compare two text files for matching data

I want to compare data in two separate spreadsheet files and store the matching data in another spreadsheet file.
1)reading data from two spread sheets
2)compare the data of fist one with second
3)writing the matched data to third one.
I am find difficulty in combining them to sort string bu string
pls help me in this
x9561 (148629)
11/2/2006 6:10:08 PM
comp.lang.labview 35391 articles. 1 followers. vasusachin24 (1) is leader. Post Follow

You're going to need to provide more information before anybody can provide specific help, such as: - Are these actual spreadsheets, as in Excel spreadsheets, or are these text files in which the information is tab-delimited?
- What are you using to read the files?
 - Is the data 1D or 2D?
- Are you comparing numbers or strings or both?
 - What are you trying to use to compare?
- What are you using to write the result file?
The best things to do is to provide a sample of what you're doing and a detailed explanation of what you're trying to accomplish. In other words, help us to help you.
x9561 (148629)
11/2/2006 7:10:07 PM
the spread sheet are like normal excel sheets .
my basic requirement is like comparing two text documents and storing the match data in a new file.
so i started like converting a text document to an array by using 'spread sheet to array' and compare each elements of one array to another array .
but not able to do that
so i asked for help
x9561 (148629)
11/2/2006 9:10:09 PM
kindly go through this attach file
you will get an idea.

x9561 (148629)
11/2/2006 10:10:08 PM
i am implementing the following logic
1)  textfile1--------->string to array
2)textfile 2--------->string to array
3) compare the elements (substring) of one array to other using for loop
4)append the match to an array every time you find a match betwwen two arrays
5)wriitng the result in new file
i am strugulling in with 3) i have finshed 1,2,4and 5 th part
problelms are with indexing and loop conditions for me...
anyways i am trying and feeling like i will finish and post that soon....
x9561 (148629)
11/2/2006 11:40:08 PM
Similar artilces about - compare two text files for matching data:

How to run two MAT files ?
Dear Matlab users I have two mat files. I want to process with the main program both of these two mat files. Please help me how to conduct it. Thank you. Hi, I don't understand your question. load('file1.mat') <do stuff> load('file2.mat') <do stuff> What do you mean by "run two mat files" ? J�r�me I am sorry for my last question. I have data in file1.mat This file1 contains sv and ss data. I want to compute both sv and ss with the other function. Would you be so kind to help me how to do this ? I really appreciated your help. Thank you. J�...

[9fans] Two questions
Hello! I have the current Plan9 CD installing itself into a virtual disk drive. Q1: How do I go about checking to see if the finally installed image sees the virtual Ethernet device for the system? (It believes it to be a Digital Tulip style one.) Q2:And this is related to Q1 above: Are these adapters supported on real hardware? (Of course I'll recheck the Wiki pages.) ----- Gregg C Levine "This signature fought the Time Wars, time and again." > Q1: How do I go about checking to see if the finally installed image > sees the virtual Ethernet device ...

Re: SQL or Data step question #2
Pagabas: I suspect that you are creating a problem that neither SQL logic or Data = step procedures will handle particularly well. Notice that your table = already contains all of the information that you hope to restructure = into a single line of data. What would you gain from restructuring? It = may look simpler initially, but it does not need to be stored as an = alternative set of data. =20 SAS offers a number of ways of presenting data in reports and other = displays. Describe what you hope to display in another posting to the = list. You will likely see a variety of suggestions. No need...

Replace Text at Specific Positions Across Files
Hello everyone, I'm new to Ruby and after trying to look through a ton of classes and methods, I decided it would be best to ask some more seasoned individuals for help. I'm currently working on a project that essentially deals with a relational DB in text format. There is a standard layout throughout a variety of text files and each of them have corresponding information. For example, if positions 10-17 is populated with genderM in a file with .aaa extension, male should be written in positions 30-34 in a file with .bbb extensions. There can be multiple lines, each rela...

Find function between two sets of coordinates
Hi guys, I'm new to Matlab and need to one thing for my project in which I'm relatively stuck: I have an original set of image coordinates from a map, and have ten points in that map of which I know the world coordinates. Is there any function that could convert the 'Image Map coordinates' to 'World Coordinates'? I've got no idea how to code this... Map World (53,465) (-9.2722,42.8825) (590,579) (18.4833,40.1500) (775,616) (34.5867,35.6950) (264,191) (10.5833,57.7167) (139,331) (-5.7161,50.0686) (572,111) (30.3000,59.9500) (692,414) (32.7025,45.5019)...

Does ifstream know why it is unable to open file?
------------------------------- ifstream fin ("foo.txt"); if (!fin) cout << "Warning: Unable to open file" << endl; ------------------------------- There are several reasons for getting that warning : * foo.txt doesn't exist * foo.txt exists but is busy * etc. Can ifstream know why it is unable to open the file? ===================================== Alex Vinokur ===================================== "Alex Vinokur" <> writes: >...

