How do I a smallint SQL database value using the Database tools?

I'm using the Database Toolset with Labview 7.  I'm building up a
parameterized Query to a Stored Procedure in my SQL Database.  It
doesn't appear that smallint output types are supported because zero
is always loaded into the variable.

Is this correct?  I'm I doing something wrong?

Feedback welcome... thanks!
0
x9561 (148438)

It's probibly not an issue with datatypes since LV has far more
datatypes than most databases. What exactly are you trying to do? Are
you getting the 0 when running the stored procedure? Could you perhaps
post a bit of code (LV and SQL) that demonstrates the issue?

Mike...
0
x9561 (148438)

Tools to extract data from SQL database and convert it into XML & insert XML data into SQL databases
As the subject said I am searching for a tool to extract data from SQL databases (e.g. MySQL) and convert it to an XML document. And vice versa a tool which enables me to insert a given XML data document into a (My)SQL database? Harry "Harry Zoroc" <harryzz@vodafone.com> wrote in message news:ccuvrq$dk$06$1@news.t-online.com... > As the subject said I am searching for a tool to extract data from SQL databases (e.g. MySQL) > and convert it to an XML document. www.intsysr.com/odbc2xml.htm > And vice versa a tool which enables me to insert a given XML data document into a (My)SQL database? > www.intsysr.com/xml2odbc.htm > Harry > > > ...

How to import from external SQL database to local SQL database
Hello everyone. I have two machines that have SQL Express on them. I have developed a SQL database with two tables, and a lot of data, on my laptop. I want to copy that database and make it available to my local desktop machine. How can I export or save the database on the laptop and then import it so that I can use it on the desktop? ...

Can I use an O8 database as a transit database between a O9 and an O7 database?
Hi all, We will gradually migrate our application data from a O7 database to a new O9 database. The application data is also written to an O7 datawarehouse via a database link. In the intermediate period data has to be written to the O7 datawarehouse db from the old O7 application db and also from the new O9 database. I did a test to see if could do an insert from the O9 database over a database link into the O7 datawarehouse database, but this is not supported. Then I did the following: - create a dblink in the O9 database to a O8 database - create a dblink in the O8 database to the O7 database - create a synonym in the O8 database to the desired table in the O7 database - create a synonym in the O9 database to the synonym in the O8 database Now in the O9 database I inserted a record into the synonym, which indeed resulted in a record in the O7-table. Would it be a sensible solution to use an O8 database as a transit database in this way? Jaap. yes "Jaap W. van Dijk" <j.w.vandijk.removethis@hetnet.nl> wrote in message news:7fm4b05a4mbbb4jub1urin1j163jjsc7vg@4ax.com... > Hi all, > > We will gradually migrate our application data from a O7 database to a > new O9 database. The application data is also written to an O7 > datawarehouse via a database link. In the intermediate period data has > to be written to the O7 datawarehouse db from the old O7 application > db and also from the new O9 database. I did a test to see if could do >...

UPDATE VALUE IN ACCESS DATABASE-CONNECTIVITY DATABASE?
Hi to all labviewers, I'm trying to update some values in my access database with sql and labview connectivity toolset but i got an error, what is the problem whit my code? note: when i try to update one colum it's work fine. &nbsp; regard's eyal. UPDATE_ACCESS.JPG: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/152737/1/UPDATE_ACCESS.JPG This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0066_01C5EE8B.DE98AE20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I'm not sure if you can use comma's to se...

Database Toolkit: Reading data from SQL database
Hello, &nbsp; I have been working on a automated test system storing data into a SQL server database.&nbsp; Once you get your head wrapped around the toolkit and walk through some of the examples it is not too bad.&nbsp; Writing to the database was very straight forward.&nbsp; I simply put all of my data including the primary keys into a cluster and inserted the cluster into the specified table.&nbsp; As I learned the hard way,&nbsp; it is very important for all of your types to match up.&nbsp; I saved double type&nbsp;from labview as decimal type&nbsp;in th...

What are the tools for SQL database analysis?
I know one http://sqlhopper.weebly.com/ ...

Object-Oriented database model using relational database
Hi! I am working on developing web based database application using MySQL and PHP. Many complications have risen due to the nature of the database I am working on, what made me realize that the best solution is using Object-Oriented model. Does anyone tried to implement Object-Oriented model using relational database? Does anyone tried to implement that using MySQL and PHP? Regards, Russlan Russlan wrote: > I am working on developing web based database application using MySQL > and PHP. Many complications have risen due to the nature of the > database I am working o...

