Converting PDF to image data

Hi.

I've been trying to find a way to convert a PDF file to image data. Is it possible to do this, for example, via Active X?

- Sami
0
x9561 (148440)

Hi Sami,
what exactly do you mean? How do you define which part should become an image? One solution could be to open the pdf and make a screenshot of it.
Mike
0
x9561 (148440)
8/4/2008 8:40:06 AM
Well, the idea is to open a PDF file that has only one page, save the page as a .bmp and convert the .bmp into a pixel map, and finally save the needed coordinates from the image data into an array.

The use of screenshots is working well, but the final solution should do that automatically since there are probably thousands of PDF files to handle.

- Sami
0
x9561 (148440)
8/4/2008 9:10:12 AM
Hi hotsam,
you can make the screenshot automatically. See&nbsp;<a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;thread.id=252582&amp;view=by_date_ascending&amp;page=1" target="_blank">this thread</a>&nbsp;for more information about it.
&nbsp;
Hope it helps.
Mike
0
x9561 (148440)
8/4/2008 9:40:25 AM
Ok. I'll check out that thread. Thank you very much.
&nbsp;
- Sami
0
x9561 (148440)
8/4/2008 9:40:26 AM
Google PDF2JPG or PDF2PNG. You'll find a number of converters that do this.
I'm sure some will be usable through the command line. Some might be free...

Regards,

Wiebe.

VeryPDF PDF To Image Converter v2.0
For Immediate Release Contact: support@verypdf.com http://www.verypdf.com/ http://www.verypdf.com/pdf2tif/index.htm VeryPDF PDF To Image Converter v2.0 - Convert Adobe PDF file to Image Formats PDF To Image Converter Introduction (Document) PDF To Image Converter is an application program based on Windows platform, which can directly convert PDF files to dozens of image formats, such as TIF, TIFF, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, EMF, PCX, TGA and so on, it does support whole PDF file to image file conversion, include text, line, arc, ellipse, Bezier, color, image, form and other type elements. PD...

Labview image data from Apogee ALTA using icamera2, how to handle the pointer value (pointer to the image array). Labview does not understand pointer VALUES. Does anyone have a work around??
I have a new Apogee Alta internet camera which uses the icamera2 methods. Apogee in their infinite wisdom wants VALUE of the pointer to the image array passed in GetImage. Labview does not understand pointer VALUES!&nbsp; Is there a solution other tahn writing an additional DDL to obtain the VALUE of the pointer to the array??&nbsp; I am a marginal C programmer an have never written a DLL.&nbsp; Would that be hard??? Would it work??? Tahnks ...

converting Hex image data to Charater based data
I wrote a program that creates a barcode as an Postscript Image in Hex see below: [154 0 0 -24 0 24]{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}image but I need to convert the file to an EPS file. When I run it thur Ghostscript I now get: image !3;";bLu>/P1f\b4C[.^LB2P4!3:^c?&%L&E7O_op#:Q,E<13s!3;!mhA`0mZul0l*T=R50*-41 !3:^u>Xr8k1H,'NjRV.7"T`b\!3;>3e"C3]EG)iSC`O]Jo)X!K!3:^+=Ze2Wp,gG\N=G_43rsK= !3<1E_29dq'3Y/)boC%l_Z=np!3:Ze7)rebd_Ub1/[5'Z:B>UQ!3;Dn9/%n0nJ_e*Kea\W)Zb)r !3;G'?USc%E>J...

LabVIEW: TDMS file data could not be converted into the specified data type.
Hi all, I try to convert TDM and TDMS files to a text file. &nbsp; With the TDM files there is no problem to read different data types (such as numerics, date/ time, and so on) as an array of strings, by using the "Get Properties" TDM Storage-VI: I've set the output data format to "Array of strings". &nbsp; But I've problems to read channels from a TDMS file with different data types, because I always get an error &nbsp; "Error -2525 occurred at TDMS Read in mainASCIIConverter.vi Possible reason(s): LabVIEW:&nbsp; TDMS file data could not be converted into the specified data type." &nbsp; , when I try to read a channel with data type "date/time" as a 1D-&nbsp;string array with the TDMS read&nbsp;VI (see attached picture)! &nbsp; Can anyone help me to solve this problem? &nbsp; Thanks daHans &nbsp; &nbsp; TDMSread.JPG: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/237934/1/TDMSread.JPG The Storage VIs have a built-in mechanism for converting numeric data into strings, the upside being that it is convenient, the downside being that you have no influence on the formatting. The TDM Streaming API only converts data amongst different numeric types. If you need some code that converts all data coming from a TDMS file into strings, look at some of the code we use within the TDMS File Viewer in order to display all data in a table. The VI you're looking for is ..\vi.lib\Utility\tdmsutil.llb\l...

