How do I upgrade my VIs from LabVIEW 3.1 to LabVIEW 7.1

Hello,

I have met a well known problem. I have to re-use some VIs from old version of LabView (3.1) to newer.

Every bit of documention I have found speaks about LabVIEW VI Conversion Kit, with this given part number 776874-03.

But I can not get it.

Is there somebody to give me a solution?

I am working with Windows XP & LabView 7.1.

Thank you.

0
x9561 (148439)

Is LabVIEW 7.1 Aug2005 identical to LabView 7.1 May2005?
I am attempting to have a coworker at a remote site set up their PC with the exact same software as one that I have here.  I used the August 2005 CDs from Developer Suite.  My coworker tells me that he has the TestStand 3.1, and the Device Driver CDs from the Aug2005 Dev Suite shipment, but he can only find LabView 7.1 from the May2005 delivery.   I would like to safely assume that LabView 7.1 is LabView 7.1, regardless of whether it was shipped in May or August, but it is really important to me to make absolutely sure that we end up with the same software versions.  So I was hoping somebody could confirm that the May and August CDs (Dev Suite, 2005) contain the exact same LabView software version.   I noticed that there were 3 LabView 7.x version selections for submitting this issue;  7.0    7.1    and    7.1.1   I set up my PC using Aug2005 CDs and my LabView splash screen shows "7.1".  Can I assume that if I had version 7.1.1 that I would see "7.1.1" on the splash screen?  (Many pieces of software do not show the 2nd decimal point or anything past it on their splash screen.  The Help | About selection for LabView just ends up showing the splash screen again.)   My Aug2005 CD shows "7.1" printed on it.  Can I assume that my LabView CD would have &quo...

DSC module 7.1 labview 7.1, new controls and functions not showing up in labview
Dear Reader, I have installed labview 7.10 (also tried update to 7.11) and DSC module 7.1 I thought I would get additional functions and controls in labview due to installation of this module, but I do not see addtional controls or functions, althought I have searched for them and set the controls to "advance" etc. Anyone any idea what I have to do. thanks and regards. ...

labview 7.1 to Labview 8.0 upgrade
Greetings all,   My company has recently aquired labview 8.0 licences and is intending to use it as its development platform instead of labview 7.1. the problem is that all of our customers are currently running executables generated in a labview 7.1 environment and any updated versions of our software that we will send them in the future will most likely be developed in labview 8.0. The question is , other than sending them the executables generated by LV8 along with LV8 RTE are there any problems. did any one see a problem with a conversion like this. i have done alot of reasearch about this and have been testing the converted code from 7.1 to 8 and the executalbes generated by 8.0 and i havent seen any major problems. any feedback on a related probelm would be greatly appreciated.   I am using Serial communications LPT ports udp communications PCI I/O boards talking to remote and local data bases (Micorsoft and Oracle) all on a Windows Xp pro operating system  ...

Can I run a LabVIEW 7.1 Application on a system with LabVIEW 6.1?
The VI App did not run properly, even after I installed the LabVIEW 7.1 Run time engine. Perhpas I need to uninstall the LV 6.1 run time engine? Thank you for any suggestions; perhaps it's something minor that I'm overlooking! Are you talking about a 7.1 exe or VI? An executable will run with 6.1 installed and the 7.1 run-time. A 7.1 VI will only run with 7.1 development system. When you say it did not run properly, what exactly do you mean? I am referring to trying to run a 7.1 EXE application on a system with a resident 6.1 development environment, and the 7.1 run-time engine ins...

Controlling VI Logger 1.1.1 with LabVIEW 7.1
I have LabVIEW 7.1 on my system and installed VI Logger (1.1 them upgraded to 1.1.1). I would like to programatically control VI Logger with LabVIEW. There are references to VIs under the Advanced pallate to do just that, but I cannot find them or any help files to explain what to do. Where do I find these VIs? ...

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #3
Hi,   I'm using a VI on a two photon microscope. It steers the laser beam in the sample (quite the same way as a TV scan, scanning a fast line on the X axis, then moving the line down) controlling two mirrors by the PCI-MIO-16E-4 Multifunctions card on traditional DAQ and at the same time it serves as the acquitision through a non-NI DSP Multifunction-board with on-board buffers and hight data throughput (70 Mb/s).   It is this part of the program which gives us strong headaches since we have upgraded to a new PC. On the old machine we used Win...

