DSC module 7.1 labview 7.1, new controls and functions not showing up in labview

Dear Reader,

I have installed labview 7.10 (also tried update to 7.11)
and DSC module 7.1

I thought I would get additional functions and controls in labview due
to installation of this module, but I do not see addtional controls or
functions, althought I have searched for them and set the controls to
"advance" etc.

Anyone any idea what I have to do.

thanks and regards.

Is LabVIEW 7.1 Aug2005 identical to LabView 7.1 May2005?
I am attempting to have a coworker at a remote site set up their PC with the exact same software as one that I have here.  I used the August 2005 CDs from Developer Suite.  My coworker tells me that he has the TestStand 3.1, and the Device Driver CDs from the Aug2005 Dev Suite shipment, but he can only find LabView 7.1 from the May2005 delivery.   I would like to safely assume that LabView 7.1 is LabView 7.1, regardless of whether it was shipped in May or August, but it is really important to me to make absolutely sure that we end up with the same software versions.  So I was hoping somebody could confirm that the May and August CDs (Dev Suite, 2005) contain the exact same LabView software version.   I noticed that there were 3 LabView 7.x version selections for submitting this issue;  7.0    7.1    and    7.1.1   I set up my PC using Aug2005 CDs and my LabView splash screen shows "7.1".  Can I assume that if I had version 7.1.1 that I would see "7.1.1" on the splash screen?  (Many pieces of software do not show the 2nd decimal point or anything past it on their splash screen.  The Help | About selection for LabView just ends up showing the splash screen again.)   My Aug2005 CD shows "7.1" printed on it.  Can I assume that my LabView CD would have &quo...

Controlling VI Logger 1.1.1 with LabVIEW 7.1
I have LabVIEW 7.1 on my system and installed VI Logger (1.1 them upgraded to 1.1.1). I would like to programatically control VI Logger with LabVIEW. There are references to VIs under the Advanced pallate to do just that, but I cannot find them or any help files to explain what to do. Where do I find these VIs? ...

How do I upgrade my VIs from LabVIEW 3.1 to LabVIEW 7.1
  Hello,   I have met a well known problem. I have to re-use some VIs from old version of LabView (3.1) to newer.   Every bit of documention I have found speaks about LabVIEW VI Conversion Kit, with this given part number 776874-03.  But I can not get it.   Is there somebody to give me a solution? I am working with Windows XP & LabView 7.1.   Thank you.     ...

Converting a VI from LabView 7.1 down to LabView 5.1
Can anyone help me converting a VI from LabView 7.1 down to LabView 5.1   Format date/time i 5.1 does not support weeks in new millenium   In LabView 5.1 i get that the first week in 2006 i week 52. But the format date/time in LabView 7.1 works fine. week.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/159626/1/week.vi Am I right in understanding you want to convert to a version whioch does NOT work properly? I can't do it, but I'm sure someone will. However, bear in mind that some functions are not available in LV 5.1 which are in 7.1.  I can't open your VI, so I don't actually know what's in your VI. May I ask why you want to convert to a non-working version? Shane. I want to convert because some of our test are still running on LV5.1 We have encountered the problem with extracting the week number from the Windows time. My new VI i made the same way i LV 7.1 as it was i LV 5.1, but the function Format date/time string works in LV 7.1 I use the component Get Date/Time In Seconds and Format Date/Time Strint with format date/time string %W That is correct. It works in LV 7.1 but not in LV 5.1 mme@develco.dk wrote:Can anyone help me converting a VI from LabView 7.1 down to LabView 5.1   Format date/time i 5.1 does not support weeks in new millenium   In LabView 5.1 i get that the first week in 2006 i week 52. But the format date/time in LabView 7.1 works fine.I'm not sure what you are talking abou...