Converting from 8bit binary image to rgb image within Labview
Hello &nbsp; I am having trouble converting from a 8bit binary image to rgb image within Labview. I have tried using image to array and array to image but I'm new to labview and am having problems.I am having problems setting up a 2d array with i think the conversion needs.&nbsp;I would be very greatful if someone has code to do this or could help me. &nbsp; Thanks, &nbsp; Sean Thanks for reply. Its an 8bit binary image that I'm trying to convert to a colour image. I think I should use image to array and array to image but I'm not sure how to make a 2d array and convert from binary to colour as I'm new to labview.&nbsp;the link shows how to break colour image into rgb elements which im not trying to do.Can anyone help&nbsp;PLEASE ...

Convert PDF to Image
Hi, I need to convert a page from a PDF to a JPG image. I have found a solution based on jdk 1.4 version, but i need to find an equivalent for the jdk 1.3. http://www.jpedal.org/image_tut1.php I have an other linker question : Do a JAR 'imageio' exists for java 1.3 with all classes javax.imageio.* of the jdk 1.4 ? Thanks. OTB wrote: .... > I need to convert a page from a PDF to a JPG image. Why JPEG? JPEG is not well suited to storing images that are mostly text or line drawings. PNG might be better suited (especially if you drop the image to 256 or less colors). > I hav...

raw image data to binary image data
Hi MATLAB newsgroup I have a bunch of 128 x 128 x 128 16bit-integer raw data images taken by a NMR scanner. I will hopefully be using a program to register the images. But the program I am using requires the images to be in a 32bit float binary image file. So I would need to convert the images from 16bit integer raw data to 32bit float binary data Is this conversion possible in MATLAB? If it is possible, could anyone lead me in the right direction to as how I could make this conversion (i.e helpful functions and/or pseudo-code)? Any help would be appreciated, Trevor On Sat, 23 May 2009 00...

Looking for PDF to image converter
Hallo, I am looking voor a java source/library for converting PDF to an image; The acrobat view bean has a memory leak; look at my post (marcbier) in: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/adobeacrobatviewer/messages/ Help appreciate Marcus Bierman wrote: > Hallo, > I am looking voor a java source/library for converting PDF to an image; > > The acrobat view bean has a memory leak; look at my post (marcbier) in: > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/adobeacrobatviewer/messages/ > > Help appreciate > Marcus > > This would be a starting point but not the answer: http:/...

Converting a Jpg image to pdf
Hi, I have read all the image to pdf conversion related topics in this forum. I tried to create a jpg to pdf convertor using C. I followed all the rules given in the PDF Reference Specification. When i try to open the output pdf file from my program in Acrobat Reader 6.0. I am getting an error "There was an error while trying to parse an image". After i click ok i get a blank page without any image. Can Anyone tell me where might be the problem? Here is the code of the PDF file created : The Image is JPEG image and height =3D 535 and width =3D 723. I calculated the Size of...

convert PDF to image format
hi, I need convert a pdf to an image format(gir, jpg..)I have to do this because an external program give me all time a file in pdf format. It only have an image, and I need this image in my java program... anyone know how can I do that??? Thanks for you attention. ...

Converting a BMP image to PDF
Hi, I have written a jpeg to pdf conversion code in C. It is working fine. Now i am trying for bmp images. bmp images are stored in bottom up manner for which i wrote a function and inverted the image data. Then i changed the RGB to BGR. Now the problem is the image is displaying in PDF but it has tilted towards the right side.it is displaying as if it was skewed for 30-45 degrees angle. Please let me know what should i do to make the image display in a correct manner. Without applying my inverting function and RGB to BGR function also the image is displayed in inverted and red and bl...

Convert a pdf to an image format with imagemagick
Hi to all!!! I'm trying to convert a pdf file into an image, for example JPG or PNG format, with ImageMagick. I use the command line. For example: convert header.pdf header.jpg. But I obtain a bad result. The jpg's quality is very low. Why? I tried to use - quality 100 option but there isn't improvement. I think also that this option isn't active for the pdf conversion to an image format or not? I need some good ideas :D... Thanks to all fem <femtox77@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1185204380.330805.101900@r34g2000hsd.googlegroups.com... > Hi to all!!! > >...

Converting Word to PDF -- Image quality
I have tried many online and downloadable converters, trying to convert http://www.orbisoft.com/products/taskmanager/2005/usermanual/files/manual.doc to PDF format. The latest I have used is http://www.primopdf.com The thing is that the images appear 'perfect' in Word but in PDF they are fuzzy. Any ideas? TIA Mark "Mark 123" <none@none.com> wrote: >I have tried many online and downloadable converters, trying to convert >http://www.orbisoft.com/products/taskmanager/2005/usermanual/files/manual.doc >to PDF format. > >The latest I have used is http:/...

