How to call Labview DLL from VB2005

Dear all expert,
I'm a student and very new in Labview programming.
Currently i have build a simple vi and need to convert it to dll so that i can call it from my VB.net. But the problem is how to call the labview dll from my VB.net?

I know we must declare function something like this,

Auto function Bodeplot Lib"..\\Bodeplot.dll" (Byval Val1 as double, Byval Val2 as double,...) as double

but how to determine Val1, Val2 (and so on) is input for which data?  if my vi have 10 input (frequency, Kc,Fcz,Fcp,Wzrhp,Wp,k,Wz,Beta and Operation) ? and how to select the output (my application have 3 possible output : magnitup loop,phase loop, and degree loop)

In addition, since I'm using Labview 8.0 , and as i know apllication  builder for this version cannot convert vi to dll which contain Mathscript (but unfortunely, my vi all use Mathscript), so really hope someone can help me to convert my vi to dll using Labview 8.2 (which remove this limitation).

here I'm attach my Vi and really hope someone willing to help.

Thank you.

bodeplot.vi:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/272124/1/bodeplot.vi
0
x9561 (148439)

You will need to create a project to put this into.  As far as dynamic selection, you really can not do that.  You can do one of three things as far as I see: - Create 3 wrapper VIs.  One for each operation that has the correct inputs, and outputs. (IMHO the best solution)
 - Modify your inputs and outputs to more general purpose and use those. (requires you to document the usage, and still confusing to the user)
- always use all the inputs and outputs to the dll, even if they are null.  (requires you to document each case, confusing to the user, not intuititve.)
As far as building your dll.  I think that is a toughy as you are self admitted wanting to use functions that you have not paid for.  I would talk to your NI DSM, or get the 8.5 evaluation and build it yourself.  Good luck.
0
x9561 (148439)
9/18/2007 4:10:07 AM
Dear stradis,
Very thank for ur reply.
I just a student, and the cost for Labview8.5 is really unaffordable for me! :smileysad:
May i know who is NI DSM? and how do i get the Labview8.5 evaluation, so that i can try to build myself.
thank.

0
x9561 (148439)
9/18/2007 3:10:09 PM
On Sep 18, 10:10 am, cckoh <x...@no.email> wrote:
> Dear stradis,
> Very thank for ur&nbsp;reply.
> I just a student,&nbsp;and the cost for Labview8.5 is really unaffordable for me! :smileysad:
> May i know who is NI DSM? and how do i get the&nbsp;Labview8.5 evaluation, so that i&nbsp;can try to build myself.
> thank.
> &

According to Labview's Help File you need Application Builder to build
shared dynamic linked libraries.  However, Application Builder is only
included with the Professional version of Labview.  Application
Builder is not included with the Student, Base or Full Development
versions of Labview.  As far as I know Application Builder is not
included with an evaluation version of Labview. National Instruments
charges US$ 1,000 to buy Application Builder as an add on for use with
the Base and Full development versions of Labview.  Considering your
limited funds I suggest you looked at using Free Open Source software
like Scilab or Python for your project.

Howard

0
hrhan (218)
9/19/2007 4:49:31 AM
On Sep 18, 11:49 pm, hrh1818 <hr...@att.net> wrote:
> On Sep 18, 10:10 am, cckoh <x...@no.email> wrote:
>
> > Dear stradis,
> > Very thank for ur&nbsp;reply.
> > I just a student,&nbsp;and the cost for Labview8.5 is really unaffordable for me! :smileysad:
> > May i know who is NI DSM? and how do i get the&nbsp;Labview8.5 evaluation, so that i&nbsp;can try to build myself.
> > thank.
> > &
>
> According to Labview's Help File you need Application Builder to build
> shared dynamic linked libraries.  However, Application Builder is only
> included with the Professional version of Labview.  Application
> Builder is not included with the Student, Base or Full Development
> versions of Labview.  As far as I know Application Builder is not
> included with an evaluation version of Labview. National Instruments
> charges US$ 1,000 to buy Application Builder as an add on for use with
> the Base and Full development versions of Labview.  Considering your
> limited funds I suggest you looked at using Free Open Source software
> like Scilab or Python for your project.
>
> Howard

You also might want to look at using the student edition of Matlab
with your project. The Matlab help files have extensive information on
linking external programs to Matlab.  Look up the subject "Automation
Server" and "External Interfaces" in the Matlab Help file for more
information.

