calling library func with stream fails under linux

On Mandriva Linux I created a shared object (.so) lib with following code; #include <sstream>extern "C" int test(const char* c){   std::stringstream s(c);    int i;  s >> i;  return i;} No when I try to call test from LabVIEW using a 'Call Library Function Node', I get an error (see attached error_message.jpg) trying to configure it.I get the same error when I open the vi (see attached test_vi.jpg).When I build the same code into a dll under Windows the same test_vi runs perfectly.In other occasions where we used (string)streams more embedded in the library we were able tostart up the vi but problems occurred when running it.It seems that using 'Call Library Function Node' with libraries with C++ streams in it, is not possible with Linux LabVIEW.Any thoughts?

error_message.jpg:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/248708/1/error_message.jpg

test_vi.jpg:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/248708/2/test_vi.jpg
0
x9561 (148439)

Why Linux has failed, and why Linux will fail again.
http://virtuelvis.com/archives/2004/01/linux-failed "While Linux-whiners may argue all that we want that Windows is not about freedom, I'll state the opposite: Windows is all about freedom. Windows is freedom from complicated choices, it's freedom from having to learn something new, something not really relevant to the task you want to do." A 2004 article, still valid 7 years later! Linux market-share dropped since 2004. http://www.google.com/press/zeitgeist/jan04_pie.gif 1% ==> 0.91% -- Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead "By the time Microsoft released the Windo...

Labview Dll call library function Causing Labview to unload
I am trying to use the Call Library function in Labview 7.1 to call an Init function for a Zathic Can4USB device. When I run the vi, it complete log LabView out of the computer. Can anyone tell me why the function totally unloads LV without displaying an error?   Thanks Either the function has a serious bug or you are calling it with invalid parameters or wrongly setup parameters. The problem happening here is that your DLL passes somehow invlid parameters to a system device driver and that driver causes a protection fault. For device driver execeptions which happen in the privileged...

calling matlab code in labview 5 using call library function
hai i have a problem........... i want to call matlab code through call library function or cal interface node and execute it in my labview 5.but as i configer the dll. file in my CLF, it shows error saying function not found in library. i want brief explanation of how to create dll.in matlab and how to call it in labview5 CLF.can anybody help me? divya shetty. :?: ...

Re : C++ Call to DLL made in LabVIEW Fails the second time it is called
Five years later, I have exactly the same problem with LabVIEW v.6.1 : It is impossible to call a function from a DLL which was loaded in a previous (ended) thread. Do you know if something had been solutionned in newer releases ?   Thanks in advance. Yes, this issue has been fixed in LabVIEW 8.0. Now, instead of using the first thread we spawn our own thread to handle the UI message pumping. I also wrote up an article on this with regards to getting the LabVIEW DLL to work in ASP.NET (where you have little control over threading). The same techniq...

Should I call C from LabVIEW or call LabVIEW from C?
I need to write some software and am trying to choose the best development environment. I currently use Borland C++ Builder to develop most of my software and have also used some LabVIEW occasionally. The new package I need to write has to provide several functions, some of which would be better in C++, some in LabVIEW and I am wondering whether to combine the two. So far, I have had a quick play around and called a very basic piece LabVIEW code, built into a dll, from some C++ code. I am about to try to reverse (create dll in C++ and call from LabVIEW) but would appreciate some advice on the ...

LabView 6.1 crashes when function in dll is called using call library function

How to call call a MATLAB shared library from another shared library
Hi, I have some Matlab generated dlls, now i want to call functions which are in those dlls from my class library. The library initializations are not being done from the library. How can i access those functions from a dll. Thank you in advance... Bye, srikanth ...

calling Matlab script from LabView failed
I was trying to call the Matlab script from LabView and my call failed with message: "The procedure entry point ...bla-bla-bla.. could not be located in the dynamic link library XmathTypes.dll". The message appears at the moment when I tried to place input/output terminals at border of Matlab script structure at LabView diagram. The LabView version is 7.1.1, the Matlab version is R14 SP1. The NI script dll's were updated from www.ni.com. What is wrong? How can I fix my problem? Hi I have tried to use MatLab Script in LabView in the block diagram. But I didn't know how to w...

[Simulink, S-functions] Calling Lapack++ library from a library called by a S-function
Hello fellow Simulink users, I am developing some C++ S-functions which call an external C++ library for physical computations. Library exports match the principal methods used by the runtime environment : (excerpt from the library header file :) __declspec( dllexport ) static MyPhisicalBlock* create( void ) ; __declspec( dllexport ) void set_parameters( double* foo, double* bar ) ; __declspec( dllexport ) void outputs( const double* const in1, double* out1, double* out2r ) ; __declspec( dllexport ) void derivatives( c...