Upgrading LabView program from 3.0.1 to 6.1
Hi, I have a LabView program which was written and run in LabView Version 3.0.1. We are upgrading our test system to LabView 6.1 and would like to port this program over to the new environment. When I tried opening up the program in 6.1 I got a message saying the version the program was written in was too old to upgrade to 6.1. Is there a way of porting an older version lab view program to a newer one without reentering everything? Thanks in advance... Dan Dan follow this link http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/3efedde4322fef19862567740067f3cc/429e45271cfd683786256d87006b1eef?OpenDocument...

Problem in creating the simulation dll using SIT 2.0.3,matlab 7.1,labview 7.1
I am currently using SIT 2.0.3 ,using this toolkit i am trying to create the simulation DLL for labview.but i am getting the following error in matlab command window Error: File: C:\SimulationInterfaceToolkit\ModelInterface\basic.tlc Line: 117 Column: 7Undefined identifier ReleaseVersionError: File: C:\SimulationInterfaceToolkit\ModelInterface\basic.tlc Line: 117 Column: 25The == and != operators can only be used to compare values of the same typeError: File: C:\SimulationInterfaceToolkit\ModelInterface\basic.tlc Line: 260 Column: 26Undefined identifier ReleaseVersionError: File: C:\SimulationInterfaceToolkit\ModelInterface\basic.tlc Line: 260 Column: 44The == and != operators can only be used to compare values of the same type &nbsp; Is this a version problem? I am using Simulation interface toolkit 2.0.3 Matlab 7.1.0.246(R14) Service pack Real time workshop V.6.3 Labview 7.1 Microsoft visual C++ 6.0 &nbsp; Can anybody help me to solve this issue. &nbsp; Hi, Unfortunately, it looks like the versions you are using are indeed not compatible. Here is an excerpt from the <a href="http://ftp.ni.com/support/softlib/labview/labview_toolkits/simulation_interface/2.0.3/sit_2_0_3_readme.html" target="_blank">Read Me file</a> for Simulation Interface Toolkit 2.0.3: To use the Simulation Interface Toolkit 2.0.3, you must be a properly licensed user of and have the following software installed on the host computer. - The MathWorks MATLAB ver...

open file that created on LabVIEW 7.0 EXPREES with LabVIEW 7.1 version
hi all, why i can't open file that open/modified LabVIEW 7.0 EXPREES&nbsp;, in version&nbsp;&nbsp;LabVIEW 7.1 ? &nbsp; thank's all&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; :) yes the file is *.vi&nbsp;.&nbsp;&nbsp;tha file contain blok diagram. the that i get is :ERROR.jpg (i even can't open file in this porum: <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=206190&amp;query.id=195707#M206190" target="_blank">http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=206190&amp;query.id=195707#M206190</a> thank's ERROR.jpg: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/209957/1/ERROR.jpg Dennis,&nbsp; please tell me how i can to save file on LabVieo 7.1&nbsp; that will open on LabVIEW 7 express ? which action i need to do ? ...

Save VI developed in Labview 6.1 to work in Labview 5.1
I have been working with Labview 6.1 but I need to execute my VIs in Labview 5.1 too. What can I do to reuse all the VIs without having to develop them again in Labview 5.1? I am not able to save my VIs as 5.1 from Labview 6.1 It only allows me to save them as Labview 6.0 Thank you! Assuming they can be converted, and there's not too many, you might want to try posting them here for someone to convert. (convert to 6.0 first and zip) Not too elegant but may get you out of a bind. Hello, Yes, each new version of LabVIEW only carries the capability to save for one version previous. So, you would need to save the 6.1 VIs for vesion 6.0, and then from LabVIEW 6.0 save for 5.1. If there aren't too many VIs, one of our engineers here would most likely have no problem with making the conversion for you. You could email NI with them to make it more private, if you'd like, rather than posting them on the site. (To create an email request, go to www.ni.com/ask). Hope this helps! Liz Fausak National Instruments ...

LabView 7.1.1 + DAQMX
I want to know Wheter I can use task created using DAQMX using LabVIEW 7.1.1 can be inovked either by VB.net or VB6 if yes than how:) Secondly How can i used the traditional DAQ with VB.net or VB6, It would be&nbsp; helpful if any body can provide some info or weblink on this topic. Regards Nadeem <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=327317" target="_blank">duplicate post</a> ...

