : "always = put FMServer on a dedicated machine". Such a machine may be a very small = modern one with Windows XP Professional for a cost of say 300 dollars. Remi-Noel "Hatzigiannakis Nikos" <nikos@ypai.gr> a =E9crit dans le message de = news: cl...

Web resources about - Windows Script 5.7 for Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 - comp.lang.javascript

The Windows Blog

'Please save my baby': dramatic footage as the man who caught baby dropped from burning apartment window ...
The mystery man who saved a newborn baby dropped by his mother out of a burning apartment window has been found, as dramatic footage sheds new ...

Apple confirms it will livestream March 21st event for iOS, Mac, Apple TV and Windows users
Apple has confirmed it will be livestreaming its just-announced March 21st media event , expected to feature several product unveilings including ...

Hands-On With the Android N Developer Beta: Multi-Window & More
Yesterday Google surprised a number of people by launching the developer beta of the next release of Android, which is codenamed Android N. Normally ...

Android N’s multi-window multitasking mode is a very promising start
Andrew Cunningham Here's Android N's multi-window mode on a Nexus 9 running the first Android N preview. Note how the normally square recent ...

Best Windows apps this week
One-hundred and seventy-one in a series. Welcome to this week's overview of the best apps and games released for Windows 8.x and Windows 10 in ...

Microsoft is using an Internet Explorer security patch to shove more 'Upgrade to Windows 10' nagware ...
If you've got a Windows 7 or Windows 8x computer that is not owned and managed by your company, and you haven't upgraded it to Windows 10 yet, ...

Sydney mom drops baby and toddler from 2nd floor window
... say a mother trapped by fire in her Sydney apartment has safely dropped her 2-day-old baby and 2 year-old toddler from a second-floor window ...