Error 1334 (in LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 7.1.1 setup) when launching VB6's IDE

What's going on here?  I have LabVIEW 7.0 and Visual Basic 6 installed on this Win-XP computer.  When I open VB6, I always get what looks like a Windows Installer error:
First, it asked me for the location of "lvruntimeeng.msi", which I located for it.  The next progress-window says:

NI LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 7.11
Please wait while Windows configures NI LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 7.11

Finally it fails with this error-message window:

NI LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 7.11
Error 1334.  The file 'NIMDFManifestFileId.53736431_DBEC_4582_B072_2F1F0A2C4EA6' cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in cabinet file 'lbruntimeeng_mft'.  This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.
[OK]

The two windows repeat twice each time I launch VB6's IDE, and that causes a long delay.  What can I do to prevent this error?
 Message Edited by citizenDAK on 04-23-2008  01:34 PM
0
x9561 (148440)

citizenDAK, When did this problem start happening? Does it happen everytime you try to open VB6? Did anything change from the time this started happening?Please provide me with this information so I can have a better understanding of the problem.
0
x9561 (148440)
4/24/2008 9:10:07 PM
Yes it occurrs every time I launch VB6.
For a long time now, at least many months.  It's not every day that I need to open good old VB6.  I was hoping it'd just 'go away' but it hasn't.
I don't know what changes lead up to it.  LOTS of things have been updated, security-patched, etc...  (It is XP.)  I've even un-installed the runtime, then re-installed it when I kept getting the same prompt.  Don't have any idea why, I was hoping you could tell me from the specific file named in the error.  (Google didn't find it for me, and neither did searching ni.com)

p.s.,  Sorry I left out a decimal and copy/pasted it several times...  should've said "NI LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 7.1.1"
0
x9561 (148440)
4/25/2008 5:10:06 PM
CitizenDAk, This is a tricky one. I have never encountered this before. I was going to suggest re-installing the Run-Time engine but it seems like you have already done this. How about uninstalling and re-installing VB6?
0
x9561 (148440)
4/28/2008 7:40:10 PM
Already tried that too, not fixed.  :(
Any idea which 'file' or product that GUID-looking number belongs to?

0
x9561 (148440)
4/28/2008 8:40:08 PM
CitizenDAK, This is really strange. I found a knowledge base article that talks about troubleshooting error code 1334. The actual description of the error is completely different from the error you are experiencing. It actually talks about an error that occurs when running a LabVIEW executable, but the explanation given is somewhat relataded and talks about registering a dll. I am hoping that maybe this same DLL could be the cause of YOUR prolem. Here is the link:http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/577B98C168E61C1386256D09005DDCC8?OpenDocumentPlease let me know how it goes!
0
x9561 (148440)
4/29/2008 6:10:07 PM
No, "RegSvr32 nireports.dll" ran fine but did not fix the problem.  :(  Any other suggestions?
0
x9561 (148440)
4/29/2008 10:10:05 PM
It seems you are not the only one with this problem. Look at this post, I think the person who posted last was able to get rid of this. http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=289440&requireLogin=False
0
x9561 (148440)

Can I run a LabVIEW 7.1 Application on a system with LabVIEW 6.1?
The VI App did not run properly, even after I installed the LabVIEW 7.1 Run time engine. Perhpas I need to uninstall the LV 6.1 run time engine? Thank you for any suggestions; perhaps it's something minor that I'm overlooking! Are you talking about a 7.1 exe or VI? An executable will run with 6.1 installed and the 7.1 run-time. A 7.1 VI will only run with 7.1 development system. When you say it did not run properly, what exactly do you mean? I am referring to trying to run a 7.1 EXE application on a system with a resident 6.1 development environment, and the 7.1 run-time engine ins...

