Can I use LabVIEW to load data directly into system memory? The serial card I'm using isn't supported by NI nor does VISA recognize it. I'm using a Win32 function to read the data from the card

Can I use LabVIEW to load data directly into system memory from a VI? The serial card I'm using isn't supported by NI nor does VISA recognize it. I'm using a Call Library function to read the data from the card and now I want it to go directly to system memory.
The data is being received at 1Mbps.

Thanks
0
x9561 (148465)

1.You will most likely crash your system trying to write meg's/sec of
data to system memory. LabVIEW has it's own memory manager and manages
data for you. If you getting data to LabVIEW, I hope for the
processinfg purposes. You didn't mentioned what do you want to do with
that heap of data.

2.You probably can access your data from your card using VISA if you
know card's registers and memory i/o block as BIOS assigning this block
to your card. Search through VISA documentation and NI site how to do
that.
0
x9561 (148465)

How to extract data points from a plot (can't use 'ginput')
I'm using the 'psd' function to take the power spectral density of a waveform. Afterwards I can view the plot of the psd, however, I can't seem to find the data that is being plotted from the psd. I have the plot, but I can't find the x and y coordinates. I can't use ginput because there are 5000 data points. I've done some searches both on this site and on the web and can't find anything on this. One would think that this would be a very commonly used feature. Yes, most of the time users plot data that they already have stored in variables, howev...

'''''''''''''The Running Update/Append Queries Using VBA code Ordeal''''''''''''''
Hello fellow programmers, I am trying to run an append/update query from code, a command button on a form initiates the queries. the format i am using is; _____________________________________________________ SELECT "criteria" FROM "criteria" WHERE "criteria" UPDATE/APPEND "field selections" RecordSource "qryExample" = above text strings" _______________________________________________________________________ When i am running a SELECT query in this manner it works fine with no problems, and accepts the values of specified linked form fields. This never works when doing an APPEND/UPDATE query. It can never find the values of linked form fields, Access always asks for the parameter value of the field(s) in question, or Access comes up with an error 3323 - No recordset. I am sure there are other people that have had this problem. What is the difference between Select queries and append/update queries? the append/update queries never seem to be able to find values in linked form fields. Can anyone shed any light on this or point to a knowledgebase Item, or even recommend a book focusing on this subject, I will go and buy it now. I have been for up 2 nights trying to acomplish this and now considering suicide, please help. Thanks In advance, Aaron. I know of two ways you can accomplish this. 1. You can create the SQL script for you append or update query and run the script with DoCmd.RunSQL. 2. You can create a...

'''''''''''''The Running Update/Append Queries Using VBA code Ordeal'''''''''''''' #2
Hi, Thanks for ur help there HJ. I know how to do the tasks you specified there. I would like for the update query to use field values from some of the fields on the form (frmInvoices) such as InvoiceNumber, DateFrom, DateTo. My problem is that an append/update query can't find the values in the open Form (frmInvoices) when I specify them as; [Forms]![frmInvoices]![InvoiceNumber] a select query has no problem finding the field values on a form. please help. Aaron Hi Aaron, Could you post the entire code that you are having trouble with? Now it is not possible to see what goes wrong. HJ "Aaron" <aaron@rapid-motion.co.uk> wrote in message news:260d7f40.0408120245.2f3d01f8@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > Thanks for ur help there HJ. > > I know how to do the tasks you specified there. > > I would like for the update query to use field values from some of the > fields on the form (frmInvoices) such as InvoiceNumber, DateFrom, > DateTo. My problem is that an append/update query can't find the > values in the open Form (frmInvoices) when I specify them as; > > [Forms]![frmInvoices]![InvoiceNumber] > > a select query has no problem finding the field values on a form. > > please help. > > Aaron First off, if you are not always using all the parameters specified in your form, then you have to add parameters to your query on the fly. Also, you can't just do something like qdf.SQL = "SE...

why function 'mesh' can't be used when array is large
when the array length exceeds 20,function 'mesh' can't plot the array. Mesh function requires a 2-d array. I usually use mesh function to plot array 2048 X 2048. liw wrote: > when the array length exceeds 20,function 'mesh' can't plot the array. I suspect you're running into an issue with OpenGL. Read this: http://www.mathworks.com/support/tech-notes/1200/1201.shtml -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com Steven Lord wrote: > > > liw wrote: >> when the array length exceeds 20,function 'mesh' can't plot the > array. > > I...

