How to open external program (non LV) in LabView 7.1?

Is there a way to open an external program which is not labview related within labview 7.1?

For example:
Can i open software which watchs a ccd camera from labview?

(I'm trying to find ways around having to program more than i need to.....)

Oh, and btw thanks to everyone who helped me with my dynamic menu problems.... i have all my menus working now and generating dynamically throughout the program! YAY!

thanks,

jonathan
0
x9561 (148439)

Use System Exec.vi
Function palette => communication => System Exec.vi

0
x9561 (148439)

open file that created on LabVIEW 7.0 EXPREES with LabVIEW 7.1 version
hi all, why i can't open file that open/modified LabVIEW 7.0 EXPREES&nbsp;, in version&nbsp;&nbsp;LabVIEW 7.1 ? &nbsp; thank's all&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; :) yes the file is *.vi&nbsp;.&nbsp;&nbsp;tha file contain blok diagram. the that i get is :ERROR.jpg (i even can't open file in this porum: <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=206190&amp;query.id=195707#M206190" target="_blank">http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=206190&amp;query.id=195707#M206190</a> thank's ERROR.jpg: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/209957/1/ERROR.jpg Dennis,&nbsp; please tell me how i can to save file on LabVieo 7.1&nbsp; that will open on LabVIEW 7 express ? which action i need to do ? ...

Is LabVIEW 7.1 Aug2005 identical to LabView 7.1 May2005?
I am attempting to have a coworker at a remote site set up their PC with the exact same software as one that I have here.&nbsp; I used the August 2005 CDs from Developer Suite.&nbsp; My coworker tells me that he has the TestStand 3.1, and the Device Driver CDs from the Aug2005 Dev Suite shipment, but he can only find LabView 7.1 from the May2005 delivery. &nbsp; I would like to safely&nbsp;assume that LabView 7.1 is LabView 7.1, regardless of whether it was shipped in May or August, but it is really important to me to make absolutely sure that we end up with the same software v...

DSC module 7.1 labview 7.1, new controls and functions not showing up in labview
Dear Reader, I have installed labview 7.10 (also tried update to 7.11) and DSC module 7.1 I thought I would get additional functions and controls in labview due to installation of this module, but I do not see addtional controls or functions, althought I have searched for them and set the controls to "advance" etc. Anyone any idea what I have to do. thanks and regards. ...

LabView 6.1 subVIs cannot be opened under 7.1.
Some subVIs written under LabView 6.1 cannot be opened under 7.1 with the argument, that they have no block diagram! Surely they have, and when one tries to open the VI, message for error code 11 appears, and the Vi is left closed. How can be this problem solved? Do you handle images in your VIs No,definitely not! It's certainly possible that they might not have a block diagram. That is an option when saving VIs and often third-party vendors will distribute VIs that way as a security measure. When creating an LLB meant for an executable, the diagram will be removed as well. Where did th...

Can I run a LabVIEW 7.1 Application on a system with LabVIEW 6.1?
The VI App did not run properly, even after I installed the LabVIEW 7.1 Run time engine. Perhpas I need to uninstall the LV 6.1 run time engine? Thank you for any suggestions; perhaps it's something minor that I'm overlooking! Are you talking about a 7.1 exe or VI? An executable will run with 6.1 installed and the 7.1 run-time. A 7.1 VI will only run with 7.1 development system. When you say it did not run properly, what exactly do you mean? I am referring to trying to run a 7.1 EXE application on a system with a resident 6.1 development environment, and the 7.1 run-time engine ins...

Unable to install LV Runtime Engine 7.1.1 with LabVIEW Professional 8.5.1
I installed&nbsp;LabVIEW Professional Sys. for Windows (XP) 8.5 and then the 8.5.1 update. Somewhere in the original installation, LV Run-time Engine 7.1 was installed. But I need LV RTE 7.1.1. So I attempted to install RTE 7.1.1. Problem: The LV RTE installer aborts with the following message: &nbsp; "Installation aborted. Newer version already installed."&nbsp; &nbsp; Why do I need 7.1.1? I must run some commercial LV executables that were compiled with LV 7.1.1 and will not run under 7.1. :smileysad: You may have to uninstall RTE 8.5.1 to proceed with the 7.1.1 install and then reinstall RTE 8.5.1. &nbsp; I hope this helps! Well, I have to correct myself. MAX indicated that LV RTE 7.1 (not 7.1.1) was installed. My complied LV app indicated that 7.1.1 was not installed. I checked Windows Add New Programs and selected "National Instruments Software" I found that LV RTE 7.1.1 was, in fact, installed. So&nbsp;I selected LabVIEW Runtime Engine 7.1.1 and clicked Repair. After rebooting, My app works correctly. Again, MAX incorrectly displays LV RTE 7.1 (not 7.1.1). My app works, so&nbsp;I don't care. :smileyhappy: ...