Is LabVIEW 7.1 Aug2005 identical to LabView 7.1 May2005?
I am attempting to have a coworker at a remote site set up their PC with the exact same software as one that I have here.  I used the August 2005 CDs from Developer Suite.  My coworker tells me that he has the TestStand 3.1, and the Device Driver CDs from the Aug2005 Dev Suite shipment, but he can only find LabView 7.1 from the May2005 delivery.   I would like to safely assume that LabView 7.1 is LabView 7.1, regardless of whether it was shipped in May or August, but it is really important to me to make absolutely sure that we end up with the same software v...

Labview 7.1.1 Errors
I am using the version 7.1.1 of LV and LV RT, i am programming a cFP-2020.     Labview keeps crashing and losing the connection with the remote target (cFP), i am attaching a file containing all the error logs generated by LV, i never got this problem with earlier versions of LV i think this may be some kind of bug plase let me know how can i fix it.   By the way my PC is a PIV @3 GHZ , 1 GB of RAM running WinXP SP2       ...

DSC module 7.1 labview 7.1, new controls and functions not showing up in labview
Dear Reader, I have installed labview 7.10 (also tried update to 7.11) and DSC module 7.1 I thought I would get additional functions and controls in labview due to installation of this module, but I do not see addtional controls or functions, althought I have searched for them and set the controls to "advance" etc. Anyone any idea what I have to do. thanks and regards. ...

Controlling VI Logger 1.1.1 with LabVIEW 7.1
I have LabVIEW 7.1 on my system and installed VI Logger (1.1 them upgraded to 1.1.1). I would like to programatically control VI Logger with LabVIEW. There are references to VIs under the Advanced pallate to do just that, but I cannot find them or any help files to explain what to do. Where do I find these VIs? ...

Unable to install LV Runtime Engine 7.1.1 with LabVIEW Professional 8.5.1
I installed LabVIEW Professional Sys. for Windows (XP) 8.5 and then the 8.5.1 update. Somewhere in the original installation, LV Run-time Engine 7.1 was installed. But I need LV RTE 7.1.1. So I attempted to install RTE 7.1.1. Problem: The LV RTE installer aborts with the following message:   "Installation aborted. Newer version already installed."    Why do I need 7.1.1? I must run some commercial LV executables that were compiled with LV 7.1.1 and will not run under 7.1. :smileysad: You may have to uninstall RTE 8.5.1 to proceed with the 7.1.1 install and then reinstall RTE 8.5.1.   I hope this helps! Well, I have to correct myself. MAX indicated that LV RTE 7.1 (not 7.1.1) was installed. My complied LV app indicated that 7.1.1 was not installed. I checked Windows Add New Programs and selected "National Instruments Software" I found that LV RTE 7.1.1 was, in fact, installed. So I selected LabVIEW Runtime Engine 7.1.1 and clicked Repair. After rebooting, My app works correctly. Again, MAX incorrectly displays LV RTE 7.1 (not 7.1.1). My app works, so I don't care. :smileyhappy: ...

Labview 8.5.1's MathScript window failed running imread with an error "A problem occurred in a subVI call."
Hi, I am trying to port a Matlab program into a MathScript script.&nbsp; Following is the first few lines of the script:clear;image1=imread('C:\LV_VertAlign\DSC_0104.jpg','jpg');image_double1=im2double(image1);image_gray11=rgb2gray(image_double1);In the first line, imread is supposed to read in a photo taken from a DSLR camera, so I think it's a 32-bit image.&nbsp; And this is the error I got when trying to run this script in the Labview 8.5.1's Mathscript windows:"Error in function imread at line 2.&nbsp; A problem occurred in a subVI call."What is the problem here?&nbsp; and why does it complain about a subVI call?Thanks for any help to point me in the right direction.-Anh Hi Anh, &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; We have documentation on many of the MathScript functions available in LabVIEW.&nbsp; You can look at a document <a href="http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361D-01/lvtextmath/msfunc_imread/" target="_blank">here</a> that describes how to use the imread function.&nbsp; This is searchable from ni.com by entering the function name.&nbsp; If you read this document you will see the second parameter of the function only accepts the following arguments : 'BMP', 'JPEG', 'PNG'.&nbsp; If you change your line 2 to : image1=imread('C:\LV_VertAlig...

