Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #7

Hi,

I'm using a VI on a two photon microscope. It steers the laser beam in the sample (quite the same way as a TV scan, scanning a fast line on the X axis, then moving the line down) controlling two mirrors by the PCI-MIO-16E-4 Multifunctions card on traditional DAQ and at the same time it serves as the acquitision through a non-NI DSP Multifunction-board with on-board buffers and hight data throughput (70 Mb/s).

It is this part of the program which gives us strong headaches since we have upgraded to a new PC.
On the old machine we used Win2k and Labview 5.0; on the new machine we planned to use WinXP Pro and Labview 7.1.
The acquisition part of the VI uses 2 CINs. One is used to configure the FPGA on the Multifunctions board at initialization.
The second CIN reads he buffers received from the board and puts them into the shape of an image.

Now since we tried in WinXP Pro and Labview 7.1, we get some kind of weird bugs. Either there is a big problem concerning the synchronization of the mirros with the acquisition or with the image reconstruction. We have already tried :

1. Putting everything back into the old machine to verify there has not been any damage to the boards. OK
2. Using the boards in the new machine but with Win2000 and Labiew 5.0, just to be sure that there are no conflicting elements in the hardware. OK

As we wanted to check everything slowly but surely we then installed LV 7.1 on the new machine but still with Win2k. And here the problem appears !
First we thought the drivers for the Multifunctions board (ATEME Adr128C6x) were not compatible with WinXP Pro, so at this point we were quite surprised to notice the problem seems to be caused by the upgrade from LV 5.0 to 7.1 !

Now, finally my question is : Are there any major changes in how Labview handles CINs between LV5.0 and 7.1 ?
Can the problem be caused by the
0
x9561 (148439)

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #5
[...]

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #6
Hi,   I'm using a VI on a two photon microscope. It steers the laser beam in the sample (quite the same way as a TV scan, scanning a fast line on the X axis, then moving the line down) controlling two mirrors by the PCI-MIO-16E-4 Multifunctions card on traditional DAQ and at the same time it serves as the acquitision through a non-NI DSP Multifunction-board with on-board buffers and hight data throughput (70 Mb/s).   It is this part of the program which gives us strong headaches since we have upgraded to a new PC. On the old machine we used Win...

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #2
Hi,   I'm using a VI on a two photon microscope. It steers the laser beam in the sample (quite the same way as a TV scan, scanning a fast line on the X axis, then moving the line down) controlling two mirrors by the PCI-MIO-16E-4 Multifunctions card on traditional DAQ and at the same time it serves as the acquitision through a non-NI DSP Multifunction-board with on-board buffers and hight data throughput (70 Mb/s).   It is this part of the program which gives us strong headaches since we have upgraded to a new PC. On the old machine we used Win...

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #4
Hi,   I'm using a VI on a two photon microscope. It steers the laser beam in the sample (quite the same way as a TV scan, scanning a fast line on the X axis, then moving the line down) controlling two mirrors by the PCI-MIO-16E-4 Multifunctions card on traditional DAQ and at the same time it serves as the acquitision through a non-NI DSP Multifunction-board with on-board buffers and hight data throughput (70 Mb/s).   It is this part of the program which gives us strong headaches since we have upgraded to a new PC. On the old machine we used Win...

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #8
Hi,   I'm using a VI on a two photon microscope. It steers the laser beam in the sample (quite the same way as a TV scan, scanning a fast line on the X axis, then moving the line down) controlling two mirrors by the PCI-MIO-16E-4 Multifunctions card on traditional DAQ and at the same time it serves as the acquitision through a non-NI DSP Multifunction-board with on-board buffers and hight data throughput (70 Mb/s).   It is this part of the program which gives us strong headaches since we have upgraded to a new PC. On the old machine we used Win...

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #9
Hi,   I'm using a VI on a two photon microscope. It steers the laser beam in the sample (quite the same way as a TV scan, scanning a fast line on the X axis, then moving the line down) controlling two mirrors by the PCI-MIO-16E-4 Multifunctions card on traditional DAQ and at the same time it serves as the acquitision through a non-NI DSP Multifunction-board with on-board buffers and hight data throughput (70 Mb/s).   It is this part of the program which gives us strong headaches since we have upgraded to a new PC. On the old machine we used Win...

