how to append contents to an existing file contents at the end of file?

Hi all

I am Kiran, working with LV8.0  FDS

I find difficulty while trying to add new file contents(some messages)  to an existing file at the end /begining of a file.

Whenever i try to do that,it is replacing the previous contents,but i dont need that. i want the contents to be appended.

Plz suggest me.

thanks & regards
       kiran
0
x9561 (148440)

Remove extra file contents / Set End of File
Hello All;   I have an application which needs to read and write to/from text files.  The Config VIs do not give me what I need, and so I am using the File I/O (Open File, Close File, Read Text File, Write Text File) and Adv File Functions (Set File Position).  My general flow is this:        Open File --> Read from Text File (Use Spreadsheet String to Array to itemise everything) --> Manipulate the String Array --> Set File Position = 0 from Start --> Write to Text File --> Close File   Having said that, if my reworked string array is shorter (i.e. smaller index) than my original, when I write to file, not everything is replaced.  Basically, it only replaces the exact number of characters, if you will, that it needs to.  See attached text example (in this case, the !end is listed twice...)...   Is there a way to set the End of File (eof) such that the file ends immediately after I write information?  Is there a way to "empty" the file immediately before writing?  I suppose an alternative would be to write to a temporary file, and replace the original file with the (slightly smaller) temporary file, but I'd rather only use the single file (if possible).   Anyway, any help would be appreciated!   Thanks in advance, D. J. Hanna Default.txt: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/282115...

appending the contents of multiple text files into 1 file
Hi, is there a simpler/more idiomatic way to append/join the contents of multiple text files into 1 file? this works, but i'm trying to see if there are more succinct methods. thanks! mynewfile =3D File.new('C:\mynewfile.txt', 'w') @myfilenames.each do |mfn| File.open('#{mfn}.txt') do |file| file.each_line {|line| mynewfile.puts(line)} end =20 end mynewfile.close Alle gioved=EC 14 giugno 2007, Paul Danese ha scritto: > Hi, > > is there a simpler/more idiomatic way to append/join the contents of > multiple text files into 1 file? &...

how to make a file from the strings in a file and redirect the content to these new files
Here is scenari0 223 files copied to this this one big flat file. now how to make this file to 223 files. further explaination: below is excerpt from that one file under xxxxx you will see @TC_ID: :BIC4007 then another @TC_ID: :BIC40008 and has a 223 time with TC_ID: :BICxxx numbers How do I use such a script that makes a file named BIC40008, then another BIC40007 AND copying the content from line @TC_ID: :BIC40007 till one line before the next TC_ID: :BIC40008 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx @TC_ID: :BIC40007 @TC_TITLE: @ACT_IDS: @AUTHOR: @AUTO: @CLASS: @GROUP_ID: @RELEASES: @T...

Append a file to an existing file
Hi there I am wondering if there is a simple command in Tcl that I can append a file to an existing file, or combine two files into one file ? Thanks for the help. Regards S-Y. Chen S-Y. Chen wrote: > Hi there > > I am wondering if there is a simple command in Tcl that I can append a > file to an existing file, or combine two files into one file ? > > > Thanks for the help. > > Regards > S-Y. Chen > Here's one way... - [open] fileA in append mode - [open] fileB in read only mode - [read] the contents of fileB and write it to fileA using [puts] - [close] both files So, the man pages on [open], [read], [puts], and [close] should give you all you need. Jeff On Aug 4, 12:45=A0am, Jeff Godfrey <jeff_godf...@pobox.com> wrote: > S-Y. Chen wrote: > > Hi there > > > I am wondering if there is a simple command in Tcl that I can append a > > file to an existing file, or combine two files into one file ? > > > Thanks for the help. > > > Regards > > S-Y. Chen > > Here's one way... > > - [open] fileA in append mode > - [open] fileB in read only mode > - [read] the contents of fileB and write it to fileA using [puts] > - [close] both files > > So, the man pages on [open], [read], [puts], and [close] should give you > all you need. > > Jeff I know I can do it through open, read and close.....just want to see if there is a command like copy a+b...