Bug: Labview doesnt start after Update to LV 7.1.1

Controlling VI Logger 1.1.1 with LabVIEW 7.1
I have LabVIEW 7.1 on my system and installed VI Logger (1.1 them upgraded to 1.1.1). I would like to programatically control VI Logger with LabVIEW. There are references to VIs under the Advanced pallate to do just that, but I cannot find them or any help files to explain what to do. Where do I find these VIs? ...

Trying to use Labview Test Executive with Labview 7.1
I have an old application I wrote in Labview 5.1 using the Test Executive version 5.1.&nbsp; I now need to modify the program slightly for a new product. So far I have done the following: 1. Installed the Test Executive in the Labview 7.1 directory 2. Mass compiled the vi's in the LVEXEC51 folder &nbsp; During the mass compile, I see a number of errors when it tries to compile the vi's in the DATABASE folder. It can't seem to find vi's related to SQL (ie Easy SQL.vi). When I try to run the Test Executive directly from the Operator.llb, I see the following errors: &n...

Labview 7 crashes when opening an earlier Labview version VI
Hello guys. I am using Labview 7 professional edition. The labview crashes when opening an earlier labview version VI. The error message I'm getting is just "Labview has encounted a problem and eneds to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." The VI contains a few Tag SubVIs, and It is written with an earlier version of Labview(BridgeView is what it was called). Do anyone have any ideas that how I can fix this bug? It's going to be a great help. Thank you very much. Hello, &nbsp; LabVIEW should not be crashing in this situation. Now, does this happen for other similar VIs too? It could be possible that a particular VI is corrupt.&nbsp;Also could you post your VI here so that I can try and reproduce the problem at my end. &nbsp; Regards, Chetan K Application Engineering National Instruments &nbsp; ...

How can you simple install the LabVIEW Toolboxes with LabVIEW 7.1
Hello, yesterday was a nice day, I have receved the NI Developer Suite Professional Control Edition with the new LabVIEW 7.1, RT 7.1, DSC 7.1 etc. I still use Labview 7.0 (Developer Suite Professional Control Edition) Unfortunately I can't install the Toolboxes from the toolbox cd into the right directory! Always when I try to install a toolbox, it will be installed into the LabVIEW 7.0 directory. It is not possible to change the directory (exeption: SPC-Toolbox) Even if you change the name of your LabVIEW 7.0 Directory, the toolbox produce a new folder LabVIEW 7.0 and is getting instaled ...

Why multihreaded soft worked under Labview 7 but is slower under Labview 8.2.1
Hello all ! &nbsp; I have a multithreated software developped under Labview 7.0. Under this version, multithreading can be enabled/disabled via the&nbsp;options menu&nbsp;/ performance &amp; disk section. This is not present under Labview 8.2.1. &nbsp; My software works properly under LW7 but is slower under LW8.2.1...how can I configure labview and or my vi&nbsp;to make it running as well as&nbsp;under LW7 ??? Is there a "hidden" option to enable/disable multithreading under LW8.2.1 ?&nbsp; &nbsp; Thank you for your help &nbsp; remi To disable multithreading, add ESys.StdNParallel=0 to the ini file. (See: <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/2F606AD236C606008625718E00561A62?OpenDocument" target="_blank">http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/2F606AD236C606008625718E00561A62?OpenDocument</a>) However, it is not celar that this is the problem. Did you save the entire hierachy under 8.2.1 after conversion (of course after making sutable backup copines of the 7.0 version ;)). Freshly converted, but not yet saved code runs typically much slower. Also, what do you mean by "slower" 10% slower, 10x slower? How do you measure speed? Thanks for your quick answer altenbach. The tips given at this link will really be useful to me! It seems that I made a wrong conversion of the files...fortunately I made suitable backup of the 7.0 version :smileywink:. I will investigate mor...

