How to get the name of selected table in MS access

I am using MS access database.

If I select any particular table in access DB, is it possible to get that table name in Labview?

In short, I want to display the name of table which is selected in Access on front panel.

 Also, same way I want to display the name of field in table, selected in DB.

Is it practically possible??

Thanks for ur help in advance
0
x9561 (148442)

How to get table names from ms access(mdb file) by using odbc library.
Hi. I am writing a c++ program get the data from mdb file using odbc library. By the way, I couldn't get table list from mdb file. i goolgled it up little bit, what i found is only using the ADO(or OLE i'm not sure) library and "SELECT Name FROM MSysObjects WHERE Type In (1,4,6) AND Left([Name], 4)<>"MSYS" this query. i already wrote a lot of part of this program so i don't want to switch database library. And the query gives "no read permission on 'MSysObjects' " error message. If you know how to get the table list from a mdb file by usin...

Re: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name
i am not sure if SAS will support long file name if you use libname. a workaround is to use passthrough. On Jan 16, 2008 12:31 PM, JKamgang@Yahoo.com <JBKamgang@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear All, > > > > Happy New Year , > > > > Please, I need your help in figuring out how to access in SAS a MS > Access > table name which has more than 32 characters. As this program merges 5 > databases, I need to have almost everything automated. That's why I > don't want to rename manually the table names. > > > > Please find the program below. > > > > Thanks in advance for your kind assistance, > > > > Jean Baptiste > > > > The program: > > - - - > > > > options VALIDVARNAME=ANY ; > > libname DBsource access 'S:\Data > Management\External\Projects\MTCT-Plus\MTCT-Plus November 2007 > Data\Programs\Data\MTCT-PlusData All.mdb'; > > /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ > > > > data* pedResultadd ; > > set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional'n (keep = > > testid studyid labid i2 i2_da i2_mo i2_yr i2a i2b i2text > > ); > * > > run*; > > - - - The log - - > > 1636 > > 1637 /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ > > 1638 > > 1639 data pedResultadd ; > > 1640 set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional...

How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name which has more than 32 characters?
Dear All, Happy New Year , Please, I need your help in figuring out how to access in SAS a MS Access table name which has more than 32 characters. As this program merges 5 databases, I need to have almost everything automated. That's why I don't want to rename manually the table names. Please find the program below. Thanks in advance for your kind assistance, Jean Baptiste The program: - - - options VALIDVARNAME=ANY ; libname DBsource access 'S:\Data Management\External\Projects\MTCT-Plus\MTCT-Plus November 2007 Data\Programs\Data\MTCT-PlusData All.mdb'; /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ data* pedResultadd ; set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional'n (keep = testid studyid labid i2 i2_da i2_mo i2_yr i2a i2b i2text ); * run*; - - - The log - - 1636 1637 /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ 1638 1639 data pedResultadd ; 1640 set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional'n (keep = --------------------------------------------- 211 ERROR 211-185: Invalid data set name. 1641 1642 testid studyid labid i2 i2_da i2_mo i2_yr i2a i2b i2text 1643 ); Jean Baptiste, --- Jean Baptiste KAMGANG, Lead Data Manager - CDC Cameroon US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Mutengene, SouthWest Province Cameroon, Africa E mail: JBKamgang@cm.cdc.gov. Tel: + 237 3 335 1690 Fax: + 237 3 335 1692 Cell: + 237 9 984 79 14 --- .. Ca...

Re: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name #2
Hi Jean, It looks like your problem is that you've got a quote in a table name: Additional'n=20 If it is possible to rename that table, that might work. =20 Also, if you use the import feature in SAS, it will write code for you = that you can save and put in a program- you might try that to see if it = can handle this kind of file name. I'd rename the table in Access, = though- a quote in a table name is likely to contiously cause you = problems. -Mary ----- Original Message -----=20 From: JKamgang@Yahoo.com=20 To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU=20 Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 11:31 AM Subject: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name = which has more than 32 characters? Dear All, Happy New Year , Please, I need your help in figuring out how to access in SAS a MS Access table name which has more than 32 characters. As this program merges 5 databases, I need to have almost everything automated. That's why I don't want to rename manually the table names. Please find the program below. Thanks in advance for your kind assistance, Jean Baptiste The program: - - - options VALIDVARNAME=3DANY ; libname DBsource access 'S:\Data Management\External\Projects\MTCT-Plus\MTCT-Plus November 2007 Data\Programs\Data\MTCT-PlusData All.mdb'; /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ data* pedResultadd ; set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTest...

