How do I put a control on a certain page of a tab control, instead of the WHOLE tab control

I am trying to put a 3D surface plot onto one page of a tabbed
control, but Labview insists on putting it on top of the whole tabbed
control, so that you can't look at different pages.

What's the deal?
0
x9561 (148440)

Hi John,

I made a test with LV 7.0. I can put the 3D Surface Graph into a page
of the tab control. Move the 3D Surface Graph from the tab control
onto a blank area of the front panel. Move the 3D Surface Graph back
onto the page you want it. Be sure to get a black broken line around
the page. Then release the mouse button. If you lay the 3D Surface
Graph partly on the tab control it will be placed upon the tab
control. This is indicated by a black shadow under the 3D Surface
Graph. If you then move the 3D Surface Graph onto the page it will not
be placed neccessarily on the tab control page but will remain upon
it.

Waldemar
0
x9561 (148440)
12/17/2003 9:34:07 PM
I am using LV 6i, and following your instructions doesn't seem to
help.

Schei=DFdreck.
0
x9561 (148440)
12/17/2003 10:14:34 PM
Dear John,

you are right. This is a problem with 6.0.2. In 6.1 and 7.0 it is
okay. You can do a workaround using the visible property node to
display the 3D Surface Graph only when the page is selected and you
can group the tab control and the 3D Surface Graph so both will be
moved together during design time.

Waldemar
So ist nun mal das Leben
0
x9561 (148440)
12/18/2003 8:45:54 AM
Ok, thanks.

I thought there was something basic I didn't understand about labview.
Good to know its a bug.

Danke sch=F6n
0
x9561 (148440)