How to save in labview 7, from labview 8

Need to open my LV 8 VI in LV7, due to different plattforms...

How do I make it possible?
0
x9561 (148440)

You will have to save out your VI using LabVIEW 8 first, select the Save with options. Then you can select the previous version, which probably is 7.1. ( You will have to repeat the procedure using LV7.1)
If you have used any of the new functions and featured in your VI(s), then these will be lost when you save backwards.
Hope this helps
Regards
Ray Farmer
0
x9561 (148440)
8/8/2006 7:40:07 AM
Hi Ray,
1) I was just trying your advice on my system and I don't see 'Save with Option' .  There is Save, and Save As..
2) I have a llb file and I wish to know which version it is...how can I find out?  (I'm using 8.01).  I suspect it is 7.1 and I get bunch of errors when it opens.
3) If the vi is 7.1, will LabView automatically convert it to 8.0?
Thanks
Rafi

p.s. I'm mainly a CVI developer, and apologize for the "basic" questions...
0
x9561 (148440)
9/22/2006 7:10:08 AM
Rafi,
Thats the trouble when you dont have labview in front of you. Looking at the manual chapter 7-7, there should, be under menu item File a 'Save For Previous Version'.
I think under the VI Properties, under the change history, you should be able to find out what version it is. LabVIEW will try to convert automatically, but there are some issue that it cannot cope with. The release notes should identify these.
Regards
Ray Farmer

0
x9561 (148440)

To Labview or not to labview
I am facing a large decision, to continue developement with labview or to m= ove on to .NET or Delphi. <br>The desire to move comes from the simple fac= t that .NET and Delphi applications 'look' more like windows applications b= oth in appearance and operation. What I am talking about are the menus for= file, edit,printing that we are so used to with such packages as Excel and= the like.<br>I tend to use labview in the following way: write an applica= tion and distribute it to MANY clients running everything from 98 to XP. I= just feel labview is moving away from th...

labview 8.5 to labview 7.0
i am on my labview working with 8.5but at work, we only have labview 7.0.what would be my best way to get my vi to be 7.0?thank you so muchMessage Edited by krispiekream on 06-19-2008 03:59 PM In order to go from LV 8.5 to LV 7, you will need to have LV 8.5 (save it back to 8.0), LV 8.0 (save it back to 7.1) and LV 7.1 (to save back to 7.0). If it's only a few small VI's, you can post them on the forum and ask someone to do the saves for you.&nbsp; (Best if you do the save back to 8.0 and&nbsp;post that in order&nbsp;to eliminate 1 of the 3 steps for whoever will do the r...

labview 8.0 to labview 7.0
Hi, Can somebody save the below VIs in LV 8.0&nbsp;for LV 7.0, please... ?! Find Power Interrupt Time.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/335061/1/Find Power Interrupt Time.vi Remove Element(s) from Array.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/335061/2/Remove Element(s) from Array.vi Hi Partha,Here are the VIs in LV7.0.Have a nice day Find Power Interrupt Time.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/335070/1/Find Power Interrupt Time.vi Remove Element(s) from Array.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/335070/2/Remove Element(s) from Array.vi ...

upgrading cRIO from Labview 7 to Labview 8
Hi again :) I have a cRIO system that is running Labview 7. It runs fine. No problems. We've upgraded to LV8 and I'm wondering if I should convert the LV7 system to LV8. The only reason I would do this is because for me LV8 is much easier to work with regarding cRIO (using DMA, setting up the project etc.). Now, if I attempt to upgrade the LV7 cRIO system, what kinds of problems will I run in to? I assume it means formatting the cRIO, installing LV8, converting the program from LV7 to LV8... &nbsp; Is there an FAQ regarding this, specifically about the cRIO? &nbsp; Thanks, Jeff...

labview 7.1 to Labview 8.0 upgrade
Greetings all, &nbsp; My company has recently aquired labview 8.0 licences&nbsp;and is intending to use it as its development platform instead of labview 7.1. the problem is that all of our customers are&nbsp;currently running executables generated in a labview 7.1 environment and&nbsp;any updated versions of our software that&nbsp;we will send them in the future will most likely be developed&nbsp;in labview 8.0.&nbsp;The question&nbsp;is , other than sending them the executables generated by LV8&nbsp;along with LV8 RTE are there any problems. did any one&am...