SQL Databases compare tool
Can someone recommend what SQL Database compare tool to use and why? Thank you I recommend you check out DB Ghost (www.dbghost.com). Not only does it compare databases and give you the differences, it can also generate a delta script that is *guaranteed* to work. It works on data as well as the schema (metadata). Once you evolve beyond simply comparing databases is when DB Ghost really starts to shine as it's big differentiator is that it can compare and upgrade a target database from simple drop/create scripts held in source control. The reason that this concept is so powerful is...

Open a database from a database
I want to be able to open and run an Access database from within an already running one. The OpenDatabase command simply opens it but does not run the startup routine. Interestingly opening from Windows Explorer has a different meaning in that it opens and runs! What command enables me to open another database and get it to run its AutoExec macro, from code? Jim I don't know the answer, but I do know that when you use OpenDatabase the code in a startup form of that database does work. Martin "Jim Devenish" schreef in bericht news:0b4510ac-d415-4c2c-b200-7546aae178a4@gu8...

Updating online SQL 2005 database from local database
I have my first small SQl Server 2005 database developed on my local server and I have also its equivalent as an online database. I wish to update the local database (using and asp.net interface) and then to upload the data (at least the amended data, but given the small size all data should be no trouble) to the online database. I think replication is the straight answer but I have no experience of this and I am wondering what else I might use which might be less complicated. One solution is DTS (using SQL 2000 terms) but i am not sure if I can set this up (1) to overwrite existing tables...

Using Objects from one database in another database #2
I've looked around here to see if this can be done, but haven't found the answer. Here is what I want to do... I have a two databases -- One for Sales and one for Operations. These are used by two groups of people with some obvious overlap (like the boss, for example). Some of the data is the same, so I'm using only one backend database file to hold the data. However, I want to have one piece (projects) from the Operations database to also be used in the sales database. The projects piece of it consists of several forms, subforms, reports, queries, code, etc. To cut down on ...

Distributed Database: Which tool to be used??
Hi I am going to make an application for distributed database environment. From Microsoft, there are three development tools i.e. Visual Basic, Visual C++(and the other IDEs for C++ for example Borland's) and C#, and, from Sun, there is Java. I don't know about other development tools. What tool should i select for this application?? I am not fixing you to certain criterias/scenarios, you can assume few condistions and situations at your own and write your comments. I need the answer for follwoing question 1- Why I choose THIS development tool/technology?? Thanks In an...

Date format while writing to database using database toolbox
Hello All Again a problem with input locales and database tooldbox. How to write to database using connectivity toolbox in user defined format (not dependent on Windows locales)? Every time different user is logged on and writes a measurement to database, the dataformat is different depending on the user setting. I would like to define the date format in LabVIEW and use it always. Thanks in advance Pawel pawel wrote: > Again a problem with input locales and database tooldbox. > How to write to database using connectivity toolbox in user defined > format (not dependent on Windows l...

Database backup without using 'backup database'
Suppose a running database (DB2 UDB) with all containers being SMS based (file system as JFS or JFS2 on AIX). How to make a backup (online) by doing a file system backup and not a database backup? Could this be done with: db2 set write suspend for db backup file system data used by db2 data and logs db2 set write resume for db with the purpose of doing: restore of db2 file system data on another system startup and usage of database. The questions are: - will the restored database be consistent after start/restart - what additional resources are taken be...

Database updates (using SqlDataAdapter) during runtime but Database Table Does Not Update
I apologize if this is a simple question, but I am very new to SQL Server. I feel like I am missing something easy here. I an running VB ..NET from Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server Express. The code in question is as follows: ChosenProjectName = TextBox2.Text Dim NewProject As New DataSet OpenConn() Dim GetProjectList As String = "SELECT * FROM Approved_Projects ORDER BY Project_ID DESC" Dim GetProjectsAdapter As SqlDataAdapter = New SqlDataAdapter(GetProjectList, MainCon) Dim myDataSet As DataSet = New DataSet() Dim myDataRow As DataRow GetProjectsAdapter.Fill(myDataSet, ...

TopSpeed databases loss data while used / TopSpeed databases renew itself
Hi @ all! I'm one of several testers of an clarionbased program with topspeed databases and work in a network with both NOVELL6 and Windows2000 / 2003 Servers. My client is a notebook with Windows2000 SP4 and several MS hotfixes and patches and NOVELL-Client 4.90. Installed network protocol is only TCP/IP. Since some time I have the problem that every time I start the program with that topspeed databases on the network togehter with other users after a not regular time the databases got renewed. For example I got an error message that the file at programpath "xy" (read out of a...

