Delete a record from a table in a Database with Database Connectivity

I can't find the function from the Database Connectivity library that allows me to delete a record from a table of the database. I tried to use DB Tools Free Object.vi function but this one deletes only the table created with a query.

Thankyou
0
x9561 (148466)

I have the same problem to delete a record from a table in a Database. I couldn't understand your answers very well. Can anyone give some more details? If you already have got the solution, could you let me know? Thank you very much!
Jane
0
x9561 (148466)
12/30/2005 2:13:54 AM
I have used the sql query as described above and it works fine with access DB and the DB toolkit, the free object vi only deallocated a recordset's references this will noty alter the database since the record is a copy of the databases information.  The SQL delete function is very versatile and you should be able to delete records with no problem.

Paul
0
x9561 (148466)
12/30/2005 11:41:04 PM
If I want to delete the nth record, I have to first move the recordset to nth location, then use the SQL delete, but there seems no SQL execute vi for recordset. The record to be deleted is not fixed value, it is a control.
Thanks, Jane

0
x9561 (148466)
12/31/2005 2:10:08 AM
Get the unique key from the nth record in the record set then use this value to write your delete SQL command.

Paul
0
x9561 (148466)

Need to Open Database from another Database and delete table within
I am trying to open Database #2 while in Database #1 and delete a table that is in #2 so that I can copy a table from #1 into #2 - all through a function. My Database #2, as part of the start up, opens a form for user sign in. It is not starting up with autoexec. I do not want the function to open the window and subsequently open the form in Database #2. Is there anyway to get around this? If I put the open form in the autoexec and not in the start up, can I work around it? And if so, can anyone offer any help or suggestions on the how to's. I have spent the day trying to find a way around it and have gotten nowhere, but confused. Thanks in advance for any help! > I am trying to open Database #2 while in Database #1 and delete a > table that is in #2 so that I can copy a table from #1 into #2 - all > through a function. My Database #2, as part of the start up, opens a > form for user sign in. It is not starting up with autoexec. I do not > want the function to open the window and subsequently open the form in > Database #2. Is there anyway to get around this? If I put the open > form in the autoexec and not in the start up, can I work around it? > And if so, can anyone offer any help or suggestions on the how to's. > I have spent the day trying to find a way around it and have gotten > nowhere, but confused. Have you considered simply exporting the table from the current db (#1) into db #2? Look up the "TransferDatabas...

Accessing a Microsoft SQL 2000 database using Labview Database Connectivity Kit
Hello people,,,... i am new to Labview Database Connectivity Kit. Currently, I Have created a Database using Microsoft SQL 2000, but i am not sure how to let my labview program read and write to this database i have created.... So far, I have only suceeded in using the Database Toolkit to read/write to a Microsoft Access DataBase, but not a Microsoft SQL 2000 Database. thanks a lot... terence There's an online PowerPoint presentation that can help you get started using the SQL commands for the Database Toolkit in LabVIEW, which you can access <a href="http://zone.ni.com/devzone/learningcenter.nsf/03f7c60f17aad210862567a90054a26c/f1cdf7a07969485086256936005a3609?OpenDocument" target="_blank">here</a>. Also browse through some SQL database examples and white papers from the <a href="http://zone.ni.com/devzone/devzone.nsf/webcategories/0F9EE47C28AA0628862567AC004EDCE3" target="_blank">Database section of the Developer's Zone</a>. ...

To retrive a table from one database to and another database(same table)
hi i have emp table in one database , how to retrieve same table another database through query analizer give code ,,, Hi, use the three part notation: SELECT * FROM database.owner.Objectname (replace owner by schema for SQL2k5) HTH, Jens Suessmeyer. --- http://www.sqlserver2005.de --- Hi surya While the first database is "Current" as would result from: Use FirstDatabaseName select * from OtherDatabaseName..Emp -- -Dick Christoph "surya" <suryaitha@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1142588469.061525.268810@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com... > hi > i have emp table in one database , how to retrieve same table another > database > through query analizer > give code ,,, > ...