How to rename files and contents of the file
Hi, I have two files XYZ_INPUT_FILE_ABCD.YYYYMMDD XYZ_INPUT_CONTROL_ABCD.YYYYMMDD In Shell script i have to change the character "_" before ABCD wit dot(.) It should be like this XYZ_INPUT_FILE.ABCD.YYYYMMDD XYZ_INPUT_CONTROL.ABCD.YYYYMMDD and also inside the second file XYZ_INPUT_CONTROL_ABCD.YYYYMMDD th first file name (XYZ_INPUT_FILE_ABCD.YYYYMMDD) is present. So i have t change the character "_" before ABCD with dot(.) Could you please help me out on this. I appreciate your help i advance. Thanks Chinn -- chinn --------------------------------------------------...

Filtering files in GetOpenFileName by file content
Is it possible to extend the GetOpenFileName dialog so that it will filter by file CONTENT as well as filename extension? For example, so that it will list *.AVI files, but only those containing DV data. Or is there another way to do this? Thanks I took a quick look at the documentation and it says to set lpfnHook and OFN_ENABLEINCLUDENOTIFY and respond to the CDN_INCLUDEITEM message. On 8 Dec 2003 04:06:10 -0800, cbdeja@my-deja.com (-) wrote: >Is it possible to extend the GetOpenFileName dialog so that it will >filter by file CONTENT as well as filename extension? ...

Replace some stuff in the file with the contents in a file.
Hi all, I've two files, say, file1 and file2. File1 has the following content: ------------- blabla .... The_beginning_mark_of_inserting_file2 here_comes_the_stuff_want_to_be_replaced_by_file2's_content The_end_mark_of_inserting_file2 .... blabla ------------------- From my above description, you can find that I want to replace the specific content in file1 with file2. Any hints on this issue? Regards. -- ..: Hongyi Zhao [ hongyi.zhao AT gmail.com ] Free as in Freedom :. On 5/2/2011 1:06 AM, Hongyi Zhao wrote: > Hi all, > > I've two files, say, file1 and file2. Fi...

FTP File Transfer; file contents getting changed ?
Hi, I have wriiten a program to transfer a binary file. After transfer. The file contents in the destination machine is getting changed. Please Help. Please advice if i am doing any wrong. The number of bytes getting transfered is correct. only some of the bytes in the file (in the destination machine) are different. I dont know why is this happening. I have appened code segment. { Socket ds = new Socket(serverName, dataPort); if ( f.sendCommand("type I" + f.eol, true) ) { System.out.println("Main: bi"); Syste...

Writing contents of an external file to another external file?
Hi, I'm currently working with the ledmac package that I've modified somewhat to meet my needs. Ledmac is used to create critical endnotes and (in somewhat simplified terms) it writes the endnote info into an external file (called \jobname.end) and when a \doendnotes{X} command is called, it closes that file and places an \input{\jobname.end} into the root document. I have created also another file (called \jobname.eaa) in which similar sort or endnote info is written. The problem is that I would like to periodically, first, write _the contents_ of \jobname.eaa into \jobname.end (and then empty .eaa to receive more info, which works ok): essentially to have a command that periodically "dumps" the contents of .eaa file to the .end file. Ho could I do this? I have tried many things and searched this group, as well as a few (La)TeX books but, alas, to no avail. I can of course simply make the package to periodically write "\include{\jobname.eaa}" into the .end file, but this is not desirable, since I don't want the entire, final .eaa file written to those places, just the contents the .eaa file has _accumulated until_ I give the command to write itself into .end. I have been thinking about a TeXnique to somehow save, or create placeholder tokens for the endnote info that now goes into the .eaa file and then just periodically collate and \immediate\write those tokens to the .end file, but I'm not at all sure how to do this. Thank you for ...

file content
Hi all, Having access to a request_rec *r (ex. http://abc.hu/myapp/abc.xyz), how can I read the content of abc.xyz (wich contains only XML data) and generating a response (wich contains only HTML). Thank you in advance. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Laszlo Graf ...