Why can't I merge data as validation data using GUI-System Identification Toolbox
hello, I use ident window to merge some data as a whole validation data, but it doesn't work. Each time I want to see Model output view comes the error dialog, saying, 'The experiment selected in the model output view is not present in the validation data ' How can I merge the data together? Thanks a lot for seeing my message and appreciate someone give his/her valuable advice. ...

Using ./
Hi all- I'm searching through the help for NDSolve, and I run into the following: Plot[Evaluate[y[x] /. s], {x, 0, 30}, PlotRange -> All] Also, in the following tutorial on DSolve Plotting: http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/tutorial/DSolvePlottingTheSolution.html the following occurs: Plot[Evaluate[y[x] /. sol /. {C[1] -> 1}], {x, -7, 7}, PlotRange -> All] The trouble is, in the above tutorial I don't understand why you use y[x] /. sol at all. Shouldn't this just be replacing y[x] with sol? If I run 'sol' directly, I get {{y -> Function[{x}, E^(-(x^2/2)) C[1] + 1/2 E^(-(x^2/2)) Sqrt[\[Pi]/ 10] (Sqrt[1 + 2 I] Erfi[Sqrt[1/2 - I] x] + Sqrt[1 - 2 I] Erfi[Sqrt[1/2 + I] x])]}} if I run y[x]/.sol, I get: {E^(-(x^2/2)) C[1] + 1/2 E^(-(x^2/2)) Sqrt[\[Pi]/ 10] (Sqrt[1 + 2 I] Erfi[Sqrt[1/2 - I] x] + Sqrt[1 - 2 I] Erfi[Sqrt[1/2 + I] x])} Then later, if I see what y[x] is now equal to, I get the same thing as y[x]/.sol: {E^(-(x^2/2)) C[1] + 1/2 E^(-(x^2/2)) Sqrt[\[Pi]/ 10] (Sqrt[1 + 2 I] Erfi[Sqrt[1/2 - I] x] + Sqrt[1 - 2 I] Erfi[Sqrt[1/2 + I] x])} This means that /. isn't replacing in an instance, it's actually mapping 'f' (the label for the function) with variable 'x' to the appropriate results of 'sol'. I don't get why Map isn't used, and I don't get what this /. is really doing. If someone could give me a better id...

Visual Foxpro program to create a table archive (stores last month's data which isn't needed for this month's report), use visual basic to write??? possible? how?
Hi... I have a foxpro program which is for producing excel reports back ended to foxpro table(.dbf). Since the table is getting bigger and bigger, it slows down my program. I need a program which can create a table archive to store last month's data which isn't needed for this month's report. Therefore, I can run that archive program once a month to save outdated data into the table archive. By doing that, I can keep my current table small. Also I will have a big accumulated backup archive table to store my old data. Thanks... Kate (yenmei20878@hotmail.com) ...

Using the 'OpenAs' dialog
Hello All, For a small app I'm creating I would want to use the 'Open with' dialog for my own purposes. The function I'm using is ShellExecuteEx function, which utilizes the SHELLEXECUTEINFO structure. The arguments I'm using are the verb "openas" together with the SEE_MASK_INVOKEIDLIST flag. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb759784(v=vs.85).as px My questions: 1) I assume that the 'always open with' tickmark causes alterations in the registry. In that case, can I (easily) disable it ? 2) Can I determine which app...

