how can labview communicate with barcode scanner of USB interface

I have no idea that USB barcode scanner is within USBTMC or not
and there is no information available from the BCR supplier about the communication.

Is there anyone give me suggestions?
1
x9561 (148440)

hi,

 iam karthick ,here i was used the ps2 keyboard optional barcode scanner it works well,

Program:

               Using event structure(ctl) u can easily get the data from barcode scanner....
0
x9561 (148440)
1/22/2008 4:40:06 AM
hi,

 iam karthick ,here i was used the ps2 keyboard optional barcode scanner it works well,

Program:

               Using event structure(ctlref) u can easily get the data from barcode scanner....
0
x9561 (148440)

GPIB instruments connected through Agilent USB/GPIB Interface can bee seen in MAX but can't communicate in labview
I have an Agilent 82357B USB/GPIB Interface connected to my computer.  Attached to that, I have two lock-in amplifiers (an SR830, and an SR 850).  I would like to be able to communicate with them through GPIB. I have downloaded and installed the software for the Agilent device (Agilent IO Control), and I can see the interface and the two devices in that software.  Here's what is configured in this software, that I can see: - The VISA interface ID is GPIB0, and its address is 0 - The VISA addresses of the devices are GPIB0::4::INSTR and GPIB::12::INSTR, and the GPIB addresses are 4 and 12 In Measerment and Automation Explorer (MAX), I made sure that the Passport for Tulip box was checked.  Once it was, I could see the devices in the Configuration window under Devices and Interfaces -> Miscellaneous VISA Resources.  There, I see GPIB0::INTFC, GPIB0::4::INSTR and GPIB::12::INSTR. I can right click on either of the instruments, and "Open VISA Test Panel" where I am successfully able to send commands and read from both devices. HOWEVER, when I am running an actual LabView program, I am unable to communicate with the devices.  For example, when I try to communicate to the devices through VISA, using the 'Basic Serial Write and Read.vi' (while VISA Resource Name is GPIB0::12::INSTR), I get an error: Error -1073807331 occurred at Property Node (arg 2) in VISA Configure Serial Port (Instr)...

How can I communicate the instrumnet in labview using RS485 interface?
I am using NI USB RS485 to connect the instrument, but I donot have instrument driver,I have to use VISA write and read data. the connection and serial setting are correct, I used a software ModScan32 from win-tech, the communication works well. I want to use the labview as my platform, How can I use VISA? please give me any clue or sample code. the instrument has a Modbus commmunication protocol.ThankS! ...

can I make Labview Exe which can be executed i A PC which is not having labview
hi, &nbsp;I am using lab view&nbsp; 7.1. Can we make a exe or installer, which can be run in a PC which is not having labview installed. If that can be done, please let me know&nbsp;which edition i have to use and how can i do with Regards, Ashok. Under Tools-Build application or shared library, you can build your .exe file. You also have to option to include an installer which installs the necessary LabView dll's. I have the Pro version, however. "budda" <x@no.email> wrote in message news:1174290007790-493593@exchange.ni.com... > hi, > &nbsp;I am using lab view&nbsp; 7.1. Can we make a exe or installer, which > can be run in a PC which is not having labview installed. If that can be > done, please let me know&nbsp;which edition i have to use and how can i do > with Regards, > Ashok. ...

serial error -1073807202 LabView 7.1 can't communicate with USB-serial adapter?
Hello community, &nbsp; I can't get LabView 7.1 to read data from the serial port. If I use the original examples, the examples given hier, VISA or not, I just get the error -1073807202 straight&nbsp;after the Configure vi. Is it possible that LabView just can't communicate with Serial&lt;-&gt;USB adapters? &nbsp; The configuration should be correct: Everything is default, except for the baud rate. It is 38400 bps. Also, I *can* read characters via Win32 CreateFile() and friends. It also works with Hyperterminal. I use WinXP Pro if that matters. And yes, I use the correct COM port (COM4), I always verify that in the device manager. &nbsp; Any help? &nbsp; Best regards &nbsp; Johannes &nbsp; The error means that you don't have VISA installed. It's on the device drivers CD. &nbsp; Hello Dennis, thanks very much for your help. Installing the VISA driver did the trick. &nbsp; Johannes &nbsp; ...

can LabView talk to USB devices by PC USB?
We have USB hardware that connects to the PC via the USB port which I would control by LV. Does a pll is exiting for this type of application? I am far from being quaified to answer this, but I can tell you this much. Due to the low level nature of USB, LabVIEW has no way of talking to a generic USB device. If the devices is one of the standard classes (Human Interface Device for example), then there are Win32 functions you can call - although I have no clue where these are located. If not, you almost always need drivers for the device which provide custom DLLs. If you do not have this th...

interfacing scanner through labview
i want to scan an image through scanner using labview interface with out using the drivers and also modify the image is it possible to do so in labview?can i scan the image using labview interface if i have drivers for scanner the scanner is hp scanjet Hi, If the scanner uses an ActiveX interface, you can try using Automation Open function to open an ActiveX reference to the scanner and use an invoke node to access the functions available for the scanner. Once you have the image in LabVIEW you can use the functions located in the Graphics and Sound>> Graphics Format palette to modify ...