LabVIEW 7.1 Run-Time cannot find lvanlys.dll when run from networked computer
LabVIEW 7.1 RTE cannot find lvanlys.dll if executable is run from a networked computer. No error from Ver 7.0 I've built a LabVIEW executable from Application Builder. I wish to run it from a networked computer by pointing to that executable on another computer's shared folder (both are WIN XP). If the executable contains an analysis vi, then I get "Load Error 21 subroutine not found". Build an executable containing only Median Filter.vi (this uses lvanlys.dll). Share the folder where the executable is located and copy lvrt.dll, lvapp.rsc and lvanlys.dll to that same...

'Serial Port Init.vi' problems between versions 6.1 &amp; 7.1 of Labview
Hi there, &nbsp; I created a Card Test Program using Labview 6.1 in 2003, it now requires changes to be carried out. &nbsp; My company is now using Labview 7.1, however, once I have created an executable from the vi's and attempt to run it on the target system&nbsp;I get an Error 37 with the 485 card, labview device not found. Yet if the changes are made within Labview 6.1 it runs fine (but as we are now using labview 7.1 it is preffered that I use that. &nbsp; I presume this is an issue with the 'Serial Port Init.vi' that I am using, everything else works fine, except any of the vi's that are used to initialise, communicate with and close a 485 port. Is there any differences between the ?Serial Port Init.vi? that comes with Labview 6.1 and that which comes with Labview 7.1. Any help gratefully appreciated. &nbsp; Regards &nbsp; Simon Snoddy It is the old serial functions that I am using. The data is being sent directly from an FPGA, I therefore have to use the 'Type Cast' function to convert the string into binary so that I can manipulate it, but at the moment, using Labview 7.1 I can't even initialise the 485 ports. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Cheers Simon Hello Simon, The issue that you are seeing is due to the fact that serial communications methods in LabVIEW were changed between LabVIEW 6.1 and LabVIEW 7.x. The serial compatibility vi's that you were using were modified to make use of VIS...

My executable compiled with Real Time Engine 5.1.1 in App Builder gives error when trying to run in App Builder with RTE 6.1
Hello.&nbsp; I built an executable using App Builder in LV 5.1.1 and now, years later, I am trying to run it in LV 6.1 but I get an error stating a requirement for&nbsp;Run Time Engine version 5.1.1.&nbsp; To be able to run this, must I install&nbsp;the older version of Run Time Engine?&nbsp; If so, where can I find the older version?&nbsp; Do I have to install the older version of LabVIEW to get the RTE?&nbsp; Will having both versions on my pc be a problem? &nbsp; I assume that once I am able to run the exe, that I will be able to recompile with the newer vers...

From Labview 7.1 help, can't load example vi's

Error in running LabView 7.1 .EXE.
Hi&nbsp;all &nbsp; I have the question about&nbsp;running LaBVIEW 7.1 exe problem Now, i have the problem about run the LabVIEW 7.1 .EXE. We had written the LabVIEW program and build it to .EXE in this current PC ( Already installed LabVIEW 7.1).The program include some instrutment library here. In this current PC, it has not any problem with any using. Then, we put this .EXE into another PC which is not install any LabVIEW software. So we install the LabVIEW 7.1 Run time engine and LabVIEW 7.1 software in this PC to run this program. However, it observes the problem when using LabVIEW and it will show this error box [See "Before error.JPG"] &nbsp; "tktxx vi' is one of the instrutment library components.Then, we have reduced the number of missing tktxx vi's from 7 to 4 by installing the IVI Compliance Package: [ See "After IVI.jpg"] &nbsp; and then open .EXE, it will show this error box [See "After IVI error.jpg"] &nbsp; So What 's the problem of this EXE. Is it need any DLL required to run this EXE?? &nbsp; Thanks for all your help!! &nbsp; Regrads Steve SO After IVI error.jpg: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/275769/1/After IVI error.jpg Before error.JPG: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/275769/2/Before error.JPG After IVI.jpg: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/275769/3/After IVI.jpg ...