Howard

0
hrhan (218)
9/20/2007 3:21:37 PM
On Sep 17, 6:40 am, cckoh <x...@no.email> wrote:
> Dear all expert,
> I'm a student and very new in Labview programming.
> Currently i have build a simple vi and need to convert it to dll so that i can call it from my VB.net. But the problem is how to call the labview dll from my VB.net?
> &nbsp;
> I know we must declare function something like this,
> &nbsp;
> Auto function Bodeplot Lib"..\\Bodeplot.dll" (Byval Val1 as double, Byval Val2 as double,...) as double
> &nbsp;
> but how&nbsp;to determine Val1, Val2 (and so on) is input for which data?&nbsp; if my&nbsp;vi have&nbsp;10 input (frequency, Kc,Fcz,Fcp,Wzrhp,Wp,k,Wz,Beta and Operation)&nbsp;? and how to&nbsp;select the output (my application have 3 possible output : magnitup loop,phase loop, and degree loop)
> &nbsp;
> In addition, since I'm using Labview 8.0 , and as i know apllication&nbsp; builder for this version cannot convert vi to dll which contain Mathscript (but unfortunely, my vi all use Mathscript), so really hope someone can help me to convert my vi to dll using Labview 8.2 (which&nbsp;remove this limitation).
> &nbsp;
> here I'm attach my Vi and really hope someone willing to help.
> &nbsp;
> Thank you.
> &nbsp;
>
> bodeplot.vi:http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/272124/1/bodeplot.vi

If you insist on using Labview with your project then you should
consider using ActveX in place of using a dynamic link library to
interface to your VB.net code.  You don't need "Application Builder"
if you use ActiveX.   The Student, Basic and Full development versions
of Labview for Windows come with ActiveX capability.  For more
information on ActiveX look up the subject ActiveX in Labview's Help
File.

Howard

0
hrhan (218)
9/20/2007 9:03:58 PM
Dear all the expert,
Thank you all for the really good suggestions, especially Howard. I will try to look at the ActiveX .:smileyhappy:
&nbsp;
&nbsp;
0
x9561 (148439)

Calling a LabView DLL from a Labview VI
Hi, I have a vi that is calling a Labview DLL and they both have a same subVI. If I drop that SubVI into the block diagram first then drop in the Call Library Function Node, when I run the VI, the DLL would not work and it did not give me any error. Does anyone know how fix this problem with Labview? or is there some configuration that I can force the all of that SubVI points into the DLL. Thanks for your help, Dan ...

labview crashing when calling labview-built dll
Hello I need some help with regard to calling a LabVIEW-built DLL in LabVIEW.I have created a vi in LabVIEW. I made the DLL for this vi. I called this VI as a re-entrant in another vi.This vi(calling DLL) has been working fine till yesterday. Since yesterday, it started crashing LV.I need some help in this regard.I am attaching the screenshots of the Application Builder configuration window, the B.D of the vi using DLL and that of the configuration window which pops up when i call the DLL.I made a vi which performs FRA. I built its DLL.I have around 10 inputs. I output 3 one-dimensional arrays, and a string from the DLL.When i build the DLL, the builder defines the outputs 'gain', 'phase' and 'frequency' as arrays of 8-byte double.When i call this DLL in my vi, the configuration window sets them as 'numeric' outputs.Why does this happen? What is the solution to this?When i try to set them as 'array' in this configuration window, i get a warning that i am trying to change the data types which do not match with the data type found in the DLL. Is this the problem with my code or with the Application Builder?Now, after i change the 3 output datatypes to Arrays, and set their minimum length(i assumed that this value means the size of the array ), the vi runs and crashes LV. I am nto sure when it crashes, why it crashes. It runs fine at one time. It crashes at another time. I am nto sure if these arrays are teh reason why L...