Newbie: VB6 Deleting Combo Box Records from Database Table
Hi, I'm using VB6 and SQL 2000. I have searched the google.com and the google groups for hours to find this solution. I have a application with will allow administrators to add/delete users. To delete the user, I would like for them to select the user from the combo box. My problem is I don't know how to make the selected item of the combo box to match up with the record in the database table. I have posted my code for the delete command button below. Also, note that the For Each statement worked in another application which used a datagrid to delete items. The property was datagrid1.selbookmarks. Any help is appreciated!!! Private Sub cmdDelete_Click() On Error GoTo errorhandler Dim Db As Connection Dim tempRecSet As Recordset Dim strSQL As String Dim varBmk As Variant Dim strUserId As Integer Set Db = New Connection Set tempRecSet = New Recordset Db.CursorLocation = adUseClient Db.Open "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=IPLBXApps;Data Source=UF2KODBS1" strSQL = "SELECT * FROM tblusers" tempRecSet.Open strSQL, Db, adOpenStatic, adLockOptimistic For Each varBmk In cbxUser.ItemData tempRecSet.Bookmark = varBmk tempRecSet.Delete tempRecSet.UpdateBatch tempRecSet.Requery Next MsgBox "Deleted User!" frmUserMaint.Refresh Exit Sub errorhandler: Select Case Err.Number Case Else MsgBox (Err.Number & ", " & Err.D...

I am trying to set up a database using the database connectivity toolkit and 8.5. I have tables setup and each one has an autoincrementing primary ID key.
I have very little experience with databases, but I have to set one up. I am setting up a relational BD, I have several tables set up, each has a primary key set up as a ID, autoincrement. &nbsp; How can I not send this column data, and let it autoincrement like it should so that it is a unique entry. I keep on getting an error that says that the number of colums don't match. Is there any way to do this. &nbsp; I want the database to keep track of the line count for this, and increment when each new entry arrives.&nbsp; Does this make any sense? The insert data VI has a Columns input which is a 1D string array. Each element in the array corresponds to an element in the cluster, so you can just use the names of the columns and not use the ID column. I think that is what I was doing, but it did not like it, I kept getting an error saying that the array that I was sending did not have the same number of columns as the table I was sending it to. When I read the database and list out the tables and the columns, I see that ID as one column in each table. That is my problem, It seems like I have to define each element and I have to send the same number of elements as there are in the table. I am using that as the primary key so I can not by definition send that a null, it has to be&nbsp;unique.&nbsp;&nbsp; questionable wrote: It seems like I have to define each element and I have to send the same number of elements as there are in the table. No, the...

Can you create a table type of record set in Jet

Link from one database to tables of other database
Hi, I am trying to Link one MS Access database to the tables of a second MS Access database using Tools-->Database Utilities-->Linked Table Manager. I receive the error "Method 'List' of Object 'IFieldListWnd' failed" I have been successful in doing this before, but do not understand why I can't seem to do this, this time? Thanks for your ideas! Zufie On Mar 24, 9:43=A0am, zufie <john.marru...@illinois.gov> wrote: > Hi, > I am trying to Link one MS Access database to the tables of a second > MS Access database using Tools-->Database Utilities-->Linked Table > Manager. > > I receive the error "Method 'List' of Object 'IFieldListWnd' failed" > > I have been successful in doing this before, but do not understand why > I can't seem to do this, this time? > > Thanks for your ideas! > > Zufie Figured it out. For whatever reason, I must first open the application MS Access 2000. Following this I must open the first Access database via the application MS Access 2000 and then proceed to linking the first Access database with the second Access database. Zuf ...

