GPIB-USB B trouble after Labview crash

Hi,

I have some trouble with the GPIB-USB NI interface. It works perfectly until my Labview program crashes (which is not the first time and certainly not the last). I need to kill by Windows the labview task.

Then I could not manage to detect again  the GPIB-USB (none of the two leds on the interace works), of course MAX doesn't see the interface, even after reboot.

Any idea how to manage to un-crash the system ?

Thanks

Regards

S. Normand
0
x9561 (148440)

Hello,
Have you tried to reinstall or repair the drivers?
If you try to plug your device on another USB port, the behavior is the same?
Regards.
0
x9561 (148440)
7/26/2007 1:10:06 PM
Thanks for your help,
Yes I re-install (x4) driver and NI Labview, MAX, ....
If I change the USB port, the behavior is the same
It seems to be be very sensitive to accidental unplug of the GPIB-USB interface from the computer.
It seems also be sensitive to LAbview crash. In fact after LAbview crash, it doesn't manage to reset the vi so I have to kill the windows task, then the driver doesn't seem to work correctly and I have to re-install every thing (NI488, MAx...) which is very ennoying.
Have you any idea on the VI reset conducts by Labview ?
Regards,
Stephane
0
x9561 (148440)
7/26/2007 1:10:06 PM
Hello Stephane,
I got no Idea on the origin of that strange behavior.
Is there a message returning when LabVIEW crashes or something like that?
Regards.
0
x9561 (148440)

To Labview or not to labview
I am facing a large decision, to continue developement with labview or to m= ove on to .NET or Delphi. <br>The desire to move comes from the simple fac= t that .NET and Delphi applications 'look' more like windows applications b= oth in appearance and operation. What I am talking about are the menus for= file, edit,printing that we are so used to with such packages as Excel and= the like.<br>I tend to use labview in the following way: write an applica= tion and distribute it to MANY clients running everything from 98 to XP. I= just feel labview is moving away from th...

labview crashing when calling labview-built dll
Hello I need some help with regard to calling a LabVIEW-built DLL in LabVIEW.I have created a vi in LabVIEW. I made the DLL for this vi. I called this VI as a re-entrant in another vi.This vi(calling DLL) has been working fine till yesterday. Since yesterday, it started crashing LV.I need some help in this regard.I am attaching the screenshots of the Application Builder configuration window, the B.D of the vi using DLL and that of the configuration window which pops up when i call the DLL.I made a vi which performs FRA. I built its DLL.I have around 10 inputs. I output 3 one-dimensiona...

How do I create Labview VISA ports for *individual* GPIB instruments using Prologix USB GPIB controller?
Hello, I'm trying to use a Prologix USB GPIB controller to control GPIB instruments, and I would like to have a virtual serial (VISA) port for *each instrument*, as is the case with a normal GPIB controller with a standard NI driver. However this is not what the Prologix driver provides -- it provides a single VISA virtual serial port for the entire controller. To address the instrument with GPIB address 11, you first send "++addr 11" to the serial port, and then you're talking to instrument 11. However, this means I have to change all old Labview programs. Is it possibl...

Labview 7 crashes when opening an earlier Labview version VI
Hello guys. I am using Labview 7 professional edition. The labview crashes when opening an earlier labview version VI. The error message I'm getting is just "Labview has encounted a problem and eneds to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." The VI contains a few Tag SubVIs, and It is written with an earlier version of Labview(BridgeView is what it was called). Do anyone have any ideas that how I can fix this bug? It's going to be a great help. Thank you very much. Hello, &nbsp; LabVIEW should not be crashing in this situation. Now, does this happen for other simil...

Labview 8 crashes when using Read Labview Measurement File
Hi All, &nbsp; I am a new user for Labview. I installed Labview 8.0 from the CD (evaluation copy). I was just testing the sample code provided by NI. I opened the "Load from File and Display" example and I was trying to open the properties for the Read Labview Measurement File component when&nbsp;Labview crashed. I tried it a couple of times and everytime it happens the same way (when I double click the component or right click on it). I am using Windows XP with all the updates done. In the Windows crash report, the application version is 8.0.0.4005. &nbsp; Other problem ...

GPIB instruments connected through Agilent USB/GPIB Interface can bee seen in MAX but can't communicate in labview
I have an Agilent 82357B USB/GPIB Interface connected to my computer.&nbsp; Attached to that, I have two lock-in amplifiers (an SR830, and an SR 850).&nbsp; I would like to be able to communicate with them through GPIB. I have downloaded and installed the software for the Agilent device (Agilent IO Control), and I can see the interface and the two devices in that software.&nbsp; Here's what is configured in this software, that I can see: - The VISA interface ID is GPIB0, and its address is 0 - The VISA addresses of the devices are GPIB0::4::INSTR and GPIB::12::INSTR, and t...

change a LabVIEW array outside LabVIEW and keep updated in LabVIEW
change a LabVIEW array outside LabVIEW and keep updated in LabVIEW hi, I am Interfacing a FrameGrabber with LabVIEW using a frame grabber SDK(dll). The memory managment of this FG allow you to allocate your own Array and to give a pointer to this Array to the memory manager. Then when you acquire with the frame grabber, the acquired image will be directly accessible in your array. 1.I give to the FG memory manager a pointer to the Labview array through a SDK Dll function. 2. I run the acquisition 3. I display the array My problem is that the Array is allways displayed with it initial val...