Can I run a LabVIEW 7.1 Application on a system with LabVIEW 6.1?
The VI App did not run properly, even after I installed the LabVIEW 7.1 Run time engine. Perhpas I need to uninstall the LV 6.1 run time engine? Thank you for any suggestions; perhaps it's something minor that I'm overlooking! Are you talking about a 7.1 exe or VI? An executable will run with 6.1 installed and the 7.1 run-time. A 7.1 VI will only run with 7.1 development system. When you say it did not run properly, what exactly do you mean? I am referring to trying to run a 7.1 EXE application on a system with a resident 6.1 development environment, and the 7.1 run-time engine ins...

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #7
Hi,   I'm using a VI on a two photon microscope. It steers the laser beam in the sample (quite the same way as a TV scan, scanning a fast line on the X axis, then moving the line down) controlling two mirrors by the PCI-MIO-16E-4 Multifunctions card on traditional DAQ and at the same time it serves as the acquitision through a non-NI DSP Multifunction-board with on-board buffers and hight data throughput (70 Mb/s).   It is this part of the program which gives us strong headaches since we have upgraded to a new PC. On the old machine we used Win2k and Labview 5.0; on the new machine we planned to use WinXP Pro and Labview 7.1. The acquisition part of the VI uses 2 CINs. One is used to configure the FPGA on the Multifunctions board at initialization. The second CIN reads he buffers received from the board and puts them into the shape of an image.   Now since we tried in WinXP Pro and Labview 7.1, we get some kind of weird bugs. Either there is a big problem concerning the synchronization of the mirros with the acquisition or with the image reconstruction. We have already tried :   1. Putting everything back into the old machine to verify there has not been any damage to the boards. OK 2. Using the boards in the new machine but with Win2000 and Labiew 5.0, just to be sure that there are no conflicting elements in the hardware. OK   As we wanted to check everything slowly but surely we then installed LV ...

open file that created on LabVIEW 7.0 EXPREES with LabVIEW 7.1 version
hi all, why i can't open file that open/modified LabVIEW 7.0 EXPREES&nbsp;, in version&nbsp;&nbsp;LabVIEW 7.1 ? &nbsp; thank's all&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; :) yes the file is *.vi&nbsp;.&nbsp;&nbsp;tha file contain blok diagram. the that i get is :ERROR.jpg (i even can't open file in this porum: <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=206190&amp;query.id=195707#M206190" target="_blank">http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=206190&amp;query.id=195707#M206190</a> thank's ERROR.jpg: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/209957/1/ERROR.jpg Dennis,&nbsp; please tell me how i can to save file on LabVieo 7.1&nbsp; that will open on LabVIEW 7 express ? which action i need to do ? ...

LabVIEW 7.1.1 Executable Installer Won't Work When LabVIEW 8.0 Is Installed
I have a LabVIEW 7.1.1 application that I built into an executable.&nbsp; The executable runs fine on the machine I built it on, but if I run the installer it gives me error 1722.&nbsp; The installer launches another executable that is contained within the build, and it seems that it is when the installer gets to that part that it crashes.&nbsp; The executable shows up in the right place, as if the installer completed successfully, and it executes fine.&nbsp; On machines that do not have LabVIEW 8.0 installed on them the installer runs without crashing and it properly runs the executable that it is supposed to run during installation.&nbsp; On every machine that I have tried the installer on that has LabVIEW 8.0 it crashes.&nbsp; Has anyone else seen this problem? Thanks, David R. Asher I made up a simple example, but it works...&nbsp; The software that I am having the problem with contains about 1500 VIs and is proprietary, so I can't post it.&nbsp; Luckily the issue with it not working on computers with LabVIEW 8 isn't an issue for the customer. Thanks, David R. Asher ...

LabVIEW 8.0 changed a constant that was wired to a Case structure to a hidden control to maintain compatibility with LabVIEW 7.1 and earlier.
Y am i getting this msg? Hi, muks, This happened because "...LabVIEW does not compile code on the block diagram that does not execute. For example, LabVIEW does not compile any code that exists within the inactive subdiagrams of the Conditional Disable structure. In addition, LabVIEW does not compile code within a Case structure that has a constant wired to it that would not execute the case with the code..."In the other words, if you have case structure, which is wired to T/F constant, then prior to version 8.x both cases will be compiled. From version 8.x the only "executed" case will be compiled. So, LabVIEW replaces constant with control for ensure that both cases will be compiled as before. refer to <a href="http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361A-01/lvupgrade/labview_8_0_features/" target="_blank">this document</a> best regards,Andrey. Got it andrey thanx ...