LabView 6.1 Run-time engine
Hello, all. I installed the LabView 6.1 run-time engine on a Win2k platform with no trouble. My question is that when one is building an executable LabView application to use the run-time engine is it possible at build time to know the subroutines and dlls that a particular VISA VI (a component of the top-level VI) will call? These subroutines/dlls either have to be included in the build or on the run-time platform. Although LabView 6.1 Professional identifies the sub-VIs of the top-level VI, I see no tool(s) that identifies the needed subroutines/dlls (e.g. VISA.dll in the \Windows\Syste...

Runtime Engine 7.1.1 Disk 2 when starting Labview
I have labview version 8.2.1 installed on my computer. &nbsp; The other day I installed some application by another company that must have installed Labview Runtime Engine 7.1.1 on my computer.&nbsp; I didn't need that program anymore, so I uninstalled it.&nbsp; &nbsp; Now anytime I try to run any labview programs on my computer, I get several dialog boxes wanting me to put NI Labview Runtime Disk #2 in my CD drive. &nbsp; How can I get rid of these dialog boxes? &nbsp; Please help!!! Hi bkundework, This issue seems very strange but I do have a few suggestions. The first idea that comes to mind is to repair LabVIEW 8.2.1 from Add/Remove Programs. If you no longer have the 8.2.1 disks or if a repair does not work, you should install the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 8.2.1. This download is available on NI?s website. These two ideas are the easiest ways to possibly fix things. If they don?t, a list of all the NI Software you have installed would be helpful for going forward. &nbsp; Brian, I?m sorry to hear that didn?t work. It sounds like leaving that software on your computer may be the easiest solution. However, if you are interested in spending more time on the issue, you could use the MSIBlast utility to find and delete the 7.1 installers. This utility is available at ftp.ni.com/outgoing . Other than this, reformatting you computer is the only sure fire way to remove the problem (along with everything else). You may also want to post the...

[Installation] Labview 6.1 or 7.1 setup hangs on NT4sp6
Hi, We are having a little problem with the installation of both Labview 6.1 and Labview 7.1 Developer on a NT4 Service Pack 6 machine. During the setup process, the progress stops and the msiexec.exe hangs, taking 100% of the CPU. This problem happened first with LV 6.1. Then I tried installing LV 7.1 and the setup hang while installing the runtime environment. With LV 6.1, the setup hangs during the initialization process. Labview 5 and 6.0 run-time where previously installed on the system. Uninstalling them did not help. I noted that during the setup process, multiple...

LV7.1 Strange behavior with Automatic Error Handling occuring when it shouldn't [LV 7.1 Pro on WinXP for Tablet PC's]
[LV 7.1 Pro on WinXP for Tablet PC's] I recently let a rather large LV app of mine run in the development environment while I was out for a couple of days. Upon returning I found that the app had hung for ~22 hours waiting for an answer to an Automatic Error Handling (AEH) dialog proclaiming an Error 7 in New File without any indication of the VI hierarchy that called New File.&nbsp; I set about ensuring that AEH dialogs would not pop up and have not been able to discover how&nbsp;I could have&nbsp;possibly received one in the first place. Subsequent investigation revealed: Nei...