I suspect this may not be specifically a psp problem - likely a PC one! but for whatever reason - I can no longer open an image by selecting it from "Recently opened files" menu - it's empty!?!?!? and not recording any 'recently opened images'. any ideas what it is and where that controls this feature, and how ot reset it back into showing recent files? thanks. neutrino wrote: > I suspect this may not be specifically a psp problem - likely > a PC one! but for whatever reason - I can no longer open an > image by selecting it from "Recently opened files...

Closing the pop up and downloading a file simultaneously
Hello All, Using Javascript and using one click, I have to close the window(pop up) and start the download of a file simultaneously. There will be a hyperlink in a pop up window as "Click here to start the download". When the user clicks on it, this pop up window should close and the file(which is behind the screen) will start to download. Can someone please tell me how to do this or point me to the right website where I can find an answer to this question? Thanks in the main window: function startDownload() { do whatever e.g document.location = filename etc... } in ...

Mail files just disappearing!
Hi, Something strange is happening. Occasionally one of our users .nsf file disappears! This has happened twice to one user, and once to another user. I have restored them from backup. They have R5 clients on laptops and both connect to our office remotely via VPN (to a Win. 2000/Domino server). I've checked with the users that they're not inadvertently deleting the database (although it would seem a difficult thing to do accidentaly!) Our Lotus reseller tech. support are baffled. Can anyone think what might be causing this, or how I could try and track down the problem? Thank...

"Digital Text Masters" project (includes book scanning)
A few here on comp.periphs.scanners may be interested in the proposed project to digitally master (or some would say "remaster") the most popular classic public domain books in the English language. A component of this project includes archival-quality scanning of source books, and there may be a few people here who are interested in that. Details of the proposed project are given in the TeleRead blog article: There is an introductory section explaining the problem and need (naturally it mentions Project Gutenberg and how this...

advice/compare sony tr1-toshiba dynabook c8
Now that sony tr1 is or about to there any difference between tr1 sold in usa and tr1 sold at besides higher price? Also interested in toshiba dynabook c8 and would like some advice, comparision, or any input on these machines. thanks > Now that sony tr1 is or about to there any difference between > tr1 sold in usa and tr1 sold at besides higher price? Also Japanese vs. US software. C8 is in a totally different category, competing with much heavier notebooks at the 4.8lbs rating. Nowehere near the 3.x lbs of the TR1. You'd have t...

Differences between two Schemes?
I've noticed a few significant differences between MIT/GNU Scheme and Scheme as described in Abelson, Sussman & Sussman's book. true: #t 't false: #f nil empty list: () nil sequencing: begin sequence Is there a list of the differences somewhere? I'm surprised to find these significant differences partway through it, since it's MIT's book from MIT's people. -- I could show them the ansible, but it didn't make a very convincing Alien Artifact, being so incomprehensible as to fit in with hoax as well as with reality. ...

[News] iTWire Compares Windows to Vomit, Windows Seen as "Hobbyist O/S"?
Vomit or Linux: your choice ,----[ Quote ] | Imagine standing on the road. An oncoming car is heading rapidly towards you. | You have a choice to move, or to stay. Now consider that in business you need | to choose a server platform wisely but often Windows shops become entrenched | because it is the status quo. A couple of user experiences show why you ought | to think about it more. `---- Vista vs. Ubuntu - My Rant ,----[ Quote ] | Screw you Windows. | | It’s late, I have to work tomorrow, so I’ll play with it on the weekend. The |...

Scan PDF file and input certain fields in database
My company is seeking a software solution for the following scenario. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. We are a small consulting company that services nursing homes. We need to access some of the information they collect on their residents. They use federally mandated forms, usually completed by the facility's software (Multiple software vendors with proprietary software). We wish to scan the forms at the facility location and transmit them to our office location. We then wish to extract data from various fields on the forms and place it in a database. We are seeking softw...

simple text file lookup
Newbie question ... Say I have a flat file that looks like this reptbl: xxx1 DKDKJK xxx Z1923 xxx2 dkjkj xx RKJDJ zzz RIUJRT xxx RDKD7 yyy1 r4iouo I want to write a one posix command with backticks that given $VAR1 , sets variable $VAR2 to the second token of the first record where in reptbl where the string matches (exactly) the firt token of that record. For example, if VAR1= xxx, the line results in VAR2 = Z1923 I know that VAR2=`cat reptbl|grep "$VAR1"|awk '{print $2}' will not be enough because xxx1 <> xxx and also xxx might be on the second token somewh...

How about the future of PHP compared with Java?
Is PHP more suitable for developing an interactive website than Java/ J2EE? On Apr 26, 2:00 am, tenxian <> wrote: > Is PHP more suitable for developing an interactive website than Java/ > J2EE? The question is so broad that there likely is no single correct answer for all sorts of interactive websites. PHP has become much more popular over recent years, and Java has become less popular. I find PHP more easy to apply than Java in many cases, but then those who started writing Java when it was young may often find Java code more easy to write. Someone who come...

