How can I get Tab space betweem text on MS Excel report using Excel Easy Text.vi and Tab Constant?

I am using Excel Easy Text.vi from Report Generation palette (LabVIEW 7.1) to generate Excel report.

I created a string (includes text and Tab Constants) and connected it to "text" input of Excel Easy Text.vi. The output on the Excel report is the text and a small square shaped drawing (space) not a tab. I tried \t got same result.

How can I get Tab space betweem text on my Excel report sheet using Excel Easy Text.vi and Tab Constant?

Thanks for your help.

LVLV
0
x9561 (148440)

Hello,
From what I can tell, you cannot insert a Tab into a cell in Excel, even within Excel itself.  Whenever I tried to do it, pressing Tab just moved me to the next cell.  The little square symbol you see is how Excel respresents any non-displayable character.
So this does not seem to be a limitation with the Report Generation Toolkit, but rather with Excel.  I recommend you insert a number of spaces in your text instead of a tab character, to achieve the desired effect.
-D
0
x9561 (148440)

CSV::Writer... Using tabs instead of commas (or creating excel file using tabs to seperate data)
I want to create an excel file from data I get from my DB but since some of my fields contain commas in them I was hoping I can use CSV::Writer but instead of having the default of commas seperate data I could use tabs? Any have any suggestions on what the sexiest way to do this is? -- John Kopanas john@kopanas.com http://www.kopanas.com http://www.cusec.net http://www.soen.info On Jan 29, 11:22 am, "John Kopanas" <kopa...@gmail.com> wrote: > I want to create an excel file from data I get from my DB but since > some of my fields contain commas in them I was hoping I can use > CSV::Writer but instead of having the default of commas seperate data > I could use tabs? Any have any suggestions on what the sexiest way to > do this is? > > -- > John Kopanas > j...@kopanas.com > > http://www.kopanas.comhttp://www.cusec.nethttp://www.soen.info A quick look at the CSV docs indicates its easy to specify the character to use as a field separator (http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/csv/rdoc/classes/CSV/ Writer.html) Hint: look for 'fs' If you want to avoid the intermediate CSV files you could use OLE to drive Excel, or Spreadsheet (http://rubyspreadsheet.sourceforge.net/) to create the file (even if Excel is not installed). Cheers Chris On 1/29/07, ChrisH <chris.hulan@gmail.com> wrote: > On Jan 29, 11:22 am, "John Kopanas" <kopa...@gmail.com> wrote: > > I want to create an excel file ...

Easy text Report.VI...not so easy
I'm using LV 7.0 and when I try to use the 'Easy Text Report.VI' I get this: Error -2147319779 occurred at library not registered. in font styoe.vi->set report font.vi->easy text report.vi->untitled 1. This error code is undefined. No one has provided a description for this code, or you migh have wired a number that is not an erro code to the error code input. I would appreciate any help on this....tks I am not positive what is causing the issue, but here is a list of things that may fix it. I understand some look strange, but I promise I have seen them fix issues. 1....

How can I set the tab order of text box controls on each page of a tab control?
I need to be able to select the tabbing order of individual controls on a single page of a tabbed control. How?? In LV 6.1 an up you should be ablel to right click on the edge of the tab control when the tab-page in question is selected. The bttom selcetion in the pop-up is "Reoder controls in page..." selecting this option will switch editing modes to allow you to specify the ored, just like in a cluster. I seem to remeber in older versions you had to drag the tabable controls off the tab control, specify the tabbing oder and then drag them back on. The oldest version I have on ...

save a tab delimited text file as excel worksheet
Hi i am so stuck! i have a tab delimited txt file that i open using actxserver and want to save it as an excel file! i use the command invoke(Workbook, 'SaveCopyAs', 'test.xls'); but what i get is a tab delimited file with an xls extension, i.e. the format of the file is not really excel after saving! only the extension changes! what command should i use instead? and do you know a reference for axtxserver command formats? thanks a lot! Mehrnoush ...

Spaces / Tabs in text
What is the correct way to align text in Filemaker (6 pro)? We are having lots of fun in WinXP trying to get text that has been entered in a text box and aligned in a table format to print out as it looks on screen. Tabs don't seem to work and spaces are a little better but still misalign wildly. At the moment we are having to print to PDF then insert white dots (as Acrobat seems to go mental too when adding a space [it jumps about 3 tabs worth of space or more sometimes]). This is an example of what we are doing: text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text...

