Error 1073 when building LabVIEW app which calls LabVIEW dll

I am trying to use application builder to build an application that
calls a dll created in LabVIEW. I get an error referencing a vi within
the dll (Parse Stored String(multibyte).vi) saying that "This property
is writable or this method is available only when the VI is in edit
mode." The only option is to Continue which cancels the build. I had
sucessfully built this application prior to including vis that call
the dll and the program runs fine in the development environment.

Do you have any idea what is causing this and what I cam do about it?
0
x9561 (148441)

I have found a temporary workaround in which I created a dummy dll
that removed all functionality from exported vis but had the same name
and function signatures. I then built the application using this dummy
dll. Once complete, I replaced the dummy dll with the real dll.

This is not a satisfactory work around because we have to build and
maintain two dlls. Also, I'm not sure we can do the same trick when
creating the installer with application builder. So, I'd still
appreciate any help you can give.
0
x9561 (148441)