Hello, I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? So, what is the correct syntax ? Thanks for your help Cyril "Cyril" <jewelk@free.fr> wrote in message news:cd38c3d6.0408100617.6f7b9f3e@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. > > Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? > So, what is the correct syntax ? > > > Thanks for your help > > Cyril Look into linked servers in Books Online - you can create a linked server pointing to the Oracle database, then do this: insert into dbo.MSSQLTable select col1, col2, ... from Oracle..SCHEMA.TABLE Alternatively, DTS can move data from Oracle to MSSQL. Simon ...

Establishing connection from Oracle Database to DB2 database
Hi, Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on the same. Waiting for reply. Its critical umeshchoudhary@gmail.com (U C) wrote in news:d06590c8.0504252348.71a5c6f8@posting.google.com: > Hi, > Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database > oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on > the same. > > Waiting for reply. Its critical > use PERL between the two DBs. >Hi, > Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database >oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on >the same. >Waiting for reply. Its critical http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:4406709207206#18830681837358 I have used this to example to connect to DB2. chet ...

Delay between CREATE DATABASE and ability to connect to that database
I have an application that creates a new database during installation, and I've noticed some strange behavior. Once I've created the database, I am able to immediately create tables and populate lookup data, provided I remain connected to the server. If, however, I disconnect and attempt to reconnect immediately, I'll get an error saying that my login is invalid for the new database. I can get around this by having my code simply wait 5 seconds before attempting to reconnect, but I'm curious to see if anybody here can give an explaination for why this is happening. Here is a bit of pseudo code to explain what I'm seeing: open new connection create database create tables populate tables close connection // open new connection /* can't do this yet, as it would break */ for (int a=0; a<5; a++) { Thread.Sleep(2000) try { open new connection break; } catch { Debug("still waiting..."); } } Running my version of this code, I'll see that "still waiting..." message go past 2-3 times before SQL Server wakes up and realizes that I'm allowed to connect to it. Anybody know why? Thanks, Jason Kester Expat Software Consulting Services http://www.expatsoftware.com/ --- Get your own Travel Blog, with itinerary maps and photos! http://www.blogabond.com/ On 6 Oct 2006 17:36:01 -0700, Jason Kester wrote: (snip) Hi Jason, You posted the same question and youy already received some answers there. In the fut...

Database Connectivity Toolset-Fetching Data from Database

UPDATE VALUE IN ACCESS DATABASE-CONNECTIVITY DATABASE?
Hi to all labviewers, I'm trying to update some values in my access database with sql and labview connectivity toolset but i got an error, what is the problem whit my code? note: when i try to update one colum it's work fine. &nbsp; regard's eyal. UPDATE_ACCESS.JPG: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/152737/1/UPDATE_ACCESS.JPG This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0066_01C5EE8B.DE98AE20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I'm not sure if you can use comma's to se...

test connection to a database without specifying a database
Hello! I do the following. 1.Right click on Data Connection in Server Explorer and choose Add connection 2. In the Data Source I select Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient) 3.In server name I enter localhost 4. I select Use Window Authentication 5. I click on Test Connection and the result is Test connection succeeded Now to my question I really don't understand how this is possible to test a connection without specifying any database ? Can somebody explain that. //Tony Tony (johansson.andersson@telia.com) writes: > I do the following. > 1.Right click on Data Connection in Server Explorer and choose Add > connection > 2. In the Data Source I select Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient) > 3.In server name I enter localhost > 4. I select Use Window Authentication > 5. I click on Test Connection and the result is Test connection succeeded > > Now to my question I really don't understand how this is possible to test a > connection > without specifying any database ? > Can somebody explain that. This is because that SQL Server stores a default database for you, which you will be connected to if you do not specify a database. By default this default database is the master database. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books.mspx Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previo...