Re: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name #3
Jean - Unfortunately you are stuck - SAS only allows dataset names up to 32 bytes long - using name literals or conventional names. Defining short-named queries of your tables within MSAccess is a very good idea. The SAS libname engine will read the queries as tables and it doesn't necessitate changing your table names. Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of JKamgang@Yahoo.com Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 9:32 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name which has more than 32 characters? Dear All, Happy New Year , Please, I need your help in figuring out how to access in SAS a MS Access table name which has more than 32 characters. As this program merges 5 databases, I need to have almost everything automated. That's why I don't want to rename manually the table names. Please find the program below. Thanks in advance for your kind assistance, Jean Baptiste The program: - - - options VALIDVARNAME=ANY ; libname DBsource access 'S:\Data Management\External\Projects\MTCT-Plus\MTCT-Plus November 2007 Data\Programs\Data\MTCT-PlusData All.mdb'; /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ data* pedResultadd ; set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional'n (keep = testid studyid labid i2 i2_da i2_mo i2_yr i2a i2b i2text ); * run...

Spaces in MS Access table name
Hi all, I need to use some data stored in a MS Access table, so I am using a libname to connect to it (example: "libname mydb odbc dsn = myaccessdb;") That works fine but I have no idea how to use the table because of the spaces in the name ("tbl my access table"). I know SAS is going to "create" its own name for the table but how do I find out what that name is? I've tried looking the properties in the explorer window and proc datasets but all I see is the name with the space, which I know won't work. Renaming the table in access is not an option so I need to figure out how to handle it in SAS. (I'm using 9.2 for windows) Thanks! SB I believe its something like this. data sasset ; set 'access table with spaces'n ; run; Ray Wallace Institutional Research Washington State University On Feb 17, 8:30=A0am, SB <shannon.blu...@us.ngrid.com> wrote: > Hi all, > I need to use some data stored in a MS Access table, so I am using a > libname to connect to it (example: "libname mydb odbc dsn =3D > myaccessdb;") =A0That works fine but I have no idea how to use the table > because of the spaces in the name ("tbl my access table"). =A0I know SAS > is going to "create" its own name for the table but how do I find out > what that name is? =A0I've tried looking the properties in the explorer > window and proc datasets but all I see is the name with the space, > whi...

How to get name of the actual selected table
Hello, is there a way to find out the name of the of the currently selected area ? I know that select() returns the number, and alias returns the alias, but i must be sure that I get the real name and not the alias. Thanks Andreas Andreas If you don't supply the ALIAS when you open the DBF then the Filename is the ALIAS (sans '.DBF'). So you might do cFile := ALIAS() IF File( cFile + '.DBF' ) // Exists ENDIF Other than that you might look at the RDD API to see if the filename is stored in one of the structures. Just had a look (RDD.API) and it'...

Re: Spaces in MS Access table name
Say you have a dataset named: My Dataset You can access it with: 'My Dataset'n so, in this case it would be mydb.'My Dataset'n This is necessary in Excel libname all of the time ($ is at the end of all sheet names). Or, my preferred option, berate the client/coworker who gave you the badly named access table until they promise never to do so again ... :) -Joe On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 10:30 AM, SB <shannon.blumer@us.ngrid.com> wrote: > Hi all, > I need to use some data stored in a MS Access table, so I am using a > libname to connect to it (example: "libname mydb odbc dsn = > myaccessdb;") That works fine but I have no idea how to use the table > because of the spaces in the name ("tbl my access table"). I know SAS > is going to "create" its own name for the table but how do I find out > what that name is? I've tried looking the properties in the explorer > window and proc datasets but all I see is the name with the space, > which I know won't work. Renaming the table in access is not an > option so I need to figure out how to handle it in SAS. (I'm using > 9.2 for windows) > > Thanks! > SB > ...