Why is my GPIB interface dead after installing LabView 6.1 when upgrading from LabView 6.0.2
We installed LV6.1 on our Win2000 machine. GPIB interface no longer works. We had been using LV6.0.2. Did you try to use MAX to check your GPIB interface? Click "F5" to Refresh the system if you can't see the GPIB interface. If you can see the it, try to run NI 488.2 Troubleshooting Wizard under Help->Troubleshooting to test the interface. Bill Yes, I used MAX. The GPIB card shows up there. So does the GPIB instrument. I tried to test the interface with the communicate with device button. The query just timed out. We un-installed the GPIB card and then re-installed i...

Using GPIB-USB HS with Labview 3.1
Hi, I have a old computer with Labview 3.1 and Windown 3.1, and the GPIB card in the old computer is broken. I am using Labview to make some measurements via GPIB. So I switched to a new computer and I am still using the old vi with the conversion kit from NI (which I can run Labview 3.1 in Windows XP) I also bought the GPIB-USB HS, and installed it. &nbsp; The problem now is that there is a GPIB function in Labview 3.1 which I need to tell it the address of the GPIB. After switching to the GPIB-USB HS, I dont know what is the address. It doesnt show in any port # in the device manager. I ...

LabVIEW 7.1, DBT-120 USB bluetooth Adapter, How can I access and use DBT-120 in Labview?
I'm labview7.1 user and testing the usb bluetooth adapter(DBT-120) mady by = D-Link. <br><br>My application is the bluetooth link (wireless) between 2 P= Cs installed DBT-120 (using LabVIEW or another programming language). It wo= rks good with DBT-120 basic driver.(Network access, File transfer, etc.) Bu= t LabVIEW cant't access to DBT-120 and I can't uderstand how I can access a= nd program DBT-120 in LabVIEW for my application.<br><br>I did do requireme= nts on "Developing Bluetooth Applications with LabVIEW" =3D=3D URL http://z= one.ni.c...

Why does LabView only find new plugged USB-GPIB Devices after restarting?
Hello, I'm new here, I've found the thread about reloading the Visa device list but in my case I found no solution in it.&nbsp; So I post this question:My goal is to find unplugged and plugged GPIB devices during runtime of my apllication. I checked using "Find VISA Resources" but it does not work. Only after closing the program and restarting, new plugged devices will be found.This is not a problem off a special deviec it occurs with all devices I use. Is there a solution, that I can find all GPIB and COM devices which are atteched at my computer??Thanks for answers.Davi...

Re: LabVIEW and LabVIEW RT?
Hello Iman, I will try to illustrate it with an example since it all will depend on the type of application you would like to implement. Let's say you would like to implement an application where you log data, maybe exchange data with databases and you acquire a bunch of data points at a time not performing any type of control and where high determinism is&nbsp;not needed. In this case LabVIEW for Windows work great. If you on the other hand would like to implement a closed-loop application where you need high determinism and reliability and will acquire data point by point you would u...

Labview crashing
Hi,I had installed tkafg3k driver and then decided to remove it. When I ran Labview, it will always crash, with the message "Labview.exe has encountered a problem.....". I'm not sure what to do, I've tried reinstalling the driver but did not change the situation. Will I have to reinstall? I'm quite reluctant to do that as I've got the NiScope-5102 card installed on it too. Fun Hi flai, I've installed (unzipped the instrument driver file&nbsp;to the instr.lib folder)&nbsp;and uninstalled (deleted the tkafg3k folder in the instr.lib folder)&nbsp;the tka...

Crash LabVIEW
In the zip file are two vi's. The "Crash LabVIEW.vi" vi&nbsp;uses a subpanel to open the other&nbsp;vi "just a while loop.vi". When the stop button is pressed on "Crash LabVIEW.vi", it sends the data to the stop button on the&nbsp;"just a while loop.vi". It works fine, but read the comments in the "Crash LabVIEW.vi". It was a simple mistake, but still no error message, nothing, just LabVIEW disappearing off the screen and off the task manager... I guess you can't compare apples and oranges, even though LabVIEW will let you t...

