How to easily control multiple controls in labview

How can I easily control multiple controls with a single write to in Labview? For instance, I need to update 50 different boolean indicators. When I update them one at a time I use a cntrl refrence in my event structure, but outside of an event structure how can I easily cycle through them and update without making 50 local variables if I need to do them all at once?
0
x9561 (148440)

Why don't you use an array of boolean indicators?
0
x9561 (148440)
7/21/2008 5:40:05 PM
Have a look at the example attached <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;view=by_date_ascending&amp;message.id=204328#M204328" target="_blank">here</a>, which can also be applied to this. You should usually avoid updating the value of a control from more than one place, though (unless it's something like initialization, where you can guarantee not having race conditions).
Other alternatives: using an array of booleans or using the picture control to create the image.
0
x9561 (148440)
7/21/2008 5:40:05 PM
The way i use these booleans in my UI, I had to make them separate so I could arrange them in a user friendly way. And yes this is just for initialization so they won't be getting updated in two places at once.
0
x9561 (148440)

How do you control seperate motors with Labview through a remote control?
Forgive me if I am not typing the question correctly, or if it is a stupid question. I am only fourteen and only started learning about Labview.. I would appreciate all help possible. Thanks What type of motors are you trying to control?&nbsp; How do you have them/plan to have them connected to your computer?&nbsp; When you say you want to control remotely, do you mean that you don't want them connected to a computer or that you want to communicate remotely through your computer (no cables)?&nbsp; The more information you can give the better help you will receive. Cheers Hi LouidSilence, It would also be helpful to know what version of LabVIEW you are using.&nbsp; It's impressive that your starting to learn LabVIEW at such a young age, it will be challenging but worth it!&nbsp; Well first off, thanks for asking questions to my questions, it helps me too :) The kind of motors I am trying to control are IFI Robotics Multi-Speed Motor Connect to PWM or RLY port (12 volt).. I am trying to remotely control it wirelessly, through an IFI Robotics Isaac16 EDU Robot Controller with 900MHz Short Range Radio Modem. Hope this Helps.. Oh yeah, and the version of LabView I am using is 8.5 Hi LoudSilence, It looks like your controller is designed to be&nbsp;programmed in BASIC.&nbsp; What you will need to do in order to control it with LabVIEW is figure out what the function calls&nbsp;are that will be required to activate your PMW signals etc.&a...

Reading controller data into LabVIEW through serial connections to controllers?
I'd like to read data from environmental chamber controllers (System Plus) into LabVIEW through RS232 connections.&nbsp; Has anyone done something similar? &nbsp;I see interfacing with the serial controllers as the biggest obstacle and although not directly related to LabVIEW programming, I'm hoping someone here can give me some advice or resources on how best to do so now days. &nbsp;My first thought is to write a program with VB or C++ to act as a terminal and write the data to a text file for LabVIEW to poll.&nbsp; Aside from using Telix decades ago to work with BBSes, my only other serial experience consists of interfacing with a Kiethly multimeter using a C++ program.&nbsp; &nbsp;I would rather not use multiple PCs but I have never worked with more than one serial port on a computer before in the past.&nbsp; Perhaps LabVIEW itself already provides for multiple serial card communications (wouldn't that be perfect)? &nbsp;Any info would be great. &nbsp;Regards, &nbsp;Dave&nbsp;&nbsp; LabVIEW has had support for serial communication for as long as I've used it and may have been part of version 1. It also supports multiple serial ports&nbsp;- built-in and USB-&gt;RS232. There are even a couple of shipping examples. I've not used this particular chamber but I've used several with serial connections. It's a matter of getting the programming manual and working through it if a driver does not al...

How do I use a LabView control element as ActiveX Control in another application?
I am was trying to include some simple ActiveX Controls(sliders, buttons) in my VBScript. It worked with other ActiveX Components from the web, however I wasn't able to include the LabView ActiveX Controls because I was missing the necessary IDs. Moreover I was able to test the LabView control by inserting it into the VC++- Test Container. But I still can't find the necessary IDs... I don't believe that any of the LabVIEW controls (except for 3D Graphs) are ActiveX controls so I'm not sure what control you were able to insert into the VC++ container. What's the exact name ...

How can i use labview.tlb to control Labview from an external application?
Hi, I've been told by a labview engineer that i could use the file labview.tlb located in the labview install folder to control labview from an external application (in my case, a C# app). I'm using Labview 6.1 under Windows 2000. This article confirms that: "ActiveX and LabVIEW" http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/5401BE584FBAEECE862567C2006D36C7?opendocument But i've not been able to find out how to use this file to achieve what i want. I just want to be able to open/close labview, open/close a vi, start/stop a vi, hide/show a vi from a C# application. Th...

