get data every 2 columns at a time in excel #2

i would like to read the following excel file
and plot every 2 columns at one time given an interval. for example at
7 am i ll plot corresponding I and V and at 8 am so on.. but even
though i programmed my VI to read by increasing index 0,2,4 so on it
stops when it iterates half way i.e i=12..this only plots half the
data..im reading from delimited text file..how can i read from a true
xls file and plot all the data as desired?

table1.xls:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/318690/1/table1.xls

table mode1.vi:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/318690/2/table mode1.vi
0
x9561 (148440)

You have a few problems in your code that need to be resolved first.
1.  You posted and Excel .xls file.  A true spreadsheet file.  The read from spreadsheet file VI doesn't work with Excel files, it only works with text files.
2.  Your run the loop 25 times.  It asks for the file 25 times because the file control is inside the loop.  Also, any loop should only run 13 times, because you have 13 pairs of columns.
3.  You only have 10 rows of data.  The first couple are headers you want to ignore.
4.  After the last iteration, you will only have the results from the last pair of columns because the array indicator and XY graph are inside the loop. (Though I see you have a 2000 msec wait, so you will see the results of each column pair with a 2 second pause between them.)
Overall you have to figure out how you want to  go through the data.  Do you want to look through it as rows or columns?  Do you want to look at the results of all columns?  If so, you will need to look at shift registers and build array functions, or autoindexing.  Move the Read File ahead of the loop so it is only read once.  And move the resulting indicators outside of the column.
Edit:  One more thing.  Having the while loop with a stop button outside the For loop will just cause the program to repeat over and over and over again causing 25 file prompts to become 50, 75, 100, ....  :smileywink:Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 04-24-2008  09:39 AM
0
x9561 (148440)

get data every 2 columns at a time in excel
i would like to read the following excel file and plot every 2 columns at one time given an interval. for example at 7 am i ll plot corresponding I and V and at 8 am so on.. but even though i programmed my VI to read by increasing index 0,2,4 so on it stops when it iterates half way i.e i=12..this only plots half the data..im reading from delimited text file..how can i read from a true xls file and plot all the data as desired? table.xls: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/318689/1/table.xls table mode.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/318689/2/table mode.vi <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;view=by_date_ascending&amp;message.id=318690#M318690" target="_blank">Duplicate Post</a> ...

where to get 1GB DDR266 CAS2 2-2-2 1T timing?
Hi: Does anybody know if there are any manufacturer that makes 1GB DDR266 cas2 2-2-2 timing. I am putting together a dual xeon system that has room for four memory modules and i want to put 4GB of memory. I know you can have 512MB modules that are cas2 with 2-2-2 T1 timing, but i need more memory than just 2GB. I would really appreciate any help. thank you if you could email me i really appreciate it: pepelpue@mailcity.com what operating system will you be using? Do you need buffered/Registered or unbuffered/non-registered? ECC? how much money are you willing to spend? I have seen a lot of 1GB PC2100 DIMM's... but I have not seen ANY CL2-2-2-2. There is CL2.5-2-2-2 everywhere. NuTs "ali yousefi" <pepelpue00@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:_ZXUa.122136$Io.10434965@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net... > Hi: > > Does anybody know if there are any manufacturer that makes 1GB DDR266 > cas2 2-2-2 timing. I am putting together a dual xeon system that has room > for four memory modules and i want to put 4GB of memory. I know you can > have 512MB modules that are cas2 with 2-2-2 T1 timing, but i need more > memory than just 2GB. I would really appreciate any help. > thank you > if you could email me i really appreciate it: > > pepelpue@mailcity.com > > > > > I have the iwill dp533 MB. it ...