Microsoft ODBC and SQL Datalink Providers won't allow my LabView program to execute nested transactions with a SQL database
I have a LabView 7.1 program that we are developing to be used with a testing station that will be taking configurations from LabView GUIs that we created and sending transactions to a database that holds all of the data acquisition and configuration parameters of the testing station as well as the device under test (DUT). We are using the LabView Database Connectivity Toolkit to send the transactions to the database. I have the entire program working with an MS Access database right now using a universal data link (UDL) connection to the database. Everything works fine with the UDL datalink ...

Rollforwardb E_DM1315_RFP_DB_BUSY Database is currently being used. Database lock conflict.
What would cause this to occur ? I don't see any out of the ordinary that would prevent this rollforwarddb from running> Wed Sep 6 09:58:34 2006 RFP: Preparing for database rollforward on : mbs Wed Sep 6 09:58:34 2006 E_DM1315_RFP_DB_BUSY Database is currently being used. Database lock conflict. JIMC wrote: > What would cause this to occur ? I don't see any out of the ordinary > that would prevent this rollforwarddb from running> > > > Wed Sep 6 09:58:34 2006 RFP: Preparing for database rollforward on : > mbs > Wed Sep 6 09:58:34 2006 E_DM1315_RFP_DB_BUSY Database is currently > being used. Database lock conflict. Jim, Can you "sql -l <dbname>" into the database? Probably not. If not, look at iimonitor or logstat to see what sessions are holding the DB open. You might get clues looking at the iircp.log file to see when the DB was marked open. BTW, it is very good practice to get an OS backup of the database locations prior to running a rollforwarddb. One of the first things that happens is that the underlying data files are removed. So, if there are problems you could be in a very bad state, especially if there are problems recovering from the checkpoint of journal files. Call me if we can be of assistance - 262-785-8101. Chip Nickolett Comprehensive Solutions At 7:00 AM -0700 9/6/2006, JIMC wrote: >What would cause this to occur ? I don't see any out ...

Does anyone here use database modeling tools?
If so, which ones and why? Also try our free demo, www.nrgglobal.com DbVisualizer is a cross-platform database tool for all major relational databases. DbVisualizer enables simultaneous connections to many different databases through JDBC drivers. Just point and click to browse the database structure, view detailed characteristics of database objects, edit table data graphically, execute arbitrary SQL statements or SQL scripts, reverse engineer primary/foreign key mappings graphically or why not let DbVisualizer chart your database with its advanced charting options. The user friendly graphical interface in combination with the unique collection of features makes DbVisualizer the ideal choice for database administrators and developers. Grace wrote: > If so, which ones and why? I use Erwin and hate it deeply, but I use it because they don't spam here every week. -- "C'est pas parce qu'on n'a rien � dire qu'il faut fermer sa gueule" - Coluche ...

Web resources about - How do I a smallint SQL database value using the Database tools? - comp.lang.labview

Power of two - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
where n is an integer , i.e. the result of exponentiation with as base the number two and as exponent the integer n . In a context where only ...

Performance Testing: VerhoeffCheck
I have created a SQLServer User-Defined function for checking and creating the Verhoeff check digit. See WikiPedia:Verhoeff_algorithm ∞ The ...

Specifying the timeout for SSIS 2012 package execution
This is a follow up to my post from last year about executing packages in the SSIS catalog programmatically. The main problem that makes it unworkable ...

Data Types
... INTEGER REAL TEXT BLOB The following table shows roughly how these compare to SQL Server types: SQL Server SQLite Notes tinyint smallint ...

XG File format
{********************************* XG FILE FORMAT *********************************(c) 2009-2014 GameSite 2000 Ltd;This information can be freely ...

MySQL :: MySQL 5.5 Reference Manual :: 11 Data Types
11.2.1 Integer Types (Exact Value) - INTEGER, INT, SMALLINT, TINYINT,MEDIUMINT, BIGINT

Login - Pastebin.com
... ANSI_NULLS ONGOSET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ONGOALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[ACCOUNT_LOGIN]@AccountID varchar(50),@Password varchar(50) OUTPUT,@nRet smallint ...

Php Object Generator (v3.2) - Open Source PHP Code Generator
Php Object Generator, (POG) is a PHP code generator which automatically generates tested Object Oriented code that you can use for your PHP4/PHP5 ...

SQL Server Forums - RC4 Encryption - Decryption
... dbo.fnInitRc4( @Pwd VARCHAR(256)RETURNS @Box TABLE (i TINYINT, v TINYINT)ASBEGIN DECLARE @Key TABLE (i TINYINT, v TINYINT) DECLARE @Index SMALLINT, ...

PIN Panic
... failed again, but 32767 was accepted. He was right. Bill guessed that when the system was designed, the architects must have used a SMALLINT ...