LabVIEW 8 does not close ref's the same as LabVIEW 7!?!
Hello! I have been struggling with a difference between LabVIEW 7 and 8 in how the Close Reference functions for Active X objects. In order to fully understand the problem, let me first explain the process of how I got here. I have an application in beta testing and we noticed a huge memory leak in LabVIEW 8, 8.2. I took a snippet of the code and worked on it a while to reduce the memory leak. I was closing every reference and could not explain it so I wrote the same code in VB and saw no memory leaks. I implemented the same code in LabVIEW 8 and still saw a memory leak. The code opens a gr...

Open LabVIEW 8.0 files in LabVIEW 7.0
Hello, &nbsp; I have developed an application in LabVIEW 8.0 and built a standalone executable just to realize that I have to deploy it in a Windows NT computer that is not compatible with LV Run Time Engine 8.0 that only supports Windows 2000 and XP. I have tried to open the labView files (*.vi) using LabVIEW 7.0 but it gives me an error. Is there any easy and clean solution to import these files in LV 7.0 in order to build a new excutable and make&nbsp;it compatible with Windows NT? &nbsp; Regards, &nbsp; Toni ...

Labview 7.0 Vs Labview 8.2 Issue?
Hello, For a independent study Labview class I'm taking, I am trying to create a program that will input two different wav files and combine parts of them together for audio output. The first file I am trying to cut out the bass lines and replace them with the bass lines from the second file. Kind of like turning the second file into a karaoke version and filling in the vocals with the vocal line from the first file. A second option is simply taking the instrumentals from a song (a wav file containing only the bass line) and adding them to the first file after cutting out the original bas...

How can I run a labview 7.2 vi in labview 8.2
We have several versions of labview running different test and control functions in our facility. There are labview 7.2 VIs in a production setting I wish to reproduce in the test lab. Can I convert them to run on 8.2 or do I have to recreate them in 8.2. I tried to open one in 8.2 and got multiple SubVI's that were not in my program library.. most dealing with AI manipulation. &nbsp; And make sure you have backup copies of your 7.x code. Once you load and save in 8.2, it is a lot of work to get them back to 7.x. Note I used 7.x because I am unaware of LabVIEW version 7.2 even existin...

Why multihreaded soft worked under Labview 7 but is slower under Labview 8.2.1
Hello all ! &nbsp; I have a multithreated software developped under Labview 7.0. Under this version, multithreading can be enabled/disabled via the&nbsp;options menu&nbsp;/ performance &amp; disk section. This is not present under Labview 8.2.1. &nbsp; My software works properly under LW7 but is slower under LW8.2.1...how can I configure labview and or my vi&nbsp;to make it running as well as&nbsp;under LW7 ??? Is there a "hidden" option to enable/disable multithreading under LW8.2.1 ?&nbsp; &nbsp; Thank you for your help &nbsp; remi To disabl...

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #8
Hi, &nbsp; I'm using a VI on a two photon microscope. It steers the laser beam in the sample (quite the same way as a TV scan, scanning a fast line on the X axis, then moving the line down)&nbsp;controlling two mirrors by the&nbsp;PCI-MIO-16E-4 Multifunctions card&nbsp;on traditional DAQ and at the same time it serves as the acquitision through a non-NI DSP Multifunction-board with on-board buffers and hight data throughput (70 Mb/s). &nbsp; It is this part of the program which gives us strong headaches since we have upgraded to a new PC. On the old machine we used Win...

labview 8.2 llb run with labview 8.5
On the PC I have delete labview 8.2, but I dont find the CD for reinstall. I have a .llb file made with labview 8.2, Can i run it with labview 8.5 or download labview 8.2, I muss install ii rapidelly. &nbsp; tks Costello, you can update the VIs within the LLB to LV 8.5 if they do not have their blockdiagram removed.....hope this helps,Norbert How can I update ? When I start the .vi in the lbb he dont found somme .vi located in DAQmx (wrtie.lbb, start task.lbb,...) How can i install this lbb? thks Costello, if you get loading errors when opening one VI from the LLB like you the ones you ...

