Converting a VI from LabView 7.1 down to LabView 5.1

Can anyone help me converting a VI from LabView 7.1 down to LabView 5.1

Format date/time i 5.1 does not support weeks in new millenium

In LabView 5.1 i get that the first week in 2006 i week 52. But the format date/time in LabView 7.1 works fine.

week.vi:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/159626/1/week.vi
0
mme (5)

Am I right in understanding you want to convert to a version whioch does NOT work properly?

I can't do it, but I'm sure someone will.

However, bear in mind that some functions are not available in LV 5.1
which are in 7.1.  I can't open your VI, so I don't actually know
what's in your VI.

May I ask why you want to convert to a non-working version?

Shane.
0
x9561 (148439)
1/6/2006 1:40:48 PM
I want to convert because some of our test are still running on LV5.1
We have encountered the problem with extracting the week number from the Windows time.
My new VI i made the same way i LV 7.1 as it was i LV 5.1, but the function Format date/time string works in LV 7.1
I use the component Get Date/Time In Seconds and Format Date/Time Strint with format date/time string %W
0
mme (5)
1/6/2006 1:40:50 PM
That is correct.
It works in LV 7.1 but not in LV 5.1
0
mme (5)
1/6/2006 1:40:50 PM
mme@develco.dk wrote:Can anyone help me converting a VI from LabView 7.1 down to LabView 5.1      Format date/time i 5.1 does not support weeks in new millenium     In LabView 5.1 i get that the first week in 2006 i week 52. But the format date/time in LabView 7.1 works fine.I'm
not sure what you are talking about. Opening that VI both in LabVIEW
7.1 and 5.1 (I recreated it for 5.1 as simple as it is) gives me in
both cases 01 as result.

So what are you trying to say here?

Rolf KalbermatterMessage Edited by rolfk on 01-06-2006  02:33 PM

week51.JPG:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/159635/1/week51.JPG

week71.JPG:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/159635/2/week71.JPG
0
x9561 (148439)
1/6/2006 1:40:51 PM
Yes. That would be nice.

0
mme (5)
1/6/2006 1:40:53 PM
Thank you everyone.
It seems that the problem isn't with the VI but with Windows 98. The old program we are running runs on WIN98 and LV 5.1, so that is the problem.
0
mme (5)
1/6/2006 2:10:42 PM
Ah, I see now what the problem was,

Your original post didn't mention the "native" 5.1 version wasn't
working.  I now realise you were hoping that the 7.1 version saved
to 5.1 would get around this problem.......  Shame it doesn't work
though.

If the OS doesn't support it, then there's really not much LV can do.

Sorry I couldn't help.

Shane.
0
x9561 (148439)

Save VI developed in Labview 6.1 to work in Labview 5.1
I have been working with Labview 6.1 but I need to execute my VIs in Labview 5.1 too. What can I do to reuse all the VIs without having to develop them again in Labview 5.1? I am not able to save my VIs as 5.1 from Labview 6.1 It only allows me to save them as Labview 6.0 Thank you! Assuming they can be converted, and there's not too many, you might want to try posting them here for someone to convert. (convert to 6.0 first and zip) Not too elegant but may get you out of a bind. Hello, Yes, each new version of LabVIEW only carries the capability to save for one version previous. So, you would need to save the 6.1 VIs for vesion 6.0, and then from LabVIEW 6.0 save for 5.1. If there aren't too many VIs, one of our engineers here would most likely have no problem with making the conversion for you. You could email NI with them to make it more private, if you'd like, rather than posting them on the site. (To create an email request, go to www.ni.com/ask). Hope this helps! Liz Fausak National Instruments ...

converting vi 5.1.1 to labview 8.5 format
hi   i am attaching a list of vi files that were written using labview 5.1.1. can someone convert it to labview 8.5 compatible format? it would be of great help to me. nasa_horita_vi.zip: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/301823/1/nasa_horita_vi.zip ...