Using USB NI-6008 on LV7.1 the results data has to be in Excel. It looks as cluster data format that i can not insert into excel VI
I am Using USB 6008 with LV 7.1. The application is voltage logger and i would like to use excel and upload the data . The Columns will be the channels and the rows will be the data. The data comes from the DAQmx vi not like a simple string or an number it is kind of cluster data which contains strings and numbers and more for each measurement. I tryed to work with spraedshit and it goes ok but it is not conveniant to convert later to excel. Do you have a solution for that please? (How to extract the data from the cluster type format that is used with USB6008). &nbsp; TX arik &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; USB-6008-r3.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/227723/1/USB-6008-r3.vi Sorry , i attached wrong file &nbsp; Here is the problematic file attached now Write Table To XL_r1.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/227724/1/Write Table To XL_r1.vi TX I will examine that soon and return back Have a nice day TX TX TX &nbsp; I understood my mistake , it is a great solution - DAqmx has all kinds of output formats &nbsp; I found what i need and i have seen your example. &nbsp; Great , solved &nbsp; TX ...

Re: How can I cut and paste an excel spreadsheet using NI's New Microsoft word &amp; excel report generation toolkit?
how can i add formula to labview database.... other than n excel..or adding formula to table..pls suggest a solution soon.. Hi TIJU, &nbsp; Can you clarify what you are trying to do?&nbsp; Are you using an Excel spreadsheet to do some calculations and you want to add more formulas to that?&nbsp; Are you using a database and interfacing with it using LabVIEW?&nbsp; If you can clarify exactly what you are trying to do maybe we can come up with a solution.&nbsp; Thanks and have a great day! &nbsp; &nbsp; ...

Re: How can I cut and paste an excel spreadsheet using NI's New Microsoft word &amp; excel report generation toolkit? #2
how can i add formula to labview database.... other than n excel..or adding formula to table..pls suggest a solution soon.. Hi TIJU, what do you mean with "add formula to labview database"? Do you want to calculate something in LabView?Mike ...

How to populate column titles for y values when using Write to Measurement File Express VI with a tab delimited text-based .lvm file?
The .lvm file generated by the Write to Measurement File Express VI includes column heading titles for the y values, but they are a default value of "untitled".&nbsp; See attached example of a sample&nbsp;file when opened in Excel, the values in question are highlighted.&nbsp; Is there a way to specify the column titles when the file is written? &nbsp; This is a similar question to <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=125937&amp;query.id=529265" target="_blank">this posting</a>, which received a work around response to use the Write to Spreadsheet File.vi,&nbsp;rather than a solution when using this VI. &nbsp;Message Edited by Hightop Raven on 05-02-2007 03:37 PM column_titles.gif: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/245240/1/column_titles.gif the attached&nbsp;screen shot shows the variables going into an array to be sent to the write to measurement vi is it possible to add this NI_ChannelName attribute to the variables in this situation? write_to_file_screen_capture.gif: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/245587/1/write_to_file_screen_capture.gif Sorry for the late reply.&nbsp; I was out of the office Friday. You can do it, but the code can get rather ugly.&nbsp; Under the hood, the dynamic data type (the dark blue wire) is an array of waveforms.&nbsp; In your case, the scalar values you convert to a dynamic data type are being con...

How to access data from an MS Excel sheet and import it to a MS Word using LabView?
Hello I would like to know how is it possible to access a specified data( for example row 1 ,column 2 to 5) in an Excel sheet and import it to a word document using LabView. Thanks You can interact with Office application through ActiveX, but you should be warned that it requires opening a lot of properties and going deep into the Office object hierarchy and this does not look nice in LabVIEW. If you open the example finder (Help&gt;&gt;Find Examples) and search for "ActiveX" or "Excel" you should find some examples on the basics of working with Excel. You can do the same with Word, so you can get your data from Excel and put it into Word. If you search here you should also find some threads dealing with this. To learn more about LabVIEW, I suggest you try searching this site and google for LabVIEW tutorials. <a href="http://cnx.rice.edu/content/col10241/latest/" target="_blank">Here</a>, <a href="http://zone.ni.com/devzone/learningcenter.nsf/03f7c60f17aad210862567a90054a26c/55974411828f779086256ce9007504bd" target="_blank">here</a>, <a href="http://www.mech.uwa.edu.au/jpt/tutorial/index.html" target="_blank">here</a>, <a href="http://www.iit.edu/~labview/Dummies.html" target="_blank">here</a> and <a href="http://www.upscale.utoronto.ca/GeneralInterest/LabView.html" target="_blank">here</a...

A free utility for direct copy of Tandem files into Ms Sql, Ms Excel and flat text files
It's an 'Ftp-like' command line utility. You can copy Tandem Enscribe Files and Sql Tables into MS Sql server tables, MS Excel files or flat text files. Filter can be applied on rows and columns, both for Enscribe Files and Sql tables. It's free. Downloadable from http://free.x3.hu/peak-tibor/ Tibor PE�K ...