Identifying Access Databases with tables linked from other Databases/Files
Hi, Have a number of Access Databases that I inherited and want to zip a few of them. My concern is that other active Microsoft Applications may be linking to the database or its tables. Is there a method of searching that will allow me to identify those MS Access files that are linked to. I am not really concerned with itemizing the which files link to which, but just that a link exists. Thanks in advance for any help. Bill It is easy to find the files which it links to but I don't know of any way to find the files which link to it. If you want to find the ones it links to look up the "linked table manager". If you want it the other way round I can't think of any suggestions :( <bill.brennum@grainger.com> wrote in message news:1123692126.033753.32220@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Have a number of Access Databases that I inherited and want to zip a > few of them. My concern is that other active Microsoft Applications > may be linking to the database or its tables. Is there a method of > searching that will allow me to identify those MS Access files that are > linked to. I am not really concerned with itemizing the which files > link to which, but just that a link exists. > > Thanks in advance for any help. > > Bill > John, Thanks for the reply. Yeah I had the linked table manager for the databases linked to. The linked from is what I want. Bill The only way I can think of ...

Help

Delete Records From a Table Using Records in Another Table.
I have been searching many postings and I cant seem to find anyone that has this answer so I decided to post. I am using SQL (Transact-SQL).If I have 2 tables with columns acct_num,activity_date,and pay_amt and I want to delete one instance of a record in table 1 for every instance of that record in table 2 how could I do that. For example. Table 1 ----------- acct activity_date pay_amt 123 5/1/2004 50.00 123 5/1/2004 50.00 123 5/1/2004 50.00 123 5/1/2004 50.00 123 5/1/2004 50.00 Table 2 ----------- acct activity_date pay_amt 123 5/1/2004 50.00 123 5/1/2004 50.00 I need a delete statement that will find 2 of the 5 records(It doesn't matter which 2) and delete them. Leaving table one looking like this. Table 1 ----------- acct activity_date pay_amt 123 5/1/2004 50.00 123 5/1/2004 50.00 123 5/1/2004 50.00 How can I do this?? On 20 Aug 2004 11:28:35 -0700, Philip Mette wrote: > I have been searching many postings and I cant seem to find anyone > that has this answer so I decided to post. I am using SQL > (Transact-SQL).If I have 2 tables with columns > acct_num,activity_date,and pay_amt and I want to delete one instance > of a record in table 1 for every instance of that record in table 2 > how could I do that. For example. > > Table 1 > ----------- > acct activity_date pay_amt > 123 5/1/2004 50.00 &g...

FE database not showing new table added to BE database
Hello All, I've checked around a little on Google (and this group) and have found info similar to what I'm trying to do (i.e., changes that were made in the BE's tables are not reflected in the FE database) and have heard suggestions using code, etcetera. But I need a bit more clarification please. What I'm doing/have done is this (MS Access 2007, FE stored on WXP clients, BE stored on a W2K3 server): My database has been split. A copy of the FE is on each user PC, the BE is stored in shared folder on the server. I've had to (don't ask why please, its one of those things where people don't spend enough time on their biz requirements up front and instead rush to start using a database) add a new table to the system. I added it in the BE file, but when I run the FE, it's not showing up (the other tables from the BE are showing as linked tables with the arrows). I've used the Linked Table Manager in the FE (which isn't available in the BE), but only see the original set of tables from my BE, no mention of the new table that I had to add to the BE. Which brings me to my question, the new table is there in the BE, but its now showing up in the FE's, how can this be accomplished? Is the only way to do this via coding? Rgds, Amit Open the FE. Click on Get External Data. Navigate to your BE and select the missing table. Click Link. You should now see the missing table in your FE. Steve <reelrave@gmail.com> wrote in messag...