Labview 7.1.1 Errors
I am using the version 7.1.1 of LV and LV RT, i am programming a cFP-2020. &nbsp; &nbsp; Labview&nbsp;keeps crashing and losing the connection with the remote target (cFP), i am attaching a file containing all the error logs generated by LV, i never got this problem with earlier versions of LV i think this may be some kind of bug plase let me know how can i fix it. &nbsp; By the way my PC is a PIV @3 GHZ , 1 GB of RAM running WinXP SP2 &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; ...

Problems in accessing exported VIs in Labview 8.2.1 (in contrast to 7.1)
In a local client / server arrangement I use a server sided global VI for buffering information from the server to the client. Server VI and global VI are assumed to run in a common application, the client in another. The server exports the global VI but the client can't get access to it and thus is not able to call the global VI by reference. Within one and the same development environment everything works fine (example 1). After distributing it into two projects with libraries or after application building it doesn't (examples 2a &amp; 2b) A similar construct worked under LabView 7.1 but I got lost in VI-settings, build settings and computer instance settings under 8.2.1. The attached simplified examples show how it is intended to work (example 1) and the problems occurring (2a&amp;2b). It also includes a description of usage. Can anybody help? Hello Benjamin.. &nbsp; thank you for your example modifications. I am sorry that I still can't get them running. After adjusting the library path the program did what I expected: it simply opened another instance of the GLBVI.... I assume that it worked when you tried it. Maybe the difference simply was, that you opened both examples in one common lvproj environment (which is similar to the situation in example1). The both - client and server - use the same instance. But when operating it with two lvproj opened or later in two separat compilations client and server start their own instances and thus the da...

How can you simple install the LabVIEW Toolboxes with LabVIEW 7.1
Hello, yesterday was a nice day, I have receved the NI Developer Suite Professional Control Edition with the new LabVIEW 7.1, RT 7.1, DSC 7.1 etc. I still use Labview 7.0 (Developer Suite Professional Control Edition) Unfortunately I can't install the Toolboxes from the toolbox cd into the right directory! Always when I try to install a toolbox, it will be installed into the LabVIEW 7.0 directory. It is not possible to change the directory (exeption: SPC-Toolbox) Even if you change the name of your LabVIEW 7.0 Directory, the toolbox produce a new folder LabVIEW 7.0 and is getting instaled ...

Test Stand 3.1, Labview 7.1 MechFactoryCWrap.cpp(649) error
Hi all, I am having some issues with an error and I can't track it down to the problem as of yet. What is happening is after a couple of cycle of opening TestStand and closing it with a few VIs loading in the background all of the 3D controls vanish and TestStand locks up. The warning message I get is something to do with MechFactoryCWrap and sometimes render.cpp with the error pointing to OpenGL. &nbsp; Below&nbsp;is a snippet from the failure log. &nbsp; D:\lvmerc\src\source\execsupp\MechFactoryCWrap.cpp(649) : DWarn: Max space cannot be zero; changing to -1 (unbounded)$Id: //labview/branches/Mercury/dev/source/execsupp/MechFactoryCWrap.cpp#3 $0x00A35B37 - LabVIEW &lt;unknown&gt; + 00x00A346F5 - LabVIEW &lt;unknown&gt; + 00x00A3688C - LabVIEW &lt;unknown&gt; + 00x00A349A3 - LabVIEW &lt;unknown&gt; + 00x00A3565C - LabVIEW &lt;unknown&gt; + 00x06993BD3 - &lt;unknown&gt; &lt;unknown&gt; + 00x06911A50 - &lt;unknown&gt; &lt;unknown&gt; + 00x00A09110 - LabVIEW &lt;unknown&gt; + 00x8B535CEC - &lt;unknown&gt; &lt;unknown&gt; + 0 &nbsp; Any help would be appreciated. Dean &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Hi Dean, &nbsp; This failure is linked to LabVIEW 7.1. This was reported to R&amp;D (4APEN0XP) and was fixed in LabVIEW 8.2. &nbsp; If you would like to evaluate LabVIEW 8.5, please follow the link below: <a href="https://lumen.ni.com/nicif/us/lve...