Labview Dll call library function Causing Labview to unload
I am trying to use the Call Library function in Labview 7.1 to call an Init function for a Zathic Can4USB device. When I run the vi, it complete log LabView out of the computer. Can anyone tell me why the function totally unloads LV without displaying an error? &nbsp; Thanks Either the function has a serious bug or you are calling it with invalid parameters or wrongly setup parameters. The problem happening here is that your DLL passes somehow invlid parameters to a system device driver and that driver causes a protection fault. For device driver execeptions which happen in the privileged...

Should I call C from LabVIEW or call LabVIEW from C?
I need to write some software and am trying to choose the best development environment. I currently use Borland C++ Builder to develop most of my software and have also used some LabVIEW occasionally. The new package I need to write has to provide several functions, some of which would be better in C++, some in LabVIEW and I am wondering whether to combine the two. So far, I have had a quick play around and called a very basic piece LabVIEW code, built into a dll, from some C++ code. I am about to try to reverse (create dll in C++ and call from LabVIEW) but would appreciate some advice on the advantages/disadvantages of each method. &nbsp; Restrictions I have: 1. I will (probably) be using some hardware which will be supplied with C++ driver functions only. My interface with this card is the 'heart' of my system and is time-critical. Also, I need to assign a pointer to pass to this card (could I do this in LabVIEW?) 2. I wish to analyse data from the card using FFT and related functions so would ideally use the LabVIEW Sound &amp; Vibration and Order Analysis toolkits. I need to use these in real-time where the data sampling rate is fairly high (frequency analysis to be done on 4 channels at once with each channel sampled at approx 100kHz). &nbsp; To add to this, I would like to be able to create/modify the display screen at run-time - something which I am fine with in C++ but understand is very difficult in LabVIEW (I have only used LabVIEW for relatively...

Error 1073 when building LabVIEW app which calls LabVIEW dll
I am trying to use application builder to build an application that calls a dll created in LabVIEW. I get an error referencing a vi within the dll (Parse Stored String(multibyte).vi) saying that "This property is writable or this method is available only when the VI is in edit mode." The only option is to Continue which cancels the build. I had sucessfully built this application prior to including vis that call the dll and the program runs fine in the development environment. Do you have any idea what is causing this and what I cam do about it? I have found a temporary workaround i...

How can I calling LabView DLL within LabView and pass similar Data Types?
--5972977.1071582281832.JavaMail.quiq.tekken Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am trying to use an Instrument Driver, which is created in LabView6.1 as a DLL. At this point I have only LabView to test this DLL. I was wondering, is there easy way to find out what sort of Parameter or Data Type I should be using. How can I pass the following data with in LabView: LVRefnum as Type? LVBoolean as Type? TD1 (a structure) as Type? It is funny to see that I am able to create a DLL in labview but having trouble calling it within LabView. I th...

build a DLL in LabVIEW &amp; Use the DLL in LabVIEW
I am trying to build a DLL for the simple vi with LabVIEW and want to use the DLL in LabVIEW. is it impossible? &nbsp; I wrote a vi and it have 2 terminals. one is the input for numeric dbl data type and one another is the output for numeric dbl 1D array data type. &nbsp; It was built with the Application builder for LabVIEW 8.0 and DLL was created successfully. &nbsp; I want to use this DLL&nbsp;in new vi with LabVIEW. &nbsp; Call library function used. I wrote a new vi to use that DLL. &nbsp; In config dialog I config each parameter for dll and connected terminals. but it doesn't work &nbsp; pleas refer to the attatched file and let me know what I missed. &nbsp; Array1D.zip: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/235977/1/Array1D.zip ...

Is LabVIEW Runtime required for a DLL created by LabVIEW ?
Hi &nbsp; Could some one&nbsp;advice me on this matter please. I am trying to build a DLL for a set of functions created in LabVIEW. Now I am&nbsp; wondering if I need to use it with some other language like VB or C++, do I need to install the LabVIEW runtime of the same version as the original functions ? &nbsp; Any settings required while creating the DLL ? I am trying to&nbsp;create it in LV 7.0 &nbsp; Thanks in advance Deepu. &nbsp; Hi Deepu, yes, if you want to use a dll, which is created with LabView you have to install&nbsp;the runtime engine. Mike Alright Mike, Thanks ! I was&nbsp;hoping it would work without the LabVIEW runtime. Anyway, thanks for the quick reply. Rgds Deepu. ...