2 * 2 * 2 * 2 or pow(2, 4)?
Hi , I hope this isn't too trivial to ask, but I'm evaluating a polynomial that involve lots of terms like x^2y^2z^3, and although I can use the power function pow(a, b), I wonder if just writing x*x*y*y*z*z*z for example wouldn't be more efficient than pow(x, 2)*pow(y, 2)*pow(z,3). Or is it all the same? Thanks, - Olumide Olumide wrote: > I hope this isn't too trivial to ask, but I'm evaluating a polynomial > that involve lots of terms like x^2y^2z^3, and although I can use the > power function pow(a, b), I wonder if just writing x*x*y*y*z*z*z for > exam...

linspace(2,2,2) returns [2 2] ??
May be the help for linspace should change? It says: "LINSPACE(X1, X2, N) generates N points between X1 and X2." Notice, it says BETWEEN. But when I ask for 2 points, between 2 and 2: ---------------- EDU>> linspace(2,2,2) ans = 2 2 --------------- May be mathematically this is ok? i.e. there are infinite points between the point and itself? (on the real line), but from programming point of view, it is confusing. no? --Nasser Maybe it should say "generates N points between X1 and X2, inclusive." What did you expect to get back as an answer from issuing linspace(2,2,2)? I didn't understand your statement "there are infinite points between the point and itself?" How do you have an infinite number of points between 2 and 2? I can see an infinite number of points between 2 and something that's not itself, like 2.00000000000000001, but if they are absolutely perfectly identical how are you getting an infinite number of points? On 10/10/2010 11:16 AM, Image Analyst wrote: > Maybe it should say "generates N points between X1 and X2, inclusive." > > What did you expect to get back as an answer from issuing linspace(2,2,2)? > I was just not expecting it to "work". may be an error message. That is not the point. The point is that it did work. > I didn't understand your statement "there are infinite points between the point and it...

I have normalized my data between 0-2 as one of my input features has values between 0-2. so what activation function should i use to get output in range 0-2? Any suggestions?
I have input feature that can have 0,1 or 2 values. That is why i normalize= d all other data in range 0-2. Now should it is necessary to apply activati= on function on output neuron? if it is, then what activation function i sho= uld apply or how to apply to get output between range 0-2? On Wed, 4 Jun 2014 04:29:46 -0700 (PDT), Aamir Nawaz <engr.aamir09@gmail.com> wrote: >I have input feature that can have 0,1 or 2 values. That is why i normalized all other data in range 0-2. Now should it is necessary to apply activation function on output neuron? if it is, then what activa...

VIBE 2.2 #2
About: Visual Information Broker Enterprise (VIBE) is an IDE that enables application developers to automate the design and development of infrastructure components for complex distributed cross-platform, cross-language systems applications. You can define messages and generate infrastructure support code for the IBM MQ information bus, Sybase, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, and other JDBC compliant databases, XML with transformations that use tools like XSL, and J2EE. It also includes a fully functional Business Rules engine, along with a graphical programming environment. Changes: This relea...

OTM 2.2 #2
Hi all Just installed OTM on a cust pc (Win XP) Got a problem that when using the system terminal to access Meridian Mail, I am unable to exit from mail as the Cntrl ] function is not recognised. Now is this a problem with OTM or with the customers PC? Thanks Solved it. The term type was set to VT100 and not VT220 ...

Printing 2^1, 2^2, 2^3, 2^4 and 2^5
Hi, When I use a while loop, the output is: 2 4 8 16 32, as desired: <?php $c=1; while($c<=5) { $d = newpow(2, $c); print "$d "; $c++; } function newpow($base, $power) { // statements... } ?> The But when I use a for loop, the output is: 64: <?php for($c=1; $c<=5; $c++); { $d = newpow(2, $c); print "$d "; } function newpow($base, $power) { // statements... } ?> Why is this?? Many thanks, Michael mejpark wrote: > When I use a while loop, the output is: 2 4 8 16 32, as desired: [...] > The But when I use a for loop, the output is: 64...