File contents
Hi Friends, Can you please help in resolving this... There is file called data.txt which contains 256 words of data as follows aaaaaaaa 12345678 bbbbbbbb cccccccc dddddddd eeeeeeee ffffffff rsk said: > Hi Friends, > > Can you please help in resolving this... > > There is file called data.txt which contains 256 words of data as > follows > > aaaaaaaa > 12345678 > bbbbbbbb > cccccccc > dddddddd > eeeeeeee > ffffffff Presumably you pressed "send" prematurely. Care to try again? -- Richard Heathfield <http://www.cpax.org.uk> Emai...

File Contents Won't Update Until File is Opened
Hey, I ran into this problem before, but cant remember if/how I solved it. Anyways, I'm overwriting a file (objfun.m) based on what the user inputs. I'm using: fid=fopen('objfun.m','w'); A bunch complex parsing stuff hapens here.... fclose(fid); Then the new contents of objfun.m are read and used in my program. The problem is objfun.m is not actually changed unless I manually open it. What happens is when I read objfun.m I still get the old contents. If I double click it (manually opening it),I see the new stuff is there. Now, by opening it, it has been changed and I can read the new contents. It's as if the file is not properly updated for some reason until it is manually opened. Is there way to fix this or a workaround? Thanks Remembered the solution. I must use clear functions to update the contents. Thanks. ...

SYSMAN output to file appends the contents
In a command procedure, I used DEFINE/USER to redirect the output of SYSMAN to a file. This works fine. However, the output is APPENDED to the file, rather than creating a new version. With other commands, a new version is created. Why the difference? Bug or feature? Removing the /USER gives the "expected" behaviour. Discuss. ...

appending a new xml file to another existing xml file
Hei, I am having issue using DOM to appending a new xml file (new.xml) to another existing xml file (old.xml) without deleting the existing items in old.xml. I would like to have the new <items> append at the end of existing items at the old.xml. How can I do that? I am using php5 Thanks! Ofuuzo On Feb 18, 9:30 am, ofuu...@yahoo.no wrote: > Hei, > I am having issue using DOM to appending a new xml file (new.xml) to > another existing xml file (old.xml) without deleting the existing > items in old.xml. I would like to have the new <items> append at the > end of e...

File exists but vi shows no content
isainfo -kv; uname -a 64-bit sparcv9 kernel modules SunOS rtpnm001 5.8 Generic_108528-22 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-880 I have a file that exist -rwx------ 1 vidalc users 547 Jun 22 13:56 doall but when I "vi doall" the file is empty .. Whats up ? Thanks Chris begin 666 cvidal.vcf M0D5'24XZ5D-!4D0-"E9%4E-)3TXZ,BXQ#0I..CMC=FED86P-"D9..F-V:61A M; T*14U!24P[4%)%1CM)3E1%4DY%5#IC=FED86Q 871T+F-O;0T*4D56.C(P ;,#0P-C(S5#$R-#@T-5H-"D5.1#I60T%21 T* ` end "Chris Vidal" <cvidal@att.com> writes: > isainfo -kv; uname -a > 64-bit sparcv...

Open a file from remote Windows and use the content in the file locally
hi, I am new here, i have been google around for so long on this issue so i decided to stop by and bother you guys. I use tcl and Expect on a Redhat linux system to remotely telnet to a windows system to run some test. end of the test, a file called "log.dat" is generated. then i will need to analyze the number of errors in the log.dat(basically all text) to decide what the windows system should do next. so here comes the question, how do i process the log file, so i can use it locally on Red hat to do a check? (my idea is to store the content of log.dat as a variable locally, then use regular expresstion to check it) newbie here, want to get it done in a quick and dirty way. thanks in advance for your help youyou schrieb: > hi, > > I am new here, i have been google around for so long on this issue so i > decided to stop by and bother you guys. > > I use tcl and Expect on a Redhat linux system to remotely telnet to a > windows system to run some test. end of the test, a file called > "log.dat" is generated. then i will need to analyze the number of > errors in the log.dat(basically all text) to decide what the windows > system should do next. > > so here comes the question, how do i process the log file, so i can use > it locally on Red hat to do a check? (my idea is to store the content > of log.dat as a variable locally, then use regular expresstion to check > it) Not sure. Either have the windows sy...