Using a TFT as a monitor... (I'm sure this isn't the first time...)
Assuming I change the bulb on my dark HSD150PX14 TFT panel, how could I hook it up to an analog VGA input? Has anyone tried the CRTtoLCD boards from Kontron? http://emea.kontron.com/index.php?id=1041 No sign of my panel in those options unfortunately, but I'd nearly buy one of the boards just in case I got my hands on a compatible LCD. I've no idea how to order from them either as it looks like they only do bulk. Are there 999 like minded individuals out there? DanSolo wrote: > Assuming I change the bulb on my dark HSD150PX14 TFT panel, how could > I hook it up to an analog VGA input? Has anyone tried the CRTtoLCD > boards from Kontron? > http://emea.kontron.com/index.php?id=1041 > No sign of my panel in those options unfortunately, but I'd nearly buy > one of the boards just in case I got my hands on a compatible LCD. > I've no idea how to order from them either as it looks like they only > do bulk. Are there 999 like minded individuals out there? > give it up. No way you can do this cheaper than a new monitor. Documentation is unavailable. Give it up. There is no way to do this that is economically feasible and produces a good result. I'm not saying it's physically impossible, but in a day when you can buy brand new retail 15" LCD monitors for $85 ("http://www.surpluscomputers.com/store/main.aspx?p=ItemDetail&item=MON10169"), and brand new 19" monitors with dual inputs (VGA/DVI) for $100 to ...

How to use the 'AlphaData' for 'Surf' function?
Hi, All, I want to display a color image on a surface and make part of the image to be transparent, so I use the 'faceAlpha' and write the code as: alpha = ones(size(im(:,:,1))); alpha(1:10,:) = 0; h = surf('XData',[0 1; 0 1],'YData',[0 0; 1 1],... 'ZData',[1 1; 1 1],'CData',flipdim(im,1),... 'FaceColor','texturemap', 'AlphaData',alpha,... 'FaceAlpha','texturemap'); But I got the warning that: the size(AlphaData) must equal to size(Cdata). The problem is, AlphaData has to be a 2 dimensional...

Using Labview 6.1 on Linux, the 'Current VI's Path' function...
Using Labview 6.1 on Linux, the 'Current VI's Path' function returns an incorrect and unuseable path. 'Current VI's Path' is returning my home director rather than the vi path and it has a back slash '/' at the end which means I can not append to it. Is this a bug? Hi Jack, I emailed you the my suggestions below "I tried running LabVIEW 6.1 on a Linux machine here running red hat 7.2 and I couldnt reproduce you issue. I got the full pathname '/home/login_name/untitled1.vi. I even tried LabVIEW 7 and that worked fine too. This maybe a silly questi...

In replies, using 'To:' as 'From:'
Hi, all. I have two email accounts: a personal one and a university-issued one. My university gives me the option of forwarding its incoming mail to my personal email account. I would like to do this to avoid having two separate Mutt configurations and checking two accounts, but the problem is that I want replies to appear from the correct account. That is, if I get an email to my university account and decide to reply, the From: header should show my university email address. Same for emails to my personal account. Ideally I can also choose the From: header of newly-composed messages without manually editing the header, but that's not necessary. Is this scenario possible with Mutt? Thank you. -- PGP key: http://www.qnan.org/~pmw/pgp/public.asc Philip M. White <pmw+news@qnan.org> wrote: > I have two email accounts: a personal one and a university-issued > one. {...} That is, if I get an email to my university account and > decide to reply, the From: header should show my university email > address. Same for emails to my personal account. See wiki-faq. > Ideally I can also choose the From: header of newly-composed > messages without manually editing the header, but that's not > necessary. See wiki, maybe in ConfigTricks. -- � Rado S. -- You must provide YOUR effort for your goal! EVERY effort counts: at least to show your attitude. You're responsible for ALL you do: you get what...

Why use '==' instead of '==='?
I have noticed that there are some on the news group here who prefer the use of '==' when it is known [by the coder] that both sides of the equation are strings. Example from one of David Mark's recent posts: >>if ( typeof selector === "string" ) { > > One equal sign too many, requiring the reader to pause and ponder what > the author's intentions were. Are they ignorant of the fact that the > resultof a typeof operation is a string (as is a string literal). I find it it just the reverse. I know exactly what the authors intent was ...