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #2
Hi, &nbsp; I'm using a VI on a two photon microscope. It steers the laser beam in the sample (quite the same way as a TV scan, scanning a fast line on the X axis, then moving the line down)&nbsp;controlling two mirrors by the&nbsp;PCI-MIO-16E-4 Multifunctions card&nbsp;on traditional DAQ and at the same time it serves as the acquitision through a non-NI DSP Multifunction-board with on-board buffers and hight data throughput (70 Mb/s). &nbsp; It is this part of the program which gives us strong headaches since we have upgraded to a new PC. On the old machine we used Win...

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #3
Hi, &nbsp; I'm using a VI on a two photon microscope. It steers the laser beam in the sample (quite the same way as a TV scan, scanning a fast line on the X axis, then moving the line down)&nbsp;controlling two mirrors by the&nbsp;PCI-MIO-16E-4 Multifunctions card&nbsp;on traditional DAQ and at the same time it serves as the acquitision through a non-NI DSP Multifunction-board with on-board buffers and hight data throughput (70 Mb/s). &nbsp; It is this part of the program which gives us strong headaches since we have upgraded to a new PC. On the old machine we used Win...

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #4
Hi, &nbsp; I'm using a VI on a two photon microscope. It steers the laser beam in the sample (quite the same way as a TV scan, scanning a fast line on the X axis, then moving the line down)&nbsp;controlling two mirrors by the&nbsp;PCI-MIO-16E-4 Multifunctions card&nbsp;on traditional DAQ and at the same time it serves as the acquitision through a non-NI DSP Multifunction-board with on-board buffers and hight data throughput (70 Mb/s). &nbsp; It is this part of the program which gives us strong headaches since we have upgraded to a new PC. On the old machine we used Win...

Would a LabVIEW 8.5 Executable play nice with LabVIEW 7.1 Development on the Same System?
Our testing computer right now just has the user&nbsp;run the corresponding .vi file since we have LabVIEW 7.1 installed on the computer. &nbsp; If I use 8.5 to compile this .vi to an executable, I realize that I must install the run-time support for 8.5.&nbsp; My question is what effect will installing the 8.5 run-time have on the ability to continue to run the other 7.1 VIs with LabVIEW 7.1.&nbsp; &nbsp; Should I be concerned with losing MAX settings when installing the run-time support for 8.5? I want to be able to run 8.5 executables but also able to open up a 7.1 .vi file in LabVIEW 7.1 and run it that way also. &nbsp; Thanks for your help! I have 8.5 on my system and the idea is to slowly replace the running of the .vi files with .exe files, I was just curious in case my .exe doesn't work I can still run the tests with .vi in the mean time. &nbsp; Thanks for your help folks! &nbsp; ...

Labview 7.1.1 Errors
I am using the version 7.1.1 of LV and LV RT, i am programming a cFP-2020. &nbsp; &nbsp; Labview&nbsp;keeps crashing and losing the connection with the remote target (cFP), i am attaching a file containing all the error logs generated by LV, i never got this problem with earlier versions of LV i think this may be some kind of bug plase let me know how can i fix it. &nbsp; By the way my PC is a PIV @3 GHZ , 1 GB of RAM running WinXP SP2 &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; ...