How to open Labview 8.5 VI in Labview 8.2
Hi I am using LabVIEW 8.2.I found one ook modulation example project(http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-1394),it was developed in Labview 8.5.I have to oepn this one in My system mean in Labview 8.2.Please tell procedure.Is it possible or not.?Thnaking you sir. It is not possible directly. Somebody with access to version 8.5 needs to save it for version 8.2. Could you attach that particular vi in your post so that somebody can save it for 8.2 Thanks, Mathan Or you can install Labview 8.5 demo. Works for 30 days.... Hi Mathan,Thanks for your reply.i need OOK Modulation (FPGA).VI and O...

opening a labview 8.5 file with labview 8.21
Hello,I was working on a project at home with labview 8.21, I nearly finished this project but I addes some stuff at school where they have labview 8.5.Today I wanted to open the labview file on my computer, but It gave an error: labview load error 9: Vi version 8.5 is newer then&nbsp;labVIEW version 8.2.1.Is there any way I can open the file on my computer?Or can I save the file at school als a 8.2.1 file? thnx in advance,Seppe Hi Seppe, just save it in school using "Save to previous" from the file menu... You'll have to reopen the file on a computer with LV 8.5.&nbsp; From there you can do a Save as Previous Version to save back to LV 8.2.1 Hi Seppe, if you have LabView 8.5 you can save your vi for previous verions (8.2.1 and 8.0)Mike ok, thnx for all the correct answers ! ...

Would a LabVIEW 8.5 Executable play nice with LabVIEW 7.1 Development on the Same System?
Our testing computer right now just has the user&nbsp;run the corresponding .vi file since we have LabVIEW 7.1 installed on the computer. &nbsp; If I use 8.5 to compile this .vi to an executable, I realize that I must install the run-time support for 8.5.&nbsp; My question is what effect will installing the 8.5 run-time have on the ability to continue to run the other 7.1 VIs with LabVIEW 7.1.&nbsp; &nbsp; Should I be concerned with losing MAX settings when installing the run-time support for 8.5? I want to be able to run 8.5 executables but also able to open up a 7.1 .vi ...

Installation of LabView 8 after LabView 6
Good afternoon everybody, &nbsp; I've got a big problem with LabView. The fact is that I begin with this software... I've just installed LabView 8 on a computer where LabView 6 was installed. Once the installation finished, I tried to launch a VI That was developped under the old version. &nbsp; The problem is that two VI can't be found : - AI Sample Channel.vi - AI Acquire Waveform.vi Therefore, I can't use anymore the program that was working before... What is the solution to get everything ok please ? Thank you very much ! SylvianTriquigneaux, the VI will now...

Is LabVIEW 7.1 Aug2005 identical to LabView 7.1 May2005?
I am attempting to have a coworker at a remote site set up their PC with the exact same software as one that I have here.&nbsp; I used the August 2005 CDs from Developer Suite.&nbsp; My coworker tells me that he has the TestStand 3.1, and the Device Driver CDs from the Aug2005 Dev Suite shipment, but he can only find LabView 7.1 from the May2005 delivery. &nbsp; I would like to safely&nbsp;assume that LabView 7.1 is LabView 7.1, regardless of whether it was shipped in May or August, but it is really important to me to make absolutely sure that we end up with the same software v...

LabVIEW 7.1.1 Executable Installer Won't Work When LabVIEW 8.0 Is Installed
I have a LabVIEW 7.1.1 application that I built into an executable.&nbsp; The executable runs fine on the machine I built it on, but if I run the installer it gives me error 1722.&nbsp; The installer launches another executable that is contained within the build, and it seems that it is when the installer gets to that part that it crashes.&nbsp; The executable shows up in the right place, as if the installer completed successfully, and it executes fine.&nbsp; On machines that do not have LabVIEW 8.0 installed on them the installer runs without crashing and it properly runs the ...

change a LabVIEW array outside LabVIEW and keep updated in LabVIEW
change a LabVIEW array outside LabVIEW and keep updated in LabVIEW hi, I am Interfacing a FrameGrabber with LabVIEW using a frame grabber SDK(dll). The memory managment of this FG allow you to allocate your own Array and to give a pointer to this Array to the memory manager. Then when you acquire with the frame grabber, the acquired image will be directly accessible in your array. 1.I give to the FG memory manager a pointer to the Labview array through a SDK Dll function. 2. I run the acquisition 3. I display the array My problem is that the Array is allways displayed with it initial val...