labview 7.1 to Labview 8.0 upgrade
Greetings all, &nbsp; My company has recently aquired labview 8.0 licences&nbsp;and is intending to use it as its development platform instead of labview 7.1. the problem is that all of our customers are&nbsp;currently running executables generated in a labview 7.1 environment and&nbsp;any updated versions of our software that&nbsp;we will send them in the future will most likely be developed&nbsp;in labview 8.0.&nbsp;The question&nbsp;is , other than sending them the executables generated by LV8&nbsp;along with LV8 RTE are there any problems. did any one&nbsp;see a problem with&nbsp;a conversion like this. i have done alot of reasearch about this and have been testing the converted code from 7.1 to 8 and the executalbes generated by 8.0 and i havent seen any major problems. any feedback on a related probelm would be greatly appreciated. &nbsp; I am using Serial communications LPT ports udp communications PCI I/O boards talking to remote and local data bases (Micorsoft and Oracle) all on a Windows Xp&nbsp;pro operating system&nbsp; ...

Labview 7.1.1 Errors
I am using the version 7.1.1 of LV and LV RT, i am programming a cFP-2020. &nbsp; &nbsp; Labview&nbsp;keeps crashing and losing the connection with the remote target (cFP), i am attaching a file containing all the error logs generated by LV, i never got this problem with earlier versions of LV i think this may be some kind of bug plase let me know how can i fix it. &nbsp; By the way my PC is a PIV @3 GHZ , 1 GB of RAM running WinXP SP2 &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; ...

LabView 7.1 and MATLAB 7
LabView 7.1 hangs when I try to send variable to MATLAB 7 workspace using standart LabView to MATLAB script. Nothing appears in MATLAB 7 workspace. When I tried to run the MATLAB Script-Fractal.vi (MATLAB script node has only outputs) from examples directory - everything work fine. When I run the MATLAB Script - Lorenz Diff Eq.vi from examples - error message appears:"Error 1047 occurred at LabVIEW: LabVIEW failed to send variable to the script server. Server:"Inappropriate input array size" in MATLAB Script - Lorenz Diff Eq.vi". Using LabView 7.1 with previous version of MATLAB (6.5) I have no problem running examples and my own LabView programs. Could someone suggest me how to fix described problem? Regards to All. Sergey Yakovlev wrote on 05 Aug 2004 16:48:26 MET: > LabView 7.1 hangs when I try to send variable to MATLAB 7 > workspace using standart LabView to MATLAB script. [...] > "Error 1047 occurred at LabVIEW: LabVIEW failed to send > variable to the script server. Server:"Inappropriate input > array size" in MATLAB Script - Lorenz Diff Eq.vi". I'm having the same difficulties. The only mentioning of this I found so far was this thread: Message-ID: <50650000000500000096700100-1079395200000@exchange.ni.com> referring to this page: <URL:http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/4475BC3CEB062C9586256D750058F14B?OpenDocument> This didn't work for me though. I couldn't get the code w...

LabView 7.1.1 + DAQMX
I want to know Wheter I can use task created using DAQMX using LabVIEW 7.1.1 can be inovked either by VB.net or VB6 if yes than how:) Secondly How can i used the traditional DAQ with VB.net or VB6, It would be&nbsp; helpful if any body can provide some info or weblink on this topic. Regards Nadeem <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=327317" target="_blank">duplicate post</a> ...