Labview Call Library Node (DLL) Exception
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Hello,I cannot seem to find a way to cure this strage problem. I have a very simple Vi that does a DLL call to my 3rd party application (a PowerPC debugger tool). The vi's input is only a string which consists of a file location that initializes the debugger. I simply use a convert file path to string routine to call the DLL (see enclosed vi. gif file).Here's the problem: If I start up Labview, and call the routine with the default file path, I get an exception error (An exception occurred within the external code called by a Call Library Function Node --...

Linux, Linux, Linux

LabVIEW crashes in calling dynamically linked libraries
I am using LabVIEW 7.1 for Linux. &nbsp; I am interested in writing wrappers around Intel's OpenCV library. The Intel's OpenCV library contains image processing functions. I want to use LabVIEW in order to provide a "glue" for the OpenCV functions. &nbsp; Using C, I wrote up edge.c which will display a OpenCV HighGUI (basically a GUI window) and wait for an event from the keyboard before closing. It is a very simple program. It compiles and executes correctly. &nbsp; Using a Makefile, I created the Linux shared library .so file around it. A Linux .so shared librar...

system call and library call
hello, what is difference between system call and library function call? Does library function call can have context switch to kernel mode? regards, rahul > what is difference between system call and library function >call? Unless you are talking about a specific implementation, the spelling of the name. What is a system call on one machine may be a library function on another, and it can easily change between versions (e.g. when a legacy system call is now implemented as a library function that calls the new system call, re-arranging the arguments and results so it w...

Finding library call information (GNAT-Linux)
We are chasing some problems... that are rather interesting... The environment - is a Simulation... containing a Robot arm, etc... We are on a multi-processor system (2 Pentium IIIs) Now, when a particular version of the arm was delivered - constraint errors - typically having to do with double precision floating point started occuring... (very intermittently)... and when they occur... they occur in *flurries*... The personnel *instrumented* the code - and the results are very squirelly... Constaint Errors being returned for zero (a valid value) - other times... constraint erro...

Calling library functions in Linux kernel code
Hi, I have a few queries about calling library functions in Linux Kernel(module) code. What are the disadvantages of using printf instead of printk in kernel code ? I have also heard that it is unwise to use standard library functions in the kernel but was unable to understand why. Can someone please explain the reason for the same ? Thanks Linny Linny <linvin333@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a few queries about calling library functions in Linux > Kernel(module) code. > What are the disadvantages of using printf instead of printk in kernel > code ? The disadvantage is rat...

Shared Linux libraries in LabView 7.1
We are trying to transfer a rather large application from Windows to Linux. The major problem I seem to encounter is the use of shared libraries. We wrote a large part of our software in C, but when I try to make a shared library I do not succeed to export the functions. A first simple test file (with a meaningless little function) already gave the problem of not exporting the function in the shared library to LabVIEW. Not only are the functions not listed when configuring the Call Library Function node, typing the function name and providing the right arguments still gives the message that th...

System call and library call
This is one of the interview question this morning, hope someone can help out with this. Thanks. What is the different between System call and library call? leoman730 wrote: > This is one of the interview question this morning, hope someone can > help out with this. Thanks. > What is the different between System call and library call? > Here's another question. What's your C++ *language* question? As to your first, try Google or Wikipedia. On May 3, 3:32 pm, leoman730 <leoman...@gmail.com> wrote: > What is the different between System call and library call?...

Data Socket fails if built in DLL and called by Labview
I've placed a Data Socket Connection Open in a SubVi and tested this by running the VI. -&gt; No Problems. Then i've compiled a DLL from this Vi and started it from Visual C. -&gt; No problems Now, i've included this DLL in another VI and started this.&nbsp; Now i receive an Error. All Information is hardcoded in the DLL so there are no possiblities with parametrization. &nbsp; Does anyone have an Idea regarding this? &nbsp; &nbsp; Best regards Hacky hi there, i can confirm this with LabVIEW 7.1Win2000 SP4DataSocket 4.2 Errorcode is 56 "Timeout" ...

