can't open my file after saving.using labview 8.2.1

Hi there, after saving my program, i can't access/ or open my program again, but my subVI can be open, this puzzled me. Can anyone help me with this. i have attach the program,. it also prompt me (this resource you are attempting to open was created in a more recent version of labview and is incompatible with this version). And my Uni is using labview version 8.2.1, no other version.thanks alot

Regards:MKK

cyclodrive combination programme.vi:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/294813/1/cyclodrive combination programme.vi
0
x9561 (148441)

I can't open it either...
You should always keep back-up....
0
x9561 (148441)

If i have a labview .vi file(and labview) but i want to open it in a computer that doesn't have labview, how would i do it??
Okay, i have a made a labview program and save it as.vi.   Let's say that it is a program that when opened and you hit run it shows a sine wave.   Now if i wanted to open up the program without Labview, ( i don't need to modify it) on a computer that doesn't have labview. How would i go about doing this??   Thanks, K ...

LabVIEW 8.2 can't work with DAQmx program written using LabVIEW8.0 ?
My old LabVIEW program is using the DAQmx sub-vis  from folder: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.0\vi.lib\DAQmx   e.g. C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.0\vi.lib\DAQmx\create\channels.llb\DAQmx Create Channel (AI-Voltage-Basic).vi   After I installed LabVIEW 8.2 and NIDAQ831.zip (~600MB), there isn't a folder called DAQmx in folder: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.2\vi.lib\   When I load my old program, it need I specify the location of, e.g. DAQmx Create Channel (AI-Voltage-Basic).vi, I copied DAQmx folder from \LabVIEW 8.0\vi.lib\ to \LabVIEW 8.2\vi.lib\ After I copied the DAQmx folder, right click on "block diagram" under "measurement I/O" the folder "NI-DAQmx" comes out and I can pick all the vis inside "NI-DAQmx" However, all the vis are not executable.   My old program find all the vis needed to load; however, the vis are not executable, e.g. DAQmx Create Channel (AI-Voltage-Basic).vi, please see the attachment.   Anyone know how to solve this?  Thanks. DAQmx_Error.JPG: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/223321/1/DAQmx_Error.JPG Thanks.  I select all the options (except Lab-windows and VC++) when installing DAQmx 8.3.1.  I did a Repair also:   Control Panel -> Add or remove programs -> National Instrument Software -> NI-DAQmx 8.3.1 -&...

Can I use LabVIEW to load data directly into system memory? The serial card I'm using isn't supported by NI nor does VISA recognize it. I'm using a Win32 function to read the data from the card
Can I use LabVIEW to load data directly into system memory from a VI? The serial card I'm using isn't supported by NI nor does VISA recognize it. I'm using a Call Library function to read the data from the card and now I want it to go directly to system memory. The data is being received at 1Mbps.   Thanks 1.You will most likely crash your system trying to write meg's/sec of data to system memory. LabVIEW has it's own memory manager and manages data for you. If you getting data to LabVIEW, I hope for the processinfg purposes. You didn't menti...

How to open Labview 8.5 VI in Labview 8.2
Hi I am using LabVIEW 8.2.I found one ook modulation example project(http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-1394),it was developed in Labview 8.5.I have to oepn this one in My system mean in Labview 8.2.Please tell procedure.Is it possible or not.?Thnaking you sir. It is not possible directly. Somebody with access to version 8.5 needs to save it for version 8.2. Could you attach that particular vi in your post so that somebody can save it for 8.2 Thanks, Mathan Or you can install Labview 8.5 demo. Works for 30 days.... Hi Mathan,Thanks for your reply.i need OOK Modulation (FPGA).VI and OOK Modulation (HOST).VI in version 8.2Here i am attaching this two vi please save it in version 8.2 and send to me.Thanking you Sreenivasulu.O OOK Modulation.zip: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/324620/1/OOK Modulation.zip Hi Sreenivasulu.O, i�m not sure if they are enough, but here they are. :smileyhappy: Mike OOK Modulation (FPGA).vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/324624/1/OOK Modulation (FPGA).vi OOK Modulation (HOST).vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/324624/2/OOK Modulation (HOST).vi Hi Mike,i got error like this.Here i am attaching two error image what i got.please check nad correct me.One more "OOK_Pack Bits for transmission.VI"  and "OOK_Configuration IF RIO for Transmission.VI" was not found.Thanking you sirSreenivasulu.O ook_error1.JPG: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/327671/1/ook_error1.JPG ook_error2...

