automatic naming of files based on the readed file name?

Using "write labview measurement file" and "read labview measurement
file". For example:
Readed_file.dat
Readed_file_written.dat
0
x9561 (148440)

I recommended u to try "Long Path Tool" program .before I have problem like this. and after I found long path tool and now my problem solved

markian
markian (6)

output file name based on original file name
I have a simple txt parsing script that I'd like to have the output be named after the original text file. original = original.txt output = original_output.txt I'm just doing a simple file.open, and couldn't find anything. File.open('output.txt', 'w') do |f2| File.readlines("original.txt").each do |line| Thanks in advance for any help. -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. Collin Moore wrote: > I have a simple txt parsing script that I'd like to have the output be > named after the original text file. > > original = original.tx...

file names, reading files
Hello, I have a basic question about reading files. I have several data files where the filenames are identical except for a short (3 character) prefix. I inherited this code and the person who developed it was making a duplicate of each file and then deleting the prefix on the copied file so the following statement could read a generic "filename": ifstream inFile("filename", ios::out); There are 20 files so I'd like to avoid this manual operation each time I run the program. I want to add a prefix to the string "filename" before reading the file so I d...

Moving files based on file name
This is the scenario: I have the following ZIP files in a directory. The numbers represent versions (the highest number is the latest version of the file). mercury001.zip mercury002.zip mercury003.zip venus122.zip venus123.zip venus124.zip mars005.zip mars006.zip mars007.zip I wanted to keep the latest version and move (copy and delete) the rest to an archive directory. The directory should only contain the following files: mercury003.zip venus124.zip mars007.zip I am a novice PERL developer. How do I accomplish this? Would appreciate some examples. Thanks! Tor Here is one way to d...

How to pass NCDF files name to text files names?
Folks I am reading some NCDF files like this: pathName=3D"d:\p\" List =3D findfile(pathName+"*.nc") nosFiles=3DN_ELEMENTS(List) data =3D ptrarr(nosFiles) for i =3D 0, nosFiles - 1 do begin ncid =3D NCDF_OPEN(list[i]) NCDF_VARGET, ncid, 0, lon NCDF_VARGET, ncid, 1, lat NCDF_VARGET, ncid, 2, concentration NCDF_CLOSE, ncid ; Close the NetCDF file *Here I need to save all of my files (in text format) in arrays with 3 columns and with name of NCDF file that I am reading (for instance: L3b_20070716.txt, L3b_20070717 and so on)* Endfor In another word I need to pass my NCD...

How to copy a file to a file with a prefixed file name
I'm trying to write a program that will archive selected files to an archive directory. The files in the archive directory will have a prefix in the format yyyymmdd-hhmmss-filename.ext. So, if the file is called "somefile.dat", then the filename in the archive directory should be "20090522-164325-somefile.dat". I'm using Clipper's COPY FILE command to do the copy. I can't figure out how to get the prefix in front of the file name. Creating the prefix string is no problem, but I can't figure out how to tack that onto the front of the filename. If I...

how to read a file with non-ascii file name
Hi, Does anyone know how to open a FileInputStream on a file with non-ascii file name? I have some code like the following: *************************************************************** import java.io.*; public class CopyFile { public static void main(String[] args) throws IOException { File src = new File(args[0]); File dest = new File(args[1]); File[] list = src.listFiles(); for ( int i = 0; i < list.length; i++ ) { int len = (int) list[i].length(); byte[] buf = new byte[len]; DataInputStream in ...

Move files based on file names in table
I've seen a couple postings on moving files to folders with set source and destination paths, but I still need a little help taking it a step further. I have a folder with 2,000 Word docs that I generated using Word automation. Since the file names were generated from a table in Access, I would then like to use Access to sort those files into various folder based on names stored within the table. For example: There is a Word doc named "Account Management - ADA Compliance.doc" My table shows that the location of this file should be "B - Account and Benefit Administration...

Automatically read the file name
Hi, All; I am wondering if there is a way to automatically read the file name into a macro, i.e. if I have saved the program as a .sas file, and want the file name. Thank you in advance for your suggestions. Best regards, Amy If you're executing a .sas file in batch mode, try using the &SYSPROCESSNAME automatic macro variable to find out the file name. http://support.sas.com/onlinedoc/913/getDoc/en/mcrolref.hlp/a001071968.htm There's a corresponding function, too. Andrew Amy Sun wrote: > Hi, All; > > I am wondering if there is a way to automatically read the file n...

How to get the file name from a String containing the path plus the file name?
Hi, I have a String "dirA/dirB/dirC/file.txt". How to use String manipulation technique to get "file.txt"? String fullName = "dirA/dirB/dirC/file.txt"; int index = fullName.lastIndexOf("\\"); //here is a problem, if I try lastIndexOf("\"), there is a compile error String fileName = fullName.subString(index); //but does not work Thank you very much. ps: I am working on linux. www wrote: > Hi, > > I have a String "dirA/dirB/dirC/file.txt". How to use String > manipulation technique to get "...