Re : C++ Call to DLL made in LabVIEW Fails the second time it is called
Five years later, I have exactly the same problem&nbsp;with LabVIEW v.6.1 : It is impossible to call a function from a DLL which was loaded in&nbsp;a previous (ended) thread. Do you know if something had been solutionned in&nbsp;newer&nbsp;releases ? &nbsp; Thanks in advance. Yes, this issue has been fixed in LabVIEW 8.0. Now, instead of using the first thread we spawn our own thread to handle the UI message pumping. I also wrote up an article on this with regards to getting the LabVIEW DLL to work in ASP.NET (where you have little control over threading). The same technique could be done by other applications. I'm not certain whether this works with LabVIEW 6.x as it is well before my time on the team...but it's something to try. <a href="http://detritus.blogs.com/lycangeek/2005/05/labview_and_asp.html" target="_blank">http://detritus.blogs.com/lycangeek/2005/05/labview_and_asp.html</a> ...

Use a wrapper to build a C++ Dll that calls a C++ .lib and Use the Dll is LabView
Hi All, &nbsp; I need to access some functions in a C++ .lib within LabView, but has no source code for the library.&nbsp; Can I build a Dll in Visual C++ that calls this library, then have LabView calls the Dll? If so, how different is building this Dll compared to building a Dll from a .cpp file?&nbsp; I am new to C++, could some one suggest how to&nbsp;use the .lib in Visual C++ 6.0 studio to build the Dll? &nbsp; Thanks for&nbsp;your help. Bryan Hi Emilie, &nbsp; Thank you for the help. Sorry for the late reply here, got caught into a few busy projects. I do have a difficult LabView problem and hope get some help.&nbsp; I need to move a pop up window by using lvuser32.llb. Are pop up windows from labview or other application such as written by C++ are the same with regular windows?&nbsp; Also, is there a way to find the window names of all open windows including not only labview vi windows but also windows from other applications?&nbsp; Some of my non labview applications will have their names changed dynamically during execution. I need to know their exact name&nbsp;to access them in a vi.&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; Regards, Bryan&nbsp; BryanL wrote:Hi Emilie, &nbsp; Also, is there a way to find the window names of all open windows including not only labview vi windows but also windows from other applications?&nbsp; Some of my non labview applications will have their names changed dynamically during execution...

Fatal Error
After creating an installaion program, I tried testing the install of my app.&nbsp; The application user interface appears with a Fatal Error dialog box stating LABVIEW.LIB was not called from a LabVIEW process. &nbsp; Other information on this forum regarding a LABVIE.LIB error, usually mention some types of .dll calls, I have no such calls in my application so I'm curious if anyone else has a similar problem and hopefully a solution. &nbsp; Development machine and test install system both XP Pro Using LabVIEW 8.0.1 &nbsp; Thanks in advance. &nbsp; Con &nbsp; &...

Calling a LabView DLL from VB
I am running an NI example which is here <a href="http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/3990" target="_blank">http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/3990</a> and when I run it the new VB environment converts the program to the new .net structure ok.However, when it runs it gives this error Loader lock was detectedAttempting managed execution inside OS Loader lock. Do not attempt to run managed code inside a DllMain or image initialization function since doing so can cause the application to hang.Any ideas? <a href="http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/3990" target="_blank"> </a> ...

Problem with lsb: LABVIEW.LIB was not called from a LabVIEW process
I've decided to compile the Zero Phase Shift.vi filter into a dll. This vi relies on IIR.lsb and IIR.c files. There is no problems with running the vi itself. However,&nbsp;using&nbsp; a dll that was built&nbsp;from this vi&nbsp;&nbsp;generates a fatal Windows error message &nbsp; LABVIEW.LIB was not called from a LabVIEW process (for example, if one tries to call the dll from within a VB program) &nbsp; If I remove the lsb reference from the vi, then calling the dll has no problems. I have tried to reference the IIR.lsb explicitly from the Build Shared Lib wizard, that did not work. &nbsp; &nbsp; I used LabVIEW 7.1 &nbsp; &nbsp; Andrew ZeroShiftFilter_Dll_Problem.zip: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/234008/1/ZeroShiftFilter_Dll_Problem.zip ...