Using the cFP controller with only LabVIEW and FIELDPOINT software but no LabVIEW RT
I have a cFP-2020 controller and cPF-AI-100 modules which I intend to use in a small project. I do have LabVIEW and FIELDPOINT software but I dont have LabWIEW RT software. Is it possible to use the cPF controller with only just LabVIEW? if yes, I would like to be advised how. Thanks Dear Chuma, It is not possible to&nbsp;set up your system without Labview realtime module. There are system integrators who can build a executable for you. You can search for a alliance member by using the following link; <a href="http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niaa.search_display" target="_blank">http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niaa.search_display</a>&nbsp;Or call your local NI branch office. But if you are planning to do more realtime projects&nbsp;in the future this wouldn't be costs effective. Another option is to use compact fieldpoint pc controlled backplane (so there has to be a PC to control your compact fieldpoint system (not deterministic)). You can do this by using the compact fieldpoint ethernet backplane; <a href="http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/202527" target="_blank">http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/202527</a>&nbsp; Good luck with your project, and please let me know if there are any questions, &nbsp; Martijn ...

How do I control flow through MKS Mass Flow Controller using Labview
How do I control flow through MKS Mass Flow Controller using Labview? Im new to LabVIEW please let me know bout it in detail. Thanks for all the help. ...

can Labview 7.0 control an instrument without the labview driver?
hellow,i have an instrument which do not have the labview driver,its output signal is RS232,so can i use labview7.0 to read the signal? thanks! Another possible option is to use the Instrument I/O Assistant. It is an interactive tool that generates Instrument I/O and response parsing code for you. It is very helpful in establishing a connection and helping parse instrument response data. It is pretty high level and basic, so if you want to utilize any special serial VISA functionality it may not go as deep as you would like - but it can definitely help get you started. ...

VIs that allow you to test if a given control is a control of a particular LabVIEW class type
The attached zip file contains VIs are saved in LabVIEW 8.5. &nbsp; Included in the .zip are three VIs you may find useful when working with LabVIEW classes. - Qualified Name Array To Single String.vi takes a VI's qualified name, given as an array of strings, and converts it to a single colon-delimited string. This VI may be useful for working with VIs owned by any library type, and it is used as a subVI of the other two VIs in this .zip file. - Is This Control Of This LabVIEW Class.vi takes a control refnum and a LabVIEW class refnum and tells whether the control is an instance of the given LabVIEW class. It returns true for regular class controls/indicators and for XControls of the class. - Is This Control Of LabVIEW Object Class.vi is the same as the previous, except it does not take a class refnum for input. LabVIEW Object is the built-in class that is the ancestor of all other LabVIEW classes, and this VI specifically checks to see if the given control is an instance of this class. The second two VIs in this .zip file are both password protected. In a built application, both will return a "not supported" error. &nbsp; Detecting Controls of Specific LVClass Types.zip: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/279037/1/Detecting Controls of Specific LVClass Types.zip I'm seeing an&nbsp;1063 error when I try to use the "Get Control Data Type.vi" on a control extracted from a cluster or an array. The error does not show up if I...

RT Reboot Controller and RT Ping Controllers with PXI-8184 and LabVIEW 7.1
Hi, &nbsp; I?m having problems using RT Reboot Controller and RT Ping Controllers from the Real-Time Utilities palette with LabVIEW 7.1, but only with PXI-8184 controllers.&nbsp; This work fine with PXI-8175. &nbsp; The attached VI will list all the 8175 on the subnet, but none of my 8184.&nbsp; However, I can ping and FTP all my 8184.&nbsp;&nbsp; If Local Subnet? is TRUE, I don?t get any error, but the RT controller doesn?t reboot.&nbsp; If it is FALSE, I get: Error 63 occurred at TCP Open Connection in FPC open connection.vi-&gt;RT Ping Controllers.vi-&gt;MssUT-RebootController.vi.&nbsp;&nbsp;All 8175 and 8184 are on the same subnet and ahve the same IP settings (mask, gateway, DNS server).&nbsp; None of them is locked with a password. &nbsp; What?s wrong with this VI and 8184 controllers?&nbsp; Please don't tell me to upgrade to LabVIEW 8.2, I can't, these systems are under production in 3 sites in 2 countries.&nbsp; We already&nbsp;have&nbsp;16 PXI-8175 deployed that control cars from&nbsp;trains in hump yards. &nbsp; Thanks, &nbsp; Patrick. MssUT-RebootController.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/226896/1/MssUT-RebootController.vi The issue is that the PXI-8184RT was released after LabVIEW RT 7.1. The RT Ping Controllers uses an internal protocol to find ethernet base devices. It is actually used on more than just RT targets as other products like GPIB and Seria...