'CPU used when call started' vs 'CPU used by this session'
Hello I have recently read somewhere that the statistics (from v$sesstat/mystat/sysstat) 'CPU used when call started' and 'CPU used by this session' are (nearly) equivalent but that 'CPU used when call started' should be used instead of 'CPU used by this session' because the latter is buggy. Now, is that true? And if so, why does Oracle have two statistics for the same thing. If not so, what is the difference. I have played a bit with it and indeed, the values seem to be identical for both statistics. Thanks, Rene -- Rene Nyffenegger http://www.adp-gmbh.ch/ ...

Re: "Hi,I'm having problems controlling the Agilent E4422B Signal Generator with Labview. When using the Labview driver functions such as initialize instrument I always get an Error -1074135040
Hi, Brooks. Attached please find the files containing all the information concerning my attempt to control the Agilent E4438C. Hope you can make sense of it and help me. &nbsp; Regards isaac nireport.txt: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/191414/1/nireport.txt Capture.spy: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/191414/2/Capture.spy CaptureSpy.doc: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/191414/3/CaptureSpy.doc Hi, If this driver supports multiple instrument models, then you will probably have to set the model in the default settings in MAX. Regards Ray FarmerMessage Edited by Ray Farmer on 06-22-2006 01:54 PM Hello Isaac,From the Spy capture it appears that you are sending an Asynchronous write command.&nbsp; The error that appears indicates that the write was successful, but was actually synchronous rather than asynchronous.&nbsp; This is probably due to a configuration setting for the instrument.&nbsp; As Ray points out, you may need to clarify which instrument you are using if this driver supports multiple models or check your instrument's configuration. &nbsp; Regards,AngelaApplications Engineer ...

When CANNOT use 'first'/'rest' in place of 'car'/'cdr'?
If I'm not mistaken, 'first' and 'rest' seem like modern user friendly replacements for 'car' and 'cdr'. Is it true that car and cdr are only in Common LISP to be able to run ancient LISP code? Is there any time I cannot use 'first' and 'rest' instead?/ Chris seberino@spawar.navy.mil wrote: > If I'm not mistaken, 'first' and 'rest' seem like modern user friendly > replacements for 'car' and 'cdr'. > > Is it true that car and cdr are only in Common LISP to be able > to run ancient LISP code? I use first and rest whenever those are the only ones I care about (or if I'm actually going to use second, third, etc). However, car and cdr won't be disappearing anytime soon simply because of their combinatory (?) abilities: cadr cddar .... I can just very quickly look at it and know what is going on. Jeff M. -- http://www.retrobyte.org mailto:massung@gmail.com seberino@spawar.navy.mil wrote: > If I'm not mistaken, 'first' and 'rest' seem like modern user friendly > replacements for 'car' and 'cdr'. > > Is it true that car and cdr are only in Common LISP to be able > to run ancient LISP code? > > Is there any time I cannot use 'first' and 'rest' instead?/ > > Chris > There shouldn't be anywhere that you _cannot_ use FIRST rather than CAR or REST rather than CDR. It's m...

Calculating local maximum: how to use 'peaks' function, or which other function to use?
Hello, I've been trying to run that program: http://www.owlnet.rice.edu/~elec431/projects96/digitalbb/formantscode.html Shortly, the goal is to locate local maximums of a graph named 'h' and plotted as semilogy(f,abs(h)). It was defined: w = hamming(length(x)); % x is the signal f = w.*fs/(2*pi); % fs is the sampling rate of x Next, 'h' is calculated. Local maximums of 'h' are located with this part of code: [floc,fmag] = peaks(abs(h)); allfmnts = f(floc); However, it returns an error: ??? Subscript indices must either...

