can Labview 7.0 control an instrument without the labview driver?

hellow,i have an instrument which do not have the labview driver,its
output signal is RS232,so can i use labview7.0 to read the signal?
thanks!
0
x9561 (148439)

Another possible option is to use the Instrument I/O Assistant.  It is
an interactive tool that generates Instrument I/O and response parsing
code for you.  It is very helpful in establishing a connection and
helping parse instrument response data.  It is pretty high level and
basic, so if you want to utilize any special serial VISA functionality
it may not go as deep as you would like - but it can definitely help
get you started.
0
x9561 (148439)