Help convert Associated Research 6550DT LabVIEW Driver from 3.1 to 7.1
I was asked to integrate&nbsp;this old hipot tester into an ATE system. I do not have the manuals but I found on their website the LabVIEW driver of this instrument. However only the 3.1&nbsp;version is available... "VI version (3.1) is&nbsp;too old to convert to the current LabVIEW version (7.1)." This error code generated when I tried to open the attached VI's. Can anyone help to do the conversion? Great thanks in advance! SUBVI.LLB: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/295332/1/SUBVI.LLB HYPOT.VI: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/295332/2/HYPOT.VI Hey, &nbsp; Attached you will find the compiled one. As you know, I don't guarantee that it works! &nbsp; Christian compiled.zip: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/295340/1/compiled.zip ...

Trying to use Labview Test Executive with Labview 7.1
I have an old application I wrote in Labview 5.1 using the Test Executive version 5.1.&nbsp; I now need to modify the program slightly for a new product. So far I have done the following: 1. Installed the Test Executive in the Labview 7.1 directory 2. Mass compiled the vi's in the LVEXEC51 folder &nbsp; During the mass compile, I see a number of errors when it tries to compile the vi's in the DATABASE folder. It can't seem to find vi's related to SQL (ie Easy SQL.vi). When I try to run the Test Executive directly from the Operator.llb, I see the following errors: &nbsp; "Could not call the Login system callback. Open VI Reference in&nbsp;Call Login Callback.vi."&nbsp; This vi is password protected so I can't look at the diagram. &nbsp; I have also tried to run from the &nbsp;Tools menu (which I think runs the TE runtime).&nbsp; This also fails and indicates "Error 1 occurred at Test Executive Launcher: failed to launch the test Executive operator interface vi - an input parameter is invalid". &nbsp; I can't justify buying Test Stand for this small application, and need to modify this code very quickly.&nbsp;I need to know if&nbsp; the test executive can run under version 7.1 and windows 2000.&nbsp; If it can, what am I doing wrong. &nbsp; Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions, &nbsp; Howard Spec CMC Electronics Canada&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Denise, Tha...

Re: LabView 7.1 and MATLAB 7 #3
LabVIEW 7.1.1 was released around December of 2004, however, if you purchased a new seat of LabVIEW in March 2005, you still would have only received LabVIEW 7.1.&nbsp; The 7.1.1&nbsp;maintenance release&nbsp;was distributed only as a downloadable update to LabVIEW 7.1, not as a full product installer. You can verify which version of LabVIEW you have by selecting "About LabVIEW..." from the Help menu in LabVIEW.&nbsp; Near the lower-right corner of the window that comes up it should show you the version number, i.e. 7.1 or 7.1.1.Message Edited by Jeff B on 04-20-2006 11:30 AM Aria2 &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Actually we are facing the same problem initially after installing the LV8, but the problem is that the script you have written in the LV and MATLAB are not matching there will be a mess of variables, which you have written, and it says that it couldnt take the data into your script of LV from the original script or either it could not connect to the MATLAB, it is a necessary that while you are running a MATLAB script in the LV, your MATLAB script must remain open. Thanks, Nishant ...

Can LabView 8.5 read LabView 8.5.1 VIs
Since LabVIEW 8.5.1 is only a bug fix, can LabVIEW 8.5 read any VIs generated in LabVIEW 8.5.1? Simple answer YES. But it&nbsp;will the VIs compile so it is a good idea to make a mass compile in the folder where the VIs are. ...

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #4
Hi, &nbsp; I'm using a VI on a two photon microscope. It steers the laser beam in the sample (quite the same way as a TV scan, scanning a fast line on the X axis, then moving the line down)&nbsp;controlling two mirrors by the&nbsp;PCI-MIO-16E-4 Multifunctions card&nbsp;on traditional DAQ and at the same time it serves as the acquitision through a non-NI DSP Multifunction-board with on-board buffers and hight data throughput (70 Mb/s). &nbsp; It is this part of the program which gives us strong headaches since we have upgraded to a new PC. On the old machine we used Win...

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #2
Hi, &nbsp; I'm using a VI on a two photon microscope. It steers the laser beam in the sample (quite the same way as a TV scan, scanning a fast line on the X axis, then moving the line down)&nbsp;controlling two mirrors by the&nbsp;PCI-MIO-16E-4 Multifunctions card&nbsp;on traditional DAQ and at the same time it serves as the acquitision through a non-NI DSP Multifunction-board with on-board buffers and hight data throughput (70 Mb/s). &nbsp; It is this part of the program which gives us strong headaches since we have upgraded to a new PC. On the old machine we used Win...