Does 4/2/2= (4/2)/2 =1 OR = 4/(2/2)=4
I don't have matlab and I am trying to translate some simple matlab code. Does 4/2/2 = (4/2)/2 = 1 or 4/2/2 = 4/(2/2) = 4 On 9/11/2012 9:43 AM, sarah.englander@gmail.com wrote: > I don't have matlab and I am trying to translate some simple matlab code. > > Does 4/2/2 = (4/2)/2 = 1 yes. At a given precedence level (and obviously two of the same operators are the same level) evaluation proceeds from LtoR. ....snip... <http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/matlab_prog/f0-40063.html#f0-38155> -- dpb <none@non.net> wrote in message <k2njh1$jes$1@speranza.aioe.org>... > On 9/11/2012 9:43 AM, sarah.englander@gmail.com wrote: > > I don't have matlab and I am trying to translate some simple matlab code. > > > > Does 4/2/2 = (4/2)/2 = 1 > > yes. At a given precedence level (and obviously two of the same > operators are the same level) evaluation proceeds from LtoR. > > ...snip... > > <http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/matlab_prog/f0-40063.html#f0-38155> > > -- There are a few thing you need to understand: 1. You need to get matlab in order to translate the simple code 2. You should define your parameters as in what is the expected output of your search based on the equations used: Is it : a) 4/2/2 b) (4/2/2) On 9/11/2012 11:13 PM, Salvinder wrote: .. > There are a few thing you need to understand: > 1. ...

2 or not 2
is this a question! http://members.iinet.net.au/~moussa/Image029.jpg Should I? the in house auction is tomorrow :-/ Moussa -- The information contained in this post is copyright of the poster, and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com Il Wed, 09 Sep 2009 16:13:08 +0800, Cheers ha scritto: > is this a question! > > http://members.iinet.net.au/~moussa/Image029.jpg > > Should I? the in house auction is tomorrow :-/ > > Moussa I don't know it but it's BIG ! Do you have free space ? How much, do you think, it will cost ? Could be a nice addiction, but let's listen to someone else... On Sep 9, 4:13 am, Cheers <moussa...@hotmail.com> wrote: > http://members.iinet.net.au/~moussa/Image029.jpg Personally, I'm not that fond of Sun equipment, so I haven't paid that much attention to their offerings. My guess is that the rack is a storage array, and it appears to be on the old side, so it's likely that the total storage capacity in the array could be met or exceeded by one large SATA drive (both 1.5TB and 2.0TB 3.5-inch drives are currently available) -- at much lower noise and power levels. Of course, if you already had one of these bad boys and were just looking for an inexpensive source of spare parts, I'd say go for it. Rick Ekblaw Hi Moussa ! > is this a question! > > http://members.iinet.net.au/~moussa/Image029.jp...

2 + 2 =
2 + 2 = 4. Period. The above was posted as a test. I am seeing if people in csma will start to debate the accuracy of my claims. After all, in base 3, there is no symbol "4". I am sure others can come up with ways to show I am wrong. Then, when I explain how 2 + 2 really is equal to 4, even in other bases or whatever other silliness is presented, I will be told that I am changing my claim. Someone will even go so far as to say that since I admit there is no "4" in base 3, that my argument has been refuted, and I should no longer state that 2 + 2 = 4. This has only been a test. Snit wrote: > 2 + 2 ...

How do you burn a DATA DVD in OS 9.2.2? #2
How do you burn a DATA DVD in OS 9.2.2? TIA! ................................................................. Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<< -=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=- In article <Quasar-AF495C.14275717032006@news.TITANnews.com>, Quasar X <Quasar@the.Sun> wrote: > How do you burn a DATA DVD in OS 9.2.2? I think that Toast 5.2.x runs under 9.2.2 (as well as OS X). What have you tried? Don't use the "DVD" setting;...

Which to get, Disciples 2, Age of Wonders 2 or HOMM4 #2
Wait for AoW:SM or Dominions II. ...

OSK 2.0, 2.2 and 2.3
Does anyone here have any of the versions named in the subject? I am unravelling 68K Basic I-Code, and I need to compare 2.0, 2.2 and 2.3 modules with 2.1 and 2.4 modules. There are differences between 2.1 and 2.4, and I want to know how many other differences there are between versions. Thanks in advance. Wayne Campbell ...

Can't get labview to write continiously to spreadsheet, writes one column each time program is run, then appends data the next time it is run.
I am attempting to write load cell, linear transducer and time stamp to EXCEL. Due to the limited room in EXCEL I have a sample rate of 10/second. This is accomplished by setting the DAQ assistant to one sample (HW timed) in the acquisition mode of the task timer. A wait timer set at a loop rate of&nbsp;1000 millaseconds is included in the "while" loop to slow the sampling rate down. This works well. Now the data is taken outside of the loop and entered into a "build array" block and then into a "write to spreadsheet" block. This generates only one row of&...