contents of file
hi, maybe a very stupid question, but how can I display the contents of a file to the screen say I have file 1.txt and I want to have all the contents of 1.txt displayed, line for line. thx Chris Christian van Meer wrote: > > hi, > > maybe a very stupid question, but how can I display the contents of a file > to the screen > > say I have file 1.txt and I want to have all the contents of 1.txt > displayed, line for line. open '1.txt' for input as #1 Do While Not EOF(1) Line Input #1, lineBuf Debug.Print lineBuf Loop Close #1 For an app, add a text or list box and put the data there. There was another thread earlier this week that shows how to add a console window and write to it if that is what you're really asking for... In article <3F9A784B.61975D40@swko.dot.net>, Duane Bozarth <dp_bozarth@swko.dot.net> wrote: >Christian van Meer wrote: >> >> hi, >> >> maybe a very stupid question, but how can I display the contents of a file >> to the screen >> >> say I have file 1.txt and I want to have all the contents of 1.txt >> displayed, line for line. > >open '1.txt' for input as #1 >Do While Not EOF(1) > Line Input #1, lineBuf > Debug.Print lineBuf >Loop >Close #1 > >For an app, add a text or list box and put the data there. There was >another thread earlier this week that shows how to add a console window >and write to ...

Generic file I/O error, the file is not a valid labview file
Hi, &nbsp; I have created a project in LV 8.0. Now I am&nbsp;getting the following error when I try to open it...'Generic file I/O error, the file xxxxx.vi is not a valid labview file.' I have tried to open all the subvi's used in my application and I am able to open all of them. I found that this condition may occur if the hard disk is full. So I tried to open my vi from another PC but I am getting the same error everywhere. What am I supposed&nbsp; to do ?? Please help me out if anyone has a solution to this... &nbsp; Regards, Divya Hi Mike... Thank you for your reply... I get this error when opening the main vi in my application. I can't recall anything which may have corrupted the file. The earlier version of the main vi of which I had saved&nbsp;a copy does not give any problems while opening.&nbsp;I had made many changes in the next version of my application which is lost now... Do you think that the file may be corrupted? Is there no way to retrieve it? I do have a system&nbsp;running LabView 8.2 and I have tried to open this file with that version. But I am still getting the same error. DivyaMessage Edited by divya on 03-22-2007 10:42 PM Hi Divya, Check if the VI's size is &gt; the one U re stating as Ur earlier version, without that so many changes. If it &gt;, it may not ve got corrupted. Problem could be something else. Else, if it shows some drastically low size ( like too less kb ), then it has got goof...

Creating 1 file w/ the contents of 7 other files mixed randomly.
Say I've got 7 files ( file1.txt - file7.txt) and I want to combine the lines from all 7 files into one file (file8.txt) but I want the line order to be randomly mixed. In other words, I want file8.txt to contain all the lines from file1.txt through file7.txt but in random order so that each pass produces a different file8.txt. Might someone help me accomplish this? Keep in mind that files 1-7 may not contain the same number of lines. One may have a hundred lines wile the other may only have ten. Zachary wrote: > Say I've got 7 files ( file1.txt - file7.txt) and I want to comb...