Using 'read' and 'write' for an open protocol
I need to scheme programs to communicate accross a public network. In most langauges this would require me to create (or use a prexisting) custom protocol. However, scheme has this very nice serialization mechenism, ie read and write, etc. Now this is very tempting becuase it would save a resonably large amount of time. What makes me hesitate is the possibility of simple attack mechenisms if I use vanilla read and write. Off the top of my head I can think of at least a couple the might work. So I am solicting the opinion of those of you with more experience with scheme then I have. Any suggest...

How can I use the 'mlf' family functions that used to be in C/C++ Math Lib in R2007?
I need to port an old .c file written with R13 that used a bunch of 'mlf' functions (e.g. mlfAny, mlfPlus, mlfCtranspose, mlfNot, etc.) to R2007. As it turned out, the 'mlf' family methods aren't supported in any post-R13 compilers. So, my questions, is there any easy way to port the following code except, you know, writing a bunch of dummy .m files that encapsulates matlab methods such as transpose, any, plus, etc. mlfAssign(&g,mlfMtimes(mlfInv(mlfDiag(mlfSpconvert(mlfSum(mlfCtranspose(g), NULL)), NULL)), g)); ...

Can't cd , can't use wildcard
Hi , I am running Windows 2000 service pack 4.Whenever I try to "cd" into some of the directories(which exist), I get an "Invalid directory". I can use to get into few of the directories(using cd) but for other it just says "Invalid directory". Moreover, I can't use any wildcard characters..(*, ? etc) at all.. Any idea what is wrong? Thanks Arun On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 17:13:52 GMT, Arun Goel <arun.goel@sbcglobal.net> wrote the following to comp.os.msdos.misc: > Hi , > > I am running Windows 2000 service pack 4.Whene...

Help, I don't know how to do that:" Write a program using 'for' loops for high order matrices (n*m) in matlab
Help, I don't know how to do that:" Write a program using 'for' loops to determine multiplication, addition and subtraction of high order matrices (n*m) in MATLAB Hemkesh wrote: > Help, I don't know how to do that:" Write a program using 'for' loops > to determine multiplication, addition and subtraction of high order > matrices (n*m) in MATLAB You don't know how to post in the right group either. BugBear Hemkesh wrote: > Help, I don't know how to do that:" Write a program using 'for' loops > to determine multiplicat...

Warning: The data type 'vararg' used by function <function> does not exist
I'm getting this error in MatLab while loading a library. Is there something i can replace vararg with in a prototype m file to make this work? thanks, scott Add one alias for each set of arguments you intend to pass to the function. For instance if the function was printf you could add int printfd(char *,int); // for printf("this is a number %d",10) int printfs(char *, char *) ;// for printf("this has an extra string '%s'","Hi there") .... "Scott Gustas" <scottgustas@vision.eri.harvard.edu> wrote in message news:eeeaa7c.-1@webx.ra...

why can't i use the function i write in the m-file?
Why can't i use the function i write in the m-file? It says i didn't define the vector. Below is my function: function [mean,stdev]=stat(x) n=length(x); mean=sum(x)/n; stdev=sqrt(sum((x-mean).^2/n)); "Zhang Dina" <s0863468@mailserv.cuhk.edu.hk> wrote in message <hj3tlo$9l0$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Why can't i use the function i write in the m-file? It says i didn't define the vector. > Below is my function: > > function [mean,stdev]=stat(x) > n=length(x); > mean=sum(x)/n; > stdev=sqrt(sum((x-mean).^2/n)); a hint...

reading data using 'F' mode in rexx
hi, i am coding rexx programs on ibm mainframe for data migration..... using file aid , i can open a file in edit mode with option 'F'.... by doing so i will be able to view the field name,field length and the data in that field... Is there a way to open a file in the above mentioned fashion and read the data using rexx?? the requirement is to get the data corresponding to each field!!!!!!! thanks in advance On 30 Mar 2007 01:50:57 -0700, "kimi" <mraghu83@gmail.com> wrote: <1175244657.556746.112140@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com> >hi, &...

Web resources about - Can I use LabVIEW to load data directly into system memory? The serial card I'm using isn't supported by NI nor does VISA recognize it. I'm using a Win32 function to read the data from the card - comp.lang.labview