My problem with matlab script node is related to calling function in matlab.  I created an m-file function that takes an imput temperature (from DAQ) and defines a material property.  My matlab script node doesn't seem to recognize my function.  I have placed the function in the folder the vi is currently located, but it doesn't read it.  How do I get matlab script node to read the functions I create in matlab?
0
x9561 (148441)

Add the directory to matlab path, or call the .m file with it full name ( D:\..... \myfile.m)
0
x9561 (148441)
7/9/2008 6:40:04 AM
Let me clarify,

I have pasted my matlab code into the matlab scrip node.

In this code, I have called a subfunction that I have created.

Example
k(n)=k_c(T(n))
where
k_c is a subfunction I have created.

How do I get my code in the node to sucessfully read the subfunction k_c?

0
x9561 (148441)
7/9/2008 5:10:05 PM
As indicated, you need to add the directory where the .m file containing the function resides to the list of paths that are read in. This is your startup.m file. The other option is to do a "cd" command prior to calling your function to change to the directory where the .m file  containing the function resides.
0
x9561 (148441)
7/9/2008 5:10:08 PM
Thanks for reiterating the information.  My matlab script node is working properly.  I had never used the "cd" command in matlab.  I always set the working directory when I open the program, and put all the m files into that folder.
0
x9561 (148441)

how to call matlab file to another matlab file
Hey friends, i am working on simulation of power system using matlab. for that i have written codes for generation side and line side separately. Now i want to use the result of generation file to line file....so how can i use the result of one file to another.... eg i have gen.m file from that i can get hourly gen data....now i want to compare that data to line.....and line modelling is done in separate file line.m so i want to call result of gen.m file to line.m file..... waiting for ur valuable suggestion thanks ...

MATLAB COMPILER: compiling multiple m files that calls other m files
HI! I'm trying to compile a program writen in one m file which serves as a menu and it calls other m files (GUI's). The problem is that i have several functions (m files) in several directories (wich i�ve included in the first menu), so i want to compile all the m files wich are called by the first and so on. I�ve tryed to compile the menu doing: mcc -m menu.m, but it gives an error when i push a button to open another GUI. Can someone tell me how to compile a GUI wich calls other GUI's? Thanks Rui Deus : > > You need to tell the mcc compiler where these other m-files are...

How to set path for .M files. How to include, and verify a file in the MATLAB path. In other words I wish to learn how to setup the path for .M file in MATLAB path? Thanks.
undefined ...

How to set path for .M files. How to include, and verify a file in the MATLAB path. In other words I wish to learn how to setup the path for .M file in MATLAB path? Thanks. #2
undefined ...

calling Matlab .m file from C
Hi, I am trying to call a matlab function from C. There are 2 ways that I have tried, and have been unsuccessful with both. 1) The first method is from: <http://prism.mem.drexel.edu/Shah/public_html/c2matlab.htm> I have this one working (with the plot), but I tried adding the following: engEvalString(ep, "testingMatlab (temp1,temp2)"); where testingMatlab is a .m file which contains a function named testingMatlab and simply adds the 2 numbers temp1 and temp2. This did nothing. Did I miss something here or is there someother way of calling the function? I also tried to add eng...

MATLAB files (M-files)
Hello All, Could anyone explain with me why MATLAB files (M-files) execute slower than compiled written in other languages such as C,C++ and Fortran? Give me the significant slow of M-files to be compiled Thank you. ...

Matlab abort when calling system generator function from a normal matlab file
Hi, I implemented some functions using system generator (simulink) and I need to perform some statistical analysis on these functions which involves multi-colouring test. I wrote a matlab file to call these functions inside of a for loop. But for some reason, after a few runs, Matlab just automatically quit without any warning or error messages. Does anyone know why this is happening? At least any suggestion on whether it's Matlab's problem or system generator's problem? Any help would be appreciated. Joy ...

Display Matlab messages when the function is called by Labview via Matlab script
I use Labview (version 6.1) to send variables to Matlab (version 7.0.4) via Matlab script and&nbsp;I would like to display some message on the command window of Matlab. The messages are displayed&nbsp;when I call my Matlab function from the command window of Matlab but not when&nbsp;the&nbsp;function is called&nbsp;from Labview. &nbsp; Do you have any idea how to solve this problem ? &nbsp; Regards, &nbsp; Julien. ...

Get variable from another m-file and place it in current m-file in Matlab
Hi there, How I have a matlab file that calculates a variable "l".Now i want to call this "l" variable in another matlab file I am working on. How do i do this please? Urgent!! On 11/14/2012 4:39 AM, Francis Etu-Menson wrote: > Hi there, > How I have a matlab file that calculates a variable "l".Now i want to call this "l" variable >in another matlab file I am working on. How do i do this please? Urgent!! > The first function A() will return this variable "L" as its return value. Then you can pass this variable "L" to the second function B() as an argument. Like this L = A() B(L) ...