[ANN] gettext-2.0.2, gettext_activerecord-2.0.2, gettext_rails-2.0.2
Hi, Ruby-GetText-Package-2.0.2 and the families (gettext-2.0.2, gettext_activerecord-2.0.2 and gettext_rails-2.0.2) are now available. Ruby-GetText-Package is the library/tools for message localization. * gettext - Message localization libraries and tools for all kind of apps/libs. * gettext_activerecord - ActiveRecord Localization * gettext_rails - Rails support with gettext. Changes ------- == gettext-2.0.2 * Support ruby-1.9.1 style format string such as %<foo>d. * Apply new Locale.set_app_language_tags and Locale.candidates. [Suggested by Vladimir Dobriakov] * Enhance...

Get Rich #2 #2
Take advantage of a great deal ...

data structures #2 #2
Hi all, i have an old exam question that i am just looking at and unfortunately i have typed into the compiler and it won't compile. There are to many bugs in the program a good friend of mine told me. I merely interested to know, what will be printed out and the intentions of the examiner for this question. I personally think that both statements will printout, but without it compiling it hard to tell. The second statement been the color one because it is incrementing! Am i right? Cheers, Peri. Please assume getters and setters methods exist.Here is the classes, and the harness class:...

Comparing two proportions in SPSS (2 non-exclusive diseases in 2 data columns)
Hi, Thanks in advance for any wisdom you can share. I'm using SPSS 14.0 for Windows. I have a sample population of 1000 subjects. In my data, I have one column that says whether or not subjects have disease A. Let's say 20% have disease A. I have a second column that says whether or not subjects have disease B. Let's say 80% have disease B. I want to run an analysis using SPSS that will reveal if the prevalence of disease B is significantly greater than the prevalence of disease A in my population. (I would expect so given the large sample size and the substantial difference between prevalence values.) So here's my question: How do I perform this analysis in SPSS? Also note that some subjects have both diseases (the diseases are not mutually exclusive). If what I'm trying to do is unconventional, please say so. I realize it is more common to compare the prevalence of a disease between two populations. I suspect it is less common to compare the prevalence of two diseases in one population. For my sample, a logical assumption is that disease A and B would have similar prevalence, and so a statistically significant difference between the prevalence of disease A and B is meaningful. Thanks again for your advice! vis1@palicka.com wrote: > Hi, > Thanks in advance for any wisdom you can share. > I'm using SPSS 14.0 for Windows. I have a sample population of 1000 > subjects. In my data, I hav...

How to Earn $2,500 every month without Investment through part time jobs? #2
How to Earn $2,500 every month without Investment through part time jobs? You can earn $2,500 the very first month from data entry jobs on internet. This is an easy work from home form filling job. Work less than 1 hr daily. No investment. Open for anyone, worldwide. Please visit the website http://www.earnparttimejobs.com/index.php?id=3677959 ...

Re: How to input data from Excel in a Labview table? #2
I found the error that you were having trouble with as i had the same problem.&nbsp; the author just misclicked Val(Signalling) and if you right click on the property node where it says that and just select Value it will work. ...

How to Earn $2,500 every month without Investment through part time jobs? #2 534295
How to Earn $2,500 every month without Investment through part time jobs? You can earn $2,500 the very first month from data entry jobs on internet. This is an easy work from home form filling job. Work less than 1 hr daily. No investment. Open for anyone, worldwide. Please visit the website http://www.earnparttimejobs.com/index.php?id=3677959 ...