Help with updating file contents using low-level file commands

want to get content of one php file in another php file
i have one php file having content Contents of ex1.php file <body> <?php $content = "c://webserver/www/abc.php"; $handle = fopen($content, "r"); echo fread($handle,filesize($content)); ?> </body> this is reading abc.php file in which i m simply using an echo statement. When i execute ex1.php file i cant see the php statement of abc.php file content of abc.php file is <?php echo "hello";?> sarika wrote: > i have one php file having content > > Contents of ex1.php file > <body> > <?php > $content = "c://webserver/www/abc.php"; > $handle = fopen($content, "r"); > echo fread($handle,filesize($content)); > ?> > </body> > this is reading abc.php file in which i m simply using an echo > statement. When i execute ex1.php file i cant see the php statement of > abc.php file > > content of abc.php file is > <?php echo "hello";?> That's interesting, I've found out that it's the browser that's hiding <?php ?> tags within .phpx pages. Probably to avoid short tags scripts (on a server that doesn't allow them) from getting leaked by visitors who don't know about this browser trick, until the dev' realizes his error. Not a good thing, IMO; dev's should take care, themselves, and it's still not secure since the hidden string is still in the rendered source. And now we don't know how ...

Reg: Copy records from one file to another based on contents of a third file.
Hi, Suppose I have a simple flat-file, say File-C which contains just one field: Name of a person. File-A contains many records one of which is Name. Now I wish to copy all records from File-A to a new File-B only if the Name present in the record of File-A is availble in the list of Names in File-C. Can we use File Aid JCL (or Insync) to do this or any form of JCL to achieve this..?? I wish to avoid writing a cobol program which can of course achieve this. Thanks... mail_ssb@yahoo.com (ssb) wrote: >Suppose I have a simple flat-file, say File-C which contains just one >field: Nam...

HOW using 1 files contents as info to delete the second files containing that pattern?
Given 2 files one file having a list of names the other containing a list of names to delete from the first use sed or diff or write a script? problem is I don't know about file i/o in scripts yet I guess. ie using read command on a file reading the first line in the file, then using next after the 2 lines are compaired and equal == must be deleted. read next line as the pattern, search untill found (records match exactly) then delete, read next line in file as the pattern to search until found.......again untill are are deleted. How -I just have bits and pieces now.. Help and than...

file exists / file not found
While playing with some code for another thread, I discovered that among the BASIC language diagnostics was the text FILE NOT FOUND. I am unable to find FILE EXISTS among the BASIC diagnostics. When I attempt a load of a non existent file, the drive error light blinks and the system issues a FILE NOT FOUND diagnostic. When I try to save data with a name of a file already on the disk, the drive error light blinks but no diagnostic is issued by the system. In both cases, the drive needs to be queried to retrieve the drive's diagnostic and to stop the drive error light from blinking. I ha...

Web resources about - how to append contents to an existing file contents at the end of file? - comp.lang.labview

Portal:Contents/Culture and the arts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The word culture is derived from the Latin root cultura or cultus meaning to "inhabit, cultivate, or honour". In general, culture refers to human ...

Safe Schools: George Christensen welcomes 'gutting' of 'bad content' in anti-bullying program
The Federal Government orders changes to the Safe Schools anti-bullying program following a review and a rebellion by backbench MPs.

Instagram to soon start showing content out of order and based on personalized algorithms
Following in the footsteps of Facebook, Instagram today announced in a blog post that it will soon adjust the way in which content is presented ...

Like Peanut Butter And Jelly: Why kCura Bought Content Analyst
As far as kCura is concerned, analytics represents a fast growing part of its business.

Tencent's Profit Misses Estimates as Video Content Costs Climb
Bloomberg Tencent's Profit Misses Estimates as Video Content Costs Climb Bloomberg Tencent Holdings Ltd. posted fourth-quarter profit that ...

Tribeca Film Fest Adds Digital & Online Content To Its Market Mix
... (TFF) today announced the inaugural Tribeca Digital Creators Market and Special Screenings program. A marketplace for digital and online content ...

Give Me Chronological Content, Please
... feed. According to the company , you might start seeing the photos and videos ordered by “the likelihood you’ll be interested in the content, ...

Of course Battleborn has tons of Season Pass content
... a Season Pass for Battleborn , because of course it has. Thankfully it's only $19.99, and comes with what seems to be throwaway content. Delivered ...

Dish Sues Comcast/NBC to Prevent Content Blackout -
... to engage in some ugly public bickering after failing to come to terms on a new programming contract. NBC has threatened to pull its content ...