How can I set the caption text of picture controls inside an array or how can I choose which array element is assigned using the array elements caption text property.
I have 8 picture controls inside an array and I would like to set the caption text of these controls. I have used the property node of the array and used the array elements property caption text to set the text. &nbsp; The problem is however that&nbsp;I set the same text to all the picture controls inside the array. My question is how to set caption text of specific elements (Picture control) that I have so far only been able to access using the array elements caption text property. &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Some more help &nbsp; 1 You could use the caption of the array and place it in front of the selected picture and update that using property nodes. 2 Like Norbett said if you use a cluster of pictures then their caption can be updated individually. &nbsp; Here is a an example that demonstrates the above &nbsp; David Modify the Captions Of Pictures.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/215729/1/Modify the Captions Of Pictures.vi Thanks for your advice, it would have been&nbsp;nice to be able to access the captions of the picture controls individually inside the array, but it's good to know that it is not possible. &nbsp; I will go on with a solution using clusters instead. &nbsp; Thanks again. &nbsp; &nbsp; :smileyhappy: ...

how to prevent tabs in edit text boxes (tab to change uicontrol)
I have a GUI with several uicontrols with single line edit text boxes and one multi-line box. I want to be able to tab between fields, but once the multi-line edit box has the focus, a tab creates a tab in the string of the edit text box instead of moving on to the next uicontrol in the tab order. All help is appreciated. "Jayson Brouchoud" <brou0040@tc.umn.edu> wrote in message <hibndh$4sq$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I have a GUI with several uicontrols with single line edit text boxes and one multi-line box. I want to be able to tab between fields, but once th...

Mouse changes when Tab label is Text[] vs normal text. Why?
Hello experts; This is not a big deal thing for me, I just was curios on what this behavior occur more than anything. If you enter the following command: TabView[{"1" -> 1, Style["2", FontSize -> 16] -> 2}] and then move the mouse over the Tab with '2' on it, and notice the mouse shape, you'll see it stays an arrow shape (standard on windoz). Now if you enter this command instead: TabView[{"1" -> 1, Text[Style["2", FontSize -> 16]] -> 2}] and do the same, you'll notice that the mouse, when it is ...

text-text

text + text

Tab Tab
How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? Op 4 Aug 2004 12:39:13 -0700 schreef gnosis: > How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? gawk 'BEGIN {print "\t\t"}'</dev/null >file -- There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Gerard Wassink http://linux.family.filternet.nl http://freeware.family.filternet.nl Linux counter #360967, "In a world without fences, who needs gates?" gnosis wrote: > How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? I'm not sure I understand the question..... If you mean: 'put 2 TAB (0x09) characters into a text file from a command prompt', then echo -e '\t\t' >somefile or echo -e '\t\t' >>somefile If you mean: 'the output of the BASH 'TAB-TAB' "completion key combo", then no. The BASH TAB-TAB key combo is meant as input to BASH, so BASH interprets the TAB-TAB combo before you have a chance to supply any re-direct operators for the command. Regards, Larry -- Anti-spam address, change each 'X' to '.' to reply directly. ...

How can you get a form to display text from an external text document?
How can you get all the text from a text document (like notepad) and put it into a label? Also is it possible to change the text in the text document? Thank you. Hi James, You need to read the text file line by line, concatenate the lines together and then assign it to the caption of the label. Check out the Line Input # statement in Help. HTH Martin "James" <jas4@thanet.ac.uk> wrote in message news:1102928059.579651.251840@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > How can you get all the text from a text document (like notepad) and > put it into a label? Also is it possible to change the text in the > text document? > Thank you. > For something simple like notepad, use SendMessage with the WM_GETTEXTLENGHT and WM_GETTEXT messages. This presumes you already have the hwnd of the edit portion of the Notepad app. The converse of this is WM_SETTEXT. -- Randy Birch MS MVP Visual Basic http://vbnet.mvps.org/ "James" <jas4@thanet.ac.uk> wrote in message news:1102928059.579651.251840@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... : How can you get all the text from a text document (like notepad) and : put it into a label? Also is it possible to change the text in the : text document? : Thank you. : Perhaps.... Function GetTextFromFile(strInputFileName) As String Dim FFIn As Integer FFIn = FreeFile Open strInputFileName For Input As #FFIn GetTextFromFile = Input$(LOF(FFIn), #FFIn) Close #FFIn End Function Probably want some error handling ...

How can I use Ruby with MS Excel?
As much as I hate to say it, Microsoft Excel is here to stay and will continue to be the most popular tool among engineers and scientists. When I say engineers, I mean mechanical, civil, environmental, chemical engineers. The new version of Excel has some very nice graphical capability. I love Ruby and hate Visual Basic with passion. Hopefully that goes without further explanation. Could someone here help me envision a way to make use of Excel for the input/output and Ruby for the model logic? In the perfect world, I would set up spreadsheet columns in Excel with input data. Ma...