Calling a LabVIEW DLL from Delphi
I have created a DLL in LabVIEW 7.1.1 which communicates over seriel line with a tester. This DLL is an interface of a "device driver" which is used in an LV app successfully. This driver is built as Active-X server and DLL. I have created example programs in LV, Visual Basic and Visual C++ single thread and multi threaded. All those examples work fine. For the DLL version I have used the delay load feature of MS Visual Studio. One of my customers is programming in Delphi and he get an error whenever he is starting his application. It seems the error occurs during loading the DLL. He can ignore the error and the DLL is working fine afterwards.What must I change or my customer change within his Delphi project to avoid this error? Is there a similar project setting as the delay load feature in MS Visual Studio? I don't think it helps you a lot, but I have just the other week delivered a LV prototype dll to my customer. They are using it in Delphi.One important thing is that your customer needs to have the correct runtime engine installed, in this case 7.1.1.I've heard no complaints about loading delays, but I would have to check. They did complain (small bug) about the close function, so I know they tested it.I used LV 8.5 by the way.Message Edited by andre.buurman@carya on 05-19-2008 10:53 PM Hello Andr�, I don't know If the customer has the really exact runtime. He downloaded it by himself and it maybe 7.1 or 7.1.1. I didn't checked if both are av...

calling LabVIEW dll from C#
Could somebody post a fully working C# example of calling a function from a LabVIEW generated dll with passing strings and integers in and a couple of strings out? What should be settings when creating the dll, of course (which convention, how to pass)? ...

Problem about calling a DLL in LABVIEW
Hi, I have a problem using Labview to call a DLL file, when I call the function " commandinterp() in labview, labview will always return error message"an error occured&nbsp;in external code, it might &nbsp;have corrupted labview memory..."&nbsp; attached is the DLL file and the labview code .so did the code i attached&nbsp;have any problem? or is it the problem of the DLL?&nbsp; thanks &nbsp; mydll.txt: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/260230/1/mydll.txt callfunctionnode.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/260230/2/callfunctionnode.vi It looks to me that he might be missing an input parameter.&nbsp; &nbsp; The line shows&nbsp; &nbsp;int commandinterp (char cmd_line[]) { &nbsp; So is a char type being input in the function to be used as the variable name cmd_line? &nbsp; The attached VI does not show any input parameters doing into the DLL call. &nbsp; (I am not entirely sure.&nbsp; Since the dll itself was not attached, I had to tell Labview to ignore the item when it looked for it.&nbsp; Perhaps the way the VI opens up when the dll doesn't exist on my machine is different then if the dll did exist.) It looks to me that he might be missing an input parameter.&nbsp; &nbsp; The line shows&nbsp; &nbsp;int commandinterp (char cmd_line[]) { &nbsp; So is a char type an input argument for&nbsp;the function to be used as the variable name cmd_line? &nbsp; ...

Call function from dll in labview
Hi All, I have to get data from USB camera, I have following functions in DLL. DLLINOUT=09HANDLE =09WINAPI=09CC_Open( LPCSTR CameraName , ULONG CameraNumber , CC_CAPTURE_MODE CaptureMode ) ; and DLLINOUT BOOL=09 WINAPI=09 CC_CaptureSingle( HANDLE Cam , PVOID Buffer , ULONG TransferSize , CC_TRIGGER_MODE TriggerMode , USHORT TimeOut , OVERLAPPED * pUserOverlapped ); When I open hardware with function cc_open I am getting handle to an object. How can I store this object and pass it to CC_CaptureSingle function? Another question is when I call CC_CaptureSingle I am getting pointer on the 2 ...