Is LabVIEW 7.1 Aug2005 identical to LabView 7.1 May2005?
I am attempting to have a coworker at a remote site set up their PC with the exact same software as one that I have here.  I used the August 2005 CDs from Developer Suite.  My coworker tells me that he has the TestStand 3.1, and the Device Driver CDs from the Aug2005 Dev Suite shipment, but he can only find LabView 7.1 from the May2005 delivery.   I would like to safely assume that LabView 7.1 is LabView 7.1, regardless of whether it was shipped in May or August, but it is really important to me to make absolutely sure that we end up with the same software versions.  So I was hoping somebody could confirm that the May and August CDs (Dev Suite, 2005) contain the exact same LabView software version.   I noticed that there were 3 LabView 7.x version selections for submitting this issue;  7.0    7.1    and    7.1.1   I set up my PC using Aug2005 CDs and my LabView splash screen shows "7.1".  Can I assume that if I had version 7.1.1 that I would see "7.1.1" on the splash screen?  (Many pieces of software do not show the 2nd decimal point or anything past it on their splash screen.  The Help | About selection for LabView just ends up showing the splash screen again.)   My Aug2005 CD shows "7.1" printed on it.  Can I assume that my LabView CD would have &quo...

Controlling VI Logger 1.1.1 with LabVIEW 7.1
I have LabVIEW 7.1 on my system and installed VI Logger (1.1 them upgraded to 1.1.1). I would like to programatically control VI Logger with LabVIEW. There are references to VIs under the Advanced pallate to do just that, but I cannot find them or any help files to explain what to do. Where do I find these VIs? ...

mikeS81 please help me converting vi 5.1.1 to labview 8.5
hi mikes81 &nbsp; i am attaching a list of vi files that were written using labview 5.1.1. can you convert it to labview 8.5 compatible format? it would be of great help to me. nasa_horita_vi.zip: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/301835/1/nasa_horita_vi.zip <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;thread.id=301823" target="_blank">duplicate post</a>. Post once and have a little patience. ...

How do I upgrade my VIs from LabVIEW 3.1 to LabVIEW 7.1
&nbsp; Hello, &nbsp; I have&nbsp;met a well known problem. I have to re-use some VIs from old version of LabView (3.1) to newer. &nbsp; Every bit of documention I have found speaks about LabVIEW VI Conversion Kit,&nbsp;with this given part number 776874-03.&nbsp; But I can not get it. &nbsp; Is there somebody to give me a solution? I am working with Windows XP &amp; LabView 7.1. &nbsp; Thank you. &nbsp; &nbsp; ...

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #5
Hi, &nbsp; I'm using a VI on a two photon microscope. It steers the laser beam in the sample (quite the same way as a TV scan, scanning a fast line on the X axis, then moving the line down)&nbsp;controlling two mirrors by the&nbsp;PCI-MIO-16E-4 Multifunctions card&nbsp;on traditional DAQ and at the same time it serves as the acquitision through a non-NI DSP Multifunction-board with on-board buffers and hight data throughput (70 Mb/s). &nbsp; It is this part of the program which gives us strong headaches since we have upgraded to a new PC. On the old machine we used Win2k and Labview 5.0; on the new machine we planned to use WinXP Pro and Labview 7.1. The acquisition part of the VI uses 2 CINs. One is used to configure the FPGA on the Multifunctions board at initialization. The second CIN reads he buffers received from the board and puts them into the shape of an image. &nbsp; Now since we tried in WinXP Pro and Labview 7.1, we get some kind of weird bugs. Either there is a big problem concerning the synchronization of the mirros with the acquisition or with the image reconstruction. We have already tried : &nbsp; 1. Putting everything back into the old machine to verify there has not been any damage to the boards. OK 2. Using the boards in the new machine but with Win2000 and Labiew 5.0, just to be sure that there are no conflicting elements in the hardware. OK &nbsp; As we wanted to check everything slowly but surely we then installed LV ...

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #7
[...]

DSC module 7.1 labview 7.1, new controls and functions not showing up in labview
Dear Reader, I have installed labview 7.10 (also tried update to 7.11) and DSC module 7.1 I thought I would get additional functions and controls in labview due to installation of this module, but I do not see addtional controls or functions, althought I have searched for them and set the controls to "advance" etc. Anyone any idea what I have to do. thanks and regards. ...

Can I run a LabVIEW 7.1 Application on a system with LabVIEW 6.1?
The VI App did not run properly, even after I installed the LabVIEW 7.1 Run time engine. Perhpas I need to uninstall the LV 6.1 run time engine? Thank you for any suggestions; perhaps it's something minor that I'm overlooking! Are you talking about a 7.1 exe or VI? An executable will run with 6.1 installed and the 7.1 run-time. A 7.1 VI will only run with 7.1 development system. When you say it did not run properly, what exactly do you mean? I am referring to trying to run a 7.1 EXE application on a system with a resident 6.1 development environment, and the 7.1 run-time engine ins...