Control/Indicator descriptions are not imported or checked from LabVIEW to NI RG when they are placed on Tab controls
Hi Allen, I am currently testing Requirements Gateway. As it seems it does not find any controls placed on a tab control to see if it is covered or not. Is there any reason not searching for controls placed on tab controls? We have VIs iterating over complex Front Panel structures to find all controls. Maybe we can add this functionality to NI RG LabVIEW interface. Is there anyone can help in this? Andras ...

How to control Arcus Technology's PMX 2 ED motion controller using labVIEW
Please guide me, for controlling the PMX 2 ED using labVIEW.&nbsp;http://www.arcus-technology.com/pmx-2ed-sa.php?osCsid=4cc1dd9c238572468a87a72d16d7fd93&nbsp;Please let me know if any one has used labVIEW for this before.Thank you.&nbsp; There seem to be USB drivers for that device. Have you installed them? Was there a DLL provided? If so, you can call the DLL functions using Call Library Function. Do they have a software programming manual? Thank you for instant reply. I downloaded the driver. Its not helping to run it using labVIEW. They do not provide DLL. They provide some VI. Its not helping much. Thank you. Well, I don't have the instrument or the drivers so can you provide some details into this VI that they provided? Perhaps if you upload it&nbsp; (assuming the license agreement for the software allows you to do so). Thank you. just few minutes ago I could make the motor run using the VI they have provided. ...

DSC module 7.1 labview 7.1, new controls and functions not showing up in labview
Dear Reader, I have installed labview 7.10 (also tried update to 7.11) and DSC module 7.1 I thought I would get additional functions and controls in labview due to installation of this module, but I do not see addtional controls or functions, althought I have searched for them and set the controls to "advance" etc. Anyone any idea what I have to do. thanks and regards. ...

LabVIEW 8.0 changed a constant that was wired to a Case structure to a hidden control to maintain compatibility with LabVIEW 7.1 and earlier.
Y am i getting this msg? Hi, muks, This happened because "...LabVIEW does not compile code on the block diagram that does not execute. For example, LabVIEW does not compile any code that exists within the inactive subdiagrams of the Conditional Disable structure. In addition, LabVIEW does not compile code within a Case structure that has a constant wired to it that would not execute the case with the code..."In the other words, if you have case structure, which is wired to T/F constant, then prior to version 8.x both cases will be compiled. From version 8.x the only "executed" case will be compiled. So, LabVIEW replaces constant with control for ensure that both cases will be compiled as before. refer to <a href="http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361A-01/lvupgrade/labview_8_0_features/" target="_blank">this document</a> best regards,Andrey. Got it andrey thanx ...

Re: I would like to remotely control a LabVIEW application. Is it possible to create multiple different passwords for different users
Hi there, &nbsp; I tried&nbsp;the Remote Panel Login&nbsp;examples which were attached by Zvezdana S. It works when main.vi running in Labview enviroment. But after I created a executable file of main.vi, it didn't work, the Web Server: Browser Access couldn't be changed from "remote panel loging.vi".&nbsp; BTW, both main.exe and Remote Panel Login,vi run at the same PC. &nbsp; I am confused by ports number, ini file. How could I set port number when they are running at the same PC? When I built the executable file, ini file was built in as a support file...

Re: "Hi,I'm having problems controlling the Agilent E4422B Signal Generator with Labview. When using the Labview driver functions such as initialize instrument I always get an Error -1074135040
Hi, Brooks. Attached please find the files containing all the information concerning my attempt to control the Agilent E4438C. Hope you can make sense of it and help me. &nbsp; Regards isaac nireport.txt: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/191414/1/nireport.txt Capture.spy: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/191414/2/Capture.spy CaptureSpy.doc: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/191414/3/CaptureSpy.doc Hi, If this driver supports multiple instrument models, then you will probably have to set the model in the default settings in MAX. Regards Ray FarmerMessage Edited by...