opening a labview 8.5 file with labview 8.21
Hello,I was working on a project at home with labview 8.21, I nearly finished this project but I addes some stuff at school where they have labview 8.5.Today I wanted to open the labview file on my computer, but It gave an error: labview load error 9: Vi version 8.5 is newer then labVIEW version 8.2.1.Is there any way I can open the file on my computer?Or can I save the file at school als a 8.2.1 file? thnx in advance,Seppe Hi Seppe, just save it in school using "Save to previous" from the file menu... You'll have to reopen the file on a computer with LV 8.5.  From there you can do a Save as Previous Version to save back to LV 8.2.1 Hi Seppe, if you have LabView 8.5 you can save your vi for previous verions (8.2.1 and 8.0)Mike ok, thnx for all the correct answers ! ...

Can't do "gem update --system"
Hi, I've update the software on my linux box ( v4 to v5.0 http://clarkconnect.com/ ) upgrade something has gone screwy with my Ruby installation on the machine. Any ideas? My ruby/rails installation was working fine until I did the Linux update. Gem Update Affected (not that the 'md5.so' is actually there in the directory) [root@home ~]# gem --version 1.3.1 [root@home ~]# ruby --version ruby 1.8.7 (2008-08-11 patchlevel 72) [i686-linux] [root@home ~]# [root@home ~]# gem update --system /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/i686-linux/digest/md5.so: libcrypto.so.4: cannot open shared object ...

How can I run a labview 7.2 vi in labview 8.2
We have several versions of labview running different test and control functions in our facility. There are labview 7.2 VIs in a production setting I wish to reproduce in the test lab. Can I convert them to run on 8.2 or do I have to recreate them in 8.2. I tried to open one in 8.2 and got multiple SubVI's that were not in my program library.. most dealing with AI manipulation.   And make sure you have backup copies of your 7.x code. Once you load and save in 8.2, it is a lot of work to get them back to 7.x. Note I used 7.x because I am unaware of LabVIEW version 7.2 even existing. 7.1.1 was the last release prior to 8.0 ...

Can't find SIM file after installing 8.2.1
I just installed LV 8.2.1 including the real-time module on a Win-XP pro system.  When connecting to the RT target (cFP-2110) it searches for and cannot find several "SIM" files.  For example, it cannot find SIM Diagram Parameters.ctl and many others.  It attempts to find them in the vilib>:\Simulation\Utility\Implementation\Shared\ folder.  The closest file path that I have is LabVIEW 8.2\vi.lib\simulation\Implementation\Shared folder.  There are several "SIM" files in this folder but not what the system is looking for.   The system eventually connects to the target and it seems to work.  However, it's a cumbersome effort to connect.   Please advise.   Thanks,   Dave J. ...

can't compile wx 2.8.1 for WM5 using vs2005
Hi, I'm trying to compile wxWidgets 2.8.1 (downloaded from http://biolpc22.york.ac.uk/pub/2.8.1/ ) for WM5 with vs2005, but I got some errors, that I've tried to resolve: - It could not find the file setup.h in the include\wx\msw\wince dir, so I added it (taking it from include\wx\msw) - It gave me errors about some symbols not declared, so I've edited setup.h changing (disabling) following things: #define wxUSE_FSVOLUME 0 #define wxUSE_COLOURPICKERCTRL 0 #define wxUSE_DIRPICKERCTRL 0 #define wxUSE_FILEPICKERCTRL 0 #define wxUSE_FONTPICKERCTRL 0 #define wxUSE_TOOLTIPS 0 #define wxUSE_MDI 0 #define wxUSE_MDI_ARCHITECTURE 0 #define wxUSE_PRINTING_ARCHITECTURE 0 #define wxUSE_OWNER_DRAWN 0 - Due to other errors I've added following definition to the mono project: HAVE_BOOL __POCKETPC__ - I've also edited the file wx\msw\textctrl.h in order to add a IsRich method (returning always false), because it is included only if wxUSE_RICHEDIT is not set to 0, but then textctrl.cpp needs it, independently of wxUSE_RICHEDIT. Now it compiles fine (quite fine, apart some warnings), but it cannot links due to some unresolved externals about wxCHMHelpController and Uuid (and even others, but these are the ones which give more errors) My question is: are all these tricks needed to have the library compiled? What's wrong? I've missed something (maybe from the beginning)? Any idea? I've also tried t...