PDF Converter Mac
PDF Converter for Mac can help you: Convert PDF to Word Document (*.doc); Convert PDF to Excel spreadsheets (*.xls); Convert PDF to PowerPoint presentations (*.pptx); Convert PDF to EPUB eBooks (*.epub); Convert PDF to Text files (*.txt); Convert PDF to HTML pages (*.html); Print restricted PDF files; Resize images of PDF files; Edit PDF files in Microsoft Office; Share PDF files on internet easily; Change contents in any existing PDF files; Modify typos and misspellings in PDF files; Calculate and edit data in Microsoft Excel; Read PDF eBooks on mobile devices, such as iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Sony reader and more; Extract the text, images, graphics, tables and hyperlinks for reusing in other applications. More Info: http://www.pdf-converter-mac.net/ PDF to Word Converter for Mac: http://www.pdf-converter-mac.net/pdf-to-word/ PDF to Word Converter for Mac is specially designed for Mac users, which helps to convert PDF to Word on Mac OS X. PDF to PPT Converter for Mac: http://www.pdf-converter-mac.net/pdf-to-ppt/ PDF to PPT Converter for Mac empowers Mac users to convert PDF to Microsoft PowerPoint accurately. PDF to Excel Converter for Mac: http://www.pdf-converter-mac.net/pdf-to-excel/ PDF to Excel Converter for Mac extracts the data in the PDF file to Excel spreadsheets for easy editing and calculating. PDF to ePub Converter for Mac: http://www.pdf-converter-mac.net/pdf-to-epub/ PDF to EPUB Converter for Mac is an efficient PDF to E...

help me on PDF ebook converted from image
Dear all, I need your help. I have got a book in PDF format with huge volume (about 100MB). It was produced from scan image with high resolution. However, around every page there is black frame, and the paper size in that book is different because of different resolution when they are scan. I hope to know if there is a program that could remove the black frame around the page and resize the paper to a same size. Any hints will be appreciated. Jinsong Zhao Hi, On 22 Apr 2006 06:26:22 -0700 "Jinsong Zhao" <Jinsong.Zhao@gmail.com> wrote: > I need your help. I have got ...

Converting an imaged curve to digital data
Hello, I have a few graphs that i have scanned into the computer and wish to digitize them such that i could get the x and y coordinates along the curve to determine the function the that was used or created with in the data set. I saw a few in the file exchange but wanted to know which would be the best for non-linear graphs. All your help will be greatly appreciated! MT "Markthomas" <uebermenchens@yahoo.com> wrote in message <h22ee1$93b$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hello, > > I have a few graphs that i have scanned into the computer and wish to digitize the...

How can I convert .txt to .pdf or .pdf to .pdf, controlling fonts?
I am trying to put some Quicken reports onto my iPhone, and I find the default .pdf print font is not clear enough. I'd like to try the Arial font (which I find to be the clearest of all fonts), but this involves either 1- converting the Quicken report .txt file to a .pdf, somehow, with control of the font, or 2- converting the Quicken report .pdf file from the default font to an Arial font .pdf and then moving the resulting .pdf to my iPhone. So far, I have failed. Does anyone know how to do this, either on a mac or on a pc? In article <4cdd4f7e$0$18655$c3e8da3$38634283@news.astraweb.com>, Gary <gary_w1@hotline.com> wrote: > I am trying to put some Quicken reports onto my iPhone, and I find > the default .pdf print font is not clear enough. I'd like to try the > Arial font (which I find to be the clearest of all fonts), but this > involves either > > 1- converting the Quicken report .txt file to a .pdf, somehow, with > control of the font, or > > 2- converting the Quicken report .pdf file from the default font to > an Arial font .pdf > > and then moving the resulting .pdf to my iPhone. > > So far, I have failed. Does anyone know how to do this, either on a > mac or on a pc? Open the file in Quicken. Use the Arial font in the size of your choice. Select "Print" and then click on the "PDF" button on the print dialog box. Se...

Image PDF to Searchable PDF
Hello, Is there any way to convert an image only PDF to a searchable PDF without going through a scanner? In other words, are there software that can do this task directly on the computer? Or, does using OCR software merely mean running the image PDF file through the software and produce a searchable PDF? What reliable softwares are available? Are there programs that run independently? That is, without needing full Acrobat or aome other adjunct software? Thanks, Guru gururajan20815@yahoo.com (Gururajan Ramachandran) wrote in message news:<f72691a.0311200601.27406ab7@posting.google.co...