LabView 7.1 and MATLAB 7
LabView 7.1 hangs when I try to send variable to MATLAB 7 workspace using standart LabView to MATLAB script. Nothing appears in MATLAB 7 workspace. When I tried to run the MATLAB Script-Fractal.vi (MATLAB script node has only outputs) from examples directory - everything work fine. When I run the MATLAB Script - Lorenz Diff Eq.vi from examples - error message appears:"Error 1047 occurred at LabVIEW: LabVIEW failed to send variable to the script server. Server:"Inappropriate input array size" in MATLAB Script - Lorenz Diff Eq.vi". Using LabView 7.1 with previous version of MATLAB (6.5) I have no problem running examples and my own LabView programs. Could someone suggest me how to fix described problem? Regards to All. Sergey Yakovlev wrote on 05 Aug 2004 16:48:26 MET: > LabView 7.1 hangs when I try to send variable to MATLAB 7 > workspace using standart LabView to MATLAB script. [...] > "Error 1047 occurred at LabVIEW: LabVIEW failed to send > variable to the script server. Server:"Inappropriate input > array size" in MATLAB Script - Lorenz Diff Eq.vi". I'm having the same difficulties. The only mentioning of this I found so far was this thread: Message-ID: <50650000000500000096700100-1079395200000@exchange.ni.com> referring to this page: <URL:http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/4475BC3CEB062C9586256D750058F14B?OpenDocument> This didn't work for me though. I couldn't get the code w...

LabView 7.1.1 + DAQMX
I want to know Wheter I can use task created using DAQMX using LabVIEW 7.1.1 can be inovked either by VB.net or VB6 if yes than how:) Secondly How can i used the traditional DAQ with VB.net or VB6, It would be&nbsp; helpful if any body can provide some info or weblink on this topic. Regards Nadeem <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=327317" target="_blank">duplicate post</a> ...

Help needed: Can anybody convert a hit7104g.llb from LabView 7 into a dll for LabView 6.1??
Gents, I am an absolutley beginner in LabView, but working very hard on it to get a progress.I"ve got great help here at this pages how to find out the first steps installing 2 DSO Scopes Hitachi VC-7104, which are connected via PCI-GPIB.Equipment, settings&nbsp; and communication inside the automation explorer is working perfect.I found a free LabView version inside a PC Magazine, its the LabView 6.1 and I want to let them communicate with my DSO's.There is a driver available but for only for the LabView 7 version.Can anybody convert this file and explain to me how to install it later at LabView 6.1 ??I would be very happy, because my old method was writing data's into the PCMCIA-SRAM card at the DSOand pull out it for reading outit later in a PC, crazy method.Best regards from Germany!Thomas hit7104g.llb: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/343224/1/hit7104g.llb I am converting them. Will post soon R Ok, great!!!Many THX !!Meanwhile I read more in the LV6.1 manual.Thomas A bit messy since I was trying to do it quickly, but all the files should be in LV6.1 in their respective folder. Let me know how it goes. R &nbsp; Converted to LV6.1.zip: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/343390/1/Converted to LV6.1.zip Joe, Moved all folders from your file into the folder C:\Programme\National Instruments\LabVIEW 6.1\instr.lib,same path were the HP34401 instrument is.Then tried a function, like the GO NOGO function and now the communicaton is perfec...

LabVIEW Player VI Creation Toolkit for LV version 7.1
I have LV 7.1, but LV VI Creation Toolkit I found only for the version 7.0, which I can not to install. Is Creation Toolkit available for the LV7.1? Hello Jonni, It's Pete here from National Instruments technical support department here. I have been asked to look into this case for you. Unfortunetly we do not yet have a LabVIEW VI Creation Toolkit available for LV 7.1. This is in the pipeline and will hopefully be available soon. Sorry I could not give better news or be more precise. Regards, Peter H. Applications Engineer. National Instruments. :'-(( what to do , what to do.......

Open Invitation to the LabVIEW Statechart Module 1.0 Beta Program
We are now opening registration for participation in the LabVIEW Statechart Module 1.0 beta program to the general LabVIEW community.To become a LabVIEW Statechart Module 1.0 beta tester, register by visiting <a href="http://digital.ni.com/betaprogram/lvstatechart_betacust.nsf/webbetaprofile" target="_blank">http://digital.ni.com/betaprogram/lvstatechart_betacust.nsf/webbetaprofile</a>. You will use this same site for everything related to the beta program, whether it is reporting bugs, submitting feedback on feature documentation, or getting the latest beta program updates. Please note that the Beta distribution for the Statechart Module will not include Beta installers for LabVIEW, LabVIEW Real-Time, and our device drivers. You will need to register for the Beta programs for these products separately if you intend to use them (the current LabVIEW Beta is required in order to use the Statechart Module).After you register, please be patient for the beta coordinators to process your application. Registration does not necessarily guarantee you a position in the beta program. Determination of acceptance into the program is up to the sole discretion of National Instruments. Those candidates accepted into the program will be notified of their acceptance by e-mail.After our beta program commences we will be offering a webinar in order to introduce beta users to our product.&nbsp; In order to participate in this webinar, you must be accepted into ...

