Help! Can't read file with the char's. " / " and "." !

Hi fellows!

I got this file : example.

13-06-06 12:30:20,526        -3,568
13-06-06 12:30:20,529      -13,528
13-06-06 12:30:20,556      -30,568
..
..
..
My program writes this file, and in my program i also got a  ReadFile.VI, to read this file and plot the data and i had no problem with that.
Then I tried in another computer  (with american english characters) . then when  my program writes a file there
I got the file look like this:

13/06/06 12:30:20.526        -3.568
13/06/06 12:30:20.529      -13.528
13/06/06 12:30:20.556      -30.568
..
..
You can see that the caharacters "- " and ", " are replaced with "/ " and ". "
Then when want to read this file with in my ReadFile.VI, the scan string comes with an error. So I managed this problem with replacing the american char's with the eurpaen char's. But I'm shure that Labview can handle that in another way. see Attached vi. how i hanlded the problem. an easyer way there shure is!!  Help any suggestions. !!???
Regards
Zamzam
The other Attached file shows the format string to date and time , when written to file.!

FileRead.JPG:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/190846/1/FileRead.JPG

DateTimeTo file.JPG:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/190846/2/DateTimeTo file.JPG
0
x9561 (148438)

hi eaolson,

please kindly allow me to seek your advice,

i am a beginner in Labview, may I know where to find the meaning of these symbols, "%d/%d/%d\s%d:%d:%d.%f" , %s,etc. is there a list?

thanks in advance.

0
x9561 (148438)
6/14/2007 2:10:06 AM