How to write a C wrapper dll to export Matlab dll functions so that LabVIEW Call Library Function Node can use it?
Hello LabView developers, &nbsp; I used LabVIEW to call Matlab m script to implement matlab MPC successfully. I wanted to use Matlab compiler to compile the matlab m script function into a c&nbsp;shared library&nbsp;.dll so that LabVIEW can call it without requiring Matlab installed on the PC. &nbsp; I used MatLab R2007b with matlab compiler. I was able to generate a C shared library dll set successfully using mcc command. &nbsp; However, from the header file, I see that the inputs and outputs of&nbsp;the function prototype&nbsp;are&nbsp;in mxArray. I need to change this data type to whatever that&nbsp;LabView Call&nbsp;Library Function Node can recognize. &nbsp; I have followed a few examples in the forum, but none of them went through. &nbsp; I use LabView 8.5. I have Microsoft Visual C++ Version 6 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2005. The compiler is in C++. Should I use a C compiler only to generate the C wrapper dll so that Labview can recognize it in the Call Library Function Node? &nbsp; If anybody has gone through this successfully, I would like to learn from you on how to do it. &nbsp; Thanks, &nbsp; Kimberly yw wrote: Hello LabView developers, &nbsp; I used LabVIEW to call Matlab m script to implement matlab MPC successfully. I wanted to use Matlab compiler to compile the matlab m script function into a c&nbsp;shared library&nbsp;.dll so that LabVIEW can call it without requiring Matlab installed ...

change a LabVIEW array outside LabVIEW and keep updated in LabVIEW
change a LabVIEW array outside LabVIEW and keep updated in LabVIEW hi, I am Interfacing a FrameGrabber with LabVIEW using a frame grabber SDK(dll). The memory managment of this FG allow you to allocate your own Array and to give a pointer to this Array to the memory manager. Then when you acquire with the frame grabber, the acquired image will be directly accessible in your array. 1.I give to the FG memory manager a pointer to the Labview array through a SDK Dll function. 2. I run the acquisition 3. I display the array My problem is that the Array is allways displayed with it initial val...

How to call a labview dll from excel-VBA?
How to call a simple Labview DLL from Excel VBA? I have seen examples of DLL calls from VB but does it work the same way for VBA? I have 2000 excel and Labview 8.5. I created the DLL and tried to call it from VBA using the same type of code as in NI's website example(ofcourse its a bit diff with 8.5)<a href="http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3063" rel="nofollow" target="_blank"> http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/...</a> BUT it errors out when called from excelERROR: The object invoked has disconnected from its client You would need to provide more details about the LabVIEW DLL, such as the prototypes of the functions (VIs) that you're trying to call, and your actual VBA code. Specifically, what object you're trying to create. You should also make sure the Run-Time Enginer is installed, as well as any required libraries such as the VISA Run-Time if you're using VISA. Have you made sure to enable the ActiveX server for the DLL? A search yielded the following items that you may wish to peruse:<a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=261345&amp;requireLogin=False" target="_blank">http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=261345&amp;requireLogin=False</a> <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=45099&amp;requireLogin=False" target="_blank">...

call LabVIEW DLL in Java (JNI)
Hi, &nbsp; I would like to know how to call LabVIEW DLL in Java (JNI). &nbsp; I have searched in the forum and some mentioned that I need to have a wrapper DLL that exports the "JNI-style" names and calls the names exported from the LV-built DLL. I do not know what does this means?? &nbsp; I want to use JNI to control GPIB so I want to build 488.2 or VISA vis into DLL which I can call in JNI. Could anyone guide me in doing this?? What are the steps and how to do it?? &nbsp; JNI and LabVIEW <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=250&amp;message.id=27384&amp;requireLogin=False" target="_blank">http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=250&amp;message.id=27384&amp;requireLogin=False</a> &nbsp; Thank you &amp; Regards Lee More things to add... &nbsp; I have found&nbsp;websites that mention that I need to have a header which is generated by JNI to be included in the LabVIEW DLL header so that JNI can use this LabVIEW DLL in JNI. How do I do that?? &nbsp; Both links below have information on calling DLL in Java (JNI). &nbsp; Calling Native C/C++ code (in a DLL) from Java using JNI <a href="http://kbalertz.com/222092/Native-Using.aspx" target="_blank">http://kbalertz.com/222092/Native-Using.aspx</a> &nbsp; Java Native Interface: Programmer's Guide and Specification <a href="http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jni/"...