Re: Spaces in MS Access table name #2
Hi SB, I haven't tried this for a few years, but if I recall you can use the string literal syntax in SAS such as: 'tbl my access table'n in the SAS code to include the embedded spaces. Hope this is helpful. Mark Terjeson Senior Programmer Analyst Investment Management & Research Russell Investments 253-439-2367 Russell Global Leaders in Multi-Manager Investing -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of SB Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 8:31 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Spaces in MS Access table name Hi all, I need to use some data stored in a MS Access table, so I am using a libname to connect to it (example: "libname mydb odbc dsn = myaccessdb;") That works fine but I have no idea how to use the table because of the spaces in the name ("tbl my access table"). I know SAS is going to "create" its own name for the table but how do I find out what that name is? I've tried looking the properties in the explorer window and proc datasets but all I see is the name with the space, which I know won't work. Renaming the table in access is not an option so I need to figure out how to handle it in SAS. (I'm using 9.2 for windows) Thanks! SB ...

Problem getting the GUI to import and save a table to a specific name so that my program can call the same name for any imported table
Hi everyone, I have a problem about loading a table that the user has picked. Basically, my GUI has an option to input a table of data to be used in my program. I initially thought that I could get the user to enter the address of the table and then I would use the following code in my program: > tabaddress = get(handle.tabaddress,'String') > table = importdata(tabaddress) I don't know why this wont work? because I have made sure that tabaddress is stored by the user, to start and end with an inverted comma. I then thought perhaps it would be better to just have a uiimpor...

Accessing Oracle Tables from MS Access
How difficult is this? I'm having a tough time getting a simple select to work. I am using MS Access 2002 and Windows XP. What do I have to do to make a simple select statement like this work: select id from emp I have stumbled upon many websites although none straight to the point. Any help in how to get this done, or pointing me in the right direction of a book or website, would be greatly appreciated! berj Yes, I do have the table links working. But I did want to run the select for such things as grabbing the next number off of a sequence. As in: select test.nextval fro...

A Python way to get MS Access table column information?
Using Python and OBDC in MS-Access DBs. So, I'm able to run SQL statements from Python on an Access DB. Is there an SQL statement that will give me column information? For a table I want to know the data type and of course colum/Attribute name for each column. So far the answer has been "no". VB or some other tool is needed to do that I'm told. Using just Python and OBDC is there a way? Maybe Win32com? Thanks goldtech wrote: > Using Python and OBDC in MS-Access DBs. So, I'm able to run SQL > statements from Python on an Access DB. > > Is there an SQL statement that will give me column information? For a > table I want to know the data type and of course colum/Attribute name > for each column. > > So far the answer has been "no". VB or some other tool is needed to do > that I'm told. Who said that? Did you check the cursor objects description-property, as described in http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0249/ That at least for other DBs gives the needed info, and it seems it's required. Diez On 2007-10-15 17:16, goldtech wrote: > Using Python and OBDC in MS-Access DBs. So, I'm able to run SQL > statements from Python on an Access DB. > > Is there an SQL statement that will give me column information? For a > table I want to know the data type and of course colum/Attribute name > for each column. > > So far the answer has been "no". VB or some other tool is n...

Update MS Access table from another table
This is probably very simple but I can't figure out a way to update one table from another table. Here is an example: ------ TABLEA ------ first_name last_name grade ------ TABLEB ------ first_name last_name grade I want to update TABLEB's "grade" column from TABLEA (join by first_name and last_name). What's wrong with following sql? UPDATE TABLEB SET GRADE = (SELECT GRADE FROM TABLEA WHERE TABLEA.LAST_NAME = TABLEB.LAST_NAME AND TABLEA.FIRST_NAME = TABLEB.FIRST_NAME) Also, one more question: How do I update TABLE's &quo...

I get ODBC Timeout (#0) just trying to open a linked table in MS Access 2003 arghghghgh!!!
any idea how i can by pass this error , i need to plugin a SQL vew & create a query using Access. Running the vew in SQL returns 19458 rows ... i keep getting ODBC timeout errors when trying to do anything with this linked table.. help?! ...