100% CPU using LabView 7.1 and DSC module
Seven years ago I used BridgeView and PXI to execute a project, and the results were so good that after that initial system, I installed one more using BridgeView, and three more using LabView 7.1. &nbsp; BridgeView is working very well, but lately, LabView 7.1 is giving me more and more problems. It all started in a system running LabView 7.1 and DSC on Windows XP, using a PXI-8187 controller with a PXI-1042 chassis. I have two PXI-6533 digital I/O boards, one PXI-6030E multifunction, one PXI-6713 analog output board, one PXI-6602 counter board and one PXI-8422 serial com. board. In may/06, all of the sudden, the CPU went to a 100% use. Since I am running PID's to control a flash-butt welding machine in a steel factory, this was extremely dangerous. I changed the controller and everything went back to normal. It was running fine until december/06, when the same behavior appeared again. This time changing the controller did not help. We increased the system memory, from 256 MB to 512 MB and everything worked fine. But one month later (january/07) the fault reappeared. This time we changed the chassis and from that moment to this time, we are running smoothly. &nbsp; Application problems were suspect from the very first time this problem appeared, but I was unable to identify the source, if any. I used PROFILE VI's and apparently the write/read tags were taking all the processor resources. However, changing the routines and disabling communications, and optimiz...

How can you simple install the LabVIEW Toolboxes with LabVIEW 7.1
Hello, yesterday was a nice day, I have receved the NI Developer Suite Professional Control Edition with the new LabVIEW 7.1, RT 7.1, DSC 7.1 etc. I still use Labview 7.0 (Developer Suite Professional Control Edition) Unfortunately I can't install the Toolboxes from the toolbox cd into the right directory! Always when I try to install a toolbox, it will be installed into the LabVIEW 7.0 directory. It is not possible to change the directory (exeption: SPC-Toolbox) Even if you change the name of your LabVIEW 7.0 Directory, the toolbox produce a new folder LabVIEW 7.0 and is getting instaled ...

Trying to use Labview Test Executive with Labview 7.1
I have an old application I wrote in Labview 5.1 using the Test Executive version 5.1.&nbsp; I now need to modify the program slightly for a new product. So far I have done the following: 1. Installed the Test Executive in the Labview 7.1 directory 2. Mass compiled the vi's in the LVEXEC51 folder &nbsp; During the mass compile, I see a number of errors when it tries to compile the vi's in the DATABASE folder. It can't seem to find vi's related to SQL (ie Easy SQL.vi). When I try to run the Test Executive directly from the Operator.llb, I see the following errors: &nbsp; "Could not call the Login system callback. Open VI Reference in&nbsp;Call Login Callback.vi."&nbsp; This vi is password protected so I can't look at the diagram. &nbsp; I have also tried to run from the &nbsp;Tools menu (which I think runs the TE runtime).&nbsp; This also fails and indicates "Error 1 occurred at Test Executive Launcher: failed to launch the test Executive operator interface vi - an input parameter is invalid". &nbsp; I can't justify buying Test Stand for this small application, and need to modify this code very quickly.&nbsp;I need to know if&nbsp; the test executive can run under version 7.1 and windows 2000.&nbsp; If it can, what am I doing wrong. &nbsp; Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions, &nbsp; Howard Spec CMC Electronics Canada&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Denise, Tha...

Problem in creating the simulation dll using SIT 2.0.3,matlab 7.1,labview 7.1
I am currently using SIT 2.0.3 ,using this toolkit i am trying to create the simulation DLL for labview.but i am getting the following error in matlab command window Error: File: C:\SimulationInterfaceToolkit\ModelInterface\basic.tlc Line: 117 Column: 7Undefined identifier ReleaseVersionError: File: C:\SimulationInterfaceToolkit\ModelInterface\basic.tlc Line: 117 Column: 25The == and != operators can only be used to compare values of the same typeError: File: C:\SimulationInterfaceToolkit\ModelInterface\basic.tlc Line: 260 Column: 26Undefined identifier ReleaseVersionError: File: C:\SimulationInterfaceToolkit\ModelInterface\basic.tlc Line: 260 Column: 44The == and != operators can only be used to compare values of the same type &nbsp; Is this a version problem? I am using Simulation interface toolkit 2.0.3 Matlab 7.1.0.246(R14) Service pack Real time workshop V.6.3 Labview 7.1 Microsoft visual C++ 6.0 &nbsp; Can anybody help me to solve this issue. &nbsp; Hi, Unfortunately, it looks like the versions you are using are indeed not compatible. Here is an excerpt from the <a href="http://ftp.ni.com/support/softlib/labview/labview_toolkits/simulation_interface/2.0.3/sit_2_0_3_readme.html" target="_blank">Read Me file</a> for Simulation Interface Toolkit 2.0.3: To use the Simulation Interface Toolkit 2.0.3, you must be a properly licensed user of and have the following software installed on the host computer. - The MathWorks MATLAB ver...