Dynamic Call to VIT that is a member of a LabVIEW Library (LVLIB)
Application is too complicated to post, so I will describe this in basic terms .. &nbsp; Consider these&nbsp;VIs as members of an lvlib. &nbsp;&nbsp; Template.VIT &nbsp;&nbsp; Template Launcher.vi &nbsp;&nbsp; func1.vi &nbsp; 'Template.VIT' and 'Template Launcher.vi' are public members of the lvlib. 'func1' is a private member of the lvlib. 'func1.vi' is a subVI on the block diagram of 'Template.VIT ' &nbsp; 'Template Launcher.vi' calls 'Template.VIT' dynamically. It gets a path to the VIT, uses tha...

[ace-users] fail to build static libraries on linux
On Mandrake Linux (version 10, 2.6.8 kernel) I am trying to a static version of the ACE (version 5.5) library (libACE.a). However, only shared libraries and not the static library is ever build. I can file full information when needed, but I suspect that I am not executing the right steps somehow. This is what I did after downloading and untarring the ACE distrubution : cd ACE_wrappers mkdir build cd build .../configure cd ace make static_libs_only=1 After this I only see the libtool library (.la) and the shared libraries (.so), no sign of static libraries (.a). No dou...

passing a parameter to a labview call library function node
Hi, I have a some labview code that I use to call a reference .dll.&nbsp; The .dll is written in winapi C++ and uses a library to open and perform tasks in a third party program.&nbsp; The third party software performs an analysis on some data and has several options that can be controlled with the library they provided, some of which require user input from labview. The C++ code I wrote had all the options hard coded in... I could change the options in the code, recompile, and everything worked fine. The next step was to pass one of the parameters through labview into my code.&...

MEX problem calling routines in shared library (Linux)
Ok, I have a real strange problem here. The situation is the following: I create a mex routine which is a layer between MATLAB and my implementation code which is contained in a shared library (.so library). So this code is linked dynamically at runtime with the mex driver. In this shared library, I have a function called mempool_create. It is defined there and it is called from this shared library. The problem is that not this mempool_create is being called, but a mempool_create routine which is defined in libmwcg_ir.so So it appears that by coincidense I have chosen a routine name that ...

How does LabVIEW convert string to char* when passing them to a Call Library Node?
I have a program which calls C++-based libraries which themself use external libraries (Qt). I pass strings to my library through the Call Library Node, and was wondering how the formatting goes? I have to interpret the char* according to Latin1, UTF-8, UTF-16, ... to convert them to a string which the Qt libraries understand. I need to use char* instead of LV strings, because the library is indepent of LabVIEW. It seems that interpreting the char* as Latin1 (default) does not work on Korean systems (for one of our customers), which is understandable when you know that the Latin character set ...

Calling LabVIEW Shared Library (dll) causes Access 2007 to hang
First of all, I didn't have any problem using Microsoft Access 2002/2003 to call a LabVIEW Shared Library until I upgraded to Access 2007.&nbsp; However, since I upgraded to Access 2007, the same code and build will not work.&nbsp; It causes Access and the LabVIEW runtime to hang.&nbsp; Here is what I'm doing:&nbsp; (I'm using the example found here: <a href="http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3188#toc0" target="_blank">http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3188#toc0</a>) &nbsp; First I created a shard library by building ...

Web resources about - calling library func with stream fails under linux - comp.lang.labview

Calling Dr. Death - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Calling Dr. Death (1943) is the first of the Universal Pictures Inner Sanctum mystery films . The "Inner Sanctum" franchise originated with a ...

List of country calling codes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of country calling codes defined by ITU-T recommendations E.123 and E.164 , also called IDD ( International Direct Dialling ) ...

Messenger For Android Update Includes Free Calling For Canadian Users
... internet protocol) and voice features. This time, Facebook’s latest update to the Messenger application for Android includes free calling for ...

Facebook Video Calling - Facebook
Bring your conversations to life on Facebook. With face-to-face video calling, now you can watch your friends smile, wink and LOL. To get started, ...

Facebook’s Talktime program in India pays new mobile users in calling credit
... Facebook has launched its Talktime program in India which gives every new user who signs up with a mobile device 50 Rupees (almost $1) in calling ...

Berlin Calling (@neuraum) on Twitter

Calling all foodies: Here comes @TwitterFood
There are many thousands of food-related Tweets people send on Twitter each day – Tweets about meals, ingredients, favorites, recipes and dining ...

Rounds Video Calling + Chat for iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad ...
Get Rounds Video Calling + Chat on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Sunrise host Sam Armytage hits back at Virginia Haussegger for calling her a 'brainless bimbo'
Samantha Armytage has hit back at a female journalist who labelled her a "brainless bimbo", calling the attack "base, vile and derogatory", and ...