PHP - using mail() and unicode text
I have the following problem. On a website there's a (simple) feedback form. This is used also by Polish visitors who (of course) type Polish text using special characters. However, when I receive the text in my mailbox, all special characters have been turned into mess...... For example: "wsp�lprace" is turned into "współprace". It seems PHP is handling the Unicode-8 strings quite well (when I 'echo' the strings on the site, I see the text correctly), until the point that it is send by using mail(). Is this a server configuration issue? Or something else? How can I get my text to remain in Unicode? I have this problem both on my testserver (Apache 1.3.28, PHP 4.3.2 on Windows XP) as on my providers server (Apache under Linux). Hope anybody can help. Many thanks, Edo. > For example: "wsp�lprace" is turned into "wspó�,prace". > > It seems PHP is handling the Unicode-8 strings quite well are you setting up the headers of the email to state something such as Content-Type: text/html;charset=iso-8859-15 It's an encoding issue. One way to deal with this is to escape the UTF-8 text using imap_8bit() and set the charset in the email header to UTF-8. Many email clients don't handle this correctly though. I would recommend sending multipart mails. In the plaintext part, remove the accent marks (solidarnos'c' -> solidarnosc). In the HTML part, encoding the special characters as HT...

Text truncates when linking Access report to Excel
When trying to analyze an Access report with MS Excel a data field (type Memo) displays only the first 150 characters in Excel. This doesn't happen in Word. What is the solution??? Thanks. ...

Change text report with tab delimiter file
Hi All And suggestion change text report with tab delimiter file ? Our Progress Database generate report will text format only. e.g. Report like below Header Line 1 to n yyyy/mm/dd XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Page XXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ....... XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Col1 to Coln Each column have ------- for column width. each column as least 1 space . e.g ----- = 5 column width ---------- = 10 column width col1 col2-l2 col3 ... coln --------...

How can I get c# text and use as parameter?
I want to grab what is in textbox1, put in string, and send as a query to bring up report with only textbox1 occurances in table. How do I do that please? Thanks, Trint "trint" <trinity.smith@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1104768719.403928.182220@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >I want to grab what is in textbox1, put in string, and send as a query > to bring up report with only textbox1 occurances in table. How do I do > that please? > Thanks, > Trint > You will probably get a better answer in a C# or .NET forum - from a pure MSSQL point of view, you probably want to look at creating a stored procedure which takes @mystring as a parameter. But there are different ways to call a stored proc (check out the Command and Connection objects in ADO), which is why you might want to try a different group for a more exact reponse. Simon ...

Excel 2013 64bit can't use Excel Add-in by DEPLOYTOOL
Hi everybody Recently I upgrade my Office to Office 2013(64bit) on Win8.1(64bit). But the add-in dll files can not be registered by "regsvr32.exe {dll path}", in the same way I can create Excel Add-in by using delploytool for Office 2010(64bit). Anybody know how to make Excel 2013 (64bit) work with the Excel Add-in generated by DEPLOYTOOL? Cheers, Cross ...

Web resources about - How can I get Tab space betweem text on MS Excel report using Excel Easy Text.vi and Tab Constant? - comp.lang.labview

Magic constant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The magic constant or magic sum of a magic square is the sum of numbers in any row, column, or diagonal of the magic square. For example, the ...

Sharjah art exhibition embraces the UAE’s constant state of flux and transition
The latest exhibition in Maraya Art Centre in Sharjah celebrates the constant movement of people – waves of migration and transience of the population ...

Australia v West Indies, third Test: Glenn McGrath feels for Josh Hazlewood because of constant comparisons ...
Former Australian paceman Glenn McGrath says he feels sorry for Josh Hazlewood because of the incessant comparisons to himself.

Water shortages, toilet restrictions and constant fear: Details about life on Nauru revealed
A former employee at the Nauru detention centre has lifted the lid on conditions within the compound, including limited access to toilets and ...

Stations on SoundCloud provide a constant stream of tunes
... want to take a look at Apple no longer streaming iTunes Radio for free . SoundCloud - Music & Audio Stations on SoundCloud provide a constant ...

2.9M Drone Shipments, Constant Sensing Among CES Tech Trends
The annual Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas always kicks off with a couple of overview sessions for press at the Mandalay Bay hotel, covering ...

'A constant drip, drip, drip': A judge made clear that Hillary's email problems aren't going away any ...
... of state undermined public access to official government records, as required under the Freedom of Information Act. "There has been a constant ...

"Constant fear" for gay refugees in Europe's shelters
Attack victims and charities trying to help say scores of reported incidents likely only tip of the iceberg as cultures clash

James Middleton: ‘As a businessman I am reported as a constant failure’
... success. You can read the full piece here . Some highlights: James wants to be taken seriously: “As a businessman I am reported as a constant ...

The Only Constant In The EPL Title Race Is Chaos
The Premier League season is a brutally long slog through 38 games from August to May, where teams must balance ambitions on as many as four ...