How can you simple install the LabVIEW Toolboxes with LabVIEW 7.1

Hello, yesterday was a nice day, I have receved the NI Developer Suite
Professional Control Edition with the new LabVIEW 7.1, RT 7.1, DSC 7.1
etc.
I still use Labview 7.0 (Developer Suite Professional Control Edition)
Unfortunately I can't install the Toolboxes from the toolbox cd into
the right directory!
Always when I try to install a toolbox, it will be installed into the
LabVIEW 7.0 directory. It is not possible to change the directory
(exeption: SPC-Toolbox) Even if you change the name of your LabVIEW
7.0 Directory, the toolbox produce a new folder LabVIEW 7.0 and is
getting instaled into this directory!!
So please dear LabVIEW Developper think a bit more, when you release
new software the next time...
I know, there are always work around's but nobody does realy like
them...
0
x9561 (148439)

1-Have you installed LabVIEW 7.1 on this machine?
2-What other toolkits you have in the toolbox? Please name that are
giving you problems.

A Rafiq
0
x9561 (148439)
9/7/2004 2:42:36 PM
The add-ons will try to istall for every version of LV it finds if you
do a default install.

Do a custom to select which versions of LV you want to install the
add-ons for.

Ben
0
x9561 (148439)
9/7/2004 5:49:38 PM
LabVIEW addons do NOT install for every version of LV they find. They
only should install to the latest version of LV detected on the
system.

AR
0
x9561 (148439)
9/7/2004 7:34:03 PM
I may be wrong!

I just upgraded to LV 7.1 the day before yesterday and I know that I
was looking at a customize install screen that was installing
something for more than one version.

I wonder what I was looking at.

Ben
0
x9561 (148439)
9/7/2004 7:55:13 PM
Please forgive!

I think I will go into retirement to go find my brain.

Ben
0
x9561 (148439)
9/7/2004 7:57:23 PM
0. I have still installed LabVIEW 7.0 dev. suite professional control
edition with all toolboxes about (Database Connectivity, Internet,
SPC, Express VI Development, PID Control, Report Generation, Signal
Processing, State Diagram, VI Analyzer).
1. Now I have tried to do the same with LabVIEW 7.1 without a
deinstallation of LabVIEW 7.0.
2. Only the SPC Toolkit will be installed into the LabVIEW 7.1
directory! All other toolboxes are getting installes again into the
LabVIEW 7.0 directory, even if you rename the current LabVIEW 7.0
directory. (In this case, the toolkit maks a new 7.0 directory....)
0
x9561 (148439)
9/9/2004 6:49:37 AM
The next I will try is to rename the old LabVIEW 7.0 directory,
installing all the toolboxes (they are going to make a new LabVIEW 7.0
directory) and then copy all files into the LabVIEW 7.1 directory.....
I will tell it to the whole world if it works!!!
0
x9561 (148439)
9/9/2004 6:54:55 AM
HELLO EVERYBOY It seams to work!
1. Just rename the current LabVIEW 7.0 directory in XXLabVIEW 7.0 (or
whatever)
2. Install all the toolboxes (some of them are going to make a new
LabVIEW 7.0 directory)
3. Copy all files form the new LabVIEW 7.0 directory into the LabVIEW
7.1 directory.
(4. Make a Mass Compile of your LabVIEW 7.1 directory.)
5. Delete the new LabVIEW 7.0 directory.
6. Rename the XXLabVIEW 7.0 directory back to LabVIEW 7.0

Have a lot of fun with LabVIEW!

(I hope you like those work-araounds...)
0
x9561 (148439)
9/9/2004 7:48:25 AM
There is proper way to solve this. See my comments above.

What you just did, you broke all the toolkit installers to where they
are now thinking they are installed under "LabVIEW 7.0" directory but
you have actually moved the files to LabVIEW 7.1 directory. I can
predict what will happen at Modify or uninstall time.

A Rafiq
0
x9561 (148439)