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ?
Hi, &nbsp; I'm using a VI on a two photon microscope. It steers the laser beam in the sample (quite the same way as a TV scan, scanning a fast line on the X axis, then moving the line down)&nbsp;controlling two mirrors by the&nbsp;PCI-MIO-16E-4 Multifunctions card&nbsp;on traditional DAQ and at the same time it serves as the acquitision through a non-NI DSP Multifunction-board with on-board buffers and hight data throughput (70 Mb/s). &nbsp; It is this part of the program which gives us strong headaches since we have upgraded to a new PC. On the old machine we used Win2k and Labview 5.0; on the new machine we planned to use WinXP Pro and Labview 7.1. The acquisition part of the VI uses 2 CINs. One is used to configure the FPGA on the Multifunctions board at initialization. The second CIN reads he buffers received from the board and puts them into the shape of an image. &nbsp; Now since we tried in WinXP Pro and Labview 7.1, we get some kind of weird bugs. Either there is a big problem concerning the synchronization of the mirros with the acquisition or with the image reconstruction. We have already tried : &nbsp; 1. Putting everything back into the old machine to verify there has not been any damage to the boards. OK 2. Using the boards in the new machine but with Win2000 and Labiew 5.0, just to be sure that there are no conflicting elements in the hardware. OK &nbsp; As we wanted to check everything slowly but surely we then installed LV ...

LabVIEW RTE 7 does not work on Linux with Mozilla (1.7) or Netscape (7.2)
LabVIEW RTE 7 does not work on Linux (Mandrake 10.1 or Knoppix 3.7) with Mozilla (1.7) or Netscape (7.2). We tried everything described in <http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=101&RNAME=ViewQuestion&HOID=506500000008000000EFBC0000&ECategory=LabVIEW.LabVIEW+General> copying plugins, but always the gray window on Mandrake or error setting up plugin on Knoppix. We are trying to drive remote applications on your web site with Linux (if possible) to decide about purchasing LabVIEW for Linux. Is there a demo version for Linux we could try? Apparently, LabVIEW fo...

Re: LabView 7.1 and MATLAB 7
Hiii, Keelin &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I am sorry that i am replyin on this thread after so much time, but i want to know that, we are using LabVIEW 7.1 at this point of time and we have just started to work on LabIVEW 7.1 and MATLAB 7.0 communication,&nbsp; we have purchase the LabVIEW 7.1 in March 2005, so before that was this bug fixed or it is still there? Thanks, Nishant ...

Uninstalling LabVIEW RTE 7.1.1
I'm trying to 'clean' a computer to install the new versions of NI Software and I'm getting the following error... any suggestions??? LVProblem.JPG: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/224683/1/LVProblem.JPG Hello,This seems like an issue that may require some assistance that is more complicated than can be handled on a discussion forum.&nbsp; I would recommend contacting an Applications Engineer directly by going to www.ni.com/ask and submitting an e-mail support request. ...

convert Labview 7.1 to 7.0 for me
COuld someone please convert this VI to Labview 7.0 for me? &nbsp; Open the VI Click File &gt; Save with Options CLick radio button 'Save for Previous' Select 7.0 from drop down list... Be my hero!!! &nbsp; &nbsp; AlicatRead.zip: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/144047/1/AlicatRead.zip Here you go. It doesn't convert stuff in the vi.lib &nbsp; P.M. AlicatRead 7_0.zip: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/144049/1/AlicatRead 7_0.zip Hello, I need somebody to convert this file from 7.1 to 7.0 for me, I could not find where to download a 7.0 evaluation software... Thanks. P.S. Sorry for my english, I am from Colombia. 1_ejercicio_labview_v7.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/154677/1/1_ejercicio_labview_v7.vi Hello. Thank you&nbsp; for your answer, but i need one last favor: I need to convert this files from 7.1 to 7.0. (the files don't use sound so I hope they can be converted). Thanks in advance. v7.zip: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/154827/1/v7.zip ...