Calling Compiled MATLAB from MATLAB
Hello everyone, How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to be to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), then compile this C code into MEX format and call that. Is there an easier way? I have the MATLAB compiler, so I just need to know what to do with it to get this to work. Thanks in advance, Sina sina.tootoonian wrote: > > > Hello everyone, > > How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called > from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to > be > to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), > then > compile this C code into MEX format and call that. Is there an > easier > way? I have the MATLAB compiler, so I just need to know what to do > with > it to get this to work. > > Thanks in advance, > > Sina > > HELP MEX > HELP MEX Or, better, HELP MCC help pcode pseudo code is useful to obfuscate code - protect algorithms, yet still run at full speed and be distributable to other matlab users sina.tootoonian wrote: > > > Hello everyone, > > How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called > from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to > be > to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), > then > compile this C code into MEX format and call that...

How to call another .m file within a matlab program
Hello - I have two programs - one main one that is supposed to call another one. How do I call the smaller matlab program within the main one? I get error. Do I have to import it or something? Thanks! On May 4, 3:48=A0pm, samantha <samdomvi...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hello - I have two programs - one main one that is supposed to call anothe= r one. How do I call the smaller matlab program within the main one? I get e= rror. Do I have to import it or something? Thanks! -------------------------------------- samantha: No, you just call it. Just put the name of the m file on a lin...

How to call MATLAB m file from Excel (VBA code)
I'm looking for a vba code which helps me to call MATLAB m file from Excel. Thanks On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 12:27:58 -0400, <amirhosein.norouzi@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm looking for a vba code which helps me to call MATLAB m file from > Excel. > > Thanks http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/matlab_external/f135590.html#f133975 Or paste this in the MATLAB command window: web([docroot,'/techdoc/matlab_external/f135590.html#f133975']) ...

How to call member function of class in another m file in matlab?
How can call class function,and initialize object of class in another file.m , when calling from command window its work but I wanna call function from m file. i have folder:@myClassName. "foozhan " <hani.hasani@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:lrve3a$gu7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > How can call class function,and initialize object of class in another > file.m , when calling from command window its work but I wanna call > function from m file. > > i have folder:@myClassName. If it's a static method, use the class name. If it's an i...

matlab calling DLL vs. .exe calling matlab engine
Hello, I'm writing an 3D image recognition which sends commands via RS232 to a Robot which moves to the point in 3D. The problem is the serial interface: sending string commands via serial/fprintf is very slow (I really don't know what matlab makes before sending them) in comparison to e.g. Windows hyperterminal. My question is if it is better to execute a dll out of Matlab-code doing the serial things or viceversus writing a program in c++ which uses the matlab-engine ? What could be the fastest way? What are advantages/disadvantages ? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advanc...

Shall i use the misrosoft Visual c++ code from a m-file generated from matlab in Visual C++ with out matlab runtime environment
undefined ...

How to Make an M-File EXE File in MatLab
I am currently using R12 of matLab. How can I make an M-File as EXE File? (Anyone can run the EXE File even without MatLab installed in their PC's) What you need is the Matlab Compiler. I understand that the folks in mathworks charge something around the $5000 for it... *BUT* even the compiler, I think, is only supported I in R14. Google "matlab compiler" and see what you'll find. Y. No other way of doing it. Aiza Modesto wrote: > > > I am currently using R12 of matLab. > How can I make an M-File as EXE File? > (Anyone can run the EXE File even without MatLab installed in their > PC's) Aiza Modesto wrote: > > > I am currently using R12 of matLab. > How can I make an M-File as EXE File? > (Anyone can run the EXE File even without MatLab installed in their > PC's) I refer the honourable gentleman to the answers posted on eng-tips in response to this question. That before the thread was deleted. You might have a look at the O-Matrix Development Kit, http://www.omatrix.com/omrte.html. It can be a much more affordable route for creating royalty-free, standalone distributions. "Yoav Mor" <mor_yoav@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ef1c874.0@webx.raydaftYaTP... > What you need is the Matlab Compiler. > I understand that the folks in mathworks charge something around the > $5000 for it... *BUT* even the compiler, I think, is only supported I > in R14. > > Google "matlab ...

how to open .pdf files from Matlab .m files
i hav developed a software in matlab and want to add user manuals(.pdf format) to this software. i want to open these pdf files by clicking on a button on the main GUI.please if anybody can help... waiting for an urgent reply.. Thanks... muazma wrote: > > > i hav developed a software in matlab and want to add user > manuals(.pdf > format) to this software. i want to open these pdf files by > clicking on > a button on the main GUI.please if anybody can help... > waiting for an urgent reply.. > Thanks... > > Simply add ! before the pdf file you want to execute ...