How to get short file name (8.3) from long file name
Hello Group, Any way in xHarbour to get the short file name, i.e. xxxxxx~1.ext, from a long file name? I want to use an old utility program that accepts only short file names with the RUN command. Klaus has a Clipper function in his LF_ library but since I am working with a large file, I want to see if xHarbour can process it faster. (btw, thanks again Klaus, for the LF_ library). Thanks, Ted On Mar 12, 7:27 am, Ted <ted.kobaya...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello Group, > > Any way in xHarbour to get the short file name, i.e. xxxxxx~1.ext, > from a long file name? I want to ...

how do I tell a browser the name of a file, for download, if the file has open space in its name?
I've got a music studio for a client. Their whole studio is run with Macintosh computers. Macintosh computers allow file names to have open white spaces, such as "animal hospital.mp3". I have a download script, so customers on the website can download MP3s to their harddrive (rather than merely listen to it in their browsers): $fileToBuy = $_GET["fileToBuy"]; if ($fileToBuy) { $pathToFile = "temporary_files/$fileToBuy"; if (!file_exists($pathToFile)) $pathToFile = "site_specific_files/ $fileToBuy"; if (!file_exists($pathToFile)) $pathToFile =...

[ace-users] Re: Too long file names and duplicate file names.
Hi David, > I attach the .DOC file with the errors. Great, thanks very much! I've put this file at http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt/Doc_unzip.doc in case people are interested. > The Y/N char in blue next to each of the duplicate indicates what > was my response to the choices. I chose "Y" when the second file > was larger or have a more recent date, which is of course stupid... > because I figured out later that we are talking about different > files by their content. All of these files are documentation files auto-generated by D...

Admin Process: File name: NAMES.NSF; Name:
As Administrator I recently change my name. Now every time the AdminP start I get this. 2005-02-09 04:59:03 Admin Process: File name: NAMES.NSF; Name: << MY OLD NAME>> : User name not found in Name and Address Book What have I missed ? Where to look TIA. "McDuff" <Mc@Duff.is> wrote: >As Administrator I recently change my name. > >Now every time the AdminP start I get this. > >2005-02-09 04:59:03 Admin Process: File name: NAMES.NSF; Name: << MY OLD >NAME>> : User name not found in Name and Address Book > ...

Saving a file with a dynamic file name based on date.
I'm trying to have some of my syntax automatically save a file based on today's date. Would you happen to know if this is possible? For example, one of the things I do is I define a Macro called: " define !ALL2006 ()'c:\SPSS\SPSS Archived Files\GR applicant ALL2006 120105.sav'!enddefine." Then when I want to save a file I called the Macro: "SAVE OUTFILE=!ALL2006 /COMPRESSED." What I want to do is have the "120105" part be dynamic. Try to use system variables. For example $JDATE, $DATE or $TIME. ...

Web resources about - automatic naming of files based on the readed file name? - comp.lang.labview

Semi-automatic pistol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A semi-automatic pistol is a type of handgun which uses a single chamber and barrel , with a mechanism powered by the previous shot to load a ...

Connecticut Secretary of State proposes automatic voter registration through the DMV
... submitted draft legislation to her state legislature’s General Administration and Elections Committee that would establish a system of automatic ...

Snapseed picks up automatic lens blur, auto-straighten modes and more in latest update
... one of the best photo editing applications on Android, is getting an update to version 2.3 starting today. There are a handful of new automatic ...

New 3D-printed 9mm semi-automatic pistol debuts
... On Sunday, a West Virginia carpenter who goes by the name "Derwood" released a new video (above) of his "Shuty-MP1" firearm, a small semi-automatic ...

Capture desktop activity with Automatic Screenshotter
... record what’s happening on your PC. Until you try it, and are left sorting through folders packed with pointless, near-identical images. Automatic ...

Stop automatic Windows 10 upgrades without installing any extra software
It's a new year, but that doesn't mean Microsoft is giving up on converting all of its users to Windows 10 . In fact, the notifications are as ...

New proposals in Olympia include incentives for low rents, automatic voter registration, gun restrictions ...
Seattle may not be able to force landlords to lower rents (yet), but a bill in the State Legislature could incentivize them to do so. A bipartisan ...

Automatic-braking study proves it's massively beneficial
The IIHS' first in-depth look at this type of system shows that it's reducing collisions and cutting down on related injuries.

Park Rangers Illegally Used Tax Dollars To Buy Automatic Rifles And Flashbangs
Park Rangers Illegally Used Tax Dollars To Buy Automatic Rifles And Flashbangs

Trailer – Adelaide Clemens, Joseph Cross Click In ‘The Automatic Hate’
Here’s one of the more intriguing indie traders to come across the transom: The Automatic Hate , from Emmy and Gotham Award-wining director Justin ...