Why multihreaded soft worked under Labview 7 but is slower under Labview 8.2.1
Hello all ! &nbsp; I have a multithreated software developped under Labview 7.0. Under this version, multithreading can be enabled/disabled via the&nbsp;options menu&nbsp;/ performance &amp; disk section. This is not present under Labview 8.2.1. &nbsp; My software works properly under LW7 but is slower under LW8.2.1...how can I configure labview and or my vi&nbsp;to make it running as well as&nbsp;under LW7 ??? Is there a "hidden" option to enable/disable multithreading under LW8.2.1 ?&nbsp; &nbsp; Thank you for your help &nbsp; remi To disable multithreading, add ESys.StdNParallel=0 to the ini file. (See: <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/2F606AD236C606008625718E00561A62?OpenDocument" target="_blank">http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/2F606AD236C606008625718E00561A62?OpenDocument</a>) However, it is not celar that this is the problem. Did you save the entire hierachy under 8.2.1 after conversion (of course after making sutable backup copines of the 7.0 version ;)). Freshly converted, but not yet saved code runs typically much slower. Also, what do you mean by "slower" 10% slower, 10x slower? How do you measure speed? Thanks for your quick answer altenbach. The tips given at this link will really be useful to me! It seems that I made a wrong conversion of the files...fortunately I made suitable backup of the 7.0 version :smileywink:. I will investigate mor...

Uninstalling LabVIEW RTE 7.1.1
I'm trying to 'clean' a computer to install the new versions of NI Software and I'm getting the following error... any suggestions??? LVProblem.JPG: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/224683/1/LVProblem.JPG Hello,This seems like an issue that may require some assistance that is more complicated than can be handled on a discussion forum.&nbsp; I would recommend contacting an Applications Engineer directly by going to www.ni.com/ask and submitting an e-mail support request. ...

handle pointer in labview 7.1.1 ??
:smileyvery-happy:Hello, I'm developing a Vi which is&nbsp;using a DLL. The problem is that the function I want use had parameters that are not directly integer values, but pointer on a structure with integer values. I do the DLL function call and the prototype of the function is: Unsigned char BFLOADER_ComConfig(Char TargetType, void *ComConfig, Unsigned Long *ComDevice). This prototype looks good regarding the DLL fuction specification but I had this error message when executing the VI: &nbsp; The vi stop at the Calling DLL Function process 0x5A4. &nbsp; Is it the way to call the parameters which are not good? or simply a bad use of the DLL? &nbsp; How can I interpret the 0x5A4 error code? &nbsp; Thanks, pinto_armindo@yahoo.fr &nbsp; Thanks for your tutorials, i'll search and contact if still problems &nbsp; ...

Web resources about - How do I upgrade my VIs from LabVIEW 3.1 to LabVIEW 7.1 - comp.lang.labview

Windows Anytime Upgrade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Windows Anytime Upgrade (WAU) was an upgrade method offered by Microsoft and selected licensed resellers to users who intended to upgrade their ...

President Obama's Facebook Page Upgrades To Timeline
Yes, we can upgrade to timeline. U.S. President Barack Obama's Facebook page has the new layout.

Four Reasons to Upgrade to the New Share Dialog for iOS
... as friend tagging and privacy controls. 2. A faster and more native sharing experience Pinterest and popular iOS game 4 Pics 1 Word upgraded ...

More Streams: Facebook to Upgrade App Directory, App About Pages Soon
Over 50,000 applications have been added to the Facebook application directory since it first launched two years ago, and Facebook says it’s ...

Search Twitter - upgrade
... here Search Refresh Laura Tobin @ Lauratobin1 2m The only way to get through today is chocolate, I'm going to start small with baby & upgrade ...

Brain Upgrade - Improve Concentration and Relieve Stress! on the App Store on iTunes
Get Brain Upgrade - Improve Concentration and Relieve Stress! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

upgrade - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... Flickr. We noticed that you may be using an unsupported browser. All the basics will still work, but to get the most out of Flickr please upgrade ...

ModBook Upgrade by TechRestore - YouTube
http://www.techrestore.com/ - TechRestore Video - Here is the world's first Modbook upgrade video - TechRestore stop-motion style, of course! ...