If i have a labview .vi file(and labview) but i want to open it in a computer that doesn't have labview, how would i do it??
Okay, i have a made a labview program and save it as.vi. &nbsp; Let's say that it is a program that when opened and you hit run it shows a sine wave. &nbsp; Now if i wanted to open up the program without Labview, ( i don't need to modify it) on a computer that doesn't have labview. How would i go about doing this?? &nbsp; Thanks, K ...

Problem in creating the simulation dll using SIT 2.0.3,matlab 7.1,labview 7.1
I am currently using SIT 2.0.3 ,using this toolkit i am trying to create the simulation DLL for labview.but i am getting the following error in matlab command window Error: File: C:\SimulationInterfaceToolkit\ModelInterface\basic.tlc Line: 117 Column: 7Undefined identifier ReleaseVersionError: File: C:\SimulationInterfaceToolkit\ModelInterface\basic.tlc Line: 117 Column: 25The == and != operators can only be used to compare values of the same typeError: File: C:\SimulationInterfaceToolkit\ModelInterface\basic.tlc Line: 260 Column: 26Undefined identifier ReleaseVersionError: File: C:\SimulationInterfaceToolkit\ModelInterface\basic.tlc Line: 260 Column: 44The == and != operators can only be used to compare values of the same type &nbsp; Is this a version problem? I am using Simulation interface toolkit 2.0.3 Matlab 7.1.0.246(R14) Service pack Real time workshop V.6.3 Labview 7.1 Microsoft visual C++ 6.0 &nbsp; Can anybody help me to solve this issue. &nbsp; Hi, Unfortunately, it looks like the versions you are using are indeed not compatible. Here is an excerpt from the <a href="http://ftp.ni.com/support/softlib/labview/labview_toolkits/simulation_interface/2.0.3/sit_2_0_3_readme.html" target="_blank">Read Me file</a> for Simulation Interface Toolkit 2.0.3: To use the Simulation Interface Toolkit 2.0.3, you must be a properly licensed user of and have the following software installed on the host computer. - The MathWorks MATLAB ver...

Web resources about - How to open external program (non LV) in LabView 7.1? - comp.lang.labview

Externals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
All of the Externals were originally portrayed as immortal and important, playing an extremely major role in the future and Apocalypse 's rise ...

BuzzFeed Tries Out an External Banner Ad
... the NBCUniversal streaming comedy service Seeso, over the weekend. The digital media site has long favored custom-made native ads over external ...

More on AMD’s XConnect Tech: Thunderbolt 3 for External Radeons
... AMD issued a driver update that brought support for a new technology, XConnect. In a nutshell, XConnect is AMD’s trade name for running external ...

AMD wants to standardize the external GPU
(credit: Robert Hallock) AMD hints that it's working on a new external graphics card solution that promises to be "the answer" to "ultrathin" ...

Xiaomi's new Mi Powerbank Pro is a 10,000 mAh external battery with USB Type-C
... LG's G5 and Xiaomi's Mi 5 unveiled with USB Type-C. But, for consumers, having it on a new smartphone may actually be an issue. An external ...

Three external hard drives up to 5TB are on sale at deep discounts on Amazon
... it's always worth considering. Well wouldn't you know it, Amazon is currently offering bigger-than-normal discounts on three different external ...

Gamers rejoice! AMD releases Thunderbolt 3 driver for external video cards
AMD has issued a driver update that will allow ultrathin notebooks or 2-in-1 laptops to connect via Thunderbolt 3 to external GPU enclosures ...

EMEA external storage market continues to decline in 4Q15 but all-flash adoption soars, says IDC
The total EMEA external storage systems value fell 7.5% on year to US$2.08 billion in the fourth quarter of 2015, according to IDC's EMEA Quarterly ...

Razer's 'Core' external GPU ships in April for $500
Razer announced pricing and availability for its new Core external graphics box at GDC on Wednesday. The device is available for pre-order starting ...