porting labview 6.1 to 7.1
Hi: I am working on a Labview program which I worte a similar one on LV 6.1.&nbsp; I just upgrade to 7.1 recently.&nbsp; I was trying to copy some of my code from my pervious 6.1 program to my 7.1 program.&nbsp; Strange thins is that same code works fine on LV6.1 environment but cause error on 7.1 environment.&nbsp; I have tried to move the code to a stand alone 7.1 vi.&nbsp; It worked fine when I first executed, but cause error the second time.&nbsp; I also have tried to re-write the code using 71 function.&nbsp; It did not work also.&nbsp; Can anyone give me a hint what's going on??? Untitled99.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/135515/1/Untitled99.vi ...

Labview 7.1 and Matlab 7.4
We had a vi working with Labview 7.1 : Unfortunately University upgraded the common version of Matlab to 7.4(R2007a) from 7.2 - and - the vi stopped working - no error messages while running the vi. 1. does Labview 7.1 support Matlab 7.4.0 2. Is there any patch DLL etc to resolve the problem? &nbsp; Thanks for your help. &nbsp; Mankind Ian, Some More news. I had more interaction with our computer centre and they have sent me an OSD file, which while opening with notepad looks something like Javascript. When running that script, I got my Labview to communicate with the Matlab server - as he explains - it launches the local copy of Labview within the SoftGrid environment and that would allow it to interact with Matlab. I can send the OSD file to you. The only problem is while in the middle of the analysis, it crashes sometimes because it forces Matlab to open too. I am in touch with computer centre to resolve the problem. Cheers, &nbsp; Mankind ...

Web resources about - DSC module 7.1 labview 7.1, new controls and functions not showing up in labview - comp.lang.labview

Wave function - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... (a ball attached to a spring ) in classical mechanics (A-B) and quantum mechanics (C-H). In quantum mechanics (C-H), the ball has a wave function ...

Eating chocolate 'improves brain function' - study
... news for those with a sweet tooth - a recent study has found that regular chocolate consumption is associated with better cognitive function. ...

Cisco launches new network functions virtualization infrastructure solution to help service providers ...
Al-Bawaba Cisco launches new network functions virtualization infrastructure solution to help service providers run network ... Al-Bawaba ...

Google Maps for iOS adds detour function, 3D touch support
Google has extended its pit-stop feature the ability to find places to stop off on journeys to iPhone and iPad users with the release of Google ...

LVMH's Hublot May Be Next Brand for Smart Functions, Biver Says
Hublot will probably be the next LVMH watch brand to add smart functions, following TAG Heuer’s footsteps in combining Swiss craftsmanship and ...

Yahoo Begins Grim Job of Closing Functions, Laying Off Staff
Yahoo Food is closing, and other digital magazines on tech, travel and beauty are also scheduled for closing or major cutbacks.

Can Your Organization's Identity And Function Survive Radical Changes? Lessons From The FBI's Evolution ...
How the FBI transformed after 9/11 provides lessons on how to balance organizational structure, function and identity when they become scrambled. ...

‘World Of Warcraft’ Alpha Removes Gold From Garrison Missions, Water Striders No Longer Function Everywhere ...
... build deploying soon to the alpha server, garrison missions no longer reward gold and the water-walking Water Strider mounts no longer function ...

For $2,950, Never Be Embarrassingly Early To Any Function In This 1984 Toyota Corolla Diesel
We all know it’s a ball to drive a slow car fast, and they don’t come much baller than today’s Nice Price or Crack Pipe Corolla with its diesel ...

Watch How An F1 Car's Tires Function As Part Of Their Suspension
... Formula 1 cars have tires with big sidewalls like your grandpa’s Plymouth. But there’s a reason why there’s so much rubber; these tires function ...