How can I convert a bitmap image into an array in LabVIEW...
How can I convert a bitmap image into an array in LabVIEW 6.0.2, then to a spreadsheet for further analysis without NI-IMAQ or Vision? I do not have NI-IMAQ or NI Vision. I acquired the image using a picolo board then just saved it as a bitmap file. You want to convert it to an array of what? Of numbers? Of LabVIEW colors? The "Read BMP File.vi" VI outputs a 1-D array of the pixels, but I suspect it is not exactly in the format that you need. I am NOT sure, but I think that each group of 3 elements of that 1-D array (which is inside the cluster "image data" that the VI...

Data, data, data,
I have been tasked to dump around 400GB of data in physical files into a flat files and the transfer them from an iSeries 810 V5r3 to a windows server. I was going to CPYTOIMPF to a stram file and then copy over to the Windows server from the IFS. Anyone have a better idea or any suggestions? Thanks, Thad Rizzi Hi Thad If you have loads of free disk space on your 810 then your method is fine but if not you may consider Simply FTPing or iSeroes Access file transfering the files directly from the iSeries files to Windows Text file. You can get the either FTP or iSeries Access to carry out...

how to store image as jpeg when converting to pdf with gs
Hi, I am a newbie to gs. Please point me to the right direction if this has been covered elsewhere... My question is like this: I am preparing some conference material and need to convert some ps file submitted by various authors using gs in linux. Some of the ps files are very large because they contains 3D contour plot with millions of data points. It is a waste as no one can see such detail... After making the pdf, you can see acroread display the points "layer by layer" for minutes.... The problem will be solved if these big images can be converted to jpeg. I wonder if it is possible to do? here is my existing command. gs -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -sOutputFile=foo.pdf -c ..setpdfwrite -f file1.ps file2.ps TIA ozonehole2k@yahoo.com (Ozone Hole near South Pole) wrote: >Some of the ps files are very large because they contains 3D contour >plot with millions of data points. It is a waste as no one can see >such detail... After making the pdf, you can see acroread display the >points "layer by layer" for minutes.... The problem will be solved if >these big images can be converted to jpeg. TIFF, I hope. JPEG is only for photos... ---------------------------------------- Aandi Inston quite@dial.pipex.com http://www.quite.com Please support usenet! Post replies and follow-ups, don't e-mail them. ...

Convert a created binary image data to a shape file
Hi I have detected road segments from a satellite image using matlab. And the extracted data is in a binary image. Is there a way to convert the extracted data to a shape file using matlab. Thanks in advance ...

GhostPCL converts large font sizes to images in PDF
I've got a PCL file with embedded fonts. GhostPCL does a good job creating a PDF of the file, but text in large font sizes gets converted to images. Text in smaller sizes of the same font stays text in the PDF. In particular, text at 12 points stays text, but text at 14, 15 or 24 points, in the exact same font, is converted to images. So I'm taking a double-hit on space- the embedded font takes up room, and the images take up more room. And, of course, the images aren't searchable. I tried GhostPCL 1.38, 1.40 and 1.41 with the same results (slighty different resulting PDF file sizes). Anyone else see this, and is there anything to do to fix it? I started looking through the source to see if there's some code I can change, but there are so many source files I haven't made much of a dent yet. Thanks- Sean Sean Riddle wrote: > I've got a PCL file with embedded fonts. GhostPCL does a good job > creating a PDF of the file, but text in large font sizes gets converted > to images. Text in smaller sizes of the same font stays text in the > PDF. In particular, text at 12 points stays text, but text at 14, 15 > or 24 points, in the exact same font, is converted to images. So I'm > taking a double-hit on space- the embedded font takes up room, and the > images take up more room. And, of course, the images aren't > searchable. I tried GhostPCL 1.38, 1.40 and 1.41 with the same results > (slighty different resultin...

Images converted to PDF from Word look fuzzy and/or jagged?
I'm having lots of trouble converting Microsoft Word documents to PDF. Specifically, some images look great in Microsoft Word (I've tested up to 300%!) but look fuzzy and/or jagged in PDF format, even at 100%. The images in question are in JPEG format. I've tried a bunch of different ways to convert the Word documents to PDF, including PDFCreator, OpenOffice, and Adobe Acrobat 6. I've tried playing with the Adobe quality settings without much luck. Am I missing something? Why do images look fine in JPEG format and after they are pasted into Word, but hacked up in PDF format? Would starting out with a different image format in the first place somehow make a difference? Thanks for the advice! ...

Web resources about - Converting PDF to image data - comp.lang.labview

Converting dry air to water: solution to Broken Hill's water crisis gains support
A one-man crusade by a Broken Hill resident to solve the historic town's water crisis by introducing air to water converters is gaining support. ...