How to interface the Labview and Simulink (Matlab) without using the &quot;NI LabVIEW Simulation Interface Toolkit&quot;?
Hello, I've been using the Labview for the data aquisition. And I also developed a controller in the Simulink (Matlab) environment. I'd like to control my application using both&nbsp;programs. How&nbsp;could I&nbsp;interface the Labview and Simulink (Matlab) without using the "NI LabVIEW Simulation Interface Toolkit"? thank you, Kostya. Hi Kotsya, Thank you for posting to the National Instruments Discussion Forums. If you are not using the Math Interface Toolkit, you may be interested in using the MATLAB� Script Node. This allows you to call MATLAB� commands using ActiveX and I you can call your Simulink model from MATLAB� that way. Here are some resources on how you can do this: <a href="http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361B-01/gmath/matlab_script_node/" target="_blank">MATLAB � Script Node LabVIEW 8.2 Help</a> <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/4475BC3CEB062C9586256D750058F14B?OpenDocument" target="_blank">How Can I Resolve MATLAB� script node and Xmath Script Node Issues in LabVIEW?</a> Hope this helps! Hi, Abhinav, thank you for your reply. I will try to explore the option with the Script Node. regards, Kostya. &nbsp; &nbsp; ...

How can i use labview.tlb to control Labview from an external application?
Hi, I've been told by a labview engineer that i could use the file labview.tlb located in the labview install folder to control labview from an external application (in my case, a C# app). I'm using Labview 6.1 under Windows 2000. This article confirms that: "ActiveX and LabVIEW" http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/5401BE584FBAEECE862567C2006D36C7?opendocument But i've not been able to find out how to use this file to achieve what i want. I just want to be able to open/close labview, open/close a vi, start/stop a vi, hide/show a vi from a C# application. Th...

How can you simple install the LabVIEW Toolboxes with LabVIEW 7.1
Hello, yesterday was a nice day, I have receved the NI Developer Suite Professional Control Edition with the new LabVIEW 7.1, RT 7.1, DSC 7.1 etc. I still use Labview 7.0 (Developer Suite Professional Control Edition) Unfortunately I can't install the Toolboxes from the toolbox cd into the right directory! Always when I try to install a toolbox, it will be installed into the LabVIEW 7.0 directory. It is not possible to change the directory (exeption: SPC-Toolbox) Even if you change the name of your LabVIEW 7.0 Directory, the toolbox produce a new folder LabVIEW 7.0 and is getting instaled ...

change a LabVIEW array outside LabVIEW and keep updated in LabVIEW
change a LabVIEW array outside LabVIEW and keep updated in LabVIEW hi, I am Interfacing a FrameGrabber with LabVIEW using a frame grabber SDK(dll). The memory managment of this FG allow you to allocate your own Array and to give a pointer to this Array to the memory manager. Then when you acquire with the frame grabber, the acquired image will be directly accessible in your array. 1.I give to the FG memory manager a pointer to the Labview array through a SDK Dll function. 2. I run the acquisition 3. I display the array My problem is that the Array is allways displayed with it initial val...

How to pick a LabView-Supported barcode scanner?
Hello, My company needs me to add a bar code reader feature to our final production test application (LabView). After a NI's field engineer told me I have the options of Microscan 810 and 850 for they are already supported by NI's driver, I found we are using the barcode format 3/9, which I am not sure the optional scanners are going to work for us. Thus I need more information/answers from the questions I have below.1. Microscan said 810 and 850 already discontinued. Are the replacing model 820 and 860 supported as well?2. Can 820 or 860 read barcode 3/9? Is barcode 3/9 a standard linear barcode?3. Is there any else model (or other 3rd party scanner) that can be used for our application in LabView? It's appreciated that it can be USB interfaced and handheld (820 and 860 are not.)Thank You Very Much! The only thing that makes the 810 and 850 special is that someone already wrote a driver for them. They have a serial conection and you can write a driver yourself for any bar code reader with an RS-232 connection. If the reader has a USB connection and it uses the Microsoft HID class that makes it appear as another keyboard, you don't even have to write a driver. Just plug it in. A string control is all you need in a VI for data entry. For what it's worth, the Microscan 820 comes with a keyboard wedge, so it would work like Dennis said, and you can just hook it in and it will act as if you received keyboard input, so no additional driver is needed. If you&#...