Published m-files and Matlab File Exchange
Hi, I have a problem with controlling Published m-files while submitting to Matlab File Exchange. According to <http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/codepad.jsp>: To submit a Published M-file, include the HTML folder generated by MATLAB in your zip directory. Your HTML documents will be automatically linked from the Published M-files section of your file page. Try it!". I did tried it and sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. Lately I updated 2 of my libraries: "PhotonAttenuation 2" and "xml_io_tools" both have zip files with Matlab gener...

methods to call matlab in C C++ and call C C++ in matlab
Hi, I am reading the help documents about how to program matlab and C C++ together and my questions are a little bit general. It seems that are several ways to call matlab in C C++ and another several ways to call C C++ in matlab. Please correct me if I am wrong or missing something when I try to list them. To call matlab code in C C++, are there two methods available? The first one is Matlab engine and the second one is to use MATLAB Compiler mcc to create C or C++ shared libraries from your MATLAB code. To call C C++ in matlab, are there also two methods? The first one is to call funct...

How to call matlab functions directly from C++ /without calling matlab engine
How to call matlab functions directly from C++ without calling matlab engine. as it is described in this tutorial: http://www.codeproject.com/samples/matlab_cpp.asp I have tried to do something similar in Visual Studio 2005 [Matlab 7, r14] #include <mclcppclass.h> .... mwArray A, B, C; A = magic(mwArray(5)); B = transpose(A); .... but it doesn't compile. I got following errors: error C3861: 'magic': identifier not found error C3861: 'transpose': identifier not found etc... I was looking for header files with declarations of this functions in matlab directory...

convert a .mat file (Matlab 6.5) to a .mat file(Matlab 4)
Hello I've just started using a program, and i need to import data to this program. There are other options but I prefer to import it from matlab...but this program only support matlab 4 version. I want to convert it my file but i son't know why....I've proved with save as..but i had no chance. What i have to do?Someone can help me? Thank you very much! Bye!! Michael wrote: > Hello I've just started using a program, and i need to import data to > this program. There are other options but I prefer to import it from > matlab...but this program only support matlab 4 v...

Compiling Matlab file which contain call to exe file
I have a matlab file which contains a call to an .exe file by: eval(['program.exe']); When I run this from matlab, 'program.exe' works perfectly well. Further when I compile the matlab function, the compiled program do not run smooth when it comes to the call to 'program.exe'. Is there a problem compiling a matlab program wich already has a call to an executable file? I do not have the source code for this 'program.exe'. Do you have a solution to this? That is the error message? Is it during the execution of the mcc command? What version of MATLAB do you have?...

Matlab m-files and simulink model files are not read
My problem is how can I open the m-files and simulink model There is no Graphical Icon Display for both m-files or simulink model files. Please help how to retrieve their icon display and also i donot see any display for MATLAB when I open MATLAB program only blank sheet MY OS is windows 7 Thanks "A" <dragonboy.ali@gmail.com> wrote in message news:if38v0$gev$1@fred.mathworks.com... > My problem is how can I open the m-files and simulink model The commands OPEN or EDIT will work for script or function files with the .m extension; OPEN or ...

how to connect m-file with fis file in matlab..??? #2
hi, Do anyone know how to connect matlab m-file which written for GUI question dialog box that get input from user and check on FIS file in fuzzy logic to get the out put???? or how to call fis on m-file?? ...

Web resources about - Call Matlab m-file from Matlab Scrip Node - comp.lang.labview

Undocumented Matlab
Undocumented, unsupported and hidden features in Matlab

Matlab Upazila - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... 23°21′N 90°42.5′E  /  23.35°N 90.7083°E  / 23.35; 90.7083 Coordinates : 23°21′N 90°42.5′E  /  23.35°N 90.7083°E  / 23.35; 90.7083 Matlab ...

Open Directory - Science: Math: Software: MATLAB
The MathWorks - Developers of MATLAB, Simulink and Stateflow. Offers products for data analysis, visualization, application development, simulation, ...

MATLAB Mobile on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about MATLAB Mobile. Download MATLAB Mobile and enjoy it on your iPhone, ...

The Smart Emergency Response System Using MATLAB and Simulink - YouTube
In the aftermath of an earthquake, every second counts for disaster victims. Imagine a system that can locate people quickly and help first responders ...

The A-Z of Programming Languages: MATLAB
What prompted the development of MATLAB?

Matlab: Invalid .NET Framework. Either the specified framework was not found or is not currently supported ...
If you are trying to compile Matlab into .Net framework, you might encounter this message, even though you have the .Net framework installed ...

Matlab edges closer to electronic design automation world
Matlab, one of the world's most widely used products for algorithmic development, has long occupied its own niche far removed from EDA and hardware ...

Can I/How do I use DMTCP with a parallel pool of MATLAB workers? · Issue #223 · dmtcp/dmtcp · GitHub
dmtcp - DMTCP: Distributed MultiThreaded CheckPointing matlab -nodisplay -r "parpool('local',4); parfor i=1:10, pause(1); fprintf('%i ',i); end; ...

Using MATLAB and SDR to Reverse Engineer 433MHz Messages
... so he focused on studying the methodology and the tools available for analyzing 433MHz RF transmission. He describes the process of using MATLAB ...