LabVIEW Crash
This happened few times in last couple of weeks and I thought I should post error here. In this perticular case VI is very simple. It has 1 chart and one button. One while loop which generates random numbers and displays on chart.I tried to change chart properties few times and tried to undo few times and thats it.. &nbsp; Worst part is it does not allow me to save. LV just exits after I click ok. &nbsp; Error attached. (WinXP pro)Message Edited by Sheetal on 08-08-2006 02:08 PM LV_Crash.JPG: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/199682/1/LV_Crash.JPG Hi Sheetal, I'm not able...

If i have a labview .vi file(and labview) but i want to open it in a computer that doesn't have labview, how would i do it??
Okay, i have a made a labview program and save it as.vi. &nbsp; Let's say that it is a program that when opened and you hit run it shows a sine wave. &nbsp; Now if i wanted to open up the program without Labview, ( i don't need to modify it) on a computer that doesn't have labview. How would i go about doing this?? &nbsp; Thanks, K ...

Labview
what can i do to show all the results that measured at different time on the graph, instead of only show 1 plot whenever the measurement was taken? As i only can show 1 plot when new results are taken how to maintain the old result to be show on the graph too? use the commands %create a figure figure(1); % your plot commands hold on; % more commands and it will keep the %current data Thanks. -jbs shana wrote: > > > what can i do to show all the results that measured at different > time > on the graph, instead of only show 1 plot whenever the measurement > was > taken...

LabVIEW
Hi ALL, I am a new user of LabVIEW. I have been assigned to acquire a signal from a sensor at a car. However, all these signals must be filtered. But I am not sure, what type of filter most powerful. Besides, as I know, different type of signal needs differenct type of filter. Anybody can help me to solve my problems. Your kind cooperation is highly appreciated. Regards, M. Firdaus, France Fird wrote: > Hi ALL, > I am a new user of LabVIEW. > I have been assigned to acquire a signal from a sensor at a car. > However, all these signals must be filtered. ...

can LabView talk to USB devices by PC USB?
We have USB hardware that connects to the PC via the USB port which I would control by LV. Does a pll is exiting for this type of application? I am far from being quaified to answer this, but I can tell you this much. Due to the low level nature of USB, LabVIEW has no way of talking to a generic USB device. If the devices is one of the standard classes (Human Interface Device for example), then there are Win32 functions you can call - although I have no clue where these are located. If not, you almost always need drivers for the device which provide custom DLLs. If you do not have this th...

USB 6009 / USB 6210 with LabVIEW 7 Express
Hi all, Firstly apologies if this question has been posted before and also apologies if it seems rather trivial. I?m an amateur also at things like this! Anyway I want to use Labview 7 express with USB - 6009 / USB 6210. i have LV 7 Express along with MAX 3.5 , where as i m using NI PCI&nbsp; XXXX with this software configeration n providing solutions to different end use there fore not able to change the plateform. i recentely got the USB 6009 ( qty = 2 ) and USB 6210 ( qty = 1 ) along with the drivers CDs but these drivers r for LV 7.1 or above version.Thus plz help me by providing ...

How to save in labview 7, from labview 8
Need to open my LV 8 VI in LV7, due to different plattforms... &nbsp; How do I make it possible? Hi, You will have to save out your VI&nbsp;using LabVIEW 8 first, select the Save with options. Then you can select the previous version, which probably is 7.1. ( You will have to repeat the procedure using LV7.1) If you have used any of the new functions and featured in your VI(s), then these will be lost when you save backwards. Hope this helps Regards Ray Farmer Hi Ray, 1) I was just trying your advice on my system and I don't see 'Save with Option' .&nbsp; There is Sav...

how to make my labview codings as a package for labview
Hello NI, &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I made drivers for some thrid party instruments, which is compatable for serial port and&nbsp;Ethernet.&nbsp;I have several vi's for that i cant able to share these vi's to my friends. i just want to build one package of my driver, also i want to install these package to labview user library. &nbsp; Tell me some good suggestion for this. &nbsp; With&nbsp;warm regards, Balaji DP Application Engineer...

BS2sx and Labview

Installation of LabView 8 after LabView 6
Good afternoon everybody, &nbsp; I've got a big problem with LabView. The fact is that I begin with this software... I've just installed LabView 8 on a computer where LabView 6 was installed. Once the installation finished, I tried to launch a VI That was developped under the old version. &nbsp; The problem is that two VI can't be found : - AI Sample Channel.vi - AI Acquire Waveform.vi Therefore, I can't use anymore the program that was working before... What is the solution to get everything ok please ? Thank you very much ! SylvianTriquigneaux, the VI will now...

Web resources about - GPIB-USB B trouble after Labview crash - comp.lang.labview

GPIB To USB, With A Python API
... the back of these machines, labeled GPIB or IEEE-488. This is the standard interface for these devices, and if you’ve ever priced out a USB ...