Control Device with Labview
Hi I work with NRVD Power Meter and I found some drivers for Labview, the only cable I have to connect to my PC is GPIB connection where should I search my device in Labview, a message appears when I open the drivers saying I have a mistaken programing in VISA. I am just now reading the tutorial but I would appreciate help. Let's start with simple steps (basics). To find out if you can communictae with your instrument, I suggest using MAX (Measurement &amp; Automation Explorer).&nbsp; It is typically located Start&gt;Programs&gt;National Instruments&gt;Measurement &amp; Automation. In the configuration browser, click on "Devices and Interfaces".&nbsp; You should see your GPIB card (device).&nbsp;&nbsp; When clicking on "Scan For Instruments", the Power Meter should be listed under it's Address.&nbsp; You can use the "Communicate with Instrument" to see if it responds to simple commands, like *IDN? This would be the first step.&nbsp; Please note the GPIB address, as you will need it later, to communicate to it within LabView. RayR ...

Motion control with labview
Hello, everyone. &nbsp; I'm working on the force feedback control with labview. Two stepper motors are controlled by force feedback of Load cells (target force input by operator). &nbsp; In terms of control the system, can I&nbsp;use "velocity control" to control stepper motor? &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; -&nbsp;I've tried&nbsp;that&nbsp;stepper motors&nbsp;have linear motion to get target force. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; But,&nbsp;I programmed it&nbsp;with repeatation of move&amp;stop motion.&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Two motors check the target force from load cell after every short movement. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The problem is&nbsp;that the delay of signal responses caused with the contol&nbsp;loop. &nbsp; Could you show me any idea&nbsp;for my force feedback control?&nbsp; Hi Ycano,Yes, you can operate your motor in velocity mode by using the Set Operation Mode VI to change it from position mode to velocity.As for your control feedback loop, are you bringing in the feedback from the load cell via a separate DAQ card? If the load cell outputs a voltage in the +/- 10V range (if it's not a current transducer or doesn't require an excitation voltage), you could connect it straight to the analog input on your motion controller and directly implement it in your control loop for your motion controller. ...

Labview and Xbox controller
HiI�m creating an aplication with labview and I need to use a ugitar hero controller or an xbox 360 controller. The controller already works in windows vista but it is recognized as a Human Interface Device HID. I have only use&nbsp; the usb&nbsp; ports in labview as COM (serial) ports and&nbsp; I do not know how to get data from de controller. I need to know the packet the controller or the guitar is sending to the computer.I hope that some one already have a program that can do this or maybe someone has an idea how could I achieve it. Are there any libraries for USB or any tutorials?Thanks Look at the Input Device palette. This should enable you to read from any input device recognized by windows. Regards, Wiebe. ...

Labview resizing control.....
Hello All, &nbsp; I am in the middle of developing an application that will be bundled with our product.&nbsp; I have developed many such applications using visual studio, however this is my first adventure using Labview. &nbsp; As many of you know, one of the most common variables in distributing an application is the und-user screen resolution.&nbsp; With the relatively recent explosion of differing screen resolutions and aspect ratios, making applications resolution independent is even more important than ever.&nbsp; Along with this, giving the customer the ability to resize the appliction at will is a huge benefit.&nbsp; On many occasions I have walked into a customer's site to see my application shrunk down to a corner of the window, where the use can still see it, almost like an indicator. &nbsp; For visual studio, I had purchased a third party control.&nbsp; Plunk the control onto the window (it became invisible at run time) and all of the controls, fonts, etc resized as the screen was resized.&nbsp; When visual studio went to .Net, this particular control&nbsp;no longer worked.&nbsp; I had to evaluate 5 different controls&nbsp;to get one that even came close to working properly, and even then I had to work with support and beta test many versions of that control to get the bugs out.&nbsp; &nbsp; Now I know that Labview has the panel resize options, etc and I have played around with them.&nbsp; However, a...

Control systems in Labview?
I'm completely new to labview and am trying to program a control system for an experimental actuator. I have the Labview Full System package (8.2) and can't seem to figure out how to input a transfer function in the frequency domain into a block diagram. Is this even possible with my package, or do I need to by another palette? Thanks, Brian I think you can achieve this using LabVIEw itself. Or try searching the forums for Control System toolkit. Also, there is a VI in the Analyze --&gt;&gt; Signal Processing --&gt;&gt; Frequency Domain palette. See to it if it can fit your requirement. ...