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #3
Hi,   I'm using a VI on a two photon microscope. It steers the laser beam in the sample (quite the same way as a TV scan, scanning a fast line on the X axis, then moving the line down) controlling two mirrors by the PCI-MIO-16E-4 Multifunctions card on traditional DAQ and at the same time it serves as the acquitision through a non-NI DSP Multifunction-board with on-board buffers and hight data throughput (70 Mb/s).   It is this part of the program which gives us strong headaches since we have upgraded to a new PC. On the old machine we used Win...

open file that created on LabVIEW 7.0 EXPREES with LabVIEW 7.1 version
hi all, why i can't open file that open/modified LabVIEW 7.0 EXPREES&nbsp;, in version&nbsp;&nbsp;LabVIEW 7.1 ? &nbsp; thank's all&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; :) yes the file is *.vi&nbsp;.&nbsp;&nbsp;tha file contain blok diagram. the that i get is :ERROR.jpg (i even can't open file in this porum: <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=206190&amp;query.id=195707#M206190" target="_blank">http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=206190&amp;query.id=...

Is LabVIEW 7.1 Aug2005 identical to LabView 7.1 May2005?
I am attempting to have a coworker at a remote site set up their PC with the exact same software as one that I have here.&nbsp; I used the August 2005 CDs from Developer Suite.&nbsp; My coworker tells me that he has the TestStand 3.1, and the Device Driver CDs from the Aug2005 Dev Suite shipment, but he can only find LabView 7.1 from the May2005 delivery. &nbsp; I would like to safely&nbsp;assume that LabView 7.1 is LabView 7.1, regardless of whether it was shipped in May or August, but it is really important to me to make absolutely sure that we end up with the same software v...

Converting a VI from LabView 7.1 down to LabView 5.1
Can anyone help me converting a VI from LabView 7.1 down to LabView 5.1 &nbsp; Format date/time i 5.1 does not support weeks in new millenium &nbsp; In LabView 5.1 i get that the first week in 2006 i week 52. But the format date/time in LabView 7.1 works fine. week.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/159626/1/week.vi Am I right in understanding you want to convert to a version whioch does NOT work properly? I can't do it, but I'm sure someone will. However, bear in mind that some functions are not available in LV 5.1 which are in 7.1.&nbsp; I can't open y...

labview 8.5 to labview 7.0
i am on my labview working with 8.5but at work, we only have labview 7.0.what would be my best way to get my vi to be 7.0?thank you so muchMessage Edited by krispiekream on 06-19-2008 03:59 PM In order to go from LV 8.5 to LV 7, you will need to have LV 8.5 (save it back to 8.0), LV 8.0 (save it back to 7.1) and LV 7.1 (to save back to 7.0). If it's only a few small VI's, you can post them on the forum and ask someone to do the saves for you.&nbsp; (Best if you do the save back to 8.0 and&nbsp;post that in order&nbsp;to eliminate 1 of the 3 steps for whoever will do the r...

DSC module 7.1 labview 7.1, new controls and functions not showing up in labview
Dear Reader, I have installed labview 7.10 (also tried update to 7.11) and DSC module 7.1 I thought I would get additional functions and controls in labview due to installation of this module, but I do not see addtional controls or functions, althought I have searched for them and set the controls to "advance" etc. Anyone any idea what I have to do. thanks and regards. ...

labview 7.1 to Labview 8.0 upgrade
Greetings all, &nbsp; My company has recently aquired labview 8.0 licences&nbsp;and is intending to use it as its development platform instead of labview 7.1. the problem is that all of our customers are&nbsp;currently running executables generated in a labview 7.1 environment and&nbsp;any updated versions of our software that&nbsp;we will send them in the future will most likely be developed&nbsp;in labview 8.0.&nbsp;The question&nbsp;is , other than sending them the executables generated by LV8&nbsp;along with LV8 RTE are there any problems. did any one&am...

Web resources about - Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #7 - comp.lang.labview

The Floral Society opens a bar with a difference in Kingston
It's Canberra's newest bar but it's less drinks and more daisy.

Sole difference in tourism stakes
A GIANT blue stiletto heel dubbed Taiwan’s “shoe church” is bringing a touch of oversized glamour to the island’s southern coast.

Women and weed: the gender differences in cannabis use and abuse
For a growing number of women, smoking dope every day is becoming a worrying habit.

iOS App Store brings in 75% more revenue than Play Store despite difference in downloads
... app store. The iOS App Store now earns 75 percent more revenue than the Google Play Store. This is an increase over the 70 percent difference ...

Sprint cuts customer service jobs, says customers won’t notice a difference
Sprint is reportedly cutting 2,500 jobs, including 2,000 in customer service, but the company told Ars that subscribers won't actually see any ...

Sex Assault, Rapes At European Swimming Baths Blamed On 'Cultural Differences'
Public pools in Sweden and Germany are tightening security after a spate of sexual assaults and suspected rapes by migrant bathers on European ...

It’s Mardi Gras: Celebrate Both Creole & Cajun But Know The Difference
... was in a Sazerac cocktail and how tabasco peppers were harvested. Above all, the most enlightening topic for me was to learn the real differences ...