Can LabView 8.5 read LabView 8.5.1 VIs
Since LabVIEW 8.5.1 is only a bug fix, can LabVIEW 8.5 read any VIs generated in LabVIEW 8.5.1? Simple answer YES. But it will the VIs compile so it is a good idea to make a mass compile in the folder where the VIs are. ...

fc3 gnome, why can't I use gedit 2.8.1 when I am not connected to internet
I don't know if it is just me but whenever I am not connected to internet gedit does not work. is it normal? On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 23:22:26 -0400, David Bouffard thoughtfully wrote: > I don't know if it is just me but whenever I am not connected to internet > gedit does not work. > > is it normal? Not at all. You shouldn't need the internet for Gedit. Any errors in /var/log/messages or /var/log/secure ? noi wrote: > On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 23:22:26 -0400, David Bouffard thoughtfully wrote: > > >>I don't know if it is just me b...

Xilinx WebPack 8.2.03i: can't make .bit file when memories used in design
I can: -make (and use succesfully) .bit files under Xilinx WebPack 8.2.03i *unless* the design contains RAM- whether I specify it in Verilog, or use CoreGen to specify it. I can: -use Verilog-defined memories if I compile under Synplify Pro, bring the resulting file into WebPack and place,route, and generate .bit file there. I can't: -use memories under WebPack- place and route is OK, but "Generate Programming File" fails with no error messages. This happens under XP Pro and WIn2000. What am I doing wrong? -- Per ardua ad nauseam ...

VI Ver(7.1) can't be converted to labview ver(8.20) cause it has no block dia
Dear Sir, &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; We have some vis were made in Labview 7.1 and i want convert them or open them in Labview 8.20, but while i am trying to open them in Labview 8.20 it gives error message "VI Ver(7.1) can't be converted to labview ver(8.20) cause it has no block dia". Detailed error has attached with mail and that vi do not open.&nbsp;&nbsp; So i kindly request you to go through matter and suggest the solution at earliest. Thanks &amp; Regards Rajendra GaikwadL &amp; T, Powai.Mo. 09323129933 emailid- <a href="mailto:gaikwadrs@lntebg.com" target="_blank">gaikwadrs@lntebg.com</a> error message.gif: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/237928/1/error message.gif Dear sir, &nbsp;Actually these vis were made earlier in Labview 7.1 by one of the our vendor. Now we want to use that vis for similar application in Labview 8.20. is there any other option please tell. Thanks &amp; Regards Rajendra Gaikwad Dear Daniel, &nbsp; &nbsp;It may not be possible to take vis from him in Labview 8.20, except that is there any other solution for that. &nbsp;&nbsp; I hv one more issue i.e. activation of Labview 8.20. We have purchased Labview 8.0 Devlopment suite from NI, after that now they have sent us updated version Labview 8.20. Can i install and activate the Labview 8.20 on another pc where Labview 8.0 is not installed? also NI has not provided serial no for Labview 8.20. please ...

[Urgent]How can I write to physical memory by using LabVIEW 8.2?? #2
Hi everybody, &nbsp; I am dealing with a project related to micro-EDM. We feed the gap voltage back to a NI&nbsp;DAQ card (not quite sure about the series number, might not be important&nbsp;to this problem), and we want to use this voltage to determine the command position of the motor, which is controlled by a Delta Tau PMAC motion controller. Now the problem is, the NI DAQ card and Delta Tau PMAC controller cannot communicate directly with&nbsp;each other. Therefore, we want the LabVIEW to write the value of voltage to a certain physical&nbsp;memory address, and then let the PMAC controller read that address. Is this feasible by using LabVIEW and NI-DAQ card? Which block or library in LabVIEW shall I use to achieve that? Or is there any alternative way to do it? Thanks a million! &nbsp; I have to get this done by the end of this week....if you know how to do it, please let me know. I really appreciate it!&nbsp;You are my lifesavor!&nbsp; &nbsp; Regards, Xiaofei I am not familiar with your hardware, but have a look at "out port". &nbsp; <a href="http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361D-01/glang/out_port/" target="_blank">http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361D-01/glang/out_port/</a> &nbsp;Message Edited by altenbach on 12-10-2007 06:18 PM ...

