Create Run And Stop Buttons on Front Panel, rather than using the toolbar run/stop

I would like to make my vi more user friendly by creating start and
stop buttons on the front panel.  I havent found much info on how to
create them.  I have created a boolean stop button to stop my FOR
LOOP.

-Chris
0
x9561 (148440)

Creating the buttons is easy - just select the style you want from the
Boolean palette. What you need to do is change your diagram and the VI
properties. To have a VI automatically start running when opened, open
VI Properties by selecting that under the File menu or right clicking
the VI's icon. Select Execution and check the Run when opened box. If
you need the user to enter some data or change parameters before
running the program, there's a couple of ways to go about it with a
front panel Start button. You could have a separate while loop with
just the start button in it and connect an output of that to a main
while loop. This creates data flow and ensures that the start while
loop executes before the main. You could create a simple state
machine. There's a couple of shipping examples. Just open the Example
Finder and enter state for the keyword. You could also use the Event
structure. Again, there are several shipping examples. Instead of
doing a search, you could also browse the Example Finder and look at
what's underneath the Building User Interfaces topic.

p.s. I don't think you created a stop button for a for loop as there
is no way to stop a for loop. What you can stop is a while loop.
0
x9561 (148440)