control labview remotely
I am in the process of designing a home automation software program&nbsp;using labview.&nbsp; I don't know a lot about networking so I need some help.&nbsp; I have digital IO boards that I want to contol a relay bank to control my home equipment, that part I know how to do.&nbsp; Right now I can use remote desktop connection to control my VI running on another computer.&nbsp; What I want is to have one computer running my main program and contolling my digital IOs.&nbsp; I want to be able to see this VI running in real time and contol it from anywhere on any computer which should be possible.&nbsp; I think if I have the main computer be a server computer running server 2003 I think it has its own kind of remote desktop connection.&nbsp; What I don't like about using remote desktop connection is when you log into the other computer it logs that computer off.&nbsp; I want to be able to see what is happening in real time.&nbsp; So I could be standing beside the server computer running the VI and log onto it with my wireless laptop and watch live as I turn on different digital outputs.&nbsp; Does this seem possible?&nbsp; I know of a guy that was really good with PLCs and he had PLCs running his entire house with live video and&nbsp;everything.&nbsp; He could get online and control the PLC from anywhere in the world.&nbsp; He is from Ohio teaching a class in St. Louis and he logged onto his computer in Ohio and c...

how to control servo with labview
Hi, &nbsp; I had been given 3 parallax servo motor and i need to control it with data acquistion CF-6004 on&nbsp;Toshiba e800 Pocket PC.&nbsp; The question is do i need extra hardware for the servo motor and data acquisition? I'm new with the things here...anyone kindly&nbsp;direct me to the right course.&nbsp; &nbsp; Thanks. Hi, &nbsp; I had read through all the links u send me and had installed all the driver for it. can u simply describe about DIO and Pulse width modulation&nbsp;and a sample of vi. that perform the same task as a reference for me? &nbsp; Thanks. &nbsp; ...

LabVIEW to control a PLC
So on the NI website there is a lot of white papers talking about how it is easy to integrate LabVIEW into an existing control system. I have yet to see anything good examples of this though. I am wondering if anyone out there has used LabVIEW as a build on to an existing control system using mainstream PLCs such as GE 90-30s or VIPA (Siemens) or AB. Then were you able to remove out the standard ladder logic program and use the PLC as a central control for the I/O and thus have LabVIEW do the thinking, be it in a PC or an embedded controller. ...

Stepper control with labview
Hello again, Im developing a project with a lazer pointer attached to a stepper motor, my program allows me enter a value and make the stepper&nbsp; "step" a certain amount of times .This works ok but I have to stop the program running and start again in order to make the stepper step again.Is there a way that I can enter a value to make the motor rotate then enter another value to make it rotate again without stopping and starting the program. Ive attached my vi &nbsp; any input is much appreciated:smileywink: jonnystepper.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/196279/1/jonnystepper.vi You could use the auto-indexing feature, to work through an array of step-indices. See the attached example. The auto-index feature will step through all elements you put into the array-control automatically inside the for-loop. &nbsp; Hope this helps! jonnystepper2.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/196473/1/jonnystepper2.vi The vi you sent me wont open..???? not sure if aoto-indexing will work because my program already allows me to control the number of steps,ive tested it my motor and its fine, the problem im having is if I get it to step say 24 times and I then want it to step 48 times I must stop the program enter the new value and start it again. I want to be able to do this without stopping and starting the program. Thanks for help, could you post jonystepper2 again if its not to much bother cheers:smileyhappy: I went to another lab that has v...

Web resources about - How to easily control multiple controls in labview - comp.lang.labview

Code division multiple access - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Code division multiple access ( CDMA ) is a channel access method used by various radio communication technologies. It should not be confused ...

Multiple shooting in Pittsburgh, suspects still at large - AdelaideNow Search Search
POLICE are hunting two suspects after at least five people were killed and several more wounded in a multiple shooting at a backyard party in ...

Multiple shooting in Pittsburgh, suspects still at large - The Courier-Mail Search Search
POLICE are hunting two suspects after at least five people were killed and several more wounded in a multiple shooting at a backyard party in ...

Five-car pile-up leaves multiple people in hospital
Five people were taken to hospital&nbsp;following a five car pile up in Canley Vale in Sydney's west on Thursday.

Newly released multiple angle video and photos show Google’s self-driving car accident [Video]
A new video with multiple angles and new pictures of the Google’s self-driving car hitting a bus last week and its aftermath have been released ...

Multiple iOS apps found to be harvesting Snapchat user credentials
... them and change their passwords on the social media platform as soon as possible. New discoveries revealed today point to the fact that multiple ...

Choetech 6 port USB charger: The quick way to charge multiple devices
Having multiple mobile devices is great. Charging them? Not so much. If you need to top the battery on a few smartphones and tablets at the same ...

Science Says: Video Games May Improve Cognitive Abilities In Multiple Sclerosis Patients
... a newly published study claims that some video games may actually be helpful for the more than 2 million people around the world with Multiple ...

Cruz Finance Team Member Had Multiple Conflicts Of Interest In 1980s Loan Scandal
Cruz Finance Team Member Had Multiple Conflicts Of Interest In 1980s Loan Scandal