Linking object files in Microtec format with GNU ld
Hi, does anybody know where to find information about different object file formats? Is there an object format which every linker understands? I'm especially interested if there is a way to link object files in Microtec format with GNU ld. Thanks Karl-Heinz <> wrote: > does anybody know where to find information about different object file > formats? has links to pages on lots of object code formats, most of which have links to the proper specs. Treat the proper specs as definitive; treat Wikipedia a...

Using .rlu files in SPARK Ada
I'm trying to satisfy all of the Verification Conditions that SPARK Ada generates in some code of mine. I've been unable to satisfy the following check statement: a2 := x3 - x1; b := y3 - y1; --# check b < a2 -> (b rem a2 = b); It generates the following VC: y3 - y1 < x3 - x1 -> y3 - y1 - (y3 - y1) div (x3 - x1) * (x3 - x1) = y3 - y1 In my .rlu file (which I know is being read because other rules are being applied, and I see it mentioned in my .slg file), I have: small_rem: y3 - y1 - (y3 - y1) div (x3 - x1) * (x3 - x1) = (y3 - y1) may_be_deduced_from ...

Tornado 2.2 compiler cannot open softlink (shotcut) include file
Hi, I am using Tornado 2.2 compiler on Windows XP platform. The compiler always fails to open the symbolic include file. It woks on the WIndow NT platform. How can I fix this issue? Thanks. Joo wrote: > Hi, > I am using Tornado 2.2 compiler on Windows XP platform. The compiler always > fails to open the symbolic include file. It woks on the WIndow NT platform. > How can I fix this issue? Thanks. > I am quite surprised to see you write that the shortcut (called a symbolic link in Unix/Linux terms) worked on Windows NT. A shortcut has never worked for me on any version ...

Boosted decision trees compared to neural networks
I'm doing research comparing boosted decision trees to neural networks for various types of predictive analyses. A boosted decision tree is an ensemble tree created as a series of small trees that form an additive model. I'm using the TreeBoost method of boosting to generate the decision tree series. TreeBoost uses stochastic gradient boosting to increase the predictive accuracy of decision tree models (see The available publications comparing boosted trees to neural networks are pretty limited, but the comparisons show boosted trees matching, a...

exporting of .el file in to matlab
Hi, I have one .el data file which is logged data by EZTEK software tool.( I am not udnerstadning its data storage format. May I know any one knows about it or any matlab script available to directly import this data into matlab. Thankyou ...

Re: Saving log and lst files
I am not sure whether proc printto is what you are looking for. Anyway, I've used it to output and save lst and log. On 6/6/05, Uddin, Mohammad <> wrote: > Hello SAS Experts, > > I am using SAS in Windows NT. Is there any command, like x in Unix, I > can put in a SAS program so that every time I run the program, it will > automatically save log and lst files? > > Thanks a lot, > > M. Sharif Uddin > > -- WenSui Liu, MS MA Senior Decision Support Analyst Division of Health Policy and Clinical Effectiveness Cincinnati Chi...

Is anybody know how to create a JAVA TEXT AREA with multiple color text in each line? (the setForegound seems can be used for single color for the whole text.) Thanks a lot. KL wrote: > Is anybody know how to create a JAVA TEXT AREA That is one of .. - Java text area (generic) - Java TextArea (AWT) - Java JTextArea (Swing) please be specific and refrain from SHOUTING at us. >...with multiple color text > > in each line? Many Swing components are 'HTML aware', but not JTextArea's .. E.G. <sscce> import javax.swing.*; class HTMLTextArea { public st...

Re: challenge in data step
This seems to work: data have; input ID PR PEP PP SDATE :mmddyy. EDATE :mmddyy.; format sdate edate mmddyy.; cards; 1 1 1 1 12/20/2002 4/21/2005 1 2 2 2 4/21/2005 7/12/2005 1 2 2 3 12/16/2005 4/12/2006 2 1 1 1 6/27/2002 7/8/2000 2 2 2 2 1/13/2003 7/18/2005 2 3 3 3 7/18/2005 4/8/2006 2 4 4 4 8/23/2006 3/10/2007 2 5 5 5 3/10/2007 3/27/2007 ; data want; set have; by id; lastend=lag(edate); if then lastend=.; if or sdate ^=lastend then grp+1; format lastend mmddyy.; run; data want; set want; by grp; if first.grp and ^last.grp then do; PGMSTART=0; PGM_FLG...

Netra X1, Corrupt text received via serial connection
Hi, I have just got hold of a Sun Netra X1 and would like to install Solaris 9 (or 10) onto it. The problem I have is that when I connect to the serial console I get the LOM prompt alright, but after typing some commands like "help" I get back scrambled text with some parts recognizable. I am using a Cisco serial cable which has the same pinout as the sun original cable (I have also made up a cable as per the Sun spec in the netra manual). I have also tried connecting to the server via a Linux server, a Sun Sparstation 5 and a windows laptop (using a variety of software hyperterm,...