How can I interface with an ActiveX DLL from LabVIEW?
Hi, &nbsp; I am new to both LabVIEW and would still refer to myself as a novice programming so apologies in advance for this basic line of questioning, but any help you can give would be much appreciated. &nbsp; I would like to read data into LabVIEW from a data acquisition device that is currently read by VB applications. I have been provided with an ActiveX DLL and told that this should allow me to read the data into LabVIEW. Does anyone have any basic examples explaining how to make a .vi file to do this or can provide a little guidance? I have looked on the ni.com website&nbsp;but can only find quite complicated examples.&nbsp; &nbsp; So far&nbsp;I have just tried to do this using various functions on the ActiveX functions palette and following the instructions on this webpage (<a href="http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361B-01/lvconcepts/using_activex_with_labview/" target="_blank">http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361B-01/lvconcepts/using_activex_with_labview/</a>) but I keep getting the error message that "the property node has one or more invalid properties or uninitialized property items." &nbsp; I have LabVIEW 8.0. I do not however have Visual Studio currently installed on my PC. Do I require this? And if so can you also advise on which version I should download as there seem to be millions available and they are all rather large... &nbsp; Many thanks again in advance. You ...

usb webcam zoltrix,labview interface
i am trying to get zoltrix webcam with labvie using the Peter Parente LabVIEW Webcam Library&nbsp;. i am running the example continous capture .vi but i am not getting any image ..tell me wat i am doing wrong .and how to use a usb webcam with labview......or any specific usb webcam which can be easily be interfaced..... thx untitled6.JPG: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/332645/1/untitled6.JPG nolsqn, You may want to talk to the developer of this library. I believe this is the Readme for the Library you are talking about : <a href="http://hl2.bgu.ac.il/users/www/4683/webcam/README.pdf" target="_blank">LabVIEW Webcam Library</a> . He should be able to provide more help. I have used the <a href="http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/5030" target="_blank">NI IMAQ for USB Cameras</a> with a Creative PD1110 and have not had any issues. hi can u tell me how i might be able to contact them ?? &nbsp; nolsqn wrote: hi can u tell me how i might be able to contact them ?? I'm not sure if he still is active with LabVIEW but a google search on his name and webcam should get you very fast on the website with that library. If there is no contact information or he doesn't answer you I guess that is then it.And the whole thing comes including the DLL source code so a little bit of C code hacking will get you somewhere I'm sure ;-)Rolf KalbermatterMessage Edited by rolfk on 06-20-2008 10:04 A...

IXXAT USB-to-CAN LabVIEW Drivers
Hello; &nbsp; Can anybody please point me to "IXXAT USB-to-CAN (PC\CAN Interface)" &nbsp;LabVIEW Drivers ? &nbsp; I have searched in the Net But I was not able to find LabVIEW Drivers. &nbsp; Regards, Karthik ...

can Labview 7.0 control an instrument without the labview driver?
hellow,i have an instrument which do not have the labview driver,its output signal is RS232,so can i use labview7.0 to read the signal? thanks! Another possible option is to use the Instrument I/O Assistant. It is an interactive tool that generates Instrument I/O and response parsing code for you. It is very helpful in establishing a connection and helping parse instrument response data. It is pretty high level and basic, so if you want to utilize any special serial VISA functionality it may not go as deep as you would like - but it can definitely help get you started. ...

How can I run a labview 7.2 vi in labview 8.2
We have several versions of labview running different test and control functions in our facility. There are labview 7.2 VIs in a production setting I wish to reproduce in the test lab. Can I convert them to run on 8.2 or do I have to recreate them in 8.2. I tried to open one in 8.2 and got multiple SubVI's that were not in my program library.. most dealing with AI manipulation. &nbsp; And make sure you have backup copies of your 7.x code. Once you load and save in 8.2, it is a lot of work to get them back to 7.x. Note I used 7.x because I am unaware of LabVIEW version 7.2 even existing. 7.1.1 was the last release prior to 8.0 ...

How can I calling LabView DLL within LabView and pass similar Data Types?
--5972977.1071582281832.JavaMail.quiq.tekken Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am trying to use an Instrument Driver, which is created in LabView6.1 as a DLL. At this point I have only LabView to test this DLL. I was wondering, is there easy way to find out what sort of Parameter or Data Type I should be using. How can I pass the following data with in LabView: LVRefnum as Type? LVBoolean as Type? TD1 (a structure) as Type? It is funny to see that I am able to create a DLL in labview but having trouble calling it within LabView. I th...