Converting Labview Test Executive 5.1 to work with LV7.1.1
Hi, &nbsp; I have a test that I wrote many years ago using Labview 5.1 and the Labview test executive 5.1 that I would like to modify. I would very much like to move this code to my current version of Labview which is 7.1.1.&nbsp; When I try to mass compile the Test Exec llb's, I get many errors indicating that some of the vi's have no block diagram, so they cannot be upgraded. Has anyone found a way to do this?&nbsp; &nbsp; Thanks in advance, &nbsp; Howard Spec CMC Electronics Canada Have you tried extracting the library as they were in LV5.1 and placing them into a folder.&nbsp; The open LV7.1.1 and go to that folder, and select it when doing a Mass Compile from LV7.1.1? &nbsp; R Are you trying to convert the Test Exec itself? It has been a long time since I've used that but I'm not sure if that is possible. I think the test exec itself was a product that you needed to get upgrades to. If the VIs without block diagrams are part of the test exec, I don't know what you can do since the test exec has been obsolete for quite&nbsp;a while and may never have gotten an upgrade to 7.1. I was about to say... The Test Executive was TestStand's predecessor, was it not?&nbsp; Written in CVI...&nbsp; The last version I'm aware of is 2.1, not 5.1.. Unless you're talking about a home-made Test Executive written in LV5.1? Or... was there a Labview version of the TestExecutive? R There was both a CVI and LabVIEW ve...

Converting LabView 4 vi. to LabView 7 vi.
I have a collection of programs written in LabView 4. I upgraded to LabView 7 recently. I am now trying to open my old 4 vi's with no luck. No block diagram is the error that I'm getting. Any ideas on converting would be greatly appreciated. Chris Without a block diagram, you cannot open a VI in a newer version because the block diagram is required for the recompile. The only way to upgrade is to find the original VIs with the source code. No one, NI included, can recover a block diagram once it has been deleted. Chris Merriman wrote: > I have a collection of programs written...

[...]

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #9
[...]

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #8
[...]

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #3
[...]

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #2
[...]

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #6
[...]

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #4
[...]

Unable to install LV Runtime Engine 7.1.1 with LabVIEW Professional 8.5.1
I installed&nbsp;LabVIEW Professional Sys. for Windows (XP) 8.5 and then the 8.5.1 update. Somewhere in the original installation, LV Run-time Engine 7.1 was installed. But I need LV RTE 7.1.1. So I attempted to install RTE 7.1.1. Problem: The LV RTE installer aborts with the following message: &nbsp; "Installation aborted. Newer version already installed."&nbsp; &nbsp; Why do I need 7.1.1? I must run some commercial LV executables that were compiled with LV 7.1.1 and will not run under 7.1. :smileysad: You may have to uninstall RTE 8.5.1 to proceed with the 7.1.1 install and then reinstall RTE 8.5.1. &nbsp; I hope this helps! Well, I have to correct myself. MAX indicated that LV RTE 7.1 (not 7.1.1) was installed. My complied LV app indicated that 7.1.1 was not installed. I checked Windows Add New Programs and selected "National Instruments Software" I found that LV RTE 7.1.1 was, in fact, installed. So&nbsp;I selected LabVIEW Runtime Engine 7.1.1 and clicked Repair. After rebooting, My app works correctly. Again, MAX incorrectly displays LV RTE 7.1 (not 7.1.1). My app works, so&nbsp;I don't care. :smileyhappy: ...

Would a LabVIEW 8.5 Executable play nice with LabVIEW 7.1 Development on the Same System?
Our testing computer right now just has the user&nbsp;run the corresponding .vi file since we have LabVIEW 7.1 installed on the computer. &nbsp; If I use 8.5 to compile this .vi to an executable, I realize that I must install the run-time support for 8.5.&nbsp; My question is what effect will installing the 8.5 run-time have on the ability to continue to run the other 7.1 VIs with LabVIEW 7.1.&nbsp; &nbsp; Should I be concerned with losing MAX settings when installing the run-time support for 8.5? I want to be able to run 8.5 executables but also able to open up a 7.1 .vi file in LabVIEW 7.1 and run it that way also. &nbsp; Thanks for your help! I have 8.5 on my system and the idea is to slowly replace the running of the .vi files with .exe files, I was just curious in case my .exe doesn't work I can still run the tests with .vi in the mean time. &nbsp; Thanks for your help folks! &nbsp; ...