delete a table in an external database
hi NG I have got a database, and from this database I want to delete a table in another database, before Iexport a new table to that other database. My question is how can I delete a table in a forein database? Thx in advance Tony Tony wrote: > hi NG > > I have got a database, and from this database I want to delete a table in > another database, before Iexport a new table to that other database. > > My question is how can I delete a table in a forein database? air code: dim db as database set db=opendatabase(yourwhatever) db.execute "drop table yourtable" db.close set db=nothing -- Bas Cost Budde http://www.heuveltop.org/BasCB but the domain is nl I would probably simply use DROP TABLE [External_DB_Path_and_Filename].Tablename in an action query or code. No need for opening connections explicitly. Pavel Bas Cost Budde wrote: > > Tony wrote: > > > hi NG > > > > I have got a database, and from this database I want to delete a table in > > another database, before Iexport a new table to that other database. > > > > My question is how can I delete a table in a forein database? > > air code: > > dim db as database > set db=opendatabase(yourwhatever) > db.execute "drop table yourtable" > db.close > set db=nothing > > -- > Bas Cost Budde > http://www.heuveltop.org/BasCB > but the domain is nl Pavel Romashkin wrote: > I would probably s...

Open a database from a database
I want to be able to open and run an Access database from within an already running one. The OpenDatabase command simply opens it but does not run the startup routine. Interestingly opening from Windows Explorer has a different meaning in that it opens and runs! What command enables me to open another database and get it to run its AutoExec macro, from code? Jim I don't know the answer, but I do know that when you use OpenDatabase the code in a startup form of that database does work. Martin "Jim Devenish" schreef in bericht news:0b4510ac-d415-4c2c-b200-7546aae178a4@gu8g2000vbb.googlegroups.com... I want to be able to open and run an Access database from within an already running one. The OpenDatabase command simply opens it but does not run the startup routine. Interestingly opening from Windows Explorer has a different meaning in that it opens and runs! What command enables me to open another database and get it to run its AutoExec macro, from code? Jim On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 13:37:41 -0700 (PDT), Jim Devenish <internet.shopping@foobox.com> wrote: Have you tried the Shell command? If you weren't using the AutoExec macro but one with another name, you could use the /X command line switch for msaccess.exe -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I want to be able to open and run an Access database from within an >already running one. The OpenDatabase command simply opens it but >does not run the startup routine. Interestingly opening ...

Web resources about - Delete a record from a table in a Database with Database Connectivity - comp.lang.labview

TE Connectivity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
TE Connectivity Ltd. designs and manufactures connectivity and sensor solutions for a variety of industries including automotive, industrial ...

Mark Zuckerberg Goes Into Detail On Facebook Connectivity Lab, Internet.org
Perhaps Facebook Co-Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg is just a wee bit excited about the Connectivity Lab , the initiative aimed at using high-altitude ...

The power of connectivity
By Keven McCammon, site data center manager, Facebook Forest City Data Center Today we announced that we’re partnering with the Town of Forest ...

Facebook, Internet.org launch Connectivity Lab
... CEO Mark Zuckerberg shed some light on the company’s acquisition of drone-maker Titan Aerospace, announcing the launch of Facebook’s Connectivity ...

Samsung Galaxy S3: Connectivity demo - USB OTG, MHL, bluetooth keyboards/mice, games controllers - YouTube ...
AndroidNZ.net - the best source for Galaxy S3 content! For navigation in the video use these links: USB Pendrive @0:55, 500GB portable drive ...

Mid-2012 MacBook Airs offer improved performance and connectivity
Believe it or not, it's been nearly four and a half years since Apple released the original MacBook Air. At the time, it was revolutionary in ...

Connectivity is key in society
They’re billing it as the place where Lewisham meets Summer Hill meets the city – and with good reason.

BMW to launch new connectivity service
Soon your car will notify the dealer when it’s due for a service. BMW Australia will introduce a new suite of in-car connectivity apps in its ...

The key to a successful hybrid cloud infrastructure? Flexible connectivity
It's becoming increasingly clear that - for most organisations - taking a 'hybrid' approach to cloud adoption makes sound business sense.

Facebook Connectivity Lab promotes access to Internet in remote areas - CTV News
Facebook is giving more details about its effort to connect remote parts of the world to the Internet - and it involves drones, lasers and satellites. ...