Calling a DLL in a labview EXE file.
Hi, When trying to&nbsp;open an executable of a labview program that calls a C++ DLL, the labview exe searches for the C++ DLL. When I located the C++ DLL, I get the following&nbsp;error: "LabVIEW: Generic Error. The file "myC++DLL.dll" is not a valid LabVIEW file. Select another?" &nbsp; Of course, I cannot select another because this is the DLL I need. When I cancel the search, the labview exe opens, but&nbsp;I get this msg: "VI has an error of type 6300. The full development version of LabVIEW is required to fix the errors." &nbsp; Even though the errors I am getting are very vague, I am wondering if this is an indication of a dependency problem (maybe the DLL needs to be in a specific location, etc. )&nbsp; I am running the exe of a LabVIEW program in a computer that only has the runtime engine. I have transfered the labview&nbsp;exe and my C++ DLL to this new computer. I also&nbsp;put the C++ DLL and the exe in&nbsp;the same path/locations as&nbsp;the locations on&nbsp;the original&nbsp;computer (a computer where the full dev version exists ... where the exe was working fine (calling the C++ DLL with no errors).&nbsp;I am not sure if this has any effect. &nbsp; If you have done this before, please help! This is my first time facing such issues. &nbsp; Thanks! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C7D426.E43FA310 Content-Type: text/plain; cha...

Calling a LabView dll in C++ Builder
I have created a dll in LabVIEW which I have added to my project in C++ Builder.&nbsp; When I run my application it throws the following error:&nbsp; &nbsp; "System error 998 while loading the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine(C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\LabView Run-Time\8.0\lvrt.dll). SHAREDLIB requires a version 8.0 (or compatible) LabVIEW Run_time Engine.&nbsp; Please contact the vendor of SHAREDLIB to correct this problem." &nbsp; C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\LabView Run-Time\8.0\lvrt.dll does exist. &nbsp; Please advise.&nbsp; ...

how to call this dll point function by labview
&nbsp; Void SetCompStatusCallBack(void ((*CompStatusCallBack)(int id, int status, unsigned char conflict))) &nbsp; Sets up callback function for getting component status. &nbsp; Parameters: * CompStatusCallback ? entry point for callback function. &nbsp; Return Value:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; None. left wrote: &nbsp; Void SetCompStatusCallBack(void ((*CompStatusCallBack)(int id, int status, unsigned char conflict))) &nbsp; Sets up callback function for getting component status. &nbsp; Parameters: * CompStatusCallback ? entry point for callback function. &nbsp; Return Value:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; None. You don't. This is the callback protoype that would be passed as parameter to another API and as such never will be called by the caller of that API but instead be provided by that caller! And LabVIEW does not support function pointers at all, so you really can't do this. The only solution is to write a wrapper function in your DLL or in a separate DLL that translates between this interface and some more event oriented LabVIEW functionality such as user events, but unless you do know C to a fairly good level, you should probably leave that to someone else. Rolf KalbermatterMessage Edited by rolfk on 01-26-2007 04:21 PM ...

Web resources about - How to call Labview DLL from VB2005 - comp.lang.labview

LabVIEW - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
LabVIEW (short for Laboratory Virtual Instrument Engineering Workbench) is a system-design platform and development environment for a visual ...

LabVIEW - Geekosystem
Don we now our gay apparel, and why shouldn’t that apparel be primarily composed of Christmas lights synchronized to flash with music ? Andy ...

National Instruments - LinkedIn
Welcome to the company profile of National Instruments on LinkedIn. It's not what we make. It's what we make possible. National Instruments is ...

Products / Home - g.tec - Guger Technologies
g.tec medical and electrical engineering produces biosignal amplifiers, data acquisition systems, real-time processing systems and EEG Processing ...

School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering - Computing Facilities
In particular, we have technical interests in common with the other Engineering Schools (Chemical, Civil & Environmental, Mechanical and Computer ...

Handy Arduino Uno R3 Pinout Diagram

Curriculum Vitae - Stefano Meroli
Curriculum Vitae - Stefano Meroli

Testing Engineering Supervisor
Testing Engineering Supervisor job. Read the Testing Engineering Supervisor job description and find other Division 10 Personnel jobs at Monster. ...

Knowledge and Content Management: A Foundation for Business Success
Knowledge management and enterprise content management are increasingly at the center of a successful business strategy.