How to get Graphs from MS Access and use them in MS Powerpoint
Is there any easy way how to use graphs created in MS Access 2000 in Powerpoint?Especially when I need to use about 20 of them. Is there any development in Office 2003? Oskar *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! Instead of creating the graphs in Access, perhaps you should use vba either (a) to open Powerpoint from within Access and create the graph by pushing data into a Powerpoint template of your own design or (b) start Powerpoint and open the Access database in code and pull the data into a graph. Eith...

Get all child table and key names of a parent table
select stab.tabname Parent, scol.colname Primary_key, sstab.tabname Child, sscol.colname Child_key from syscolumns scol, syscolumns sscol, sysindexes sind, sysindexes ssind, sysconstraints scon, sysconstraints sscon, systables stab, systables sstab, sysreferences sref where scol.tabid=sind.tabid and scol.colno = sind.part1 and sind.idxname=scon.idxname and stab.tabid=scon.tabid and sstab.tabid=sscon.tabid and sscol.tabid = ssind.tabid and (sscol.colno = ssind.part1 or sscol.colno = ssind.part2) and sscon.idxname=ssind.idxname and sref.constrid=sscon.constrid and stab.tabid=sref.ptabid and stab.tabname='ParentTableName' above query works gr8 when single column primary key in Parent table, but when there is two or morecolumn primary key it does not gives right ans. plz try to solve.. "Kuldeep" <kuldeepchitrakar@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1144752804.917120.279890@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > select stab.tabname Parent, > scol.colname Primary_key, > sstab.tabname Child, > sscol.colname Child_key > from syscolumns scol, > syscolumns sscol, > sysindexes sind, > sysindexes ssind, > sysconstraints scon, > sysconstraints sscon, > systables stab, > systables sstab, > sysreferen...

How to access MS-Access metadata tables (eg MSysObjects)
Dear all, I have an MS-Access MDB-file with hundreds of tables and want to know when they were created and/or modified. The MS-Access metadata table MSySObjects includes this information, but I have not managed to read it from SAS. (CLI describe error tells me that I have no reading access) --> Does anybody have a working code example for this? I have tried the libname ACCESS and Libname ODBC variants. Regards Dietrich -- DIETRICH ALTE, Dipl.-Statistiker, Dr. rer. med. Wiss. Projektmanager "Study of Health in Pomerania (SHIP)" Institut f�r Community Medicine - SHIP/KEF EMA-Universit�t Greifswald - Medizinische Fakult�t Walther-Rathenau-Str. 48, D-17475 Greifswald, Germany URL ship.community-medicine.de Phone ++49(0)3834-867713, Fax ++49(0)3834-866684 ...

How can I get data from Access Queries instead of Access Tables?
I can get data from Microsoft Access Tables in Labview using DSN, but can not get it from Access Queries? Does anybody know what the difference is? Thanks. ...

Re: How to access MS-Access metadata tables (eg MSysObjects)
The answer is given here: Problem Note 7495: No read permission on System Tables when using SAS/ACCESS Interface to ODBC with a Microsoft Access ODBC Driver http://support.sas.com/kb/7/495.html Regards Dietrich Dietrich Alte schrieb: > Dear all, > > I have an MS-Access MDB-file with hundreds of tables and want to know > when they were created and/or modified. > The MS-Access metadata table MSySObjects includes this information, > but I have not managed to read it from SAS. > (CLI describe error tells me that I have no reading access) > --> Does anybody have a working code example for this? > I have tried the libname ACCESS and Libname ODBC variants. > > Regards > > Dietrich > -- DIETRICH ALTE, Dipl.-Statistiker, Dr. rer. med. Wiss. Projektmanager "Study of Health in Pomerania (SHIP)" Institut f�r Community Medicine - SHIP/KEF EMA-Universit�t Greifswald - Medizinische Fakult�t Walther-Rathenau-Str. 48, D-17475 Greifswald, Germany URL ship.community-medicine.de Phone ++49(0)3834-867713, Fax ++49(0)3834-866684 ...