Can LabView 8.5 read LabView 8.5.1 VIs
Since LabVIEW 8.5.1 is only a bug fix, can LabVIEW 8.5 read any VIs generated in LabVIEW 8.5.1? Simple answer YES. But it&nbsp;will the VIs compile so it is a good idea to make a mass compile in the folder where the VIs are. ...

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #7
Hi, &nbsp; I'm using a VI on a two photon microscope. It steers the laser beam in the sample (quite the same way as a TV scan, scanning a fast line on the X axis, then moving the line down)&nbsp;controlling two mirrors by the&nbsp;PCI-MIO-16E-4 Multifunctions card&nbsp;on traditional DAQ and at the same time it serves as the acquitision through a non-NI DSP Multifunction-board with on-board buffers and hight data throughput (70 Mb/s). &nbsp; It is this part of the program which gives us strong headaches since we have upgraded to a new PC. On the old machine we used Win...

LabVIEW 8.0 changed a constant that was wired to a Case structure to a hidden control to maintain compatibility with LabVIEW 7.1 and earlier.
Y am i getting this msg? Hi, muks, This happened because "...LabVIEW does not compile code on the block diagram that does not execute. For example, LabVIEW does not compile any code that exists within the inactive subdiagrams of the Conditional Disable structure. In addition, LabVIEW does not compile code within a Case structure that has a constant wired to it that would not execute the case with the code..."In the other words, if you have case structure, which is wired to T/F constant, then prior to version 8.x both cases will be compiled. From version 8.x the only "executed&q...

Compatability from Labview 5 to labview 7 express?
I am having a problem where I may have to write a VI on labview 5 on one computer, then move it to a second computer running labview 7 express. Are there any compatability issues I may have to deal with in doing this? there is not supposed to any compatibility issues with version 5. You would have a problem going backwards from 7 to 5 but not from going from 5 to 7.At least that is the way it is supposed to work. Joe Hello Kura, LabVIEW 7.0 will open and convert LabVIEW 5 VI=92s. There are occasionally conversion issues, just depending on what is involved in the VI (the bulk of which bein...

open file that created on LabVIEW 7.0 EXPREES with LabVIEW 7.1 version
hi all, why i can't open file that open/modified LabVIEW 7.0 EXPREES&nbsp;, in version&nbsp;&nbsp;LabVIEW 7.1 ? &nbsp; thank's all&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; :) yes the file is *.vi&nbsp;.&nbsp;&nbsp;tha file contain blok diagram. the that i get is :ERROR.jpg (i even can't open file in this porum: <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=206190&amp;query.id=195707#M206190" target="_blank">http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=206190&amp;query.id=...

Web resources about - How to save in labview 7, from labview 8 - comp.lang.labview

LabVIEW - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
LabVIEW (short for Laboratory Virtual Instrument Engineering Workbench) is a system-design platform and development environment for a visual ...

LabVIEW - Geekosystem
Don we now our gay apparel, and why shouldn’t that apparel be primarily composed of Christmas lights synchronized to flash with music ? Andy ...

National Instruments - LinkedIn
Welcome to the company profile of National Instruments on LinkedIn. It's not what we make. It's what we make possible. National Instruments is ...

Products / Home - g.tec - Guger Technologies
g.tec medical and electrical engineering produces biosignal amplifiers, data acquisition systems, real-time processing systems and EEG Processing ...

School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering - Computing Facilities
In particular, we have technical interests in common with the other Engineering Schools (Chemical, Civil & Environmental, Mechanical and Computer ...

Handy Arduino Uno R3 Pinout Diagram

Curriculum Vitae - Stefano Meroli
Curriculum Vitae - Stefano Meroli

Testing Engineering Supervisor
Testing Engineering Supervisor job. Read the Testing Engineering Supervisor job description and find other Division 10 Personnel jobs at Monster. ...

Knowledge and Content Management: A Foundation for Business Success
Knowledge management and enterprise content management are increasingly at the center of a successful business strategy.