LabVIEW 7.1.1 Executable Installer Won't Work When LabVIEW 8.0 Is Installed
I have a LabVIEW 7.1.1 application that I built into an executable.&nbsp; The executable runs fine on the machine I built it on, but if I run the installer it gives me error 1722.&nbsp; The installer launches another executable that is contained within the build, and it seems that it is when the installer gets to that part that it crashes.&nbsp; The executable shows up in the right place, as if the installer completed successfully, and it executes fine.&nbsp; On machines that do not have LabVIEW 8.0 installed on them the installer runs without crashing and it properly runs the executable that it is supposed to run during installation.&nbsp; On every machine that I have tried the installer on that has LabVIEW 8.0 it crashes.&nbsp; Has anyone else seen this problem? Thanks, David R. Asher I made up a simple example, but it works...&nbsp; The software that I am having the problem with contains about 1500 VIs and is proprietary, so I can't post it.&nbsp; Luckily the issue with it not working on computers with LabVIEW 8 isn't an issue for the customer. Thanks, David R. Asher ...

convert VI to labview 7.1
Hi everyone. Could someone please change this VI (made in labview 8.0)&nbsp; so I can read it with labview 7.1? I've seen in this board that it has been done with some other programs. Please, it would really help me. &nbsp; Ali ALICIA.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/278228/1/ALICIA.vi According to what I see, this VI is already in version 7.1. &nbsp; What kind of error do you get when you try to open it? Yup, it's definitely saved in 7.1 format.&nbsp; In the event that you meant to ask for it to be saved in *7.0*, here it is. -D ALICIA_70.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/278255/1/ALICIA_70.vi ...

Help needed: Can anybody convert a hit7104g.llb from LabView 7 into a dll for LabView 6.1??
Gents, I am an absolutley beginner in LabView, but working very hard on it to get a progress.I"ve got great help here at this pages how to find out the first steps installing 2 DSO Scopes Hitachi VC-7104, which are connected via PCI-GPIB.Equipment, settings&nbsp; and communication inside the automation explorer is working perfect.I found a free LabView version inside a PC Magazine, its the LabView 6.1 and I want to let them communicate with my DSO's.There is a driver available but for only for the LabView 7 version.Can anybody convert this file and explain to me how to install it later at LabView 6.1 ??I would be very happy, because my old method was writing data's into the PCMCIA-SRAM card at the DSOand pull out it for reading outit later in a PC, crazy method.Best regards from Germany!Thomas hit7104g.llb: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/343224/1/hit7104g.llb I am converting them. Will post soon R Ok, great!!!Many THX !!Meanwhile I read more in the LV6.1 manual.Thomas A bit messy since I was trying to do it quickly, but all the files should be in LV6.1 in their respective folder. Let me know how it goes. R &nbsp; Converted to LV6.1.zip: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/343390/1/Converted to LV6.1.zip Joe, Moved all folders from your file into the folder C:\Programme\National Instruments\LabVIEW 6.1\instr.lib,same path were the HP34401 instrument is.Then tried a function, like the GO NOGO function and now the communicaton is perfec...

Web resources about - Converting a VI from LabView 7.1 down to LabView 5.1 - comp.lang.labview

PastBook’s Filepicker.io Integration Eases Process Of Converting Facebook Content To Books
PastBook , one of several companies that allow Facebook users to publish their content on the social network in actual books , announced the ...

Zwartz Laminating-Converting B.V. on the App Store on iTunes
Get Zwartz Laminating-Converting B.V. on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

"Occupier" Thanked Former Soviet Citizen for "Converting" Him to Capitalism, Pro-Israel, Pro-USA - YouTube ...
May Day Demonstration on Union Square in New York City Zionism & Birth of Modern Israel in 1948: Former Soviet Citizen Pays Tribute to Ben-Gurion ...

Converting dry air to water: solution to Broken Hill's water crisis gains support
A one-man crusade by a Broken Hill resident to solve the historic town's water crisis by introducing air to water converters is gaining support. ...