1 to 20 with x number of 1's, 2's, 3's, ... 20's
This is probably a simple thing to do, so perhaps someone would send me in the right direction. I need to generate a list containing numbers from 1 to 20, say. But I cant just use A = 1:20, for example, because that provides me only one instance of each of the values. What I need is X instances for each value. For example, 5 ones, twos, threes, and so forth. Is there a simple command for this? Regards, Ulrik. On Sep 9, 10:52=A0am, "Ulrik Nash" <u...@sam.sdu.dk> wrote: > This is probably a simple thing to do, so perhaps someone would send me i= n the right direction. > > I need to generate a list containing numbers from 1 to 20, say. But I can= t just use A =3D 1:20, for example, because that provides me only one insta= nce of each of the values. What I need is X instances for each value. For e= xample, 5 ones, twos, threes, and so forth. > > Is there a simple command for this? > > Regards, > > Ulrik. x=3D5; %for example desiredlist=3Dreshape(ones(x,1)*[1:20],1,20*x) hth, suresh "Ulrik Nash" <uwn@sam.sdu.dk> wrote in message <i6aaol$pvr$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > This is probably a simple thing to do, so perhaps someone would send me in the right direction. > > I need to generate a list containing numbers from 1 to 20, say. But I cant just use A = 1:20, for example, because that provides me only one instance of each of the values. What I need is X instances for e...

Why cannot a VI be run in LabView version 7.1, if it ran in version 6.1?
I developed a VI in LabView 6.1 and try to open it in version 7.1. The error was as follows "Compile Error - Report this error to NI Tech Support: nmx unbundler bad sea/eea or edisp-sdisp = 0x1" It was suggested to me that I should mass compile all my 6.1 files, before opening them in version 7.1. I did so and then the error became "Code could not be generated correctly for this VI / An error occurred in compiling this VI" Please advise of a potential solution. Regards, Raluca C. A couple things you might try. Open the offending VI in 6.1 and do a "Save As" a...

Labview 7.1 launch error in Ubuntu linux
I just installed a Labview 7.1 Pro. in Ubuntu desktop linux 6.0.6.1. And it seems that everything was installed. But whenever I try to lauch the program, it says "Failed to execute child process labview(No such file or directory.)". So i imagined that maybe i forgot to install some subprograms, so i just installed it again. However,in the Ubuntu terminal, it said: all labview components were installed or can't be installed due to comfilicts. So i think i have installed all the components. Could some one give some helps. This problem is really annoying! Thanks! Vincent. ...

Test Stand 3.1, Labview 7.1 MechFactoryCWrap.cpp(649) error
Hi all, I am having some issues with an error and I can't track it down to the problem as of yet. What is happening is after a couple of cycle of opening TestStand and closing it with a few VIs loading in the background all of the 3D controls vanish and TestStand locks up. The warning message I get is something to do with MechFactoryCWrap and sometimes render.cpp with the error pointing to OpenGL. &nbsp; Below&nbsp;is a snippet from the failure log. &nbsp; D:\lvmerc\src\source\execsupp\MechFactoryCWrap.cpp(649) : DWarn: Max space cannot be zero; changing to -1 (unbounded)$Id: //labview/branches/Mercury/dev/source/execsupp/MechFactoryCWrap.cpp#3 $0x00A35B37 - LabVIEW &lt;unknown&gt; + 00x00A346F5 - LabVIEW &lt;unknown&gt; + 00x00A3688C - LabVIEW &lt;unknown&gt; + 00x00A349A3 - LabVIEW &lt;unknown&gt; + 00x00A3565C - LabVIEW &lt;unknown&gt; + 00x06993BD3 - &lt;unknown&gt; &lt;unknown&gt; + 00x06911A50 - &lt;unknown&gt; &lt;unknown&gt; + 00x00A09110 - LabVIEW &lt;unknown&gt; + 00x8B535CEC - &lt;unknown&gt; &lt;unknown&gt; + 0 &nbsp; Any help would be appreciated. Dean &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Hi Dean, &nbsp; This failure is linked to LabVIEW 7.1. This was reported to R&amp;D (4APEN0XP) and was fixed in LabVIEW 8.2. &nbsp; If you would like to evaluate LabVIEW 8.5, please follow the link below: <a href="https://lumen.ni.com/nicif/us/lve...