Installing the 8.2.1 run time engine on a system with LabVIEW 8.2 installed
Note: This is a <a href="http://forums.lavag.org/index.php?showtopic=7942" target="_blank">cross-post to LAVA</a>. If I have a system with LabVIEW 8.2 installed and I upgrade only the RTE to 8.2.1 (leaving LabVIEW 8.2 installed) will I run into any problems?- Will applications that I build in LabVIEW 8.2 still run correctly? - Which RTE will applications that I build in 8.2 require? (I'm presuming that the 8.2.1 RTE upgrade will not touch the lvapp.lib stub used by the app builder and that apps built in 8.2 will run in the 8.2 RTE) Here is what I (think I) know: - The 8.2.1 run time engine (RTE) is an upgrade to the 8.2 RTE, meaning that the 8.2 and 8.2.1 RTEs cannot be installed at the same time. - Applications built using LabVIEW 8.2 will run in the 8.2.1 RTE, however apps built using LabVIEW 8.2.1 require the 8.2.1 RTE and will not run in the 8.2 RTE Has anyone attempted this?Thanks, Hi Jim, Anything that we product that is X.X.X is mostly a bug fix release, and so you are correct in that it installs over X.X (your example 8.2.1 installs over 8.2 and so it is not possible to have them installed at the same time separately). It also means that there is a good chance that you can interchange VIs and projects without a problem, but it is not guaranteed. &nbsp; This means that applications built in LV 8.2 can run using 8.2.1 RTE, and LV 8.2.1 applications can probably run with 8.2 RTE, but it is highly recommended to have the same ve...

Re: Merging 2 data sets: 8 observations in 2 tables #2
I'm going to assume that there is exactly one variable common to the two data sets, and that it identifies and distinguishes the 8 subjects. Call that variable ID. Further assuming that both tables are sorted by ID, it should take no more than a simple merge: data both; set table_one table_two; by id; run; On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 11:36:42 -0700, Weis, Erica (DHS-DCDC-IDB) <EWeis@DHS.CA.GOV> wrote: >Hi everyone, >I have 2 tables that contain variables for 8 interview subjects. I'd >like to merge all the variables into a single table w/1 row per >observation. > >TIA, > >Erica L Weis, MPH >Research Scientist >Disease Investigation Section >Infectious Disease Branch >California Department of Health Services >850 Marina Bay Parkway >Bldg. P, 2nd floor >Richmond, CA 94804-6403 >Phone: 510-620-3448 >Fax: 510-620-3425 >Email: eweis@dhs.ca.gov <mailto:eweis@dhs.ca.gov> > ...

Web resources about - get data every 2 columns at a time in excel #2 - comp.lang.labview

Politics, Political News - The Capitol Column
Covering the politics of science, technology, business, entertainment, Capitol Hill, and health.

Column vector - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... unclear because it lacks inline citations . Please improve this article by introducing more precise citations. In linear algebra , a column ...

Column 8
&quot;The report of undies turning outside-in in the wash,&quot; writes Mila Yates, of Valentine (Column 8, Thursday), &quot;begs the question, ...

Jeff Passan Column About Goose Gossage Blows Hot, Cold
On Friday, Yahoo Sports baseball writer Jeff Passan led off his column with the following paragraph: Goose Gossage , a giant bag of gas that ...

ESPN public editor Jim Brady’s Grantland column comes under fire from former staffers
... 30, but its impact is still being felt in sports media. That's most recently the case with ESPN public editor Jim Brady's long-promised column ...

Tuesday Morning Open Thread: The (D) Column
… maybe that stands for (D)ueling (D)eities? Also, a bloc of supporters that only the Dems would, uhhh, solicit (and good for Hillary, doing ...

Why Men shouldn't write advice columns
Passed along by you guessed it Papa B. Hey, I'm just the messenger!

Nitin Desai: Budget choices - Business Standard Column New Document Widgets Magazine Widgets Magazine ...
The finance minister faces a difficult problem in choosing between two sets of advisers. Both factions accept that the Budget must aim at stimulating ...

Column: Night of losers is another winner for UFC
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Her face marked and still red, Holly Holm stared blankly ahead as Conor McGregor walked in, looking a lot worse for the wear ...

‘Crouching Tiger’ Sequel: An American Filmmaker’s Quest To Make The First Eastern Western – Guest Column ...
Sixteen years after Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon became a worldwide phenomenon, the sequel has been released today in China ahead of its U.S. ...