How do I select an item form the combobox and get the new selected name and value
Hi, I am using bryan oakley's combo box.. veresion 2.3 Here is the requirement that needs to be implemented: After a particular item is selected from the combobox, the selected name and value needs to sent to the backend. Note that i want to send the name and value only after i select a particular item. But not for the default values which are used for the initial display Please let me how i should implement this functionality. here is the code snippet : "listbox" { set l + set name [ exec echo $ParamName | /bin/sed {s/^[ \t]*//} ] regsub -all "{" $name "" listbox_var1 regsub -all "}" $listbox_var1 "" listbox_var2 regsub -all {[{ }]} $listbox_var2 "_" name set valu4 "" lappend valu4 $tree_label_1 lappend valu4 $listbox_var2 regsub -all "{" $valu4 "" listbox_var3 regsub -all "}" $listbox_var3 "" valu4 frame $fr1.lbfr$name -bd 2 label $fr1.lbfr$name.label$name \ -anchor w \ -justify left \ -font $font \ -text $valu4 combobox $fr1.lbfr$name.combobox$l$Layer$l$name \ -editable false \ -commandstate normal \ -width 22 \ -value $Value menubutton $fr1.lbfr$name.mb$name \ -menu $fr1.lbfr$name.mb$name.m$row1 \ -borderwidth 2 \ ...

access newbie- how to modify datasource name in MS Access 97 app?
I have an old MS Access 97 application that we're converting to a web-based app. I completed the necessary mods on the original product, but need to point to a test database. The app uses a machine datasource that uses Oracle 7.3 drivers- some 5 years old- I created a new datasource that works great, but am having trouble identifying where Access 97 stores the datasource name information. please post here, THANKS! Don Not sure how you're going to make an Access application web-bases, but... Have you tried using the Linked Tables Manager to point to your new datasource? "D...

Select from a access table
I am looking for a way to select some data from a Access database into my SQL database. In Enterprise manager, I want to do someting like: SELECT InvoiceNo, CID FROM c:\MyAccessDatabase.mdb\CIDTable WHERE Imported=0 Create a linked server using the OLE DB Provider for Jet and then you can query all Access tables: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa172697(SQL.80).aspx HTH, Plamen Ratchev http://www.SQLStudio.com On Jun 13, 6:35=A0am, "frank" <frank...@online.no> wrote: > I am looking for a way to select some data from a Access database into my > SQL dat...

Web resources about - How to get the name of selected table in MS access - comp.lang.labview

Portal:Bollywood/Selected biography - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Write three or four paragraphs in the text field using information from the selected notable article, you may find it useful to examine the existing ...

F8: Facebook’s FbStart Initiative Will Give Selected Developers A $30K Kick-Start
... successful applications is likely a whole lot easier with $30,000 in free tools and services to start off with, and that’s exactly what selected ...

LEGO Shop - The LEGO Technic team has selected the winner... - Facebook
The LEGO Technic team has selected the winner of the Co-Creation Challenge! LEGO will be producing a limited run of 20,000 of this stunning set.... ...

Grand Doctor Ma Selected Students-baby365 on the App Store on iTunes
Get Grand Doctor Ma Selected Students-baby365 on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Selected Cheney Vice Presidential Photographs
... for photos found within these albums are Paul Morse, Karen Ballard, Kimberlee Hewitt, Shealah Craighead, and Chris Greenberg. These selected ...

[iOS Advice] How To Clarify Your Email Replies By Quoting Selected Text - YouTube
Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macmixing Like my Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/macmixing RATE, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE! :-) ...

UAE Under-19 cricketers for ACC Premier League tour of Malaysia selected - The National
Coach Aaqib Javed seeking fresh blood for senior team after missing out on World Twenty20

Animal of the Day: Lucius Has Been Selected as the U.K.’s ‘Happiest Cat’
He’s got one blue eye, one green eye and a heart of gold. British mobile phone company O2 recently held some “cat auditions” to find “the UK’s ...

Australian director Sue Brooks 'gobsmacked' as Looking for Grace selected for Venice Film Festival competition ...
... filmmaker Sue Brooks says she is "gobsmacked". Her drama Looking For Grace , shot in the Western Australian wheat belt, has been selected for ...

Three Canberra products selected in AFL state combines
Belconnen junior Chris Jansen has been selected in South Australia's state AFL combine.