How can I use an iteration value from a "while" (or "for") loop as part of a filename?

I am using the "Write To Measurement File" function  inside a while structure and would like to incorporate the iterative value from the while-loop as part of the file name. I'm not sure how to do it. Any suggestions?

0
x9561 (148441)

How to use "GetLastInputInfo" in "user32.dll"
      Hi,   I need to logout user if he doesn't make action during 5 minutes, "GetLastInputInfo" method in the "user32.dll" library, return the tick of the last action, so I can know the inactivity time of the login user.   But I try to using "Call Dll function" item in Labview 8.1, and each time I run VI, Labview crash.   Next, is information about the method :   DLL###############################User32.dll   Syntax###############################BOOL GetLastInpu...

"re-entrant" "file I/O" "QSM_State Machines"
    I have trouble with writing (appending) to text file in a QSM that is in an "occurence mode" of operation whereby the queue waits for outside engueue to go ahead and do a task. The task is simply to write to a file a line of text.   Outside producers give the queue its go ahead and data is sent along etc...   WHat I am seeing in the logging functions are multiple errors (Error 1) Somehow Labview is not noticing that the reference is valid or it is invalidating the reference.   Q is Should I just let the QSM loop to keep it ali...

The use of the "XY graph" with the "Read Traces"
Hi, I'm trying to plot on "XY Graph"  some informations wich are taken directly from the "Read Traces", and the problem is that the Start timestamp wich i enter to the "Read Traces" don't correspond to the beginning of the X axeof the graph. Can some one help me please. Question pour le forum NI.doc: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/334716/1/Question pour le forum NI.doc Hi basile Have you found an issue about your problem? Could you attach you code(.vi) please? Thanks. Regards. Hi   R_DUVALThank you for your help but ...

VI "FindInstrumentDrivers.vi" was stopped at node "" at a call to "IDF_WsIdOpen.vi"
This what I get trying to download Instrument Drivers in LabVIEW 8.2. LabVIEW 8.6 doesn't succeed either. any ideas? Could just be an intermittent server problem. Does this happen all the time? At what point does it fail? When you first launch it, after you login? The network traffic indicates that it uses port 3339. Is this being blocked by your firewall? ...

Programmatic "undo" for "FitControlToPane" ?
Howdy neighbors!, (using LV8.2)  I'm trying to develop a GUI that lets the user toggle a Tab-control between "Full Pane" and a reduced size/position - sorta-like the "Full Screen" option on many Video apps.  The effect of the invoke-node method "FitControlToPane" is perfect (- :smileyhappy: -), but how to undo that effect?  After FitControlToPane, "Scale Object with Pane" is selected in the IDE, yet I can't find a "property" for it. :smileysad:  FitControlT...

How to change "ASRL2:... " to "COM1"?
Dear All,         I have used com port in my vi. And When I run it in edit mode, the selection of com displays "COM1,COM2,LTP1".        But when I build it, and run it in another PC, it displays "ASRL2:...".        How can I modify my vi to make it display COM1... in another PC?        And If I only want to display all serial port such as COM1,...

Trouble using Real Time "Wait" and "Wait until"
Hi,My problem is:When I use Labview Realtime with a while loop in CompactRIO, if I use a "Wait" or "Wait Until" function with unit "us" ot "ns" the loop will stop there forever. However, if I set the unit to ms, the loop can normally run.Besides, if I run the same vi under the host computer (not under CompactRIO), the loop can run correctly with whatever units "ms", "us", or "ns".Can anyone help me to solve this problem or tell me why?Thanks! ...

Adding an "IMAQ Image.ctl" to the "Display State.ctl" of an XControl prevents LabVIEW from creating a probe of "Display State.ctl"
I am working on an extended IMAQ Display control using LabVIEWs XControl capabilities.   I need a copy of the original image passed to add some overlays which must not affect the original image. To achieve this I am creating a backup image in the "Init.vi" and deleting it in the "Uninit.vi". I am storing the reference of this image in the "Display State.ctl" which is part of every XControl.   As soon as I am adding an "IMAQ Image.ctl" to the Display State cluster, it is no longer possible to generate a probe of the Dis...

'&&&&a'="&&&&a."
I need a data step that is equivalent to data _NULL_; file print; put '&&&&&&a=' "&&&&&&a"; run; Yet the number of & is a variable, I need to write a Macro, so far I got only half of the code('&&&&&&a.='), I don't know how to put the other half ("&&&&&&a.") into Macro Thanks. %Macro R(k); data _NULL_; file print; put %do i= 1 %to &k.; '&' %end; 'a=' ; run; %mend; %R(10); ==================================================...

"VI was stopped at node " " at a call to "In Port Old 6.x.vi""
Hi. I am having problems with a VI that was initially developed for LABView 6i. I have upgraded to LABView 8.2 but whenever I run the program in LABView 8.2 I get the error message that my VI was stopped at node  " " at a call to "In Port Old 6.x.vi". The VI generally aquires data from a measurement instrument via an RS232 COM port. I have searched the forum and the only reference to this problem mentioned that it can be solved by making "minor modifications" to the polymorphic In Port VI in LABView 8.2 but I have no idea how to do this...

how to connect "IMAQ Get Buffer.vi" output terminal of "Image Out" to the input terminal of "Image" of "IMAQ ColorImageToArray.vi"
Hi, Thanks a lot for helping me till this stage.I am again stuck up with some problem.Please help me this time also. Actually i am making changes in already existingblock diagram and also i am new to this labview programming.And also time is very crucial. So i want to know if there is any way to connect the output of Image out terminal of IMAQ Get Buffer.vi to the input terminal of Image of IMAQ ColorImageToArray.vi. In the actual block diagram the output of Image out terminal of IMAQ GetBuffer.vi is connected to the input terminal of Image of IMAQ ImageToArray.vi. I want to change this becos ...

Problems with "&" changing to "&"
A lot of Firefox users I know, says they have problems with validation where the ampersand sign has to be written as & to be valid. I don't have Firefox my self and don't wont to install it only because of this, so I hope some of you gurus can enlighten me with this :) In what circumstances can the "&" in the source code be involuntary changed to "&" by a browser when or other software, when editing and uploading the file to the web server? E.g. writing a string like "sc_project=402887&java=0&security" is cha...

Diferences between "A& operator = (A& a)" and "A& operator = (const A& a)"
class A{ public: A operator - (int i){ return A(); } A& operator = (A& a){ // if A& operator = (const A& a) works!!! return *this; } }; int main(){ A a, b; a = b; // ok a = b + 1; // error, why? why const is necessary? } Thanks! -- [ See http://www.gotw.ca/resources/clcm.htm for info about ] [ comp.lang.c++.moderated. First time posters: Do this! ] metalbr@gmail.com wrote: > class A{ > public: > A operator - (int i){ > return A(); > } > > A& operator = (A& a...

How can I modify the "Type definitions" of "Function Prototype" if I want build a DLL in Labview 8.5.1.?
Hello,We have a library with several VIs (API - Interfaces to our Real Time Target). This VIs we provide to our customer to generate own VIs to control the Real Time Target.Now we want to provide the functionality of this VI-library as DLL to our customer. The problem is, that labview use self definite name of type definitions. Also if I use "strict Type definition".Example:void GetOutputValues(VARIANT *Scale_In, int32_t ModelNr, uint16_t SignalID[], TD1:smileymad: *errorIn, VARIANT *Scale_Out, TD2 *Data, TD1 *errorOut, int32_t len)It is possible to modify "TD1" and "T...

Web resources about - How can I use an iteration value from a "while" (or "for") loop as part of a filename? - comp.lang.labview