How to find New File,Write file and close file?

Hi
Anyone can show me how to find New File,Write File and close file in block diagram.The picture of file names are as show in pics.
Thanks

Nyan Lin

File find.JPG:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/322096/1/File find.JPG
0
x9561 (148440)

Hi.
The functions You're looking for are under "File I/O --> Advanced File Functions" (At least the NEW File)
The 2 others are in the "File I/O" menu on the functions palette.
Good luck.Message Edited by BCL@Servodan on 05-08-2008  03:38 AM
0
x9561 (148440)
5/8/2008 8:40:15 AM
Hi
I can't find  my files at Advanced file functions that which u say..
I am using LabVIEW PDA Module Version 8.5.So is there any concern with version?

Thanks for ur reply
Best Regards
NyanLin
0
x9561 (148440)
5/8/2008 9:10:10 AM
Dear <a href="mailto:BCL@Servo" target="_blank">BCL@Servo</a>,
Please give a screenshot.
&nbsp;
Thanks,
Mathan
0
x9561 (148440)
5/8/2008 9:10:10 AM
Hi again.
My mistake. I was looking in my LabView7.
In 8.5.1 the Icons have changed........
I cannot give a screenshot of the 8.5.1, as it is on&nbsp;another PC, but the function is called Open/Create/Replace File, Write text to file and Close file.
They are in the "Programming --&gt; File I/O" palette.
Sorry for the inconvienience.
&nbsp;
0
x9561 (148440)
5/8/2008 9:10:10 AM
Here a screenshot in LV8.5 of what <a href="mailto:BCL@Servo" target="_blank">BCL@Servo</a> told.
Right click anywhere on block diagram window, click on the Floppy symbol in programming menu named File I/O. there everything u need will be there.
Hope this helps.
Thanks,
MathanMessage Edited by mathan on 05-08-2008  04:07 AM

untitled1.PNG:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/322111/1/untitled1.PNG
0
x9561 (148440)
5/8/2008 9:10:11 AM
Hi Mathan.
Thanks for helping me out here......As i said i havn't got acces to a LV8.5.1 right now.....
So, Nice of You posting the screenshot.....:smileyhappy:
0
x9561 (148440)
5/8/2008 9:10:12 AM
Dear <a href="mailto:BCL@Servo" target="_blank">BCL@Servo</a>,
&nbsp;
Don't say thanks. Its our duty to help people. That's why forum is there. Even i got lot of useful things from this forum. So i have to do a lot for this forum.
&nbsp;
Regards,
Mathan
0
x9561 (148440)
5/8/2008 9:40:04 AM
Hi BCL
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I found it.Thanks a lot for ur help
&nbsp;
with best regards
Nyan Lin
0
x9561 (148440)
5/8/2008 9:40:07 AM
mathan wrote:
Don't say thanks. Its our duty to help people.

I didn't realize that it was our "duty"..&nbsp; :o
&nbsp;
Most of us do it because we enjoy LabVIEW and helping others.&nbsp; And we do it out of freewill.&nbsp; Not duty..&nbsp; ;)
&nbsp;
0
x9561 (148440)
5/8/2008 12:40:06 PM
Hi All,
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I am using LabVIEW version 8.5.I am doing the tutorial&nbsp;release notes&nbsp;of labVIEW version 8.2.I found that some functions from 8.2 and 8.5 is&nbsp;&nbsp;is not same.I found difficulties for drawing block diagram in tutorial.so anyone can show me what difference.?the function that i can't find is as shown in pic. Thanks all for your help
Best Regards
Nyan Lin

find VIs.JPG:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/322459/1/find VIs.JPG
0
x9561 (148440)
5/9/2008 7:10:05 AM
Hi Nyan, that's a "Unbundle by name" found in the clusters palette...
0
x9561 (148440)
5/9/2008 7:40:06 AM
Hi Sir
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Thanks for helping me and solve my problem.If you don't mind,please help me find another funcions also.The function that i want to know is as shown in fig.I am a new user of LabVIEWand all the keywords and functions is not use to it for me yet.So please help me sir,
&nbsp;
thanks a lot for ur help
&nbsp;
&nbsp;
with regards
Nyan Lin

find VIs1.JPG:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/322472/1/find VIs1.JPG
0
x9561 (148440)
5/9/2008 8:10:06 AM
Hi Nyan Lin,
you can right click on the connector of your vi and select create -&gt; constant, control or indicator. The color of the error cluster has changed in LV8.
Hope this helps.
Mike
0
x9561 (148440)
5/9/2008 8:10:07 AM
Hi Sir
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; After i draw finish my block diagram,i can't connect wire connect from boolean V to&nbsp;event structure.And I can't put label on top of
the sampling info.The correct block diagram and my block diagram is as shown in figs.Please help me check what wrongs with my diagram.
Thanks for your help
&nbsp;
Best Regards
Nyan Lin

correct blockdiagram.JPG:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/322484/1/correct blockdiagram.JPG

Error3.JPG:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/322484/2/Error3.JPG
0
x9561 (148440)
5/9/2008 8:40:06 AM
Hi Nyan Lin,
in the original picture is another event case, maybe with a stop event. So add this event to your event structure and connect a boolean control to it.
Mike
0
x9561 (148440)
5/9/2008 8:40:06 AM
Hai,
Just right click on the event structure tunnel border and select "use default if unwired"
Hope it helps
Mathan
0
x9561 (148440)
5/9/2008 8:40:07 AM
Hi mathan,
this is not necessary on an event structure. Use "default if unwired" is default on an event structure. :smileyhappy: The problem here is that there is nothing connected to this output.
Mike
0
x9561 (148440)
5/9/2008 9:10:06 AM
mathan wrote:

Hai,
Just right click on the event structure tunnel border and select "use default if unwired"
Hope it helps
Mathan

Just and additional comment:&nbsp; &nbsp;It is a&nbsp;better practice to wire across each case of an event structure when it goes to a shift register.&nbsp; For instance the default value for a numeric is 0 while it is FALSE for a boolean.&nbsp; If you use the default values as sugested and that event case runs, it will reset the value in your value in the shift register.&nbsp; Unless that is what you want to do.&nbsp; If it is, then place a comment that says "this even resets the value".&nbsp; But as normal practice, don't use default values arbitrarily because it will affect the outcome of running your VI.
In the particular case where it is to stop the application (or loop),&nbsp; which is based on something like a STOP button (and other cases, such as an error), then as mentionned, it is ok to use the defaut value instead of having lots of FALSE constants (and wires)..&nbsp; :)
Just wanted to make it clear that it is ok&nbsp;in this case, but not for everything.. :)Message Edited by JoeLabView on 05-09-2008  08:20 AM
0
x9561 (148440)