Can I use NI-FGEN version 2.1 in LabView 7.1 ?
BACKGROUND: We are switching from using CVI to LabView. We have LabView version 7.1 (as part of developer suite). I am building a new test station with PXI chassis and items such as 5112 digitizer, 5411 Arb Wave Gen. NI-Scope version 2.6 came with the 5112. When I installed it, I did not get any VIs in tools panel, and no examples. Re-installed and checked box for "LabView 7.0" support. Then got examples in directory, but they would not run. Discovered that I needed NI-Scope 2.6.1 which includes support for LabView 7.1. PROBLEM: So before loading NI-FGEN 2.1 from the CD_ROM ...

using active-x with vbai3.0.1 and labview 8.2.1
Hi, I'm trying to use labview to run a VBAI script and return the measurement results and limit settings back to labview, i have setup the active-x to do this but get null refnums for the measurements and limits. any ideas about this? i have attached my labview code. &nbsp; Stewart. aml new vbai31.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/295815/1/aml new vbai31.vi ...

Can't open pagemaker 5 files in 9.2.2
I put a pagemaker file on a jump drive and brought it to my PowerBook G4. When I open up the folder it's in it just shows up as an exec file. I have tried to open it with Pagemaker through the classic mode, but it ain't happening. What do i need to do to read this file? -- Powerbook G4 12" 1.25gb RAM OS 10.4.7 Palm Tungsten T|2 with Datebk 5 In article <TheBaptistPastor-19090C.23303508082006@news.cox-internet.com>, Bro. Dan <TheBaptistPastor@gmail.com> wrote: > I put a pagemaker file on a jump drive and brought it to my PowerBook > G4. When I open up the ...

Using the 'OpenAs' dialog
Hello All, For a small app I'm creating I would want to use the 'Open with' dialog for my own purposes. The function I'm using is ShellExecuteEx function, which utilizes the SHELLEXECUTEINFO structure. The arguments I'm using are the verb "openas" together with the SEE_MASK_INVOKEIDLIST flag. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb759784(v=vs.85).as px My questions: 1) I assume that the 'always open with' tickmark causes alterations in the registry. In that case, can I (easily) disable it ? 2) Can I determine which app...

Can't log in as an ordinary user after installing labview 7.1.1 on RHEL4
Hello &nbsp; I have installed LabVIEW 7.1 and the update 7.1.1 on a Dell 380 running RedHat Enterprice 4. I installed it as root and under root the applications I have tryed seems to work well. But when I try to log in as an ordinary user I can�t log in. &nbsp; Has anyone an idea of what can be the problem? Thanks in advance ...

From Labview 7.1 help, can't load example vi's

Labview 8 crashes when using Read Labview Measurement File
Hi All, &nbsp; I am a new user for Labview. I installed Labview 8.0 from the CD (evaluation copy). I was just testing the sample code provided by NI. I opened the "Load from File and Display" example and I was trying to open the properties for the Read Labview Measurement File component when&nbsp;Labview crashed. I tried it a couple of times and everytime it happens the same way (when I double click the component or right click on it). I am using Windows XP with all the updates done. In the Windows crash report, the application version is 8.0.0.4005. &nbsp; Other problem ...

Can't download grsecurity 2.1.8 for Linux 2.6.14.6
Hello all. Does anyone have an idea why the grsecurity 2.1.8 download for Linux 2.6.14.6 [2] is not working? It's linked from the official download page [1]. Thanks in advance. Regards. --- [1] <http://grsecurity.com/download.php> Official grsecurity download page. [2] <http://grsecurity.com/grsecurity-2.1.8-2.6.14.6-200601211647.patch.gz> grsecurity 2.1.8 patch for Linux 2.6.14.6. ...

Why can't a C++ string be used as the path name to open a file but a C-string can?
Why can I open a file using a C-string but not a C++ string? //C-strings works char path[15]; strcpy(path,"c:\test.txt"); ifstream infile(path); //C++ string class does not string path("c:\test.txt"); ifstream infile(path); Why? Is there something I can do to use a string (maybe a recast??)? "solartimba" <kaferro@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1a7f7e51.0310171403.7e30a6a0@posting.google.com... > Why can I open a file using a C-string but not a C++ string? > > //C-strings works > char path[15]; > strcpy(path,"c:\test.txt"); &...

for i in {1..$1}, $1 can't be used
Shell script interpreters are unable to recognize variable in a for loop control but I don't want to hard code the iteration end in the for loop every time, what can be done to make the script flexible? On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 08:16:50 -0700, ela wrote: > Shell script interpreters are unable to recognize variable in a for loop Hmmm, maybe you might want to spend some time looking through http://www.tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/loops1.html "ela" <ela@yantai.org> wrote in news:i7rc54$qsr$1 @ijustice.itsc.cuhk.edu.hk: > Shell script interpreters are una...

Web resources about - can't open my file after saving.using labview 8.2.1 - comp.lang.labview