Can I use LabVIEW to load data directly into system memory? The serial card I'm using isn't supported by NI nor does VISA recognize it. I'm using a Win32 function to read the data from the card

Can I use LabVIEW to load data directly into system memory from a VI? The serial card I'm using isn't supported by NI nor does VISA recognize it. I'm using a Call Library function to read the data from the card and now I want it to go directly to system memory.
The data is being received at 1Mbps.

Thanks
0
x9561 (148441)

1.You will most likely crash your system trying to write meg's/sec of
data to system memory. LabVIEW has it's own memory manager and manages
data for you. If you getting data to LabVIEW, I hope for the
processinfg purposes. You didn't mentioned what do you want to do with
that heap of data.

2.You probably can access your data from your card using VISA if you
know card's registers and memory i/o block as BIOS assigning this block
to your card. Search through VISA documentation and NI site how to do
that.
0
x9561 (148441)