LabVIEW 7.1 Run-Time tries to re-install

Installing LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 8.5.1
I want to run saved VI's from one computer with LabVIEW 8.5 Professional Development (8.5) on another computer using the Run-Time Software. &nbsp; After installing LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 8.5 (<a href="http://ftp.ni.com/support/softlib/labview/labview_runtime/8.5/windows/LabVIEW85RuntimeEngineFull.exe" target="_blank">LabVIEW85RuntimeEngineFull.exe</a>&nbsp;from <a href="http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/861/lang/en" target="_blank">http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/861/lang/en</a>), do I need to do anything else before running a saved VI created in LabVIEW 8.5 from another computer? I install the program, but the only options under programs-national instruments are: -data socket -License Manager &nbsp; When I installed LabVIEW DSC Run-Time System 7.1 on the same computer there was an shortcut under&nbsp;"programs-national instruments-" to LabVIEW DSC Run-Time System 7.1, which is what I need but for the Run-Time Engine 8.5 instead. I believe you can not do this. The runtime I believe requires the executable version of the VI. You will need to build an application from your saved VI. In the application builder, you can include the run-time libraries and progras. This will help ease the installation process. Once you have completed this operation, you can just run the executable with your VI. Joseph is correct. The run-time engine is only for "stand-alone" execu...

Can't log in as an ordinary user after installing labview 7.1.1 on RHEL4
Hello &nbsp; I have installed LabVIEW 7.1 and the update 7.1.1 on a Dell 380 running RedHat Enterprice 4. I installed it as root and under root the applications I have tryed seems to work well. But when I try to log in as an ordinary user I can�t log in. &nbsp; Has anyone an idea of what can be the problem? Thanks in advance ...

LabView 7.1.1 + DAQMX
I want to know Wheter I can use task created using DAQMX using LabVIEW 7.1.1 can be inovked either by VB.net or VB6 if yes than how:) Secondly How can i used the traditional DAQ with VB.net or VB6, It would be&nbsp; helpful if any body can provide some info or weblink on this topic. Regards Nadeem <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=327317" target="_blank">duplicate post</a> ...

Web resources about - Error 1334 (in LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 7.1.1 setup) when launching VB6's IDE - comp.lang.labview

Sylver Vertical Launching System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Sylver ( SY stème de L ancement VER tical) is a vertical launching system (VLS) designed by DCNS . The launcher comes in several variants, ...

Russia Launching Its Own Social Network
As the internet becomes more widespread in Russia, the country’s government has decided to launch its own Facebook-like social network, according ...

@Facebook Launching Status Tagging for Friends, Pages, Events, and Groups Today
While status updates have become an increasingly important part of communication on Facebook over the last year, it’s never been possible to ...

Launching Digits login for web - Twitter Blogs
... login for mobile app websites. Skip to main content Developer Blog Have an account? Sign in Search form Search All Twitter Blogs &nbsp Launching ...

An Undersea Glider: Crab Launching Game with Ocean Water Glide on the App Store on iTunes
Get An Undersea Glider: Crab Launching Game with Ocean Water Glide on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

GREECE Mission Launching Into Aurora - a set on Flickr
Caption: A NASA-funded sounding rocket launches into an aurora in the early morning of March 3, 2014, over Venetie, Alaska. The GREECE mission ...

You have cat to be kitten me - 2 cats travel from Amsterdam to London launching Poopy Cat in the UK ...
On the 26th of April cat crazy entrepreneur Thomas Vles arrived in London after cycling over 300 miles with his two cats, Mushi and Cheesy. - ...

Nintendo details first ever mobile offering, launching in March
Nintendo's first app made exclusively for mobile devices will launch on Android and iOS in March, and is the first of five apps the company will ...

Ikea is launching a new line of furniture that can charge your phone without wires
Ikea announced Sunday at Mobile World Congress it is introducing its first furniture line that offers wireless charging for phones, tablets, ...

North Queensland Cowboys star Johnathan Thurston given honour of launching NRL season
North Queensland co-captain Johnathan Thurston has been given the honour of officially launching the NRL season.