Can I run a LabVIEW 7.1 Application on a system with LabVIEW 6.1?
The VI App did not run properly, even after I installed the LabVIEW 7.1 Run time engine. Perhpas I need to uninstall the LV 6.1 run time engine? Thank you for any suggestions; perhaps it's something minor that I'm overlooking! Are you talking about a 7.1 exe or VI? An executable will run with 6.1 installed and the 7.1 run-time. A 7.1 VI will only run with 7.1 development system. When you say it did not run properly, what exactly do you mean? I am referring to trying to run a 7.1 EXE application on a system with a resident 6.1 development environment, and the 7.1 run-time engine ins...

Can LabView 8.5 read LabView 8.5.1 VIs
Since LabVIEW 8.5.1 is only a bug fix, can LabVIEW 8.5 read any VIs generated in LabVIEW 8.5.1? Simple answer YES. But it&nbsp;will the VIs compile so it is a good idea to make a mass compile in the folder where the VIs are. ...

Communicating Labview 8 with PIC via USB
Hi all. &nbsp; I've been using the USB to comunicate a PIC controller with my laptop. But to the date, I'm using c# with the mpusbapi.dll. &nbsp; Now my intention is to&nbsp;switch between&nbsp;the C# and Labview 8. But I've never programmed many lines in labview and never used a .dll file, so, I'm not really awarness to what I'm&nbsp;getting into... &nbsp; I would appreciate a help and a lot of patience. &nbsp; Thanks in advance, Marco. Fine, just great. &nbsp; and to do so, I need c# installed? &nbsp; Could you indicate me some link o...

How can I use LabVIEW to refresh the USB port?
In my LabVIEW program I am using USB to communicate with some&nbsp;equipment. The USB connection might be a little unstable. Sometimes the LabVIEW program gets stoked and there is nothing I can do to make it running again. Only I can pull out the USB cable from the PC and then put it back in. Then LabVIEW is running again. How can I make this programmable / automatically? ...

LABVIEW programming USB communication with TDS2004B scope
Is there anyone who has already programmed USB communication with Tektronix TDS2004B digital scope in LABVIEW? &nbsp; If that is the case, could it be possible to send me a basic vi that works? &nbsp; Thanks. &nbsp; Jo�o. ...

How can i use USB with labview 6.1
I want to use my usb port with labview 6.1, but i don't know how to use it. Hello, The USB port cannot be used as easily as for example the serial or parallel port because it does not have a fixed protocol like the serial port. All devices that are connected to the USB port work with some driver (usually some kind of dll) which you have to port to LabVIEW. So call the driver dll's from LabVIEW to send or read commands from and to your USB port. Best Regards, RikP Application Engineering National Instruments Hello, Some additional information about this: First download and instal...

USB Human Interface Device (HID) in LabVIEW
How do you write/read to/from an HID USB device in LabVIEW? Note that this is not a mouse or keyboard but does use the standard Windows XP HID driver. That depends. If this device is part of the USB TMC standard, you can do the steps in the following KB. http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/044FA220F32774ED86256DB3005850CA If not, use VISA to create a USB Raw device driver for it. http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E3A2C4FE42D7ED0D86256DB7005C65C9 Best of Luck! -Matt S. Matt, Neither of the bellow worked. I believe this answer's why: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf...

Web resources about - how can labview communicate with barcode scanner of USB interface - comp.lang.labview

Communicate (Sasha and John Digweed album) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Communicate is a mix album by Sasha & John Digweed . It is their fifth mix album and the first since 1994 to not be part of the Northern Exposure ...

App Store - Communicate Mate
Get Communicate Mate on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

New York Speaks: A Hearing on Our Rights to Connect and Communicate - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
credit: Vanissa W. Chan/ACD Media On Monday, Oct. 28 over 100 people gathered to speak out for the open Internet and against the Comcast-Time ...

YouTube - BT - Communicate
Hochgeladen am 13.08.2008 Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such ...

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says Snapchat 'creates a new kind of space to communicate'
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has praised Snapchat for creating a new niche for social media communication, calling it a "super interesting privacy ...

Toyota tests cars that communicate with each other
Toyota is testing car safety systems that allow vehicles to communicate with each other and with the roads they are on.

Lego may be a good building block to communicate with autistic children
Incorporating toys such as Lego into autism therapy can make autistic spectrum children more engaged with their peers and increase their social ...

Red faces after firies fail to communicate
Bernard Swann's garage was a raging inferno, its roof had collapsed and his Porsche and Honda cars were already doomed but what happened next ...

Healthway and Carmen: what we have here is failure to communicate
When WA Opera decided that Carmen was not going to be on the program who could have predicted the onslaught of local and national media that ...

Concern for pets in Summer Hill after pet-sitter has stroke, is unable to communicate their whereabouts ...
There are grave fears for the welfare of at least two Sydney pets after their carer suffered a stoke, and cannot tell people their location. ...